PDA

View Full Version : 2 handed weapons vs 1 hand

Mieltior
08-04-2012, 06:44 AM
First, just want to say that for some reason the search function doesnt work for me today for some reason and I asusme this has been answered but I couldnt find it. All my two handers I have gotten in game have a lot lower dps that equal level duel weapons. What are the perks and drawbacks of having a twohander versus 2 one handed weapons? Why does the dps show to be that much lower on twohanded weapons?

Thanks

Cahaun
08-04-2012, 07:58 AM
Two handed weapons are slow, and therefore lower the amount of damage one can do in a second which is measured in Damage per Second (DpS) Dual Wield weapons are faster with a small damage reduction compared to Two Handed weapons, but the speed of which one attacks raises the DpS even more.

Mieltior
08-04-2012, 08:25 AM
Is there any way to accuratly compare the raw dmg output between a specific twohanded and duelwielder?

Cahaun
08-04-2012, 08:41 AM
Is there any way to accuratly compare the raw dmg output between a specific twohanded and duelwielder?
The stats that are shown when an item is selected shows you the original stats the item has on the bottom of the screen. All I can say to really compare how a weapon will do is the preview stats thing that shows what will go up and what will go down. Attack and Damage passive skills along with your gems will effect what it'll be like in the end.

Mieltior
08-04-2012, 09:04 AM
I meant if i have say a 40 dps 2 hand weapon and a 50 dps duel wielder which will do more dmg in the end or are duel wielders always better? How can i accurately compare the two if one always shows much lower dps is what i am getting at.a

Pauly
08-04-2012, 03:48 PM
I can answer the question for you all 2 hand weapons r worse than dual wield weapons. You'd be better off using a weapon 3 lvls lower than a dual wield weapon. The dps reduce is way high for u to compare them overall all they give is a small reduction to hp or def. Either way they never pay off I've tested this in player vs player. unless the 2 hander is plat i suggest not using it.

Phoenician1
08-04-2012, 06:10 PM
But you can't overestimate the fear factor of fighting an enemy with a big-*** flaming sword! I personally made two shotgun police wet themselves!! (Damn near put out my big-*** flaming sword.)

Pauly
08-04-2012, 07:41 PM
Agreed.

Xaphan Fox
08-04-2012, 08:11 PM
Everyone is slightly wrong.

Dps isn't the only thing to look at.
There is also damage.

2handers have high damage but are slow so low dps.

Dual have low damage but are fast so high dps.

Skill damage is based off of your damage stat. Dps is just how much you whack at them for.

2handed does more skill damage, but the melee spam after to finish them off is less.
Dual does less skill damage, but you can grind them down faster.

If you wanna box someone down, dual is better.
If you wanna spam skills then run, 2 hander offers more punch.