PDA

View Full Version : If you could create a "Legends" title, what would it be called and why?

Skeletonlord
08-07-2012, 05:05 AM
UPDATE : Thanks for all your entries! You still have enough time to enter if you would like! More updates on deadlines soon!

INTRODUCTION:

Creating a Legends title must be a hard job. You will need to hire developers, work on the coding, graphics and gameplay, as well as responding to player feedback. Spacetime Studios have done an awesome job with its company. They have worked on 3 titles and now 4 (Arcane Legends). But have you ever dreamed of having a "Legends" title? What features would your game have? What would it be called? What genre will it be? All these questions need to be answered in a games company. What does this mean for you YOU MAY ASK?

BRIEF:

If you could create a "Legends" title, what would it be called and why? Please provide a description for your game in 1000 characters or less (1000 letters), including what your game will be called (Has to have Legends at the end FTW!), its genre and features. What will your game be based around? Will you be insipred by any other Non-Spacetime games? Post your entries as a post on THIS thread. The deadline for entries will be September 3nd 2012. That gives you a good amount of time to enter. DO NOT rush your entry, you have a while to think about it. We are not looking for the quickest entries and not thought out, we are looking for creativity!

JUDGES:

Update: We have found a judge: Stompsartist

For this, I will be looking for about 2-3 judges. If you would like to judge, please can you private message me at this link : http://www.spacetimestudios.com/private.php?do=newpm

Please do not post below, as this is the entry thread. Requests to be a judge WILL not be accepted on this thread, so please do not. Your job as a judge will be to keep checking on the thread for new entries and noting down the user name of the entries you would like me to look at and messaging me in game or as a private message.

I will choose the top 3 entries and the winners will be announced September 5th!

PRIZES:

UPDATE : Very sorry, unless I get any donations, we will not be allowed to have any gold as a reward.

This is a for fun contest, and the reward will be a pat on the back (Not literally) and there names mentioned on this thread. The winners will be contacted by me personally on the forums and will each user will recieve a thumbs up. Please do not be discouraged because I am not giving out gold in game, so please enter! The reason for not having gold is that I am saving up for good items.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL AND WILL BE LOOKING FORWARD TO READING YOUR ENTRIES!. Remember deadline will be September 3rd! Entries after the closing date will not be allowed.

TEMPLATE:

My Legends title would be called (Insert name of your game here) and it will be a (genre) game. It will be about 3 classes (Insert class names here) who work together to fight crime. Each class has a special ability. The (class) can _______, the (class) can _______ and the (class) can ________.

You do not need to follow this guideline, just an template.

PICTURES AND ATTACHMENTS:

To go with your entry. I have decided to allow you up to two attachments to accompany the description. These can be images of the logo, the classes (if any) or anything relavant and following the TOS. http://www.spacetimestudios.com/misc.php?do=vsarules

MightyMicah
08-07-2012, 07:10 AM
Star Wars Legends. (I don't need 1,000 words ;) )

Illuminate
08-07-2012, 09:51 AM
Hero Legends. Similar to DC Universe Online, but much less complex. You can create a super hero to fight evil. Like DL, one class. But in HL there are 3 skill trees. Fire, earth, etc. You wouldn't be able to dual spec (too OP). The powers would make great PvP too.

StompArtist
08-07-2012, 09:55 AM
This is a great idea Skelly! Perhaps, if you speak with mods, STS can help raise the rewards?

Skeletonlord
08-07-2012, 10:10 AM
This is a great idea Skelly! Perhaps, if you speak with mods, STS can help raise the rewards?

Thanks for your feedback Stomp. I think this is an awesome idea if I may say myself :D

Zaonabiuibil
08-07-2012, 01:44 PM
Zombie Legends. Everyone starts out alive, and if they die in combat they become a zombie and try and kill other players and make them zombies. Your goal is to stay alive. Last person still alive wins, then everyone goes back to being alive, and it repeats, etc etc.

Urqui
08-07-2012, 02:09 PM
Outlaw Legends. Western themed game:3 We're cowboys hunting down fugitives and ruffians. Oh yeahh:cool:
BANG BANG!

Dynastu
08-07-2012, 02:34 PM
Waiting for Elyseon to chime in with Studly Legends. :D

Livemau
08-07-2012, 02:41 PM
Livemau Legends its in a temple and whoever compliments me the most wins the match

Phoenixking
08-07-2012, 03:25 PM
Godly legends
its two factions, heaven and hell. You choose angel or demon, then you fight in the war a game focused in pvp. You can do missions like in DL to get XP, kills give XP eternal FFA and there can be no boost

KingFu
08-07-2012, 03:25 PM
Troll Legends. If you make someone rage, you get loot.

CrimsonTider
08-07-2012, 03:40 PM
Wonka Legends.

You choose to either be Charlie, Mr. Wonka, or Grandpa Joe. Your travels take you through the Willy Wonka chocolate factory. Each room would be a new campaign and Oompa Loompas would be pets who have a knockback proc when they sing.

Your enemies would be the other four children (i.e. Verucca Salt), Mr. Slugworth, and evil candies gone bad. An example of a boss would be the Everlasting Gobstopper which would technically never die. ;)

Health pots would be Wonka Bars and mana would be chewing gum. Trading currency would be Golden Tickets.

Too easy. :D

vampinoy
08-08-2012, 02:38 AM
My Legends title would be called "Defend your Legend" and it will be a multiplayer online battle arena game similar to Defense of the Ancients (DOTA). It will feature all the heroes from existing Legend titles and pit them against each other to see who reigns supreme.

Skeletonlord
08-08-2012, 03:21 AM
Thank you for your entries so far guys! Keep them coming!

Kiwihawk
08-08-2012, 05:19 AM
Kiwi Legends Because New Zealand Is A Small Place And Needs To Be Seen And Heard
So We Have Lord Of The Rings And The Hobart No One Still Does Not Really Know Much About The Great Place I Call HOME!

Pwned!

Zaonabiuibil
08-08-2012, 06:37 AM
Outlaw Legends. Western themed game:3 We're cowboys hunting down fugitives and ruffians. Oh yeahh:cool:
BANG BANG!

Yes ^.^

dudetus
08-08-2012, 10:15 AM
Studly Legends is rumored to come out after Arcane Legends.

~A~
08-08-2012, 10:41 AM
Aqua Legends. Takes place underwater. If you venture too far out of the towne(no barriers) a giant megladon will come and eat you. The classes would be people, oysters, and squids. People would be good for strength, squids for dexterity, and oysters for intelligence. I hope you like my idea.
~A~

Zaonabiuibil
08-08-2012, 11:59 AM

I heard about this. Hehehe

~A~
08-08-2012, 05:57 PM

I heard about this. Heheheor did you???? O.O

Reddwing
08-08-2012, 06:30 PM
Cooking legends. The class would be a chef (like DL only 1 class)

You'd go around with weapons/cooking utilities (forks, spoons, knives, tongs, cheese graters etc) and defeat enemies (FOOD). Enemies include various evil veggies and other foods. Item drops include things you need to cook like flour, salt, spices, meats, veggies, fruits etc. Then when you get enough ingredients you go to your kitchen and cook stuff. :D you get experience for making various masterpieces and then level up. You can trade ingredients and make foods from Asian to western!

You hungry now??!

RedRyder
08-08-2012, 07:32 PM
I approve of this thread. Idk if this has been said or not, I haven't read through any of the posts, but something focusing on elements. Earth, wind, fire, lightning, water, air, etc. the classes would be the typical melee, healer and range but would be differentiated by an element. I'm thinking along the lines of naruto and avatar: the last air bender.

There'd be a country for each element, with villages for each of the three classes and a main city where they all congregate for missions etc. there would be pvp zones throughout the land (I'm looking at an open world mmorpg) where warring countries can battle it out. As the players level progresses, there would be missions in which different countries ally to defeat a greater evil.

The rival countries would be split down the middle. For example, the fire, lightning, earth amd wind nations would be on the northern hemisphere of the game world, and the rest on the southern side. Basically factions.

I would call it... elemental legends?

Edit: I thought it was a just for fun post, didn't realize it was a contest lol.

Worship
08-08-2012, 07:51 PM
Ancient Legends

3 classes: Cavemen/Cavewomen, Mini T-Rex, and a Velociraptor that walks on its feet instead of flying :)

There are clubs/spears/slingshots that are made of bones + stones.

The guilds are called Gatherings, and instead of 'Guild Halls', there are 'Gathering Caves'.

There are many different towns and landscapes. Regular villages, swamp villages, and villages in caves. The villages have quests, shops etc.

:) good luck to all

CrimsonTider
08-08-2012, 08:05 PM
I approve of this thread. Idk if this has been said or not, I haven't read through any of the posts, but something focusing on elements. Earth, wind, fire, lightning, water, air, etc. the classes would be the typical melee, healer and range but would be differentiated by an element. I'm thinking along the lines of naruto and avatar: the last air bender.

There'd be a country for each element, with villages for each of the three classes and a main city where they all congregate for missions etc. there would be pvp zones throughout the land (I'm looking at an open world mmorpg) where warring countries can battle it out. As the players level progresses, there would be missions in which different countries ally to defeat a greater evil.

The rival countries would be split down the middle. For example, the fire, lightning, earth amd wind nations would be on the northern hemisphere of the game world, and the rest on the southern side. Basically factions.

I would call it... elemental legends?

Edit: I thought it was a just for fun post, didn't realize it was a contest lol.

You HAVE to go back and read mine!! LOL

Zaonabiuibil
08-08-2012, 08:09 PM
Wonka Legends.

You choose to either be Charlie, Mr. Wonka, or Grandpa Joe. Your travels take you through the Willy Wonka chocolate factory. Each room would be a new campaign and Oompa Loompas would be pets who have a knockback proc when they sing.

Your enemies would be the other four children (i.e. Verucca Salt), Mr. Slugworth, and evil candies gone bad. An example of a boss would be the Everlasting Gobstopper which would technically never die. ;)

Health pots would be Wonka Bars and mana would be chewing gum. Trading currency would be Golden Tickets.

Too easy. :D

So when can we expect this game to come out? :D (Grrr outta thanks)

Matutd
08-08-2012, 09:13 PM
Dude it's already out :/ I'm a level 17 stud already

bramer
08-08-2012, 10:05 PM
Final Legends, it would be set in an apocalyptic future earth where 99% of humanity had died (reason: unkown). You would choose between the tracker, the survivor, or the hunter. Trackers are like birds, survivors are like elves, and hunters are like bears. You would travel through places like NYC except they'd be half destroyed. Your enemies would be mutated wolves and things (sometimes even mutated humans o.0). It would be an open world game so u could just wonder around, fight things, and meet people. You would also have a base where you lived and excepted quests (then you would go out into the big world; no teleporting :D).

Jobliss1234
08-09-2012, 01:24 AM
Gladiator Legends

Takes place in different arenas.
The 3 classes would be Spartan (faster hit), Barbarian (stronger but slower blows), and Savage (faster on the feet 'running/walking').

A hand combat game swords etc. Maybe some throwing lances or knifes instead of powers.

Would have armor or weapon upgrades as well. Maybe guild practices where two members could place one item up to practice fight over, winner takes all (1 item donation required for practice fight).

Possibilities Are endless with Gladiator Legends :)

P.S. Maxed out guildys need something to do too so... How about once maxed you have 2 choices (1 A free arena and guild that you cannot customize or (2 You get to customize your guild's arena with stuff like: some spikes on the wall to push people into, or a lion that jumps out the floor, or maybe a banner that hangs up and whenever blood splats onto it - it leaves the banner stained: showing that your arena is well used.
Also all maxed guild members are your arena champion that fight other guild arena champions for vanities to sell or pass along to their own guild members. Also only maxed players should get the vanities unless given or sold to a lesser rank by the arena champions :)

Skeletonlord
08-09-2012, 01:43 AM
Wow these are awesome entries! So much creativity! Will be hard to judge these. Remember, you still have until September 3rd to enter, so don't rush!

Piosidon
08-09-2012, 01:54 AM
Dragon Legends. You can fly.

Skeletonlord
08-10-2012, 10:05 AM
Awesome entries! Keep them coming!

dudetus
08-10-2012, 10:13 AM
My own entry is about Studly Legends, the next game coming after AL!

Hey everyone!

I haven't seen any guides made yet regarding Studly Legends, so I figured I'd make one for you guys! The reason I am posting this thread in the "Off-topic" section, is because STS developer, BBB hasn't implemented a Studly Legends sub forum as of yet. Don't worry though, he said it will be here in a couple weeks!
For those who don't know, Studly Legends is STS's fourth Legends game in the legends series. It primarily focuses on your character, "the stud" dealing with the trials and tribulations of being extremely good looking.
Players deal with people wishing to date them, paparazzi trying to get photos of your stud, and most importantly: deranged stalkers trying to beat the crap out of you.
Killing deranged stalkers garners you EXP (experience) thus allowing you to level up. By levelling up, you earn five attribute points to allocate to your desired stat: Swag, Looks, and charisma.

By levelling up you also gain one skill point to spend on levelling up a skill, which are discussed in great detail and clarity, here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...studly+legends

So let's get started!

1) The levelling system:

More complex than the previous Legends titles, instead of having a number that defines your level, instead you have a word. This is especially good for people who can't count, thus not being able to differentiate what numbers are considered "high level" and vice versa. Unfortunately, if you can't read, you're out of luck. But if you can, stick around, because I'm going to break down the levelling system, just for you guys!

I will add numbers beside the words to show how it parallels to PL's and SL's levels.

Average- Lvl 1
Meh- Lvl 2
Not bad- Lvl 3
Pretty damn good lookin'- Lvl 4
Sheesh man, are you Jessica alba?- Lvl 5
Wanna date?- Lvl 6
Dayum- Lvl 7
Hot dayum!- Lvl 8
WTF?!- Lvl 9
:O- Lvl 10
iudhsf euyheesurhedvjkxfea245hop;.- Lvl 11
Photoshopped- Lvl 12
Are you real?- Lvl 13
Beast- Lvl 14
Stud- Lvl 15

Currently, the level cap is 15. There was a mix up in the sites I've been reading regarding what THE actual cap was, but it is indeed 15. Once the level cap is raised, the "Stud" title will be removed from the current cap, and placed respectively to the new cap.

2) Townes

Currently there's four accessible (not to mention, FREE!) maps/townes you can access. Each getting progressively harder.

Studly Haven: The noob map, this is the main hub where players can go to to just hang around, chat, trade and most importantly: Look great!
The level range for this map is 1-4.

Dark studlest: Mobs here are slightly buffed armor-wise and do more damage.
The level range is 5-8.

Hailfurter mosswhole: Swamps themed, you will fight very ugly enemies!
The level range is 9-12.

Depths of stud: The boss map. This is where you meet the keeper of studlienes, and your chance at freeing all the studly souls that the keeper stole.
The level range is 13-15.

This is the keeper.

3) How to get gear:
Loot it.

I hope you all found my guide to be nothing short of amazing; it even has pictures! Can't beat that.

Stephencobear
08-11-2012, 03:25 PM
Let's take all disreputable so-and-so's out of every STS game and lock them away in their own world of stupid. I give you..
:( BANNED LEGENDS! :(
Once you have been banned, you begin life as a lowly lv 1 beggar, who must whine until everyone gets sick of you and mutes you.
At this level mutes grant xp, gain enough and you will unlock your first pitiful "skill"- LEACH!
If you can stand sucking enough you may lev up to troll, new map includes "the forums". Dodge ban hammers and create false accounts in order to be a jerk, until you ultimately get your device bricked. Get another job to pay for new device, try again.
Does that end this torture of the game? No, you end up where you began, with a debt that would make the U.S. treasury blush.
Now you must scam several gold caps before you can reach ZERO. Want to farm? Nope there is a team of bots just ahead of you taking everything no mater where you go, they were just there.
Just for extra torture lag is always massive, pinks reroll into ping, and all enemies can boot.
If you completely memorize the entire TOS then pay everyone back with real money, you just might be allowed to exit the game.
That's what ya get for messin with the Nation! >=P
Gf

tHelonestud
08-25-2012, 03:41 PM
Waiting for Elyseon to chime in with Studly Legends. :D
ill take that one
>>studly legends