PDA

View Full Version : What end game tournaments do YOU want? (66-71)

XghostzX
08-07-2012, 09:19 PM
Hey Folks!

Since the new Humanian Sets are coming out (and players are beginning to attain the sets), I was just curious on what types of tournaments you want to happen!

Some types of Tournaments:

-Capture the Flag
-1v1 Tournaments
-Free For All Matches

Some other things to considerL

-Should there be a point system?
-Should there be a bracket? Single Elimination? Double Elimination? Round Robin!?
-How many players on a team?

Just want to grab all of your thoughts. My last tournaments was successful, however, the prizes weren't distributed as well as I hoped them to be. I plan on making... bigger prizes!

Share your thoughts!

CrimsonTider
08-07-2012, 09:33 PM
I wanna see an all class 1v1 endgame tourney using only AO3 gear. All can afford it. ;)

Whirlzap
08-08-2012, 04:21 AM
Birds will be OP, that Mega Blaster...
Mages will be decently OP, since Cosmos gives no dodge...
I feel bad for the bears.

I would actually like to see an endgame tourney with Sewers gear.

SuperGotenks
08-08-2012, 05:08 AM
Custom ftw! Go red berets and hawk faces!

CrimsonTider
08-08-2012, 07:02 AM

TBH Whirlz, someone would say this about any level. And I beg to differ on bears, Rift sets hold up quite nicely in pvp.

Otukura
08-08-2012, 07:05 AM

Have you ever played a dexmage?

XghostzX
08-08-2012, 11:19 AM
I've tested plenty of times with lower leveled gear - if it's too low leveled, mana regen and health regen become a huge problem for bears and birds (since mages can heal). I feel like using the level 55 gear would be fun, or perhaps the cyber gear?

ThePvpTwink
08-08-2012, 11:35 AM
3v3 own class ctf tourney: 3v3 bear match to 5 flag captures...3v3 Mage match.....

this way it would be fair bear vs bear..Mage bs Mage..bird vs bird..The winning team can them advance in bracket until finals then class vs class.

Nihiliste
08-08-2012, 11:47 AM
3v3 own class ctf tourney: 3v3 bear match to 5 flag captures...3v3 Mage match.....

this way it would be fair bear vs bear..Mage bs Mage..bird vs bird..The winning team can them advance in bracket until finals then class vs class.

I like that.

Noodleleg
08-08-2012, 12:25 PM
Maybe angel set tournament? I don't know... As long it's gear everyone has or can afford... I don't want to lose to rich people :/!

ReddWolfAK
08-08-2012, 12:32 PM
5v5 Best 2/3. The teams play on game on Castle and one on Sandstone. If it goes to a third game there will be a 1v1 duel to decide who gets to pick the third match (Castle or Sandstone again).

For prizes, I'd like to see something unique. I still have my Reigning PVP Champion shield, from the 3v3 FFA tourney. I love it, but I can never wear it because of the vanities (CoP, SoH, and the chest piece.. Can't remember its name). Just give us something unique, I'm sure you guys can come up with something.

Rules? One sub, no leaving game and coming back immediately (30 second wait?). No entering enemy spawn room. No camping your own flag. Also, it should be that any vulgar or harrassing comments made to the other team in General Chat is an instant DQ.

ReddWolfAK
08-08-2012, 12:32 PM
Maybe angel set tournament? I don't know... As long it's gear everyone has or can afford... I don't want to lose to rich people :/!

No, Angel sets require absolutely no skill. They're all dodge.

Noodleleg
08-08-2012, 12:35 PM

Maybe Shadow Cave sets then? That's probably gonna be fun :P!

KingFu
08-08-2012, 12:56 PM

Not any different from all the other end game sets. No escaping dodge unless you avoid end game tournaments, since it'd really be a toss up depending on who gets the luckiest dodges...

XghostzX
08-08-2012, 01:29 PM
Not any different from all the other end game sets. No escaping dodge unless you avoid end game tournaments, since it'd really be a toss up depending on who gets the luckiest dodges...

I'm thinking of using cyber. Most likely, players will have it and it's not very hard to earn through the quests (since those were back in the alien oasis days).

Walkhardd
08-08-2012, 01:55 PM
Lets just all wrestle in our undies.

Nihiliste
08-08-2012, 01:57 PM
I only have dex cyber...

CrimsonTider
08-08-2012, 02:14 PM
If you're gonna argue the "mana" aspect of lower geared sets, cyber dex is horrible at mana regen.

dudetus
08-08-2012, 02:26 PM
I would love a Cyber tournie :3.

1v1 Cyber tournie with each seperate class? Birds vs birds and so fort? And the winners of each class fight eachother ffa?

XghostzX
08-08-2012, 02:45 PM
I only have dex cyber...

It's easy to obtain other sets through quests :)

Edit: Unless I'm mistaken. Cyber quests can be only done once on a character?

Noodleleg
08-08-2012, 07:09 PM
@Will
Mhhmmm! Cyber can only be done once per character. I have 2 sets because I did it on 2 alts.

Oh and... Everybody's probably gonna use the dex version of it :P!

ReddWolfAK
08-08-2012, 10:04 PM
Umm. A lot of people will be upset if the big end game tournament is using old gear. We spend millions of gold and/or a lot of time farming for our Humanian Crafted sets. Lets use those. I'm down for doing old gear mini tourneys, but not the big one. And we can't do Death, Hate or Shadow sets. They simply don't exist enough anymore.

CrimsonTider
08-08-2012, 10:08 PM
Umm. A lot of people will be upset if the big end game tournament is using old gear. We spend millions of gold and/or a lot of time farming for our Humanian Crafted sets. Lets use those. I'm down for doing old gear mini tourneys, but not the big one. And we can't do Death, Hate or Shadow sets. They simply don't exist enough anymore.

You're gonna run into problems no matter what the gear is. Some don't have full Humania crafted because of cost. Some don't have Cyber because it takes time. I honestly think more people would join if cheaper sets were used.

Also, Shadow Cave gear is not that hard to find. I bought a Death and Hate set just last week for pretty cheap.

XghostzX
08-08-2012, 11:01 PM

We would for sure host tournaments with old gear, and the latest gear. I feel like this topic has gone in the wrong direction, I want to know whether people want CTF, 1v1, FFA, etc.

Phoenixking
08-08-2012, 11:19 PM
I vote for the naked FFA

Noodleleg
08-09-2012, 10:52 AM
CTF would be fun :)!

WhoIsThis
08-09-2012, 03:48 PM
It's easy to obtain other sets through quests :)

Edit: Unless I'm mistaken. Cyber quests can be only done once on a character?

Sewer gear would be a better choice for that reason. Not everyone did the quests. They are also quite time-consuming to do. And sewers is as close to balanced as STS has ever gotten for PvP sets. The newer players have no reason to do those quests either seeing how obsolete the gear is. Sewers is relatively cheap and easy to get.