PDA

View Full Version : Possible solutions to the current problems

Shebee
04-20-2010, 09:20 AM
Hello.

Please take your time and read my entire post before posting any comments or criticism, I also would highly appreciate if developers would take a look at my post. Anyway, lets start.

What we have now is problems with mana, unbalanced damage, certain skills, attributes, potions, items, class roles and the list goes on.
One of my biggest concerns are the potion, mana and attribute/skill problems at the moment.
I'll try to keep this short.
Almost every class runs out of mana in just 20 seconds or so, and has to keep potting that mana to keep on going.
The healer role is currently literally non-existent, who needs a healer when I can easily out heal incoming damage with potions?
More and more, we see weird builds, enchanters and warriors running around with crossbows and daggers, that doesn't make sense.
Now you might say "why? it does more damage", yes it does, but is this "working as intended"? I doubt that.
Also, although warriors received a buff recently, my 2h warrior still hits like a napkin, and does less dps than my lvl 15-something archer.
Items are just very confusing and partly make no sense.

These problems are not only because of the way items were designed, but also because of the current attribute system.
There are too many stats, that go together with too little attributes.
If the developers plan to keep 3 attributes for all the current stats, well I doubt it's even possible to balance it out unless they make each class stack 1 attribute.
Eventually we/they have to introduce more attributes or get rid of stats.

Skills are another point that I consider a problem, and I would like to talk about potions here as well.
Instead of us having to keep spamming the potion button constantly, we should work around it.
I have some ideas, I don't mean my way is the only way, I don't really care how they fix this, as long as it eventually gets fixed.
Currently each class uses mana as their resource, with potions we have unlimited resources, which means we can keep on going as long as we want, we can just spam our best skills that cost the mana without any consequence.

One way of working this around could look something like this for example:
Add a ~30 sec cooldown on potions (keep on reading please), have something similar to a rest function which could be used while not fighting, maybe 5-6 sec after using any ability that helps a party member or damages enemies, we could dig deeper on how this could work without problems, but I just want to sum it up by saying, similar to to the way threat works now just the other way round, kinda.
Now our problem is running oom too fast while fighting, we could work this out with adding abilities with something close to 1-3 min cooldowns, that recover mana and possibly some hp instantly, or over time.

These abilities combined with reduced mana costs on skills and wise potion usage, would result in a more fun and interesting gameplay.
This is my point of view of the game right now, there are other minor problems at the moment, but in my eyes these concern me the most, and I won't bother respeccing or buying expansions before therse crucial points for gameplay get worked around.

Edit: Since people are against having each class have its own role, why not make the same dungeons in harder difficulty, with harder monsters etc, that would require an organized group, rewarding more powerful loot and rewards. This way every group of the community is satisfied.

Splurd
04-20-2010, 09:37 AM
firstly, your cool down durations are all too long. 30 seconds is simply WAY too long.
Having periods where we sit and rest REALLY disrupts the flow of the game. What I mean is, alot of games are rushed. People rush into a large group of monsters, aoe the crap out of everything, and as soon as the last monster is dead and the last chest is open, we start rushing to the next set of monsters.
Its is fast paced action and fun.

Having to sit down and twiddle our thumbs waiting for our heal or potion to cool down distracts from the fun of the rush.

Besides, if we take away potions, what else do we spend gold on? lol

If there is to be a duration on potions, it needs to be extremely short. Short enough so I can potion my sell to full hp relatively quickly, but long enough such that I'm not out potting a boss dmg.
1-2 seconds is ideal enough.
Put it this way, imagine if you died. what now? you chug one potion, and have 50% hp and have it stand around waiting. Not fun.
Or if you draw too many monsters and are struggling to survive. 1 potion wont save you, and you'll be dead in 30 seconds.

Shebee
04-20-2010, 09:51 AM
Well, like I said it doesnt have to be my solution, but at least 30 sec cooldown would be nice.
Whats the point in spamming potions, please tell me at least one argument, why spam potions when there are other ways around it.
It doesn't have to be a rest function, they could adjust the cost so that there is little to no down time at all.
Currently, we could just aoe taunt every monster in the whole map and just keep spamming potions and aoe them down, yeah very fun and fast paced indeed...

Splurd
04-20-2010, 10:14 AM
Well, like I said it doesnt have to be my solution, but at least 30 sec cooldown would be nice.
Whats the point in spamming potions, please tell me at least one argument, why spam potions when there are other ways around it.
It doesn't have to be a rest function, they could adjust the cost so that there is little to no down time at all.
Currently, we could just aoe taunt every monster in the whole map and just keep spamming potions and aoe them down, yeah very fun and fast paced indeed...

Like I said, the spamming should be addressed, but a 1-2 second cooldown is more then enough.
such a cooldown will prevent or at least discourage people from over rushing into monsters or an archer trying to tank a boss.

Shebee
04-20-2010, 10:20 AM
I dont really agree, I don't see how a 2sec cooldown would prevent people from spamming potions.
Besides, what about pvp, I'd think they disable potions entirely in pvp, which would just lead into chaos because everyone is still dependent on them.
And you said we cant live without potions, have you ever played any other mmo than PL?
I just try to make ideas to replace the potion spamming with a natural regen and abilities. And as in this case a rest button if you happen to be nearly oom after a long fight.
Whats the point if you can keep up 100% mana all the time, this makes failure non-existent, which is pretty stupid, everyone can just solo rush new content and soon no one plays together, the game will be crowded with archers etc..
I think if you fail to teamplay, what I mean is, have a tank have a healer etc, then you should fail, or at least take it easy and go very slowly through content.
Whats the point in having parties, or chanters/warriors anyway if we can just keep soloing everything?

Chronical
04-20-2010, 10:23 AM
How do you know that they got problems with money? I think they're completly fine right now :)

Shebee
04-20-2010, 10:28 AM
Never said there were problems with money?
Besides I'm sure theyll be adding more things to do with money (they already added systems for NPC etc).
Im very surprised everyone seem to take these suggestions negatively.

Splurd
04-20-2010, 10:33 AM
I dont really agree, I don't see how a 2sec cooldown would prevent people from spamming potions.
Besides, what about pvp, I'd think they disable potions entirely in pvp, which would just lead into chaos because everyone is still dependent on them.
And you said we cant live without potions, have you ever played any other mmo than PL?
I just try to make ideas to replace the potion spamming with a natural regen and abilities. And as in this case a rest button if you happen to be nearly oom after a long fight.
Whats the point if you can keep up 100% mana all the time, this makes failure non-existent, which is pretty stupid, everyone can just solo rush new content and soon no one plays together, the game will be crowded with archers etc..
I think if you fail to teamplay, what I mean is, have a tank have a healer etc, then you should fail, or at least take it easy and go very slowly through content.
Whats the point in having parties, or chanters/warriors anyway if we can just keep soloing everything?

Yes, disable potions in PVP is somewhat a given, else its going to be a contest of who has faster fingers and better connection, but that is going to be a loong time away.

Anyway, I'm assuming that you dont play an archer at high levels so you might not know their fragility. At Lost Expidition or Fathom Crypt, its Very hard to out pot a boss. They do more dps then your pots do hps. Esp with a slight lag.
They can easily kill an archer or a mage within 3 seconds, and thats why I say the pot cooldown duration is fine at 2-3 seconds.

As for the new warriors going in and soloing bosses with the help of potions, I cant really think of a solution. =x

And I've played ALOT of mmorgs. Some enourage potting, some dont, alot just make potting exorbitantly expensive to make it a unwise decision.

Shebee
04-20-2010, 10:43 AM
You are right too, but wouldn't it be a lot more wise to make the system work in a PvP supportive way now already?
Instead of changing it later again?
Also, maybe you took my over exaggeration too seriously, but I think you got my point.
And still, wouldn't it be more fun, and interesting to play if you had (if needed) to use a potion only every 30 secs, still without having any problems, instead of spamming it every 2 seconds?
I just really don't see anything that would be in favor for the potion spamming, it just makes it kind of unfair in a way, I think each role should have a certain responsibility to a certain point.
Tanks try to keep aggro, healers try to keep everyone alive etc.
So tell me, why potions? They are too forgiving for mistakes, e.g. "oops I pulled 10 monsters in a room, ah np I can just keep spamming my potion button".

King Richie
04-20-2010, 11:06 AM
All of these are brilliant ideas i agree completley with the cooldown time and everything but fair (s)ucks for writing it all down that would have taken ages !!

Proud LEGENDS Member

KronicDecay
04-20-2010, 12:43 PM
Might want to edit that post man....

Xanthia
04-20-2010, 01:15 PM
Completely remove pot's altogether!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enchantress's can heal. Make class roles more established, make Enchantress's and Archers more squishy, That will DEFINE a TANK and HEALER and DPS roles, instead of everyone being able to tank, and solo, and heal, and the do everything garbage some players are doing. (Myself included) !! :)

Shebee
04-20-2010, 01:39 PM
Completely remove pot's altogether!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enchantress's can heal. Make class roles more established, make Enchantress's and Archers more squishy, That will DEFINE a TANK and HEALER and DPS roles, instead of everyone being able to tank, and solo, and heal, and the do everything garbage some players are doing. (Myself included) !! :)

Were you being serious.

KronicDecay
04-20-2010, 02:03 PM
I hate bringing old games and using them as examples but I'm going to do it anyway.. Take ultimate online for example : to heal you could either sit and wait, use bandages (which took about 3 seconds to apply) or have someone heal you. I agree that potion spammage is not a good thing and putting even a one second delay on them would make a huge difference and give healers another reason to be needed

Shebee
04-20-2010, 02:26 PM
Applying a even 10sec cooldown on potions is not enough, they will still be a great dependency on your performance.
But by making it at least 30 sec, and instead of pressing that pot buttong youd have your ability to regen mana for example.
What is it that makes you want those potions? Are you addicted to use potions or what?
Why can't we play in a way where potions don't matter much..

No seriously, someone give me an argument against my idea that would be in favor for the potions, give me one, please even one good reason why it is better to have potions as our main income source than abilities?

Currently its just like, oh **** i need mana, ill tap a couple of times on that button. Why not get rid of mana completely and just remove the mana costs on skills entirely?

Banned
04-20-2010, 02:31 PM
Jesus, more stuff people are having a problem with. The classes have ALREADY been screwed up because of peoples complaining, can we just leave how it is.

Shebee
04-20-2010, 02:51 PM
Jesus, more stuff people are having a problem with. The classes have ALREADY been screwed up because of peoples complaining, can we just leave how it is.

Can you stop criticizing and making stupid comments on every damn post please?
If you have nothing to constructive to say, just keep your mouth shut and play the game if you feel its working fine.

Banned
04-20-2010, 03:52 PM
Can you stop criticizing and making stupid comments on every damn post please?
If you have nothing to constructive to say, just keep your mouth shut and play the game if you feel its working fine.

The fact of the matter is that if I do keep my mouth such the classes are going to keep gettig screwed even further.

Shebee
04-20-2010, 04:06 PM
You were obviously playing an archer.

Banned
04-20-2010, 04:09 PM
Archer FTW?

Xanthia
04-20-2010, 04:13 PM
Were you being serious.
Yes I was being serious. NO pots would force them to fix the problems surrounding ALL classes instead of just throwing bandaids at it.

Banned
04-20-2010, 04:22 PM
But what if we lose damage and there isn't a healer around?

Shebee
04-20-2010, 04:40 PM
But what if we lose damage and there isn't a healer around?

When was the last time you played a MMO that consisted only of DPS classes?

Banned
04-20-2010, 04:47 PM
When was the last time you played a MMO that consisted only of DPS classes?

What are you talking about? Where in my post do I mention anything relavent to that? He or she said that they thought they should eliminate pots. I said what if there are no healers around and we begin to take damage. I'm not understanding what you mean by that.

Flamin
04-20-2010, 04:51 PM
You need to edit your post alot, and here is just one edit suggestion:

(the current items in this game) are just very confusing and partly make no sense.

Or something like that.

Xanthia
04-20-2010, 04:51 PM
Everyone will have to develop the mentality of "We need a healer to adventure" This will provide a much harder scale of gameplay and also like I said earlier, "Define Roles of DPS, Tank, and Healer" Instead of how we have it now as like Shebee said just DPS which is absolutely horrible IMO. We need more diversity in all the classes and the DEV's need to let us define our roles.

Banned
04-20-2010, 04:52 PM
You need to edit your post alot, and here is just one edit suggestion:

(the current items in this game) are just very confusing and partly make no sense.

Or something like that.

Who are you directing that message to o.o.

Flamin
04-20-2010, 04:55 PM
Hello.

Please take your time and read my entire post before posting any comments or criticism, I also would highly appreciate if developers would take a look at my post. Anyway, lets start.

What we have now is problems with mana, unbalanced damage, certain skills, attributes, potions, items, class roles and the list goes on.
One of my biggest concerns are the potion, mana and attribute/skill problems at the moment.
I'll try to keep this short.
Almost every class runs out of mana in just 20 seconds or so, and has to keep potting that mana to keep on going.
The healer role is currently literally non-existent, who needs a healer when I can easily out heal incoming damage with potions?
More and more, we see weird builds, enchanters and warriors running around with crossbows and daggers, that doesn't make sense.
Now you might say "why? it does more damage", yes it does, but is this "working as intended"? I doubt that.
Also, although warriors received a buff recently, my 2h warrior still hits like a napkin, and does less dps than my lvl 15-something archer.
Items are just very confusing and partly make no sense.

These problems are not only because of the way items were designed, but also because of the current attribute system.
There are too many stats, that go together with too little attributes.
If the developers plan to keep 3 attributes for all the current stats, well I doubt it's even possible to balance it out unless they make each class stack 1 attribute.
Eventually we/they have to introduce more attributes or get rid of stats.

Skills are another point that I consider a problem, and I would like to talk about potions here as well.
Instead of us having to keep spamming the potion button constantly, we should work around it.
I have some ideas, I don't mean my way is the only way, I don't really care how they fix this, as long as it eventually gets fixed.
Currently each class uses mana as their resource, with potions we have unlimited resources, which means we can keep on going as long as we want, we can just spam our best skills that cost the mana without any consequence.

One way of working this around could look something like this for example:
Add a ~30 sec cooldown on potions (keep on reading please), have something similar to a rest function which could be used while not fighting, maybe 5-6 sec after using any ability that helps a party member or damages enemies, we could dig deeper on how this could work without problems, but I just want to sum it up by saying, similar to to the way threat works now just the other way round, kinda.
Now our problem is running oom too fast while fighting, we could work this out with adding abilities with something close to 1-3 min cooldowns, that recover mana and possibly some hp instantly, or over time.
These abilities combined with reduced mana costs on skills and wise potion usage, would result in a more fun and interesting gameplay.
This is my point of view of the game right now, there are other minor problems at the moment, but in my eyes these concern me the most, and I won't bother respeccing or buying expansions before therse crucial points for gameplay get worked around.

I aggree with all of this exept the 30 sec cooldown on potions

Banned
04-20-2010, 04:58 PM
Everyone will have to develop the mentality of "We need a healer to adventure" This will provide a much harder scale of gameplay and also like I said earlier, "Define Roles of DPS, Tank, and Healer" Instead of how we have it now as like Shebee said just DPS which is absolutely horrible IMO. We need more diversity in all the classes and the DEV's need to let us define our roles.

Maybe not take away pots, but increase overall difficulty? I'm not quite understanding how the DPS system is bad. The only other MMO I have ever played was Guild Wars and that lasted only a few weeks. What system do most MMO's use?

Xanthia
04-20-2010, 05:07 PM
They do it exactly how I described to you, I have played for Years games like Star Wars Galaxies, World of Warcraft, and Everquest 1 and 2. All of which do not have just DPS, but since you have only a relatively small amount of exp in the MMO world, maybe look at it from my or another perspective because we are not just trying to increase the skill and overall quality of classes or just one class but the games infrastructure, which will provide a much better gaming experience once this game starts adding complex ideas like guild involvement and PVP rolls around. Take a game like Everquest II just for example (24 different playable classes) all of which are needed in Raids and in EVERY group a Healer and Tank and DPS are needed, those are the building blocks of MMO group play.

Shebee
04-20-2010, 05:29 PM
Like xanthia i have played i would dare to say every mmorpg worth mentioning in my life, ive seen games rise and fall, and well currently this game shares some major flaws with the games ive seen falling.
You said you played guild wars, great so have i, i have 8 characters at the max lvl (which is not really important in gw) and ive played every part of the game, gw is not a perfect example as there ia no real tank role, or real end game pve as we know in other games. But it does have different roles, guildwars doesnt even have potions yet still everything works fine with only passive mana regen from items/skills, and a more rapid regen while out of combat. And without any downtime apart from healing the wounded (some of you were concerned about downtime)
Now take a look at tloa and maybe ko, where everything is about who has the most pots and everyrhing focuses on dps mostly, i wonder why they never made it popular.

(sorry for typos im writing from my iphone)

Hurs
04-20-2010, 05:35 PM
Hmm... adding cooldowns to potions...

Definitely not more than 10 seconds unless the Enchantress gets some SERIOUS lovin'.

Shebee
04-20-2010, 05:38 PM
Hmm... adding cooldowns to potions...

Definitely not more than 10 seconds unless the Enchantress gets some SERIOUS lovin'.
People dont seem to get it, im suggestiong to replace potions, notnto remove them and leave us with mana problems, isnt it more fun to play without having to press 2 buttons at the same time? Please read my entire post.

Banned
04-20-2010, 05:40 PM
Thanks for clearing that up. I understand what your saying now.

Hurs
04-20-2010, 05:46 PM
So, after reading your entire post (I admittedly stopped as soon as I saw the 30 second cooldown), I am still not convinced about the 1-3 minute ability. The "rest" ability seems fine, but the idea about a 1-3 minute cooldown ability that restores a portion of hp and mana instantly... that sounds like a potion with a super long cooldown x.x

Zithorio
04-20-2010, 06:23 PM
ZOMG!!! Not another friggin thread on pot cooldown!!! Why is pot spamming bad???!!?! People can choose to play with others, sometimes if you don't take it slow, you die spamming anyway if that appeals to you psychoz who hate the fact that people rarely die spamming!!!!! Jeez!

Shebee
04-21-2010, 01:45 AM
It doesnt have to be instantly, nor does it have to recharge hp in my opinion, it can also recharge over time.
And basically it is a super potion if you like to see it that way but at least im not spamming it and i need to consider using it before i actually do.
And remember, im not trying to sell my idea, im presenting an alternative to pot spamming which ruins gameplay and ****s up the point in having a tank or healer.

Splurd
04-21-2010, 02:06 AM
To all those who say omg join guilds and stuff.

Put it this way. I am playing in fnord servers and when I click "quick join" it tells me, no games available for me to join.
I scroll through the lists of games, and there are no LE, no Fathom Crypt. Nope, I'm all alone. (I play in gmt+8 time zone, to and from work, and abit more at night)

So yeah. finding "organised parties" is realllly hard for me now. So yes, I depend on potions heavily now to supplement my health.

I understand why you guys want organised groups and balanced teams to promote teamwork focused gameplay, but this is an iPhone game, a game played on the go. Its not something I can really devote my time to. I play it when I am bored. When I got 20 minutes to spare waiting for the bus.
I understand why team focused gameplay is fun and enjoyable, but I'm just trying to say that, it does not have to be that way for *all* games.

I personally think that if it should be possible for a character to solo a dungeon (given a high enough level). I think that having a team mate shouldn't be vital, but rather highly encouraged as it will greatly improve the speed of clearing the dungeon and making it easier. This is just my personal opinion of how the game should be. Its like games like Diablo, where you didnt *need* a teammate, but having a team mate made the game more fun. And yes, Diablo had potions.

Shebee
04-21-2010, 04:41 AM
I bought this game to play a mmorpg, and yet everyonr wants it to be loilw diablo?
What aboit adding a random dungeon finder kinda thing, which lets you choose your role and then the game forms a party with a tank healer and rest dps.

Or if you want to solo hack and slash everything okay but add an option to play the like a mmorpg, and reward the people who spend a couple of hours a week playing with better items etc.

Splurd
04-21-2010, 05:05 AM
I bought this game to play a mmorpg, and yet everyonr wants it to be loilw diablo?
What aboit adding a random dungeon finder kinda thing, which lets you choose your role and then the game forms a party with a tank healer and rest dps.

Or if you want to solo hack and slash everything okay but add an option to play the like a mmorpg, and reward the people who spend a couple of hours a week playing with better items etc.

Well, It is just my point of view. It is neither more correct or wrong then your point of view. Its how I'd like the game to be.

In the end its still in the hands of the devs. Do they read and nod their heads in agreement? Or are they busy rolling around on the floor laughing. I think the latter, because they have to be pretty high on something to make a game where a bear and a chicken goes around killing zombies.

Shebee
04-21-2010, 05:27 AM
I just laughed at my post, so many mistakes (im on my iphone)
Anyway, i see your point but at least, hwt rid of he potion problem, if your still against replacing potions with something else, tell me even one good reason or argument.
Edit: added a little idea to my original post.

nerdherd
04-21-2010, 09:49 AM
I agree with Splurd. You shouldn't have to hope that you can find a party to play this game, you should be able to carefully solo levels and without potions we wouldn't be able to do that. Hopefully they'll add some high level instances where you MUST work with a team to even have a chance of survival, but I think the majority of the levels should stay right about where they are at.

In short: I respectfully disagree with your original post. While I think other areas of the game could be tweaked, I'm happy with the way the things you mentioned are working right now.

Shebee
04-21-2010, 10:51 AM
I'm happy as long as they make an end to the potion spamming and come up with some kind of solution that satisfies real players.

Splurd
04-21-2010, 12:02 PM
I just laughed at my post, so many mistakes (im on my iphone)
Anyway, i see your point but at least, hwt rid of he potion problem, if your still against replacing potions with something else, tell me even one good reason or argument.
Edit: added a little idea to my original post.

Because I dont think its broken too badly. Not all classes can simply potion spam their way though a dungeon.
And with out potions, the game becomes too reliant on whatever the replacement is. be it mages or funky skills or whatever new system.

Like I said before, the game be possible for a character to solo a dungeon. Of course team mates = bonus speed + fun, but ultimately I cannot afford to spend time finding a proper group. And so I solo, and soloing needs potions.

I know the concept of soloing on a MMO is stupid, but there are different circumstances here.

Shebee
04-21-2010, 04:46 PM
Because I dont think its broken too badly. Not all classes can simply potion spam their way though a dungeon.
And with out potions, the game becomes too reliant on whatever the replacement is. be it mages or funky skills or whatever new system.

Like I said before, the game be possible for a character to solo a dungeon. Of course team mates = bonus speed + fun, but ultimately I cannot afford to spend time finding a proper group. And so I solo, and soloing needs potions.

I know the concept of soloing on a MMO is stupid, but there are different circumstances here.

What would you think of having all the same dungeons with harder mobs etc longer pot CD, must have a tank and healer etc, that would award more powerful loot.
This way you can solo dungeons while waiting for the bus and the others can enjoy the game in a mmorpg way?

Dexterity
04-21-2010, 06:46 PM
Applying a even 10sec cooldown on potions is not enough, they will still be a great dependency on your performance.
But by making it at least 30 sec, and instead of pressing that pot buttong youd have your ability to regen mana for example.
What is it that makes you want those potions? Are you addicted to use potions or what?
Why can't we play in a way where potions don't matter much..

No seriously, someone give me an argument against my idea that would be in favor for the potions, give me one, please even one good reason why it is better to have potions as our main income source than abilities?
Currently its just like, oh **** i need mana, ill tap a couple of times on that button. Why
not get rid of mana completely and just remove the mana costs on skills entirely?

10 sec cooldown not enough?!?! r u crazy?! on my lv 30 mage i die in 1 sec if i get piled by a boss and like 2 other monsters. Also, idk where ur getting the info that pots are depended on alot the only time i ever use them is if i just died so i can get my hp back up...

setec
04-21-2010, 07:06 PM
10 sec cooldown not enough?!?! r u crazy?! on my lv 30 mage i die in 1 sec if i get piled by a boss and like 2 other monsters. Also, idk where ur getting the info that pots are depended on alot the only time i ever use them is if i just died so i can get my hp back up...

I go through pots on my 3 chars like they are going out of style. Now, if I am with a good group with a healer, I don't really need to pot health and can even survive with no mana. However, if I am with an unbalanced group or I solo, I depend on pots.

As a comparison, in WoW, if I solo (whatever class), I pull alot to attack 1 or 2 enemies at a time and then heal with food, bandages when not in combat.

PL only has pots or maybe a healing ability for your class. And it is hard to selectively pull 1 or 2 enemies on higher levels. Usually you get 3, 4 or more.

Splurd
04-22-2010, 02:21 AM
And it is hard to selectively pull 1 or 2 enemies on higher levels. Usually you get 3, 4 or more.

The trick is to look ugly. Enchantresses are too sexy for their own good.

Shebee
04-22-2010, 07:54 AM
No one except Splurd is taking this thread seriously, nor do they really understand what I meant with my post.
You just keep comparing this to wow and making stupid comments "r u crazzy omgg no i wanna soolo all boss plzz noo".

More people like Splurd, he at least has something to say.
So please, don't post if you don't have anything constructive to say.

Splurd
04-22-2010, 09:20 AM

ummm wow. You totally contradicted your self.
first you say OMG I NEED POTS! BOSSES AND MOSNTERS HURTS
Then you say "oh the only time I ever used them is if I die"

Firstly, double standards.
Secondly, maybe if you potted before you died, you wouldnt.. umm die.

Splurd
04-22-2010, 09:35 AM
No one except Splurd is taking this thread seriously, nor do they really understand what I meant with my post.
You just keep comparing this to wow and making stupid comments "r u crazzy omgg no i wanna soolo all boss plzz noo".

More people like Splurd, he at least has something to say.
So please, don't post if you don't have anything constructive to say.

WoW introduced too many people to mmo gaming and which is why the suggestion forum tends to be full of ideas from WoW.

I honestly dont think the pot spamming issue will be addressed for a long time. Not until bigger balance issues are solved. (like how warriors are a tad over armoured now, or how the stats dont do anything.)

Shebee
04-22-2010, 10:31 AM
WoW introduced too many people to mmo gaming and which is why the suggestion forum tends to be full of ideas from WoW.

I honestly dont think the pot spamming issue will be addressed for a long time. Not until bigger balance issues are solved. (like how warriors are a tad over armoured now, or how the stats dont do anything.)

Yeah, this could be true, I know I might be missing the point that this is a pocket mmo, and you want to get into a game in just a few minutes, without the hassle of getting a group together.
Maybe people should start treating this as a pocket mmo, and not a pc one, ultimately though, it's going to be up to the developers if they take suggestions from inexperienced mmo players or not.

Splurd
04-22-2010, 10:46 AM
Yeah, this could be true, I know I might be missing the point that this is a pocket mmo, and you want to get into a game in just a few minutes, without the hassle of getting a group together.
Maybe people should start treating this as a pocket mmo, and not a pc one, ultimately though, it's going to be up to the developers if they take suggestions from inexperienced mmo players or not.

Then again, honestly speaking, I'm playing on fnord... where its a god dam ghost town.
=(

Shebee
04-22-2010, 10:58 AM
Then again, honestly speaking, I'm playing on fnord... where its a god dam ghost town.
=(

True, maybe they should merge the servers.