PDA

View Full Version : Humania Leeching Protocol

Hardcoure
08-04-2012, 12:56 PM
I've started leveling in Humania the last couple of days and I've noticed how there's so many people who like to go afk on the edge of the map aka leeching xp. (or those more idiotic people who think the leeching xp while dead still works)

There's been some people I notice who are notorious leechers. They join the dungeon, maybe kill a couple enemies, and then just go afk. There's many ways to leech xp I'm sure but why feed those leechers more info on how to?

I know if you join a game with host or host a game then you can boot, but I've found that you usually get more people if you join a game with no host. The issue with no host is no booting. So for those of you like me who more than likely join a game with no host, what do you do to stop the leecher?

Some leechers seem to help kill after a couple of people bother them, some just leave, others just don't care what we say.

I've noticed some people like to keep yelling to that person, some like to pm others in dungeon and say "don't let x player leech", some who just don't seem to care. I ask of you, what's your protocol when you see a leecher?

leech- word count: 11

Jcyee
08-04-2012, 01:33 PM
Leeching while afk isnt rlly a problem in dungeons because u just go past them unless ur in lost villas or they bot

If i see one, i just tell ppl to leave the game lmao

~A~
08-04-2012, 02:00 PM
You still CAN get xp when dead... ive leveled quite a few times like that... i was waiting for rev from mage

Hardcoure
08-04-2012, 02:07 PM
You still CAN get xp when dead... ive leveled quite a few times like that... i was waiting for rev from mage

You can for two minutes. That's it.

Suentous PO
08-04-2012, 02:15 PM
I'd just leave. If you tend to get more ppl to join a map w/no host then leachers are the price you pay, as they are looking for those same games.

Chopper
08-04-2012, 04:18 PM
yeah, ive notice a lot more of them too.

They come and hang around the edge of the screen. Maybe stoimp every once in a while or cast a wasted spell just to pretend they are doing something.

I always call them out.

demoncrate
08-04-2012, 04:37 PM
I hate leechers. I normally leave games or ask host to kick.

FluffNStuff
08-04-2012, 04:40 PM
Can you drag mobs / yetis over to them?

Brave Sir Robin
08-04-2012, 04:48 PM
Yeah I know... it sux.

asommers was thinking of implementing something called boot voting to fix this problem, but this idea never materialised.

...If you're in a game with no host, the boot button will initiate a 10 second vote. If at least half of the number of players that are in the game also vote to boot the player, the player will be ousted...

Rauekat
08-04-2012, 05:39 PM
Guys my true idenity is about to be revealed.....a leecher *collective gasps fill the air* ^.^

styg2012
08-04-2012, 07:47 PM
Kick. As simple as that.

bobfredd
08-04-2012, 08:40 PM
Maybe they know they can't get xp while dead in lost villas but they can get furballs.

xcainnblecterx
08-04-2012, 08:51 PM
Calling them leeches is new to me I call Em trolls haha. If one joins and trolls ill wait till boss to see if they do anything besides follow Killin one or two enimes, and if they just stand while I'm Killin the boss ill boot. Sometimes if I know they troll ill kick befor starting. As for games with no host do the same as the trolls and tag along, either they get bored and move on, or actually do something

ThePvpTwink
08-04-2012, 10:08 PM
Lost Villas=Leeching paradise...Especially since most have no host.

Ihavenokills
08-04-2012, 10:38 PM
GOSH! I hate leechers. the nerve of some people. Standing there letting people kill for them...what has this world come to?

CMX
08-05-2012, 12:36 AM
GOSH! I hate leechers. the nerve of some people. Standing there letting people kill for them...what has this world come to?

You do that in Star Legends, don't you?

BTW, I have already email STS with screenshot of leechers way back. Most leechers are found in Lost Villas. Doubt anything will be done so just leave those game when you see one.

Entertaining
08-05-2012, 12:45 AM
You can for two minutes. That's it.

Isn't it one minute? Oo

Ihavenokills
08-05-2012, 02:51 AM
You do that in Star Legends, don't you?

BTW, I have already email STS with screenshot of leechers way back. Most leechers are found in Lost Villas. Doubt anything will be done so just leave those game when you see one.

Leeching isn't against anything in the ToS, it's just frowned upon.

If you hate leeching so much the only thing i could consider is hosting games (I completely avoided hosted games). I understand you said people join non-hosted games faster. Joining a group that xp runs a lot is also something to eliminate this. But that's all i can consider. sorry mate.

edit: found a little something that seems perfect for this situation lol i would of been banned a long time ago if that was a rule XD

Hardcoure
08-05-2012, 12:07 PM
It's not that I don't host runs but when I solo for 15 minutes in Lost Villas and no one joins I just give up and go to a no host game. It seems no one in my fl is on anymore to invite, lol I need to update with active players.

Isn't it one minute? Oo

Maybe? I don't think so though. I saw it posted somewhere in forums here recently that it's two minutes. I haven't timed it to check but it seems about two.

Register
08-09-2012, 04:02 PM
EDIT: Quoting on mobile is so hard....Sorry fr double post lol. Quote fail ftw

Register
08-09-2012, 04:05 PM
It seems no one in my fl is on anymore to invite, lol I need to update with active players.

Me too lol...pretty much only Whirlz comes on now. I saw Ayc on earlier but that was the first time in a while.

Perhaps I should sort out my 600+ friend requests an see who I want to be my friend :D
If someone hacked me and drained my gold and items, id be fine.
If someone hacked me and pressed Accept/Reject All....iRAGE

(Insert funny pic Plawx)