PDA

View Full Version : Why stat driven skills are good for twinks

Staffed
08-28-2010, 02:42 PM
I think that this will be good for twinking. There definetly will be some testing that has to been done but after a while it will be better. The int bears probably will be over thrown by the str bears. I think it will just be fun to test the new update.

TwinkTastical
08-28-2010, 03:31 PM
i think itll be fun to test my twink "onepointfour". your all jealous of that name btw

Raxie
08-28-2010, 03:41 PM
int bears are so powerful for twinking. i hope the up-coming update balances the races.

Staffed
08-28-2010, 03:59 PM
Yeah that's what I'm thinking... But I hope it just doesn't switch around for str bear

TwinkTastical
08-28-2010, 04:01 PM
I deleted my int bear.. it will.. trust me

bmc85uk
08-28-2010, 06:42 PM
Err, not to throw a spanner in the works but nobody knows how much stat-driven skills will affect anything yet.

So why don't you wait and see how it changes for varying builds at different levels before making assumptions.

FluffNStuff
08-28-2010, 06:50 PM
Based on the what I know now, which of course can and will change when they tweak it, the plan is to up the active skills and leave passive skills alone. Essentially increasing the offense side (stomp, firestorm, blast) which will make defense a pain since those skills ( evades, iron bloods, debuffs) are currently not planned to improve. Seems like a this is going to take some of the strategy out at first as people will just be booming, especially as twinks who have to be very selective in their skill choice.

Staffed
08-28-2010, 07:55 PM
Well we shall see I just think it's good that we can get something new to try out.

bmc85uk
08-28-2010, 08:13 PM
Sorry, my previous post was actually a bit rude, it wasn't intended.

I agree it should be good for twinks, it's intended to fix the imbalance present between the classes, so it should be good for combat at any level.

Based on the what I know now, which of course can and will change when they tweak it, the plan is to up the active skills and leave passive skills alone. Essentially increasing the offense side (stomp, firestorm, blast) which will make defense a pain since those skills ( evades, iron bloods, debuffs) are currently not planned to improve. Seems like a this is going to take some of the strategy out at first as people will just be booming, especially as twinks who have to be very selective in their skill choice.

Is it a definite they're leaving the passive skills untouched (by passive I assume you mean buffs)? I would hope it modified skills as required, restricting it to attacks just gives less aspects to throw in to the balance.