PDA

View Full Version : Founders Ever Again?

Like-A-Boss
08-05-2012, 08:16 PM
Hey guys,
I was wondering whether there will ever be a chance to get the Founders Helm because I definitely missed
making an account the first week of Pocket Legends.
Has there even been another chance to get Founders Helm? Except for the android incident.

LwMark
08-05-2012, 08:30 PM
It wouodnt be called a founders then

Cahaun
08-05-2012, 08:30 PM
When did you make an account?

Buster
08-05-2012, 08:38 PM
Hey guys,
I was wondering whether there will ever be a chance to get the Founders Helm because I definitely missed
making an account the first week of Pocket Legends.
Has there even been another chance to get Founders Helm? Except for the android incident.
Its called founders for a reason! They founded pl and got the helm for buying a place or plat so my awnser to this is a big fat NO

KingFu
08-05-2012, 08:41 PM
People buy/beg the devs for em anyways, giving em to non-founders would just be the cherry on top.

Artemis
08-05-2012, 09:04 PM
Why would they give a FOUNDERS helmet to people who didn't find it?

xcainnblecterx
08-05-2012, 09:04 PM
I have agree with everyone so far if they gave it out again it wouldn't be called founders. When I hear them name founders the first thing to mind is people that first step foot in pl. Congrats to all who have founders helm/vanity and still play, two years playing you deserve praise for putting up with all the chaos lol

razerfingers
08-05-2012, 09:08 PM
I didnt get one, i dont want one i was 4 months short i believe well made acc in october of 2010

Sent using spray paint from a "can"

Prestige
08-05-2012, 09:50 PM
Wish I could give mine away since I don't play Pl anymore :/

CrimsonTider
08-05-2012, 10:32 PM
Multiple threads = multiple "no's"

undertheradar
08-05-2012, 10:39 PM
My founders helm is the only unique item I have. If they give it out again I'm quitting

Memene
08-05-2012, 10:42 PM
Can someone post a pic on how the founders looks like plz

undertheradar
08-05-2012, 10:49 PM
Bear, bird and Mage (:

xcainnblecterx
08-05-2012, 10:53 PM
Well hats off to you razer;-) 2yrs still going. The founder helm are those brown looking ones I believe some have a ruby lookin thing by the for head(crafted maybe) if I see someone with one I'll take a screen shot. Oh by if your in pvp and you see that person wearing founders do not I repeat do not fight Em lol I've lost every single time I fought against a founder. There founders for a reason

LwMark
08-05-2012, 11:04 PM
Well hats off to you razer;-) 2yrs still going. The founder helm are those brown looking ones I believe some have a ruby lookin thing by the for head(crafted maybe) if I see someone with one I'll take a screen shot. Oh by if your in pvp and you see that person wearing founders do not I repeat do not fight Em lol I've lost every single time I fought against a founder. There founders for a reason

Founders are the blue helms your thinking the crown of persistence?

I have a solution everyone who wants a founders helm because they missed it by a day or a week or a year, just givem a "flounder helm" itll go good with humania, an y wouldnt u want a fish on yur head, throw some stats an were good to go

plmafiaboss
08-05-2012, 11:07 PM
Well hats off to you razer;-) 2yrs still going. The founder helm are those brown looking ones I believe some have a ruby lookin thing by the for head(crafted maybe) if I see someone with one I'll take a screen shot. Oh by if your in pvp and you see that person wearing founders do not I repeat do not fight Em lol I've lost every single time I fought against a founder. There founders for a reasonyu need,help in pvp

undertheradar
08-05-2012, 11:16 PM
I posted pictures.

Yich
08-05-2012, 11:20 PM
Unless you play at level 12-, the time you waste begging for a Founder's helm can be better spent improving your skill in the game. The odds of you getting that extra 5 damage and armor from begging for it are so slim that it's pointless to ask. You're better off farming for discontinued items.

xcainnblecterx
08-05-2012, 11:45 PM
@mafia that build you gave me for my 22 bear helped greatly. Only problem is mages and lvl26 can't beat em:-\

Yich
08-05-2012, 11:47 PM
@mafia that build you gave me for my 22 bear helped greatly. Only problem is mages and lvl26 can't beat em:-\

Ummm... why did you post that here? Just message him, that had nothing to do with this thread.. 0.o

call it
08-05-2012, 11:50 PM

QFT.

xcainnblecterx
08-05-2012, 11:56 PM
Oh founders are blue? Don't think I've seen one then. Yea I was talking bout the c.o.p helm then.... Oops

Rauekat
08-06-2012, 09:17 AM
Im a founder.......of Humania. :)

Jugernugetx
08-06-2012, 09:22 AM
i want founders helm :/ i was a couple months off...

They should have founders armor. if they do, better not make it 3 years to get.

Dynastu
08-06-2012, 09:45 AM
I missed the founder's helm by about 15 days. And I'm here to say no to this. If they did some vanity for members who joined in any month of 2010, I'd like them to make it non-stat. But I'm afraid it'll be something like everyone gets one if they joined before May 2012 lol. (and a vanity armor that matches the founder's helm and shield of gratitude would be cool) ;).

Jsaieagle
08-06-2012, 10:55 AM
Look back to the old days, we, the founders had to pay in order to play PL after L13.

We had experienced the dark period, GCD!!! Which drew a majority of pvpers quitting....

For those who are still playing PL, supporting STS for over two years, I think we deserved to have the Founder helmet with special stat bonus

RioMage
08-06-2012, 11:40 AM
Who cares about founders helm?? Lol

Like-A-Boss
08-06-2012, 11:42 AM
How about this, I think I got the wrong message out.
Will there be another vanity helm released that gives more stats then just +1 armor and equipable by level one?
Or is there one right now? (other then founders)

Zeus
08-06-2012, 12:07 PM
Look back to the old days, we, the founders had to pay in order to play PL after L13.

We had experienced the dark period, GCD!!! Which drew a majority of pvpers quitting....

For those who are still playing PL, supporting STS for over two years, I think we deserved to have the Founder helmet with special stat bonus

I'm one who advocates against bringing back the founder's helm, but PLEASE, don't make it out to be more than what it is.

GCD was the dark period? Is that why there are more players now then there was before? So what if a few of the oldies quit because they could not adapt? They refused to give it the chance!

Yeah, we had to pay, but what we had to pay was probably equivalent to ONE thrasher punch. The newer players have probably spent 10x amount that founders did. They're the reason why the game is successful now, not because of some 20 platinum here and there.

This is coming from someone who just barely missed the founder's helm.

Yich
08-06-2012, 12:45 PM
If all of you would just go farm for discontinued items rather than whine about founder's, I wouldn't have to see this in the general discussion thread and may day would be that much better. I guess it's "WATEVS".

Darkfader
08-06-2012, 02:04 PM
Look definition of word founders from Google and see yourself it will never come back.
As I know it's all about stats not the helm itself, vanity helm with stats is possible somewhere in future.

Seminole
08-06-2012, 04:52 PM
Its funny to see that the same people who whine about not having a founders helm, are the same people who whine about NOT giving newer players old vanities(cop,etc) A bunch of hypocritical people on these forums.

Vvikked
08-06-2012, 05:00 PM
Well founders helms are "founders" helms, but c'mon Apollo GCD was just terrible for pvp. Although, it may have reduced lag for some. :/

Zeus
08-06-2012, 05:03 PM
Well founders helms are "founders" helms, but c'mon Apollo GCD was just terrible for pvp. Although, it may have reduced lag for some. :/

How was it terrible? It gave the chance for debuffs to actually take effect. High level PvP was just a question of speed. I gotta admit, it was fun & I got rather good at it but it wasn't real PvP. It had very little strategy compared to PvP now.

NECROREAPER
08-06-2012, 05:03 PM
I didnt get one, i dont want one i was 4 months short i believe well made acc in october of 2010

Sent using spray paint from a "can"

I missed it by two weeks, lol. Oh well, I like my Pumpkin better anyway.

MightyMicah
08-06-2012, 05:16 PM
They would give it out to more players because life goes on and people quit. Why leave the founders helm on a bunch of inactives? As of now I don't think anyone else should receive a founders helm. There are plenty of active founders. However, in the future, I would be glad to see the founders given to slightly more recent players. For instance two months after what the current requirement is for founders helm.

I'm certain some may make the argument that once founders quit, so be it. The founders have been successfully rewarded. No need to reward anyone else. However, spacetime mentioned that they like rewarding veteran players. I wouldn't be surprised to see a new veteran reward, or, as I already stated, an extended couple months on the requirement for founders helm. I mean think about three years from now. To say you played in 2010 would be extreme founders already.

Edit- and now after reading all of the comments I realize I put my foot in my mouth lol. I still stand by what I said though :D

~MM

KingFu
08-06-2012, 10:16 PM
How was it terrible? It gave the chance for debuffs to actually take effect. High level PvP was just a question of speed. I gotta admit, it was fun & I got rather good at it but it wasn't real PvP. It had very little strategy compared to PvP now.

Matter of speed is better than a matter of lucky dodges.

Artemis
08-06-2012, 10:20 PM
This is coming from someone who just barely missed the founder's helm.

You didnt get one?! What the hell. Your old. like really old.

Zeus
08-06-2012, 10:22 PM
Matter of speed is better than a matter of lucky dodges.

Ping vs. Dodge? Hmm...

You didnt get one?! What the hell. Your old. like really old.

Missed by a few days, it's okay lol. Not really a big deal.

LwMark
08-06-2012, 10:24 PM

QFT.

No idea what that means

KingFu
08-07-2012, 12:33 AM
No idea what that means

Quoted for truth.

NECROREAPER
08-07-2012, 01:17 AM
Quoted for truth.

QFT

Artemis
08-07-2012, 01:01 PM
No idea what that means

Quoted for truth.

I thought it ment Queens for Tea. Like he was calling him a snob or something. iFail >.<

RioMage
08-07-2012, 11:15 PM
Buy a ring!!...lol I think this "founders" thingy is getting more attention then it deserves -_-

Like-A-Boss
08-08-2012, 12:15 AM
makes a big difference in low level pvp! especially if both players are really good!
the fact is that no other vanity helm at lv 1-50 comes close to the stats given by founders helm

Kraze
08-08-2012, 12:35 AM
I must admit I like to put my founder helm on my level 10 and just stand in town and watch the rage pms fly in from any number of the "pro" or "pvp" toons that spot me...bottom line it was a neat thing for it to be turned in to a vanity rather than a worthless helm but far too much is made about how it unbalances pvp. Low level pvp is more unbalanced by vastly op winter items than the handful of founder helms that feel like feeding the trolls

xcainnblecterx
08-08-2012, 08:36 AM
This thread still goin? Bottom line founders helm never to be givin again. Why?, if you wasn't one the first step in pl you don't deserve it. As I said I didn't get it, but I know I don't deserve it. I didn't put 2years in pl

Like-A-Boss
08-08-2012, 12:39 PM
I must admit I like to put my founder helm on my level 10 and just stand in town and watch the rage pms fly in from any number of the "pro" or "pvp" toons that spot me...bottom line it was a neat thing for it to be turned in to a vanity rather than a worthless helm but far too much is made about how it unbalances pvp. Low level pvp is more unbalanced by vastly op winter items than the handful of founder helms that feel like feeding the trolls

Not really OP, cuz everyone can buy some. Like spend 450k and u can kill 95% of the players your level. 5% are the founder people + lucky crits people

KingFu
08-08-2012, 12:48 PM
No idea what that means

Not really OP, cuz everyone can buy some. Like spend 450k and u can kill 95% of the players your level. 5% are the founder people + lucky crits people

Doesn't matter if anyone can or can't buy it (and not everyone can since some are very expensive, Lv 15 pink SBL for example). Overpowered is overpowered. An overpowered item is something that creates an imbalance and gives one player a very large advantage over another because of their gear. If it's far superior over all the other items that are at the same level, it's overpowered.

Rockxout
08-08-2012, 03:02 PM
Hello. As I've said many times before this is my first lvl cap I played. After reading the forums about past vanity items and the stats I've decided to never partake in any pvp. Something that gives a player an unfair advantage from the start just because they've played longer than me isn't really to inviting. Not just talking about founders mean the past elite "vanity" items. I just hope all the gripe over the pvp issues don't ruin the game I enjoy as it has many mmos I've played before this.

Now I'm not one to cry about it wasn't fair that I didn't get any of these items. But I will maybe throw an idea out there to make both sides maybe come to a middle ground so to speak. I propose maybe make vanities unequipable in pvp or just maybe not have any stats when u enter a pvp map. So that way nothing can be said about one person going in the fight overpowered from the start.

Now before a lot of people chime in and say its only a few stat difference. Remember people are using millions to craft a set that barley better than the uncrafted just for a few stats. so those few little stats it boosts are important to some people in a big way.
Just my 2 cents. Like I said though I strictly pve and will probably never pvp in pocket legends. I have other apps far more balanced for pvp.

Register
08-09-2012, 12:35 PM
Ugh...Apollo, why does it seem you are one of the only SANE people?

PEOPLE, it's 5 damage and 5 armor. It's no huge advantage. It's no deciding factor of a fight. It's doesn't exactly make you overpowered. When vanity pets give 50 crit, that's a problem, this really isn't. Not to mention its a game! You lose a few times to someone...it's fine. It's not terrible unless you make it out to be.

Keep in mind I didn't get the founders helm. I was waaaay off lol. I started around the Easter event in 2011, I believe. I was so confused when the huge cakes disappeared from the townes...

Like-A-Boss
08-09-2012, 12:47 PM
Ugh...Apollo, why does it seem you are one of the only SANE people?

PEOPLE, it's 5 damage and 5 armor. It's no huge advantage. It's no deciding factor of a fight. It's doesn't exactly make you overpowered. When vanity pets give 50 crit, that's a problem, this really isn't. Not to mention its a game! You lose a few times to someone...it's fine. It's not terrible unless you make it out to be.

Keep in mind I didn't get the founders helm. I was waaaay off lol. I started around the Easter event in 2011, I believe. I was so confused when the huge cakes disappeared from the townes...
Im pretty sure its 5 dodge and 5 damage... what you said is distorting the truth since ur stats are way off
the thing is at lv 10-30 pvp, no other vanities come close to the stats given to founders...
if they made a vanity helm at lv 1 thats like 1 crit, 2 armor, 2 dodge, that would make founder people alot easier
but right now the at lv 1, vanity helms other then founders give +1 armor... at best
at lv 10-30 pvp, founders make kinda alot of difference...
you can't kill/crit what you can't hit

BTW, kwismas stuff is pretty costly, but the thing is its tradable...
so its still possible to get

Kraze
08-10-2012, 03:31 PM
So your issue isnt that the founder unbalances its the you dont have one? Also Before one rages one should have the facts 5 armor 5 damage /end thread?