PDA

View Full Version : Tiki Chic and Mage Questoins

Hardcoure
08-06-2012, 03:37 PM
On my level 70 mage I bought the craftable wand set and have it equipped now. When I put it on I kind of expected to get the Tiki Chic achievement but didn't. Did I equip wrong set for this achieve? It doesn't say my set needs to be crafted as it does for the other sets.

Tiki Chic: You wore a pink level 70 "Tiki" helm, armor and weapon from the Isle of Humania!

My other question is whether pure int or int/dex mages have more skill damage?

Edit: I've no clue how to detach that image.

onemadzhau
08-06-2012, 03:40 PM
I think its the staff set, I'm thinking hula staff set

JaytB
08-06-2012, 03:41 PM
My other question is whether pure int or int/dex mages have more skill damage?

I'm not sure about you first question, but for the one pasted above... Pure INT does most skill dmg.

Jcyee
08-06-2012, 04:06 PM
Yea i equipped crafted and uncrafted str set. No achievement. So i think its the non-craftable set that gives a bonus

Energizeric
08-06-2012, 06:23 PM
It needs to be a non-crafted "set", meaning one that gives blue stars. I equiped the Sun God's set with shanks and it worked for me.

Hardcoure
08-06-2012, 06:55 PM
It needs to be a non-crafted "set", meaning one that gives blue stars. I equiped the Sun God's set with shanks and it worked for me.

"non-crafted" meaning uncraftable set or craftable set? My set gives the blue stars but I didn't get an achievement.

Energizeric
08-06-2012, 07:01 PM
"non-crafted" meaning uncraftable set or craftable set? My set gives the blue stars but I didn't get an achievement.

It doesn't matter whether it is craftable or not, it matters whether it is a "set", meaning it must have the blue stars. I'm not 100% sure on this, but pretty certain. I believe since you are a mage you can either use Hula with the staff, or Islander with the wand & cuff.

Hardcoure
08-06-2012, 07:22 PM
It doesn't matter whether it is craftable or not, it matters whether it is a "set", meaning it must have the blue stars. I'm not 100% sure on this, but pretty certain. I believe since you are a mage you can either use Hula with the staff, or Islander with the wand & cuff.

I used the latter. Would much prefer wand/bracer to staff in Humania atm ha.

ThePvpTwink
08-06-2012, 07:25 PM
It needs to be a 2H uncrafted set.

"L70 tiki HELM,ARMOR,and WEAPON"

Energizeric
08-06-2012, 08:12 PM

Obviously not true since the post right before yours claimed they successfully used the Islander wand/cuff set.

I believe what is creating the confusion here is that a month has gone by since the "sets" have been stated, and still lots of confusion in game about what constitutes a "set". I still get PMs from random players asking which gear I have on, and they complain that theirs does not give the blue stars even though they appear to have a "set".

I'll post the combinations again:

Humanian with Dream Scimitar/Bongo (defensive bonus)
Humanity with Monster Scimitar (damage bonus)
Humanity with Spear (damage bonus)

Sun God's with Bow (defensive bonus)
Sun God's with Shanks (defensive bonus)
of Tiki with Bow (damage bonus)
of Tiki with Shanks (damage bonus)

Islander with Wand/Cuff (defensive bonus)
Hula with Staff (damage bonus)

These 9 gear combinations all make a "set" with a set bonus and blue stars, and any of these combinations should meet the requirements for the "Tiki Chic" achievement.

Faliziaga
08-07-2012, 01:19 AM
Hula dancer (uncraftable) set with staff

Hardcoure
08-07-2012, 04:20 PM
Obviously not true since the post right before yours claimed they successfully used the Islander wand/cuff set.

I believe what is creating the confusion here is that a month has gone by since the "sets" have been stated, and still lots of confusion in game about what constitutes a "set". I still get PMs from random players asking which gear I have on, and they complain that theirs does not give the blue stars even though they appear to have a "set".

I'll post the combinations again:

Humanian with Dream Scimitar/Bongo (defensive bonus)
Humanity with Monster Scimitar (damage bonus)
Humanity with Spear (damage bonus)

Sun God's with Bow (defensive bonus)
Sun God's with Shanks (defensive bonus)
of Tiki with Bow (damage bonus)
of Tiki with Shanks (damage bonus)

Islander with Wand/Cuff (defensive bonus)
Hula with Staff (damage bonus)

These 9 gear combinations all make a "set" with a set bonus and blue stars, and any of these combinations should meet the requirements for the "Tiki Chic" achievement.

Yet I still didn't get the achievement.

No it doesn't. I wore the Demonic HELM, WAND, ROBE, and BRACER and got the Enlightenment achievement even though it only says HELM, ARMOR, and WEAPON.

The armor is classified as robe and shield, or just robe. Depends on your weapon of choice.

Jcyee
08-07-2012, 08:37 PM
So im still unsure of what has to be done for the achievement...

U need and non-craftable 2-handed set (gives off blue stars) for the achievement?

So for int: hula dancer helm, armor, and staff...
For dex: beach bum helm, armor, and shanks/bow
For str: humanian helm, armor, and 2h scimtar/spear

Just want to be sure before i do anything

Energizeric
08-08-2012, 12:16 PM
Humanian helm, armor and 2h scimitar/spear does not make a set. You would need Humanity with a 2h scimitar or spear.

In any case, I am not able to test all the combinations here is it will only allow you to do the achievement once. I was just guessing it was as posted above. Perhaps a developer can shed some light on this?

For myself I used the Sun God's Bow Set.

Jcyee
08-09-2012, 11:27 AM
Ok ill see if i can get something done. Thx :)