PDA

View Full Version : "helping" lower-level players

Phoenician1
08-04-2012, 06:53 PM
It occurs to me that I may not be really helping lower-level players by going on campaigns with them. Is my level (25) forcing them to face level 25 enemies? If so, do they receive higher XP for going through a level 25-difficulty map or campaign with me? Or am I just making their enemies a whole lot tougher for no real reward to them? How do the under-the-hood mechanics of this work?

RedRyder
08-04-2012, 09:40 PM
If DL is anything like the other games, the enemies level is equal or over the highest level player in the camp. If you're not doing most of the work, then you'd just be making it harder for the lower levels. Everyone solos the levels anyways lol, so you should get through it with relative ease. You'd be doing the lower levels a favor in that case.

Either way, if they're trying to level up 3D missions are worth it much. The allies give a lot more xp, at least until the rebalance happens.

Phoenician1
08-05-2012, 12:29 AM
"Rebalance", you say?

RedRyder
08-05-2012, 01:01 AM
Cara said that the Xp will be more dominant in 3D missions along with nerfing the gold drops.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?64950-Upcoming-changes-the-future-of-the-game-economy-and-the-removal-luck

Phoenician1
08-05-2012, 02:02 AM
Cara said that the Xp will be more dominant in 3D missions along with nerfing the gold drops.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?64950-Upcoming-changes-the-future-of-the-game-economy-and-the-removal-luck

Okay, thanks for the link. So it doesn't sound like I'm doing them any favors by running with them. That's too bad. Not sure what else I can do to help new players, except sit around on the alley and hand out free advice (Egad, I'm my grandfather). So even if the lower-level player generates the level and then invites me, it still adjusts to my level?

RedRyder
08-05-2012, 03:36 AM
Yup pretty much. Just kill everything in sight yourself and let them tail you :p