PDA

View Full Version : Level limitation for dungeons.

Splurd
04-20-2010, 05:30 AM
Ok Forest Haven is free, and is for lvl 1-13
Dark Forest is for lvl 1-18
Balefort Castle is for lvl 1-23
Fathom Crypt is for lvl 1- ? (what is its cap? :confused:)
The Lost Expedition is for lvl 1-30

Now, there are two problems here

1)why bother buying the other dungeons if you can buy The Lost Expedition straight away? Or have measures been put into place to ensure you dont get some stingy persons doing such a thing?

2) leechers. A little low level comes into the Lost Expedition, merrily staying afar and leaching exp and items. This is not very fair. Ignoring the fact that people will get annoyed, the leaching can be abused by people to power level a person quickly.

What I recommend is a minimum level cap to ensure that people are fighting the correct levels.
Forest Haven is lvl 1-13, no change there lol
Dark Forest is for lvl 7-18
Balefort Castle is for lvl 11-23
Fathom Crypt is for lvl 15- ?
The Lost Expedition is for lvl 19-30

Right now I feel an issue is that not all campaigns are played often. People tend to skip and be eager to get to the highest campaign (the lost expedition at the moment) as soon as possible. So I rarely see Fathom crypt maps, for example. By defining a level rage for maps, its more likely you'll be playing with people of your level and this way all the maps will get exposure.

Yourmum90
04-20-2010, 06:08 AM
Agree 100%, last night a level two stayed in our Lost expedition game. although it does not bother me that they get XP but when they got an epic drop they can not use for 28 levels that "annoyed" me shed loads. More to the point they were an enchanter and it was a bow.

i feel much better getting that off my chest

darrensmith016
04-20-2010, 06:49 AM
i hate it when that happens, its most annoying when they are in the quest and receive a pink (legendary) item!! makes my blood boil!

KronicDecay
04-20-2010, 07:23 AM
That's why I just leave. It's no fun fir me at all when a leeches comes in and I'd rather find a new group. What really gets to me is when the same leecher joins your game again after everyone leaves

Banned
04-20-2010, 07:24 AM
There should be no level restriction. People are paying for this content and shouldn't be restricted to it.

SMELTN
04-20-2010, 07:33 AM
No people are paying for the certain level of content. As advertised it says for levels 25-30 or 20-25, etc.. Thats what you are paying for

_ck
04-20-2010, 07:39 AM
There's already a long thread about this.. Why not just post in existing threads instead of making new ones for the same topic?

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?470-Please-be-fair-level-limits-to-enter-map-required

As I said in that thread, if you BUY content and support the game/developers it should be your RIGHT to play it, PERIOD. You also shouldn't be forced to buy every map pack in order (or play them in that order) if you do not wish to. If you want to jump in on The Lost Expedition with your Level 5 character it should be up to you.

Plus, as we now know, the next app update will include the option to kick people from the game. If some low-level joins your game and you feel they are leeches or simple undesirable, you can kick them. Hopefully Spacetime can also implement a choice to set a lowest entry-level when starting a new game, so you don't even have to worry that someone with too low a level joins your game.

Shebee
04-20-2010, 07:41 AM
I dont agree on a level limitation anymore, now that they add the kick feature, why need it?
I'd love to help/boost my friends in higher level dungeons.
Just make the quick game button to take you into dungeons of your level.

Splurd
04-20-2010, 09:09 AM
There's already a long thread about this.. Why not just post in existing threads instead of making new ones for the same topic?

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?470-Please-be-fair-level-limits-to-enter-map-required

As I said in that thread, if you BUY content and support the game/developers it should be your RIGHT to play it, PERIOD. You also shouldn't be forced to buy every map pack in order (or play them in that order) if you do not wish to. If you want to jump in on The Lost Expedition with your Level 5 character it should be up to you.

Plus, as we now know, the next app update will include the option to kick people from the game. If some low-level joins your game and you feel they are leeches or simple undesirable, you can kick them. Hopefully Spacetime can also implement a choice to set a lowest entry-level when starting a new game, so you don't even have to worry that someone with too low a level joins your game.

mmmm I strongly disagree.

A level 5 has no right being in Lost Expedition. He cannot kill, and he is just leaching exp. It's not how the game should be played, (IMO at least)

Its like saying I bought the lvl 50 cross but, it should be my right to use it. period. So kindly remove the level requirements.
Its the same logic. Just because you *buy* something doesnt mean you can do whatever you want with it.

Forgot about the other thread, plus I was also raising another issue that people may be skipping other dungeon packs. That is my main point. The fact that people will think Darkforest is a waste of money because you only can get 5 levels worth from it, as compared to jumping into lost expedition which can let you level all the way. Whether that is an issue is up to the devs, I'm just providing feedback on the issue.

I realise I made a mistake though.

I think the person should not be able to gain exp from joining the maps. Which is why I put a level range.
Didnt mean they cant join it. But oh well...

Shebee
04-20-2010, 09:30 AM
While I agree that LE might not be something for low levels, but as pointed out above, what if I want to help my friends, low levels do gain more xp and who needs low level equipment, they dont really help you and youll be hitting lvl 30 in just a couple of hours of gameplay.
I think the problem is fixed with the kick system.

_ck
04-20-2010, 10:15 AM
mmmm I strongly disagree.

A level 5 has no right being in Lost Expedition. He cannot kill, and he is just leaching exp. It's not how the game should be played, (IMO at least)

As I just wrote in the reply that you replied this to, in a little while we will have the ability to kick people from games. This will help enormously with leechers, and render level limitations unnecessary. And if any Level 5 player wants to go at it alone in The Lost Expedition, and die 200 times to gain one level up, let them! Won't be your problem anymore.

Its like saying I bought the lvl 50 cross but, it should be my right to use it. period. So kindly remove the level requirements.
Its the same logic. Just because you *buy* something doesnt mean you can do whatever you want with it.

Umm, that actually is the very definition of buying something. Buying something means you should be able to do whatever you want with it, no matter how idiotic it might be. If I go and buy a brand new Ferrari it's my absolute right to drive it off a cliff if I wanted to because it's mine and I paid for it.

But my main point is, there's going to be a kick function implemented soon, which means bye bye leeches and other undesirables. There's no need for a level limit!

Splurd
04-20-2010, 10:24 AM
As I just wrote in the reply that you replied this to, in a little while we will have the ability to kick people from games. This will help enormously with leechers, and render level limitations unnecessary. And if any Level 5 player wants to go at it alone in The Lost Expedition, and die 200 times to gain one level up, let them! Won't be your problem anymore.

Umm, that actually is the very definition of buying something. Buying something means you should be able to do whatever you want with it, no matter how idiotic it might be. If I go and buy a brand new Ferrari it's my absolute right to drive it off a cliff if I wanted to because it's mine and I paid for it.

But my main point is, there's going to be a kick function implemented soon, which means bye bye leeches and other undesirables. There's no need for a level limit!

However, try driving it at 200km/h in town and see if the police mind. Plus, my analogy of the lvl 60 crossbow. I bought it, I demand to use it. No?
It is not how the game was meant to be played. You're supposed to start off at low levels and work your way up via your own merit and hardwork. Not get leached and power leveled.

But thats not the main point of my thread. My main point is, people are going to neglect the other dungeons because they can just skip to lost expedition. This is... somewhat not right.

Splurd
04-20-2010, 10:25 AM
While I agree that LE might not be something for low levels, but as pointed out above, what if I want to help my friends, low levels do gain more xp and who needs low level equipment, they dont really help you and youll be hitting lvl 30 in just a couple of hours of gameplay.
I think the problem is fixed with the kick system.

Well... maybe abit more just just a couple. :cool:

I reiterate my point is that, the other dungeons are going to get neglected. Is this what the devs are happy with? Just a point of view.

Shebee
04-20-2010, 10:45 AM
Well... maybe abit more just just a couple. :cool:

I reiterate my point is that, the other dungeons are going to get neglected. Is this what the devs are happy with? Just a point of view.

Thats also an argument, if I got that right.
So your saying if everyone is just helping the low levels, the mid range dungeons will not be played anymore, thus making new players have a hard time?

Xervitude
04-20-2010, 10:55 AM
Thats also an argument, if I got that right.
So your saying if everyone is just helping the low levels, the mid range dungeons will not be played anymore, thus making new players have a hard time?

Kinda, but moreso.. why purchase the mid level dungeons at all? Developers will see new people join and pay for only the most recent dungeon and just start leveling from there. I think (it it is not this way already) that you shouldnt be able to purchase a dungeon until the previous one had been purchased. Bad business decision otherwise I think. However I dont see any reason 'old' content cant go on sale after a few weeks to hopefully snag more sales :)

_ck
04-20-2010, 11:12 AM
However, try driving it at 200km/h in town and see if the police mind. Plus, my analogy of the lvl 60 crossbow. I bought it, I demand to use it. No?
It is not how the game was meant to be played. You're supposed to start off at low levels and work your way up via your own merit and hardwork. Not get leached and power leveled.

But thats not the main point of my thread. My main point is, people are going to neglect the other dungeons because they can just skip to lost expedition. This is... somewhat not right.

You know, I'm not disagreeing with you. I don't like leechers, I don't want to see people skipping over levels and pay just for one dungeon that can theoretically let them level to 30 for $1.99, but then it shouldn't be possible to buy those dungeons in the first place if your current level is too low. Rather than buying something and then being told you can't play (which is like paying for a Ferrari and not getting it), it should say that you can't buy this dungeon because you don't have the minimum level requirement to buy it.

But there's also a danger in essentially forcing people to buy all map packs too, as some will be put off by that. And I honestly think those people far outnumber those who are willing to jump into The Lost Expedition as a level 5 player since that's more like playing that "5 Minutes to Kill (Yourself)" game. Certainly if the developers are noticing that a large portion of players are jumping straight onto a much higher level and feel they are losing a big portion of income because of this they may want to put in some rules.. But then it should absolutely be something that won't let you purchase a map pack rather than letting you pay for it and then not play it. If that happened to me, if I paid for content of a game but was then told I have to keep playing for 30 days to be able to use my purchased content, I'd be pissed off to no end.

Shebee
04-20-2010, 11:39 AM
Maybe a solution would be to restrict dungeons by levels.
And allow low levels to be invited to higher level dungeons by higher level players?
This would get rid of it completely, while giving the chance to help low level friends.
What do you think?

King Richie
04-20-2010, 11:58 AM
kick feature cancels out the need for this !!

Laska
04-20-2010, 02:04 PM
Lol why do ppl care so much about leechers getting epics and legendary weps most arnt all that great to begin with lols jus sayin :]..but yah I don't really lik lvl limits on maps since I like to lvl my frnds up who can't buy all the maps.

Banned
04-20-2010, 02:21 PM
Lol why do ppl care so much about leechers getting epics and legendary weps most arnt all that great to begin with lols jus sayin :]..but yah I don't really lik lvl limits on maps since I like to lvl my frnds up who can't buy all the maps.

Because people always seem to want to complain about something. If it isn't about a class being to overpowered, it's about one being to underpowered. If it isn't about having no trade, it's about having unsecure trade. If it isn't about high pricing, it's about increasing pricing so the server won't shut down. If it isn't about not getting a class fixed, it's about having high respec price. Might as well consider complaining a hobby. Not that I don't do it either.

123seeyah
04-20-2010, 06:02 PM
To each his own.

"I like to lvl my frnds up who can't buy all the maps. "

your friends can buy an iphone/itouch/ipad but can't buy a $1.99 map? just wondrin'

well anyways, the main thought here is it's unfair for people to skip the mid-maps and just buy the LE expansion when some did purchased the previous packs.

Banned
04-20-2010, 06:13 PM
To each his own.

"I like to lvl my frnds up who can't buy all the maps. "

your friends can buy an iphone/itouch/ipad but can't buy a $1.99 map? just wondrin'

well anyways, the main thought here is it's unfair for people to skip the mid-maps and just buy the LE expansion when some did purchased the previous packs.

Who says they bought the iPod.

Flamin
04-20-2010, 06:45 PM

I absolutely and fully agree.

Laska
04-20-2010, 08:23 PM
They didn't buy ther itouches lol o-o ad u didn't say they didn't buy any of the maps jus th latest one. Mines well leech while u can lols