PDA

View Full Version : Playing On Droid3 Trying To Get PC Game To Work - Hello!! :-)

GamerX52
08-09-2012, 12:57 PM
Hey,

New player here, (probably obvious considering where you're reading this :star:) love the game so far and I'm about 12 levels in.

I've been playing on my phone and its great but my phone gets so darn hot I thought I'd play on my desktop when the phone gets too hot but all I get is an endless loop of errors from connection, to disconnection, until I finally get a msg. saying "server is down for maintenance".

I'm gong to post the details in the correct forum just thought I'd mention it so you guys know why I only play 45min to an hour or so at a time (phone gets too hot to play any longer than that).

Just don't want you guys to think I'm one of those players that jumps in w/ a group just to beat the quest and once I get the credit leave you hanging. Thats why I want to get the PC version working so it doesn't happen anymore.

My GN is Malial and I look forward to grinding and lvling with you guys day in and day out Once I can figure out how to play on my PC that is...

Livemau
08-14-2012, 09:24 PM
THIS IS NOT A JOKE NOT A TROLL
i had similar problems so i bought a 100ft long cord off ebay for like 8 dollars (US) and it directly connects your computor to the router giving u fast internet without the dcs

GoodSyntax
08-15-2012, 09:08 AM
My Droid 2 Global does the same thing. Fortunately, I have a tablet as well, so I just alternate.

Pocket Legends is just very demanding on the GPU...not much can be done about that.

As for the PC, try uninstalling the Chrome Extension and reinstalling it. I don't have any issues with PL on the PC, so it sounds like configuration is a little wonky.

I can say that if you don't have a respectable GPU (integrated or discrete) and the drivers aren't up-to-date, you can't take advantage of hardware based acceleration, so you will experience a ton of lag and the CPU will be pegged at or near 100% all the time.

GoodSyntax
08-15-2012, 09:12 AM
Try turning on pixel double if overheating continues to be an issue. That option will reduce the demand on the GPU so it should run a bit cooler.

All pixel double does is render the screen in a lower resolution and stretches the frame to fill the screen. Probably cuts the GPU usage by ~30% which may help with the temperatures.