PDA

View Full Version : Traps

Tackled
09-25-2022, 05:37 PM
Okay is it just me or is anyone else tired of dying to a trap they aren’t even next to anymore bc they have on a speed set ? And then you get dragged back to the same trap just to die again…

Cyvermont
09-27-2022, 12:05 PM
It happend to me too several death by firetraps bugs, revive to die again n again lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stephencobear
09-27-2022, 02:08 PM
Not only do we have to re spawn on the trap it re sets immediately for no reason

asommers
09-27-2022, 02:16 PM
I see a few options for you:
1. Go slower
2. Listen for the trap sounds and wait for them to be off before Revive
3. Use Revenge (which will give you temporary invulnerability)
4. Use Respawn (which places you at the start where there are no hazards)

-ALS

spwd
09-27-2022, 02:20 PM
-add some immunity from damage and control like 2 sec when 1 ankh used
-change screen of death too see what happens on map

Also camera angle getting reseted to default after death :/ hope this get fixed

will0
09-27-2022, 04:36 PM
Agree ankh should give some immunity

Bigpiceps123
09-27-2022, 04:40 PM
Agree ankh should give some immunity5 ankhs do

Gesendet von meinem 2107113SG mit Tapatalk

will0
09-27-2022, 04:57 PM
5 ankhs do

Gesendet von meinem 2107113SG mit Tapatalk

You suggesting die 5x in same traps to get some immunity from ankh?...

asommers
09-27-2022, 05:45 PM
You suggesting die 5x in same traps to get some immunity from ankh?...

Revenge costs 5 ankhs. It's the option immediately to the right of the Revive button that costs 1 ankh.

-ALS

Stephencobear
09-27-2022, 08:40 PM
1. Go slower
-ALS

Having seen several threads/post’s complaining about these traps, let’s not re-use them in future events

Speed sets are the norm & if they aren’t compatible w the traps, let’s drop the traps as we all can’t be expected to not use speed sets, speed awakes, & or speed elixirs

Telling players to go slow is a non starter tbh, let’s have better mechanics instead

asommers
09-27-2022, 09:28 PM
Ran some tests w/ faster-than-possible speed (meaning faster than your speed sets allow). The traps are on for 3s and off for 4s (including a 2s warning indicator). Only time I was killed by a flame or spike trap was disregarding the warning.

Now latency will play a small role here where the trap is off on your client but on on the server, but we're talking milliseconds here (a little less than ping time).

Instead of "go slower", I'll rephrase as "be careful around traps".

-ALS

Stephencobear
09-27-2022, 09:41 PM
Ran some tests w/ faster-than-possible speed (meaning faster than your speed sets allow). The traps are on for 3s and off for 4s (including a 2s warning indicator). Only time I was killed by a flame or spike trap was disregarding the warning.

Now latency will play a small role here where the trap is off on your client but on on the server, but we're talking milliseconds here (a little less than ping time).

Instead of "go slower", I'll rephrase as "be careful around traps".

-ALS

Fair enough, I’ll believe you, but the amount of times I died & had no idea what happened is noticeable

I’d be glad if you just recognized players don’t like these particular trap mechanics, & don’t make them normal going forward
I say this as someone who enjoys the tricky aspects of elite zodias maps
(Bombbots, red mermen shields, mini boss tricks, ect)

Anyway thx for discussing, & best wishes

Susanne
09-28-2022, 03:33 AM
I did say in another thread that this event is not to be rushed through. It states clearly that it's full of traps so what do you expect?
That's the problem with players these days, same in Zodias, it's all about speed. Even in maus some speed freak turns up and streaks through with no thought about anyone else left behind to deal with mobs.
Yes I do use a speed set because we seem to need them now but it's not as fast as some I've seen.
Take a good look at this event and appreciate just how much work went into it.
Oh what's the use...this is why I'm getting disinterested in playing in a team now.

Nexior
09-28-2022, 05:41 AM
Simple fix for next year make all people speed same.
Super low

Wysłane z mojego ASUS_I005DA przy użyciu Tapatalka

Tackled
09-28-2022, 08:18 AM
Update I’ve been killed 500+ times by traps having fun [emoji88]. Most I’ve ever died since 2012 used about 80 elix and not a single good drop. Talk about a headache but overall event is great

Aayushh007
09-28-2022, 08:29 AM
1. Go slower

-ALS4th point is very helpful, Thankyou :)

Stephencobear
09-28-2022, 09:02 AM
So the solutions are

Go slow/be careful
Wait after you die to hear if the trap will kill you immediately again
Respawn and have to run through all traps again

These are excellent ways to get yelled at by ppl on elixirs who don’t want you wasting their $
Also everyone knows how fun waiting in a game is!
Lol

asommers
09-28-2022, 09:28 AM
So the solutions are

Go slow/be careful
Wait after you die to hear if the trap will kill you immediately again
Respawn and have to run through all traps again

These are excellent ways to get yelled at by ppl on elixirs who don’t want you wasting their $
Also everyone knows how fun waiting in a game is!
Lol

That's somewhat disingenuous since you've misconstrued what I said by omitting option 3.

-ALS

Stephencobear
09-28-2022, 10:47 AM
That's somewhat disingenuous since you've misconstrued what I said by omitting option 3.

-ALS

It was just to illustrate the ways that traps are not a fun mechanic imo,
& that ppl on elixirs don’t want anyone to slow them & cost them $

Also it’s not easy to see the tell through multiple layers of obscuring auras & effects

#3 is a solution to “when you die” I’m looking for better “how to not die” if you get my drift

Susanne
09-28-2022, 12:05 PM
The auras and wisps should not be allowed in the event map.

Tackled
09-28-2022, 02:31 PM
I did say in another thread that this event is not to be rushed through. It states clearly that it's full of traps so what do you expect?
That's the problem with players these days, same in Zodias, it's all about speed. Even in maus some speed freak turns up and streaks through with no thought about anyone else left behind to deal with mobs.
Yes I do use a speed set because we seem to need them now but it's not as fast as some I've seen.
Take a good look at this event and appreciate just how much work went into it.
Oh what's the use...this is why I'm getting disinterested in playing in a team now.

Yeah don’t rush through an lb event when speed is a important aspect? No disrespect but you’re making a lil sense but not much. Traps in a map? Cool no prob. traps that can one shot almost any time and any class? Wild. A tank with 40k health can die instantly by a trap. You think that’s normal ? And now you’re saying you have a problem with auras within the map ?these are just your opinions ultimately. But we all have opinions.

Susanne
09-28-2022, 03:28 PM
Yeah don’t rush through an lb event when speed is a important aspect? No disrespect but you’re making a lil sense but not much. Traps in a map? Cool no prob. traps that can one shot almost any time and any class? Wild. A tank with 40k health can die instantly by a trap. You think that’s normal ? And now you’re saying you have a problem with auras within the map ?these are just your opinions ultimately. But we all have opinions.

The auras make it difficult to see the traps. If you are running lb you will most likely be running in a party and have enough ankhs to use revenge.
I run random and have used revenge, it doesn't slow anyone down. I understand why people with elixirs would want to get through pretty quickly bearing in mind how expensive they are.
The developers explained very clearly in announcements just what to expect.
That's my opinion and thankyou for acknowledging that.
You have your opinion and I respect it.

Tackled
09-28-2022, 08:36 PM
The auras make it difficult to see the traps. If you are running lb you will most likely be running in a party and have enough ankhs to use revenge.
I run random and have used revenge, it doesn't slow anyone down. I understand why people with elixirs would want to get through pretty quickly bearing in mind how expensive they are.
The developers explained very clearly in announcements just what to expect.
That's my opinion and thankyou for acknowledging that.
You have your opinion and I respect it.

I guess I gotta look at it your way as well.. I’m sorry and best of luck. I respect your opinion as well

Nocturnus
09-28-2022, 10:09 PM

-ALS

The truth is that I don't mind dying, much less dying when I pull too big or make a bad calculation or a cursed.
On the contrary, it bothers me to die for things that are out of my control. You touch a trap and it instakills you, and you're not even standing on it, most of the time. You then have seconds to go through a trap, so that it is active again.
Obvious that if you are 1 hour in the same map you can pass it without a death, successfully.
The map has too much savage damage, and I'm an average player, I don't want to imagine a less equipped player, they probably already left the event.
Anyway I got used to dying, I think that was your goal.

Thanks.