PDA

View Full Version : Dear Techno Email.

Amilys
08-07-2012, 12:58 AM
You have mentioned that new exclusive and ultimate rings will come sooner or later. So, does rings overlap the bonuses of past elite lvl cap vanity items? Or else they will get both bonuses which makes the same situation like now. They would have both exclusive ring bonus and even elite vanity set bonus. U guys should consider that new people wont be able to compete with others in PvP because of some people's silly elite set cap bonus. They will quit this game as soon as they notice this unbelievable and unacceptable fact.
So, tell me. Does rings overlap the bonus of elite cap vanity set or will they just give extra bonus? Depending to ur answer, more than half of current players might quit, or new half might join this game.

NECROREAPER
08-07-2012, 01:13 AM
“The measure of intelligence is the ability to change.”
― Albert Einstein

dudetus
08-07-2012, 01:18 AM
So basically u r saying that half of the PL players will quit if future elite ring stacks with current elite vanity set? Only the bad endgame pvpers without elite cap vanities will quit. Stop that crying, I've seen plenty of good endgame pvpers without elite cap vanities. U r only convincing urself "if I had elite cap vanities, I would be SO much better". Face the fact, learn to pvp.

Amilys
08-07-2012, 01:18 AM
“The measure of intelligence is the ability to change.”
― Albert Einstein
Lol, Im too disappointed and concerned with the game im playing, therefore unable to respect dev so much.

Amilys
08-07-2012, 01:21 AM
So basically u r saying that half of the PL players will quit if future elite ring stacks with current elite vanity set? Only the bad endgame pvpers without elite cap vanities will quit. Stop that crying, I've seen plenty of good endgame pvpers without elite cap vanities. U r only convincing urself "if I had elite cap vanities, I would be SO much better". Face the fact, learn to pvp.

Well, I have no idea who u are and if u r in right position to tell anybody learn how to pvp. And, not only if the person who has elite vanity set is very very bad in pvp, otherwise it is almost impossible to win or beat them. Are u giving me an advice with trying harder and more than me? Lol.

Amilys
08-07-2012, 01:24 AM
And i see u r doubtful in half of current players quitting. Well, I agree that my statement was pretty over-powered. Still, I can see that many of my friends who had spent more than 10000 platinum currently, are complaining about the set they missed, and i anticipated they would not play active as they did in the past relying on the dev's decision.

Piosidon
08-07-2012, 01:35 AM
Knowing STS, I'd say they'd make previous elite vanities 500 plat or something like that

vampinoy
08-07-2012, 01:42 AM
You have mentioned that new exclusive and ultimate rings will come sooner or later. So, does rings overlap the bonuses of past elite lvl cap vanity items? Or else they will get both bonuses which makes the same situation like now. They would have both exclusive ring bonus and even elite vanity set bonus. U guys should consider that new people wont be able to compete with others in PvP because of some people's silly elite set cap bonus. They will quit this game as soon as they notice this unbelievable and unacceptable fact.
So, tell me. Does rings overlap the bonus of elite cap vanity set or will they just give extra bonus? Depending to ur answer, more than half of current players might quit, or new half might join this game.

I'm flattered you took my post/theory of overlapping stats on elites and rings and made a new thread out of it :P Hope you get your answers (no sarcasm, I also want answers too :P) Good luck comrade!

Lowlyspy
08-07-2012, 02:06 AM
Blah, just take the stats off the past elite vanities in the next update and start giving out elite rings with stats & elite vanities with no stats (to attempt making vanities purely for vanity purposes again). Then in future campaigns make it so people can craft their rings into stronger ones by doing some quests (whoa, throwback to the OG CoP) or get the weaker ring if they haven't gotten it before, along with the new elite vanity for that campaign. This way, people can still get the same rings over time and people will still have their vanity to show off their LEETness.

Yich
08-07-2012, 02:48 AM
Well if you cant beat em, join em. Oh, wait... you can't do that... Um... Fight or flight? Since fight isn't working out, I hope you're a bird... Seriously though, endgame is for those who have all the goodies. If you dont have all the goodies, find a level u can do good at without the goodies...

bglir
08-07-2012, 02:55 AM
There are other factors to be consider too, ping play part of how your timing of attack is, i easily loose to non vanity players too, which is there have far better ping than me (remember player of PL are from all over the globe so packet lost of ping will happen the further it travels), thanks to the vanity sets i could survive abit longer to fight, lets say full vanity sets are granted to every player who can afford to buy if it were on sale, still it will be unfair to those players who don't have the money to buy plats and also with players across the globe who's ping are far worst then those are have better ping near to host.
Why not everyone brainstorm and come out with an idea that will help dev make something that is acceptable to everyone, im sure out there with millions of brains one will have the eureka to give an idea..........example the dragon vanity, elite weapon.
Complaining and quiting game won't help or solve anything, come on give your best shot and use your power of imagination to make something that is only an imagination to a reality, won't hurt to try Post ur best idea lets us help dev to come out with something.

vampinoy
08-07-2012, 03:09 AM
There are other factors to be consider too, ping play part of how your timing of attack is, i easily loose to non vanity players too, which is there have far better ping than me (remember player of PL are from all over the globe so packet lost of ping will happen the further it travels), thanks to the vanity sets i could survive abit longer to fight, lets say full vanity sets are granted to every player who can afford to buy if it were on sale, still it will be unfair to those players who don't have the money to buy plats and also with players across the globe who's ping are far worst then those are have better ping near to host.
Why not everyone brainstorm and come out with an idea that will help dev make something that is acceptable to everyone, im sure out there with millions of brains one will have the eureka to give an idea..........example the dragon vanity, elite weapon.
Complaining and quiting game won't help or solve anything, come on give your best shot and use your power of imagination to make something that is only an imagination to a reality, won't hurt to try Post ur best idea lets us help dev to come out with something.

Like a true diplomat, I agree :P

Entertaining
08-07-2012, 03:34 AM
Well, if half of the people will quit if they keep the stat bonus, won't half of the people quit of the stat bonus goes away? Oo

Energizeric
08-07-2012, 03:49 AM
I think you should start another thread about this just to make sure we cover all angles of the subject. :)

小孩子
08-07-2012, 05:31 AM
STS shall release a 100,000 plat helm that adds +999 armor, +999 Dodge, +999 Crit and +999 damage.

Nihiliste
08-07-2012, 06:00 AM
Noty, I earned my stats.

dudetus
08-07-2012, 09:12 AM
Well, I have no idea who u are and if u r in right position to tell anybody learn how to pvp. And, not only if the person who has elite vanity set is very very bad in pvp, otherwise it is almost impossible to win or beat them. Are u giving me an advice with trying harder and more than me? Lol.

I am a member of Unity. Not saying I am one of the best endgame pvpers but I am sort of "above normal". I have two pieces of elite vanity set and I do get beaten occasionally by people without elite vanities and I can beat fellows with the full vanity set. I have battled some peeps without my vanities since they were complaining about it and I still win.

It's not about the vanities, it is about SKILL.

If u still struggle try to find a sort of 'mentor'. For an example, if u r a bad mage and u see a pro mage, ask that pro mage for advice. Not all are friendly but most endgame peeps do help a brotha out if u ask for it.

NotYoCookiez
08-07-2012, 09:31 AM
If its not about vanity then why does everyone use it in pvp?

Not complaining but their will always be two sides of this agruement, those that have it and those that don't.

Justg
08-07-2012, 09:41 AM

Techno is on vacation, and it will be awhile before we raise the cap again in PL. We'll be talking with the community about it beforehand.

Gonna lock this one up since it's a bit dramatic to infer that more than half the players will quit over something that you deem "unbelievable and unacceptable"

"*clickety-clack*