PDA

View Full Version : Item Lending Suggestion: The New Way To Lend Your Items Out Scam Free

gundamsone
08-06-2012, 02:00 AM
--------------------------------------Item Lending--------------------------------------
I believe STS should implement an item lending system.

This will reduce scamming by tenfold and allow the less fortunate players to have a chance to use some of the most sough out gear/items.

This system has been already implemented in other MMORPGs, and their community have responded very positively to the changes made.

--------------------------------------Example--------------------------------------

Player A is lending out a LVL 15 PINK Snowball Launcher. Player A is able to lend out the item for 1-24 hours in increments of 1h.

Player B, C, D comes along and wants to borrow the item.

Player B asks Player A to lend out the SBL for free for "5" hours.

Player C offers 50k gold for a "10" hour lend.

Player D offers 75k gold for a "24" hour lend.

Player A decides to lend the item out to Player D for 24 hours and 75k gold.

Player D is able to play with the item for those hours and have the best time in his life. (yes pink sbl's are beyond awesome)

The end result is: Player A was able to securely lend out his item to Player D and earn an additional 75k for the lend.

Finally Player A receives the item back after 24 hours have passed.

--------------------------------------FAQ's--------------------------------------
Q: Why should STS implement this?
A: Alot of players want to but can't get their hands on a few items in this game. This system will allow them to and will give lenders insurance...and some extra gold ^^
I personally believe this is the BEST solution to the increase in the amount of item scamming occurring in this game...unless STS will crack down on these scammers and ban hammer them.

Q: How do I lend my item out?
A: Item lending is quick, easy and simple. You would initiate a trade with another player and have the option to "lend" the item when you select it. You would then type in the number of hours you wish to lend it out for. This will be made VERY clear to the other player in the case that they mistaken an item trade for an item lending trade. Furthermore, the player borrowing the item will have the option to put up gold/items (like a regular trade) to give to the lender.

Q: What if they sell my item?
A: Borrowed items cannot be liquidated or sold through CS.

Q: Will my item that I lent out be returned to me?
A: The system will auto return the item back to the original owner after those "x" hours run up.

Q: Can I lend out more than one item at a time?
A: I'm not sure if STS can implement it but chances are if this system gets introduced in the game, you will only be able to lend out 1 item at a time.

Q: Does this include vanities?and plat related goods?
A: Of course it does! Also includes non tradeable vanities like Founders Helmet or plat purchased vanities (but STS might not be too keen on players lending out Plat Vanities)

--------------------------------------Player Suggestions--------------------------------------

A Item Lending Shop where players can borrow/lend items - SuperGotenks

More "lending spots" for platinum - Bilaxman

Entertaining
08-06-2012, 02:30 AM
Great idea, STS should really look into this.

gundamsone
08-06-2012, 02:39 AM
Great idea, STS should really look into this.

I'd pay good money to borrow a founders helmet for a day.

It'll be the best day of my life if you know what I mean >.<

Entertaining
08-06-2012, 03:33 AM
I doubt they would let that be lendable. some glitch would happen so you can trade it lol

Mysticalnova
08-06-2012, 06:09 AM
I agree ! Still cant forget when I lost my Red Dragon Set from this :(

SuperGotenks
08-06-2012, 06:33 AM
omg! best suggestion ever! they should totally do this. but the person using the item should not be able to liquidate the item(s).
or, there should be a cs-like place where it looks exactly like a cs, but the lender has to put in the amount of x hours of lending time. there should also be rules like a current time limit before your lend expires. example: i list a loan of glyph x-bow of obedience for 50k, lets say no one purchases the loan for about 3 days. the item has now expired.

Bilaxman
08-06-2012, 06:39 AM
Q: Can I lend out more than one item at a time?
A: I'm not sure if STS can implement it but chances are if this system gets introduced in the game, you will only be able to lend out 1 item at a time.

Perhaps they could sell more "lending spots" for platinum? Just an idea :)

Tropic
08-06-2012, 07:15 AM
Awesome idea Gun!! I would like this. :)

Skeletonlord
08-06-2012, 07:36 AM
love the idea, been suggested many times. It would be cool if this was to happen, but it can not stop scamming altogether. Even with the system automatically taking the items and giving it to the original person I do not think that the system will be able to keep up with all the lending.

Possibly also having a time limit would be better. Like the original lender can choose from an hour up to a day for example. Of course the person with the item could give it back earlier than the alloted time.

As for gold and vanity lending, I do not think they would work. People can easily buy things with the gold no questions asked. Vanities like the founders helm are specific to a character, so they will not be added to the lending process.

Finally, something like this would need a new client. That requires Apple's approval. This could not be done in a patch.

小孩子
08-06-2012, 08:02 AM
Seems a lot like the lending system from Runescape :)
also keep in mind that if this were to come into PL, the scammers that will try and abuse the function and that the prices of items will most likely drop for almost everything.
AND people spamming in towns *Lending XXX for 100k/hr etc...

gundamsone
08-06-2012, 08:04 AM
love the idea, been suggested many times. It would be cool if this was to happen, but it can not stop scamming altogether. Even with the system automatically taking the items and giving it to the original person I do not think that the system will be able to keep up with all the lending.

Possibly also having a time limit would be better. Like the original lender can choose from an hour up to a day for example. Of course the person with the item could give it back earlier than the alloted time.

As for gold and vanity lending, I do not think they would work. People can easily buy things with the gold no questions asked. Vanities like the founders helm are specific to a character, so they will not be added to the lending process.

Finally, something like this would need a new client. That requires Apple's approval. This could not be done in a patch.

I'm not a techie but this was doable on a web based Java game. As I recall there was no problems.

The game had about 100k active players at any given moment so this seems implementable for a downloadable game.

I have already suggested MAX 1 item, 24h lend and I did not suggest GOLD lending.

gundamsone
08-06-2012, 08:05 AM
also keep in mind that if this were to come into PL, the scammers that will try and abuse the function and that the prices of items will most likely drop for almost everything.

"lending blue phat 500k/h or 3m 24h"

That was me in rs ^^

Skeletonlord
08-06-2012, 08:28 AM
I used gold lending as an example. Lending gold would be a bit of a silly mistake if it was to happen.

Nick41324
08-06-2012, 08:35 AM
Aren't items way too over priced as it is?... what happened to the days when the most expensive thing you could buy was 2m?..

Btw, this idea has been suggested 100's of times (once by me).

Unxtoxic
08-06-2012, 05:32 PM
This is aa great idea! This would relieve all the worries of letting people borrow you items.

Schnitzel
08-10-2012, 12:22 PM
Just gonna say...NEVER LENDING OUT MY FOUNDERS HELM!
Im just gonna say founder helms should not be lent because theres really no such thing as a "borrowed" founder. Really doubt STS would allow that for founders helms

Sim Jing
08-13-2012, 07:49 PM
And NO Elite Vanity Sets should be lended! Many of us worked so hard to the level cap for the elite vanities!

Livemau
08-14-2012, 09:22 PM
people will find a way to glitch it

Rauekat
08-14-2012, 09:39 PM
Why not go get up from that coach merch a little, and buy yourself!! jk nice idea though!

Now hunzz can lend out all his extremely rare items and double his money lol

Growwle
08-14-2012, 10:03 PM
I am sorry, but I can just picture a "less fortunate gamer" as a kid dressed in a worn out elf costume begging for some plat to buy a new vanity, lol.

Seriously though, interesting idea.