PDA

View Full Version : Is there any way to reserve a name for AL I don't own?

bobfredd
08-04-2012, 08:43 PM
There's this name I really want but I'm sure it'll probably be taken on the frst day al comes out. Is there any way I can get it if it's taken on pl? Can I ask a dev to reserve it for me or platinum? I kno this should probably be in the al forum but whatever.I would probably pay gold cap to have this name on pl.

Rawrimafish
08-04-2012, 08:56 PM
Nope, you have to own the name. The owner of the name might choose to reserve the name too.

Growwle
08-04-2012, 09:07 PM
Make a level 1 character with the name you want, then reserve it. Sure it will cost more, but if you want the name badly enough, you will pay up. You can even reserve multiple names like this and sell them to people who wanted them (for in-game cash and loot of course), yes this is unethical, but not illegal if you paid for it.

bobfredd
08-04-2012, 09:10 PM
Make a level 1 character with the name you want, then reserve it. Sure it will cost more, but if you want the name badly enough, you will pay up. You can even reserve multiple names like this and sell them to people who wanted them (for in-game cash and loot of course), yes this is unethical, but not illegal if you paid for it.
I would do that but the name is taken on pl! What I'm trying to say is can I reserve a name that's taken. I doubt that person is even playin pl anymore.

LwMark
08-04-2012, 09:19 PM
Email ze devs

XchilangopwnX
08-04-2012, 09:24 PM
Log into another STS game; SL or DL. Just to see if the name is taken on there as well. If you are lucky and it isn't you can buy just enough platinum on that game just for the name. Yes, this is may be quite tedious but if you're that desperate enough then you would do this.

Making a test account on another STS game is free so you won't have to pay a cent unless you find the name not taken. There is the problem that the PL person may have reserved it since you aren't truly sure if he does or doesn't play anymore. I recommend you email support and ask them first if the name has been reserved. I am sure they can do that. Sorry if they can't.

Hope this helps.

bobfredd
08-04-2012, 09:34 PM
Log into another STS game; SL or DL. Just to see if the name is taken on there as well. If you are lucky and it isn't you can buy just enough platinum on that game just for the name. Yes, this is may be quite tedious but if you're that desperate enough then you would do this.

Making a test account on another STS game is free so you won't have to pay a cent unless you find the name not taken. There is the problem that the PL person may have reserved it since you aren't truly sure if he does or doesn't play anymore. I recommend you email support and ask them first if the name has been reserved. I am sure they can do that. Sorry if they can't.

Hope this helps.
Ok I will try to email them and the name is taken on dl an sl.

XchilangopwnX
08-04-2012, 09:58 PM
Best of luck that it hasn't been reserved yet.

In your email you should tell them that you want to know if it has been reserved and if it hasn't then that you would like to know if they could reserve it for you and take the platinum from your PL account. Of course as long as you have purchased the funds and they are in your account. Good luck.

Oh, offices are closed until Monday. Be patient as they do their best to get back to you.