PDA

View Full Version : Weighted STR, DEX, and INT

Pixxie
04-20-2010, 08:01 AM
-

A lot of people complain that the classes are too "open..." that the only thing which differentiates the classes are the skills, because the baseline stats don't really matter.

Here's an idea:

Why not redistribute the weight of the stats?

Strength counts more for Warriors
Dexterity counts more for Archers
Intelligence counts more for Enchantress

How to weigh them? Well that's up to the devs.. ie, STR gives twice the benefit to WARs, etc.

What I'm implying is an incentive for each class to want to focus on their respective stat point, and then distribute a few to other stat pts where necessary. Yes this is overly simplistic, but some of the larger "change everything" posts will take a while to implement :P

I don't LOVE this idea personally because I'm a fan of cross-class action, but it's an idea.

Shebee
04-20-2010, 08:24 AM
I agree that some attributes should be more interesting to specific classes but the theyd need too much work to make the go properly for each class.
They will eventually have to introduce more attributes or get rid of some stats like hit and dodge etc.
Theres just no way 3 attributes can work with all those stats they increase, while providing interesting combinations and possibilities to each class..
Atm I see warriors and chanters running around with bows daggers and who knows what.
And like your Str enchantress build, really cmon doesnt that already prove enough.
I also see a major flaw in the way potions work now, their there to spam, might as well add a autospam button that just spams potions all the time. (Add a eta timer when they run out too)
Just kidding but seriously though, in my opinion, before they do anything else, fix skills mana problems potion problems attribute problems and all others i didnt mention.

Pixxie
04-20-2010, 08:51 AM
Just kidding but seriously though, in my opinion, before they do anything else, fix skills mana problems potion problems attribute problems and all others i didnt mention.

Hehe.. I do agree with you. I love this idea -> before all else, fix everything ;)

Shebee
04-20-2010, 08:52 AM
Hehe.. I do agree with you. I love this idea -> before all else, fix everything ;)

I just realized you wasn't the person making the str enchantress build buy anyway.