PDA

View Full Version : Middle man

LwMark
08-08-2012, 03:27 PM
So i notice many big trades have been going down, especially over gold caps, well if u want a honest middle man , to avoid scams and etc, id be glad to help with a transaction, just pm me on here or ingame, on lwmark or lwmarkjr

United
08-08-2012, 08:19 PM
will do mark. sometimes its hard to find a mutual friend between buyer/seller.
thx!

LwMark
08-08-2012, 09:28 PM
Hey no problem, ive already heard 2 scams this week. One was a person I know, other was a friend friend, I also was goin to sell a dragon set for over 2 caps but wanted to make sure it went down ok, so I asked a GoA to be the middle man, always remeber take pics also

Zaonabiuibil
08-08-2012, 09:54 PM
Isn't it sad that it's this hard to find trustworthy players? :(

razerfingers
08-08-2012, 09:55 PM
Isn't it sad that it's this hard to find trustworthy players? :(

Yes it is!

Sent using spray paint from a "can"

Otahaibab
08-08-2012, 09:57 PM
So true i will remember to call of you mark :)

LwMark
08-08-2012, 10:19 PM
Im willing to help out, i really just hate hearing people to get over on people over a lil bit of gold and one of the scams i heard was for a dragon peice not set, the person said ill buy it for 13m and the first trade was gold cap and the dragon armor, then after that trade the person logged out an didnt give the 3m, ye thats messed up, im not goin to say the name its not my room yo say but when my friend told me i was like are you kiddin me, also the person is not a noob hes actually pretty knownishh, i told my friend email see if anythin happens, but idk, he has android he said he couldnt take pics to

Also piece was farmed so its not like it was a lost of gold but it took them a while to get, using plat and time, its really messed up

StompArtist
08-08-2012, 10:22 PM
Im willing to help out, i really just hate hearing people to get over on people over a lil bit of gold and one of the scams i heard was for a dragon peice not set, the person said ill buy it for 13m and the first trade was gold cap and the dragon armor, then after that trade the person logged out an didnt give the 3m, ye thats messed up, im not goin to say the name its not my room yo say but when my friend told me i was like are you kiddin me, also the person is not a noob hes actually pretty knownishh, i told my friend email see if anythin happens, but idk, he has android he said he couldnt take pics to

No offense and I appreciate what you are doing but how would a middle man prevent this?

LwMark
08-08-2012, 10:26 PM
Well, im making it known im willing to help.
Say you wana sell a item for 12m but you can only fit 9,999,999 . Seller would give me his item, buyer would give me his gold once confirmed i would just give to each person. And done deal

Also i have no reason to scam i have plenty gold , items blah blah it dont matter to me im just offerin im willing to help, im in AoA and many friends trust me, ive done plenty oh can u give this to my other acoount, ive been lent demonic sets etc, just throwing out there im willing to help

Bebsi
08-08-2012, 10:31 PM
No offense and I appreciate what you are doing but how would a middle man prevent this?

Never heard of Escrow Service?

But in this case Lwmark is doing it for free ^_^

I'll keep u in mind, cause I farm for the dragon sets a lot.

LwMark
08-08-2012, 10:38 PM

Never heard of Escrow Service?

But in this case Lwmark is doing it for free ^_^

I'll keep u in mind, cause I farm for the dragon sets a lot.

No need for money at all just tryin to ease up the scared of trading above gold cap, cause i was scared when someone offered 25 and i dint wana get scammed so I asked a GoA for help

Cobraguy
08-09-2012, 02:10 AM
I can vouch for Mark, he's held a gold cap for me before and didn't run away.

小孩子
08-09-2012, 03:43 AM
I can vouch for Mark, he's held a gold cap for me before and didn't run away.

Has he held cap AND dragon?

*You have been disconnected from the server*...
or has he...

LwMark
08-09-2012, 04:22 AM
Ive given cobra dragon to hold with nothin of his also

小孩子
08-09-2012, 04:30 AM
Ive given cobra dragon to hold with nothin of his also

LwMark
08-09-2012, 04:31 AM
No sir

Ohhh i see what your sayin, funny..

GoodSyntax
08-09-2012, 08:41 AM
There are a handful of very reputable players - most are active in forums and in game (I'm certain we all know who is trustworthy).

I would certainly trust LwMark, and even though I am an unknown in-game, I would help with any transaction.

I just don't understand why people scam in game. You would scam and risk banning for gold pixels and a make believe item that is only useful in a game? I suppose that the game is like real life in that you have all types of people, good, bad and everywhere in between, but sheesh...it's a GAME, why scam? It's not like you can cash out your scammed gold cap for some real world money - it's all make-believe!

StompArtist
08-09-2012, 08:43 AM
Oh, now I get it... sry.

(ps: you should have taken the medal!)

TruePlayer
08-09-2012, 08:48 AM
Actual this is a very helpful idea lw put his self out there for free. Not many people will be like
Me. Sold minhchau my helm she gave me 14 mill gold first and i gave her helm. A middle man thats trust worthy is a good idea.

Intenze
08-09-2012, 10:56 AM
STS should make a "gold cap" token. You can exchange gold cap with a vendor for this token and anytime it can be redeemed for gold cap again. It would be easier than doing the coding to increase the gold cap on each player and would be a quick n easy fix to the problem.

Less scams, less worry about putting up collateral = less headaches for STS as well!

Register
08-09-2012, 11:37 AM
STS should make a "gold cap" token. You can exchange gold cap with a vendor for this token and anytime it can be redeemed for gold cap again. It would be easier than doing the coding to increase the gold cap on each player and would be a quick n easy fix to the problem.

Less scams, less worry about putting up collateral = less headaches for STS as well!

That also means Evolt hunzzzzzz and all the other merchants can store even more gold on their characters! Yes!

Mark, I'll keep that in mind, but I can't even make 1mil so don't expect me to ever make a big trade :highly_amused:

Energizeric
08-09-2012, 12:37 PM
That's not a bad idea, but maybe some other form of currency that's worth more. Just like we have dollars and cents, maybe a new currency that is worth 1m gold each, then you could exchange at a vendor. That would certainly make trades a lot easier.

kiitz
08-09-2012, 01:19 PM
That also means Evolt hunzzzzzz and all the other merchants can store even more gold on their characters! Yes!

Mark, I'll keep that in mind, but I can't even make 1mil so don't expect me to ever make a big trade :highly_amused:

The gold token would be a good idea. Having a relatively low gold cap (for some) is not going to stop hunzzz or other uber rich from stock piling more gold. They'll happily buy more characters or start more accounts to stash it all away.

This actually reminds of how things are in China. The highest denomination currency there is 100RMB, which is equivalent to about $15-17 dollars. This is fine for the majority of folks there, but I go for business and the super rich there literally carry around 2 inch thick stacks of cash. An expensive dinner for like 5-10 people can cost 10 thousand RMB and I have personally witnessed these ballers pull out 20 grand RMB in cash from their pockets to pay.

I've noticed more of them finally using credit cards for transactions, but having a relatively low value for the highest denomination currency (100RMB) never stopped them from amassing huge fortunes and carrying around huge stacks in their pockets. It just made it more inconvenient.

Fusionstrike
08-09-2012, 01:25 PM
Making another kind of currency doesn't really make any sense for a virtual world. We have larger denominations in real life because it's cumbersome to carry lots of physical objects around. But in PL it's just as easy to carry one coin as a million.

The real issue here is: why is there a gold cap at all? The absolutely simplest solution would be for STS to simply remove the limit altogether, so people can directly sell and trade using as much money as they want. That's certainly much easier than creating a "gold cap token system" or some other such convoluted idea. The heart of the issue is that STS created the gold cap for a reason. So you really shouldn't expect them to do anything at all to help circumvent a limit they put in place on purpose.

I suspect, though I've never seen a dev say so, that the gold cap exists to help keep inflation down. If the most anything can be sold for (or at least sold for safely) is 10M, then there is a natural limit on how much gold is useful. If there is no limit, then there's literally nothing to keep prices from growing without bound on extremely rare items. Yes, people work around the current limits today to sell above the cap, but it is inherently risky. And not being able to list items in CS for more than the cap holds down those prices, which keeps a lid on the trade economy.

As it stands today, there is a practical limit on how much gold is useful. Sure, some players collect gold just to have it, but the practical value once a player has (let's say) 5x gold cap is negligible. That is, someone having 50M has basically the same buying power and purchasing opportunities open to him as someone with 500M, because both have vastly so much more than the actual price for anything they want to buy. However, if you remove the gold cap or create systems to make it easier to work around the cap, that suddenly puts all that "extra" gold the 500M player has back into play again, which would naturally lead to a price explosion for new/rare/valuable items. So be careful what you wish for, because the law of unintended consequences is always hungry for more victims.

kiitz
08-09-2012, 01:35 PM
Making another kind of currency doesn't really make any sense for a virtual world. We have larger denominations in real life because it's cumbersome to carry lots of physical objects around. But in PL it's just as easy to carry one coin as a million.

The real issue here is: why is there a gold cap at all? The absolutely simplest solution would be for STS to simply remove the limit altogether, so people can directly sell and trade using as much money as they want. That's certainly much easier than creating a "gold cap token system" or some other such convoluted idea. The heart of the issue is that STS created the gold cap for a reason. So you really shouldn't expect them to do anything at all to help circumvent a limit they put in place on purpose.

I suspect, though I've never seen a dev say so, that the gold cap exists to help keep inflation down. If the most anything can be sold for (or at least sold for safely) is 10M, then there is a natural limit on how much gold is useful. If there is no limit, then there's literally nothing to keep prices from growing without bound on extremely rare items. Yes, people work around the current limits today to sell above the cap, but it is inherently risky. And not being able to list items in CS for more than the cap holds down those prices, which keeps a lid on the trade economy.

As it stands today, there is a practical limit on how much gold is useful. Sure, some players collect gold just to have it, but the practical value once a player has (let's say) 5x gold cap is negligible. That is, someone having 50M has basically the same buying power and purchasing opportunities open to him as someone with 500M, because both have vastly so much more than the actual price for anything they want to buy. However, if you remove the gold cap or create systems to make it easier to work around the cap, that suddenly puts all that "extra" gold the 500M player has back into play again, which would naturally lead to a price explosion for new/rare/valuable items. So be careful what you wish for, because the law of unintended consequences is always hungry for more victims.

This makes a TON of sense, and I didn't even think about it that way. I think removal of gold cap would further worsen the inflation problem because it introduces more liquid capital into the economy as you said. Great observation there.

However, I doubt STS put in the gold cap in order to prevent inflation. I do not think they care, otherwise they could introduce more gold sinks. I think the gold cap was set in place due to easier programming and set limits on the number of digits they need to keep free for the gold variables. They did not plan ahead for the wild inflation and 10M seemed like a high enough number to go with and fits on screen nicely.

An example is that they still sell a very small amount of gold for an extremely high platinum price. That was probably accurate when PL first came out. You have to balance the cost of buying gold out right vs. the cost of using the plat either on elixirs, or crafting recipes to make gold and currently the gold prices are way out of wack. Again, it leads me to believe that the inflation in PL just kind of happened and they were not "ready" for it.

I would still like to see some assistance with getting around gold cap issues, though complete removal of gold cap would most likely make extremely rare items skyrocket.

Energizeric
08-09-2012, 01:46 PM
The gold cap does not help keep prices of items down, it just causes expensive items to disappear from the market. For example, it is pretty much impossible to buy a dragon item these days no matter how much gold you have. The gold cap did not keep the dragon prices down, it simply caused them to disappear from the market completely as nobody is willing to sell for gold cap.

kiitz
08-09-2012, 02:19 PM
The gold cap does not help keep prices of items down, it just causes expensive items to disappear from the market. For example, it is pretty much impossible to buy a dragon item these days no matter how much gold you have. The gold cap did not keep the dragon prices down, it simply caused them to disappear from the market completely as nobody is willing to sell for gold cap.

Well, not necessarily "disappear" completely. It just moved into the "black market" or "grey market" sales like on forums and personal transactions, as opposed to going through the CS.

It's kind of like in some 3rd world country (N. Korea or something) where there is a shortage of food and or supplies. The government might put a price cap on these items and as a result there is barely any of it in the shops that have to adhere to the price caps. Its all sold on the unregulated black or grey market.

In our situation, the price cap is 10M.

Sim Jing
08-12-2012, 07:42 PM
This is a great idea Mark! I would have done so myself, but people dont find me trustworthy, especially since im new and dubious in the forums! Good luck Mark!

Livemau
08-13-2012, 11:02 AM
what if he scams
jk lwmark is totally trustworthy and he has a lot to lose if he gets caught scamming

Chopper
08-13-2012, 11:07 AM
I doubt STS wants new players to be frustrated with excessively high priced items. The gap between rich and poor/new will be a negative for marketing the game.

If STS wants to lower prices, it only has to do one thing, increase the drop rates on the ridiculous items. Remember when people were selling Ocean Diamonds for $4-5M?

Maybe with the free Vampire Feast now dropping Dragon pieces, the prices will level down soon when people start selling more of them in CS from the higher farming rate.

LwMark
08-13-2012, 01:57 PM
what if he scams
jk lwmark is totally trustworthy and he has a lot to lose if he gets caught scamming

I poorz , livemau plzzz gimme gold n pvp lessons pweeez :)

Livemau
08-13-2012, 09:16 PM
I poorz , livemau plzzz gimme gold n pvp lessons pweeez :)

int bear is a personal fav and dont forget to buff after using all those skills gets em dead fast

LwMark
08-13-2012, 09:23 PM
Okay , i ttry an learns can we has a pvpz match?!?!

Shellkaz
08-13-2012, 09:52 PM
Offering my services as a middle man(woman) as well. I have plat crafted for many of my guild mates and never charged a single gold piece. And everyone has gotten their gear. I would hope that even though I'm not in AOA that I am considered trust worthy as well.