PDA

View Full Version : Feedback: Hyperos the Destroyer

asommers
10-04-2022, 10:08 AM
During the Pisces thread, we had several Hyperos hijack attempts. Now that Pisces is resolved, we can discuss Hyperos issues here.

What would you want changed with this weapon and why?

-ALS

Bluehazee
10-04-2022, 10:51 AM
Proc rate and mechanic itself are terrible. Specially when i had one of first Hyperos in game (when it had 100% proc chance and much more dmg) and i see the difference after you fixed/nerfed/ruined it. I get that 100% proc chance was too much, but after that 'fix' we usually have to Charge attack like 6-8 times before it procs. By then, boss is already dead tbh, and Hyperos is doing nothing most of time.

So in my opinion is about proc chance and charge mechanic...not small things. Takes too long to charge attack, and if you combine this with proc rate, we have current situation where its being obliterated by most of mages.

On a side note, proc chance of Kraken armor is pretty bad, mostly if you are on a single target fight (aka boss). Im talking about mage armor, i dont know about other classes

Xuds
10-04-2022, 10:55 AM
Damage is low, proc rate sucks, when it procs it targets a mob instead. Maybe it should prioritize the highest HP mob/boss in the area or prioritize mini bosses/bosses since that's what the weapon was intended for

Sent from my DE2118 using Tapatalk

Advocacies
10-04-2022, 11:03 AM
Overall weapon suck we just use it for stats bonus and single target basic attack proc staff switch to zaar hyper set and that's it , overall useless no dmg procs after what 8 attempt or something then Landing on wrong target

Ploid
10-04-2022, 11:05 AM
Terrible damage and terrible proc rate.

Most useless Proc in the game right now. Aquaris Proc with Gun attacks do about the same or more damage than Hyperos proc.

Aquaris Proc with Smugg Gun basic attacks do Significantly more damage than Hyperos Proc.

So there is never a reason to use this weapon except getting the mythic set bonus.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Encryptions
10-04-2022, 11:06 AM
Needs more damage dealt during proc, higher proc rate. Also is able to proc stack with aquaris, if you plan to buff the damage you might want to fix the proc stack, atm no one even uses that proc stacking ability though.
Making it work like neptaris would be nice, also during proc it will only focus the target that has the proc active on it.
Throwing out some ideas here.

Terracraft
10-04-2022, 11:09 AM
Increase proc rate and NO need to charge attack again after first proc
Other class myhtic weapon only need 1 charge,only hyper need to charge again after first proc

Advocacies
10-04-2022, 11:14 AM
Agree charging to mark target and you charge again hits a different target and the mark is gone another 7-12 whatever rng charge attack attempts again to mark enemy just plain awful does no damage demanding mechanics just not worth it at all people using this are only using it for set bonus or people who still can't afford aquaris

Synergia
10-04-2022, 11:35 AM
from my experience (which is 3 weeks playing mage lately) I felt like proc rate is bad as well, but overall damage seemed fine to me, probably because once I proced on boss, I just use the "Energize" ultimate, and spam 30x attacks of Deep Squeeze.

I would suggest to do the same as pisces daggers (5th Attack would have 100% Proc), and make this kind of weapons (Hyperos / Marianos) target boss as a priority, cause the only frustrating thing in my eyes for a boss design weapon is when you try to proc it for a while and when it does it ended up hitting on one of the spawned mobs.

Ploid
10-04-2022, 11:46 AM
from my experience (which is 3 weeks playing mage lately) I felt like proc rate is bad as well, but overall damage seemed fine to me, probably because once I proced on boss, I just use the "Energize" ultimate, and spam 30x attacks of Deep Squeeze.

I would suggest to do the same as pisces daggers (5th Attack would have 100% Proc), and make this kind of weapons (Hyperos / Marianos) target boss as a priority, cause the only frustrating thing in my eyes for a boss design weapon is when you try to proc it for a while and when it does it ended up hitting on one of the spawned mobs.You'd do Significantly more damage if you proc Aquaris and Spam attacks with Smugg Gun with energize. A lot more damage.

Also the duration of Hyperos Proc is much lower than energize ult.

Crystalwiz
10-04-2022, 11:49 AM
It takes forever to proc after so many attempts and so u die many times while charging it 2 times and hope to hit the boss. There are always mobs around and the charged attack hits them instead of boss. Making 2 successful charged attacks takes too long. 1 charge should be good enough like the other weapons. We have been complaining about this weapon since it first was nerfed. Not only we die a lot we aren't helping the party kill boss.

Oawaoebi
10-04-2022, 12:29 PM
Prefer hit the procced mob

Gesendet von iPhone 13 mit Tapatalk

Ilove_Poopoo
10-04-2022, 01:02 PM
Proc rate is worse than Pisces, it requires 2 consecutive charges to the same target to proc (very hard to do). After going through all that hassle, the weapon and proc alone do the least damage - unless we're able to synchronize it with an armor proc, however, synchronizing a very low proc rate weapon with another RNG piece of gear results in almost not happening. So no one does it anymore, it's just not practical.

For it being a boss-centric weapon, the mechanics to proc is flawed. 99% of the maps have either mobs around, or mobs that spawn near the boss. So why was it designed to make the 2nd charge be a single target?

Polaris hits 3 enemies, Neptaris hits 3 enemies (and procs the marked target), Pisces hits 3 enemies in a small radius giving it more chances of hitting something. Hyperos
should be in line with the other weapons, for instance, after marking an enemy, the guns next charged attack hits 3 enemies in a small radius. So if there's a marked boss, and 2 mobs standing just in front of it, it would hit all 3 foes and still proc on the marked boss.

Advocacies
10-04-2022, 01:08 PM
Lmao no positive feedback from this weapon at all everything is just terrible 😂

spwd
10-04-2022, 01:08 PM
Procs should be more simple to activate imo, re-work hyperos (and marianos) procs to something like immo bow proc (with higher damage ofc), that would be perfect for boss killing.

Skeleton Mike
10-04-2022, 01:16 PM
Just to clarify... I mentioned hyperos in the piscis thread to point out that it was the charge to proc mechanic what people disliked just like piscis.
I wasn't trying to hijack nothing :P

As for the weapon in question, it needs a slightly higher proc chance and it should focus on the target that got marked and I think that should be enough for people to give it good use,

Ploid
10-04-2022, 01:19 PM
Proc rate is worse than Pisces, it requires 2 consecutive charges to the same target to proc (very hard to do). After going through all that hassle, the weapon and proc alone do the least damage - unless we're able to synchronize it with an armor proc, however, synchronizing a very low proc rate weapon with another RNG piece of gear results in almost not happening. So no one does it anymore, it's just not practical.

For it being a boss-centric weapon, the mechanics to proc is flawed. 99% of the maps have either mobs around, or mobs that spawn near the boss. So why was it designed to make the 2nd charge be a single target?

Polaris hits 3 enemies, Neptaris hits 3 enemies (and procs the marked target), Pisces hits 3 enemies in a small radius giving it more chances of hitting something. Hyperos
should be in line with the other weapons, for instance, after marking an enemy, the guns next charged attack hits 3 enemies in a small radius. So if there's a marked boss, and 2 mobs standing just in front of it, it would hit all 3 foes and still proc on the marked boss.I also feel it does almost no damage compared to what Aquaris + Smugg Gun can do.

Idk, probably cuz I have bad stats?

asommers
10-04-2022, 01:29 PM
Lmao no positive feedback from this weapon at all everything is just terrible

Not sure what responses do you expect in a thread asking what's wrong with the weapon.

Just to clarify... I mentioned hyperos in the piscis thread to point out that it was the charge to proc mechanic what people disliked just like piscis.
I wasn't trying to hijack nothing :P

I spent time removing all of the Hyperos hijacking attempts, but looks like I missed one.

-ALS

Advocacies
10-04-2022, 01:40 PM
Not sure what responses do you expect in a thread asking what's wrong with the weapon.

I spent time removing all of the Hyperos hijacking attempts, but looks like I missed one.

-ALS
I mean some weapon despite having bad proc rate but proc dmg at least do actually dmg in their current expansion like dream/creep rifle at 66 cap ;) hyper does almost nothing and too demanding to proc

Skeleton Mike
10-04-2022, 02:18 PM
/////////
Rip

Neutrone
10-04-2022, 03:58 PM
- If I activate proc then that target with the debuff should be the only one I can hit with my basic attacks (charged/non charged)
- If the above can't be done then increase the duration of the proc, because usually by the time you position yourself to hit the target the proc wears off and now you have to restart everything. This would also allow for more pressure crushes.
- As everyone has already stated increase proc rate and the damage done.

HappyDINO
10-04-2022, 04:10 PM
hypeross i with the shots exploded on hit . and . we mages mostly fight with spells . can it be that charged spells can proc it ? like i charge my spells and shoot them and they proc the weapon ?
and onve it proc gun is very hard to single out a target in a group while being far away can it be that the area of proc all mobs get proc dammage ... ? that would be great if it happens . Happydino

Ploid
10-04-2022, 06:01 PM
Proc rate and mechanic itself are terrible. Specially when i had one of first Hyperos in game (when it had 100% proc chance and much more dmg) and i see the difference after you fixed/nerfed/ruined it. I get that 100% proc chance was too much, but after that 'fix' we usually have to Charge attack like 6-8 times before it procs. By then, boss is already dead tbh, and Hyperos is doing nothing most of time.

So in my opinion is about proc chance and charge mechanic...not small things. Takes too long to charge attack, and if you combine this with proc rate, we have current situation where its being obliterated by most of mages.

On a side note, proc chance of Kraken armor is pretty bad, mostly if you are on a single target fight (aka boss). Im talking about mage armor, i dont know about other classesEvery armor has bad proc rate against single target. Not surprising.

tailwarrior
10-04-2022, 07:40 PM
During the Pisces thread, we had several Hyperos hijack attempts. Now that Pisces is resolved, we can discuss Hyperos issues here.

What would you want changed with this weapon and why?

-ALSwhat I want to chage:
1.Make it possible to proc within 5 charges(Maybe even less) .

reason:
they're very similar to pisces and has the same charging upper limit issue(may take 12 charges too).

2.No need for additional charge(pressure squeeze charge), after it proc directly go to deep squeeze.
(or)
Let the pressure squeeze charge be there but it should lock the enemy we already hit and enemy should not dodge it.

reason:
If the 2nd charge fails and hit some other mob, we'll never be able to use deep squeeze(basic attk) it.

Additional:
Other than that everything is fine. You guys mention that damage is low. But I think it's ok. Remember this weapon can reduce enemy armor by a huge%(not sure how much?).

I feel if guaranteed proc within 5 charges is resolved, the arcane armor will be able to proc more smoothly for this weapon(pisces and kraken armor stack is happening more smoothly after update, but it's a gun, we need to test it to find out).

Also we can't expect this weapon to be op as smuggler but it should be atleast average op enough for people as a 2nd option since it's easy to afford the weapon now.

Sent from my M2010J19CI using Tapatalk

will0
10-04-2022, 07:49 PM
what I want to chage:
1.Make it possible to proc within 5 charges(Maybe even less) .

reason:
they're very similar to pisces and has the same charging upper limit issue(may take 12 charges too).

2.No need for additional charge(pressure squeeze charge), after it proc directly go to deep squeeze.
(or)
Let the pressure squeeze charge be there but it should lock the enemy we already hit and enemy should not dodge it.

reason:
If the 2nd charge fails and hit some other mob, we'll never be able to use deep squeeze(basic attk) it.

Additional:
Other than that everything is fine. You guys mention that damage is low. But I think it's ok. Remember this weapon can reduce enemy armor by a huge%(not sure how much?).

I feel if guaranteed proc within 5 charges is resolved, the arcane armor will be able to proc more smoothly for this weapon(pisces and kraken armor stack is happening more smoothly after update, but it's a gun, we need to test it to find out).

Also we can't expect this weapon to be op as smuggler but it should be atleast average op enough for people as a 2nd option since it's easy to afford the weapon now.

compare to smuggler.. hyperos process is very underwhelming

LugiaBeatU
10-04-2022, 08:15 PM
Probably increasing critical hit chance and critical hit dmg while proc is active

Bluehazee
10-04-2022, 09:09 PM
Every armor has bad proc rate against single target. Not surprising.

Yeah Mr. Obvious, but im actually comparing kraken armor rate vs ebon armor, which i've been using for years

Ploid
10-04-2022, 09:52 PM
Probably increasing critical hit chance and critical hit dmg while proc is activeYou can already reach near 100%crit chance using Hero Tadthep AA.

Increased critical damage however would be very welcomed.

Atillafr
10-04-2022, 11:14 PM
Les dégâts sont pas mal et le proc est plutôt insane est ce que cela fonctionne avec le ''haste '' des pet's

Hriv
10-05-2022, 08:35 AM
I didn t like the ideea of having to charge the normal attack from the begining in order to proc. I mostly use my skills on bosses. It would have been cool if the proc would happen when you charge any of your skill rather than normal attack. It is a pure waste of time during combat to try and proc with normal attack instead of using a skill that does more damage. Do not mention that our class have the shortest cooldowns and if you use haste it will make this even relevant. And I d move the pressure crush on the skill side too. The proc rate and the mechanic for aquaris is good. Just do the same thing for Hyperos but instead of normal hits, make it proc on charged attack. 3x Charged attacks = succesful proc.

Kaziscate
10-05-2022, 04:33 PM
Would also like the proc to reduce dodge in addition to armor and speed to lower the frustration of trying to activate pressure crush. As for damage, maybe deep squeeze should be allowed to do crit damage. I think the mark mechanic is too complex and needs a rework. The biggest issue is when you try using it against a boss that summons mobs, which quite a bit of zodias bosses do. It is too difficult to activate the mark because the charged attack doesn't go towards the intended target. It would help out if the mark activated automatically. These are a couple other ideas that I just wanted to throw out there:

1.Charged attack is an aoe, with a chance to mark multiple enemies damaged by the aoe
2.Proc is a buff that marks enemies on charged attacks

Ploid
10-06-2022, 11:28 PM
Maybe increase the time window in which we have to Proc so it can easily be combo-ed with Aquaris proc

Corviss the Lich
10-07-2022, 09:52 AM
What if instead of having to do a charge attack again after the explosion (marked), make it proc *PRESSURE CRUSH* along with the explosion mark of it's first initial proc so they don't have to deal with more charged attacks. Plus, make Hyperos have a guaranteed proc on 5th or 7th charged attack similar to Pisces'.

So why 5th or 7th? Us Rogues can't have the full potential of haste in which haste doesn't increase our attack speed unlike Sorcerers they can, even if it's 7th attempt considering them having 25-40% haste.

I honestly don't think Hyperos needs any sort of buff, but a rework on proc style.

(Edit: Why not just remove the initial proc which is the blue thingy explosion?)

What do you Notts think?

asommers
10-07-2022, 12:10 PM
I'm not redesigning the entire weapon, but I am going to make the following changes:
1. Similar to Pisces, there is a 35% chance to proc on charged attack. There will now be a guaranteed proc after 6 unsuccessful charges.
2. The charged attack was doing 360 degree cone targeting instead of the intended 180. This could have you target closer mobs behind you on the charge.
3. After a successful proc by charging, Pressure Crush and Deep Squeeze now occur on normal attack instead of charged attack.

-ALS

Ploid
10-07-2022, 12:14 PM
I'm not redesigning the entire weapon, but I am going to make the following changes:
1. Similar to Pisces, there is a 35% chance to proc on charged attack. There will now be a guaranteed proc after 6 unsuccessful charges.
2. The charged attack was doing 360 degree cone targeting instead of the intended 180. This could have you target closer mobs behind you on the charge.
3. After a successful proc by charging, Pressure Crush and Deep Squeeze now occur on normal attack instead of charged attack.

-ALSCould u make it so that Hyperos does significantly more damage than Aquaris on Single Target enemies like bosses?

Currently, it does slightly more damage than Aquaris.

Aquaris Procs almost instantly while this takes time. As this was the boss killing weapon for Mages, there should be a notice-able difference.

Observing
10-07-2022, 12:32 PM

-ALS

Looking good, excited to try out the changes.

asommers
10-07-2022, 12:51 PM
This is in today's server (content) update.

-ALS

Ploid
10-07-2022, 01:08 PM
This is in today's server (content) update.

-ALSIt feels so good. I can finally do something instead of standing around waiting for warriors to kill bosses. I can contribute with just 2.1k int now.

spwd
10-07-2022, 01:31 PM
marianos next? xd

Hriv
10-07-2022, 02:02 PM
tweak the charging speed for guns. It feels way to slower compared with staff charging time. The dps with gun is higher but the casting time is slower. Makes no sense.

intruders
10-07-2022, 02:28 PM
Ok so now there's no Deep Squeeze as all attacks deal Pressure Crush. Fine.

But like many others said damage must be increased to be similar to Polaris Drown and here's why.

Hyperos has similar mechanics as Polaris to activate proc but Polaris is way better as it can nuke ANY enemy in range because of high dealt damage unlike Hyperos that deals mediocre damage on a single target that got Hyperos mark.

I tested after update and smugger gun still kills boss faster than Hyperos even without aquaris proc

Ploid
10-07-2022, 03:09 PM
Ok so now there's no Deep Squeeze as all attacks deal Pressure Crush. Fine.

But like many others said damage must be increased to be similar to Polaris Drown and here's why.

Hyperos has similar mechanics as Polaris to activate proc but Polaris is way better as it can nuke ANY enemy in range because of high dealt damage unlike Hyperos that deals mediocre damage on a single target that got Hyperos mark.

I tested after update and smugger gun still kills boss faster than Hyperos even without aquaris procHyperos Proc does more damage than Warrior Weapons without their Ult.

It's more than good rn.

Warriors will always do more damage to bosses due to their ult.

tailwarrior
10-07-2022, 05:24 PM
The weapon is more smooth and deals more damage ty

towd
10-08-2022, 04:46 AM
Wow buffing the weap of a very OP class noice!

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

Killyxan
10-08-2022, 05:28 AM
Would be nice if the charging time of the weapon would be a little faster it’s pretty slow rn proc rate is decent imo just the charging time is long since it’s till 6 charged shots u will be able to proc (ofc it could proc from the first time or 2nd just feels like it’s maul for mages)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Camelot
10-08-2022, 06:26 AM
Dmg of hyperos is acceptable rn but 5-8 times charge attack to get proc is still too much and make thoose weapon still the whorst with all myth 81

Wysłane z mojego RMX2193 przy użyciu Tapatalka

will0
10-08-2022, 06:52 AM
Why hyperos needs 6 charge and Pisces needs 5 charge for guaranteed proc?

"Pisces will now have a guaranteed proc after 5 unsuccessful charge attempts"

Ploid
10-08-2022, 08:45 AM

"Pisces will now have a guaranteed proc after 5 unsuccessful charge attempts"I only used Hyperos. It's stronger than Pisces vs Bosses.

asommers
10-08-2022, 09:27 AM

Doh! The data is actually the same as Pisces, it procs on the 6th attempt (after it failed 5 times). I've updated the patch notes to have the wording match Pisces.

-ALS

Synergia
10-08-2022, 12:14 PM

Its not the same weapon and Hyperos so powerfull rn so what are you even complaining about?
I can also compare proc of Pisces to Aquaris which can be proced with skills in 1 second ranged attacks how does it sound?
Just shocking how many mages will always claim that rogue is better while in reality its the opposite way

Oawaoebi
10-08-2022, 01:02 PM
Its not the same weapon and Hyperos so powerfull rn so what are you even complaining about?
I can also compare proc of Pisces to Aquaris which can be proced with skills in 1 second ranged attacks how does it sound?
Just shocking how many mages will always claim that rogue is better while in reality its the opposite way

Mages are more grateful than rogues.

I’ll leave this as i said it.

Gesendet von iPhone 13 mit Tapatalk

spwd
10-08-2022, 02:02 PM

Since u decided to compare your overbuffed weapon to rogues' weapons, let's look at it from other side lol
Why you can stack aquaris damage buff with hyperos proc while proc stack got "removed"? and marianos can't be stacked with any daggers' buffs? Need mention about %haste+bows? ;D and you really ask about 1 addition attack you need to get guaranteed proc? this is shameless. Oh wait, why its even comparsion between gun (boss kill) and daggers (mob kill); lets better compare daggers vs staff :) and marianos (no haste, no stack with other weapons, and not even used at bosses, cuz too weak) to hyperos

will0
10-08-2022, 06:11 PM
Doh! The data is actually the same as Pisces, it procs on the 6th attempt (after it failed 5 times). I've updated the patch notes to have the wording match Pisces.

-ALS

thanks for the wording correction .. always appreciative as a mage ..

will0
10-08-2022, 06:13 PM
Since u decided to compare your overbuffed weapon to rogues' weapons, let's look at it from other side lol
Why you can stack aquaris damage buff with hyperos proc when proc stack got "removed"? and marianos can't be stacked with any daggers' buffs? Need mention about %haste+bows? ;D and you really ask about 1 addition attack you need to get guaranteed proc? this is shameless. Oh wait, why its even comparsion between gun (boss kill) and daggers (mob kill); lets better compare daggers vs staff :) and marianos (no haste, no stack with other weapons, and not even used at bosses, cuz too weak) to hyperos

overbuffed? open another thread or more threads for rogues i am sure asommers will take a look at the above you have stated no need to competitive or defensive if it is true..

HappyDINO
10-08-2022, 06:30 PM
i used it love what u did sir .

one minor issue . when it procs there is no way of telling it procked specially in sunken elite . bosses that are big cover aura so have to guess that it procced or not .
the previous red text upon proc can u bring that ?

and can we get aqua to proc at 10x attempts ?

Happydino

Synergia
10-08-2022, 07:25 PM
overbuff? open another thread or more threads for rogues i am sure asommers will take a look at the above you have stated no need to competitive or defensive if it is true..

Asommers has enough things to deal with rn, but yeah he's right this weapon is overbuffed
Tell me how exactly being able to do x6-7 "PRESSURE CRUSH" Attacks + x20+ "DEEP SQUEEZE" with some haste is not overbuffed?
I would like to hear an explaination if you don't mind.

Observing
10-08-2022, 07:28 PM
"Overbuffed"

spwd
10-08-2022, 07:52 PM
overbuffed? open another thread or more threads for rogues i am sure asommers will take a look at the above you have stated no need to competitive or defensive if it is true..

It was you who brought rogues to this topic tho, and comparing weapons of diff classes, not my fault that you can't use all advantages of your own class.

Tell me how exactly being able to do x6-7 "PRESSURE CRUSH" Attacks + x20+ "DEEP SQUEEZE" with some haste is not overbuffed?

You forgot to mention that its all happening with aquaris proc and deals x7 damage of intended :)

Hriv
10-09-2022, 08:45 AM
i used it love what u did sir .

one minor issue . when it procs there is no way of telling it procked specially in sunken elite . bosses that are big cover aura so have to guess that it procced or not .
the previous red text upon proc can u bring that ?

and can we get aqua to proc at 10x attempts ?

Happydino

why on earth would you request aqua proc at 10 attempts when aqua proc rate is perfect as it is. If you don t proc it, it is because of cooldowns.It literally procs after 2 or 3 hits.

Hriv
10-09-2022, 12:25 PM
Even if the dps is higher when I am using the gun instead of staff on paper, in practice it takes longer to charge the gun than it takes to charge the staff. This doesn t seem to be right.
I d like to know if this is a bug. Thank you!

To be more specific. I have only tested this with Aquaris vs Hyperos charging time. I felt a discrepance btw those two during gameplay and I often missed charging my gun after I switched loadouts.

Kaziscate
10-09-2022, 01:38 PM
I dont think this is a bug. Guns generally have had a slower charge time than staffs (edit: they actually now have the same charge time of 1 second but may be different on other classes). There have also been instances in the past of weapons having special characteristics (such as the firesquid rod having faster normal attacks). From what it looks like, Aquaris has a faster charge time than normal.

Hriv
10-09-2022, 02:30 PM
The main issue here is that Hyperos charging time is way to slower. I don t know about other guns, but even with high haste, charging time still sucks.

Ploid
10-09-2022, 03:13 PM
The main issue here is that Hyperos charging time is way to slower. I don t know about other guns, but even with high haste, charging time still sucks.Haste doesn't affect charging time.

Given how strong the gun is, the charging time is good.

Hriv
10-09-2022, 04:00 PM
Could be 1 shot. Doesn t matter for me more than how smooth if feel the combat. For me is a game breaking mechanic. I keep the button pressed, doesn t charge, then I press it again and takes like forever to charge once. I d rather have slightly reduced damage but I can charge it properly than having a clumsy mechanic.

Nocturnus
10-09-2022, 09:29 PM
Could be 1 shot. Doesn t matter for me more than how smooth if feel the combat. For me is a game breaking mechanic. I keep the button pressed, doesn t charge, then I press it again and takes like forever to charge once. I d rather have slightly reduced damage but I can charge it properly than having a clumsy mechanic.

The same thing happens with war weapons, the Neptaris charges quickly, compared to the Polaris, it takes time and sometimes you have to tap 2 times to start charging, and the worst thing is that you have 6 seconds to do it, which is how long the proc takes.
The haste helps, but it still feels pretty clumsy.
I would also like to know the reason for this difference in charge, and in any case those charges should be reduced, so that it feels smoother, like the Neptaris.

Kaziscate
10-10-2022, 05:00 PM

The same thing happens with war weapons, the Neptaris charges quickly, compared to the Polaris, it takes time and sometimes you have to tap 2 times to start charging, and the worst thing is that you have 6 seconds to do it, which is how long the proc takes.
The haste helps, but it still feels pretty clumsy.
I would also like to know the reason for this difference in charge, and in any case those charges should be reduced, so that it feels smoother, like the Neptaris.

There are a few reasons that charging probably can feel a bit unresponsive. The two most likely culprits could be an enemy stunning and interrupting the charge, or attack animations. When you do a charged weapon attack, there is a brief window where you cannot charge your weapon again because the game is waiting for the attack animation to finish. Some weapons seem to have slightly longer animations. Try pacing the charged attacks a bit slower and see if that makes them feel more responsive.

Nocturnus
10-11-2022, 01:30 AM
There are a few reasons that charging probably can feel a bit unresponsive. The two most likely culprits could be an enemy stunning and interrupting the charge, or attack animations. When you do a charged weapon attack, there is a brief window where you cannot charge your weapon again because the game is waiting for the attack animation to finish. Some weapons seem to have slightly longer animations. Try pacing the charged attacks a bit slower and see if that makes them feel more responsive.

I see you didn't understand anything at all.
Anyway, try doing the charges in the city, you get the same result.
These mythic, Hyperos and Polaris, are slower than the charged Neptaris or Aquarius.

Kaziscate
10-11-2022, 01:50 PM
I see you didn't understand anything at all.
Anyway, try doing the charges in the city, you get the same result.
These mythic, Hyperos and Polaris, are slower than the charged Neptaris or Aquarius.

I already know that Hyperos has a slower charge time than Aquaris have already explained why in my previous reply:

There have also been instances in the past of weapons having special characteristics (such as the firesquid rod having faster normal attacks). From what it looks like, Aquaris has a faster charge time than normal.

Hypero's charge time is actually normal. They just made Aquaris have a faster charge time than normal. Try charging with any other 2h weapon and compare it to Neptaris and you'll see what I mean. It would be nice though if they made Hypero's and Polaris' charge times faster.

Ploid
10-12-2022, 04:19 PM
I already know that Hyperos has a slower charge time than Aquaris have already explained why in my previous reply:

Hypero's charge time is actually normal. They just made Aquaris have a faster charge time than normal. Try charging with any other 2h weapon and compare it to Neptaris and you'll see what I mean. It would be nice though if they made Hypero's and Polaris' charge times faster.Polaris damage output is directly related to its charge time. I don't think there's a need for a polaris damage buff. I could be wrong.