PDA

View Full Version : Plat Sale on iOS taking time to get out there

Samhayne
08-09-2012, 01:58 PM
Hey everyone,

We just patched up the 40% off Platinum Sale in Pocket Legends. For users on iOS devices, they are not showing the correct prices currently. We believe this issues stems from delay in the price changes getting through iTunes, as they are priced correctly in our App Portal. Give it a few and the sale price should come through.

Nick41324
08-09-2012, 02:05 PM
Android? :(

Jcyee
08-09-2012, 02:18 PM
Hmm. Cool. Maybe ill buy some ;)

Samhayne
08-09-2012, 02:18 PM
Android? :(

Android and users playing on Chrome have the sale prices. The sale lasts through Monday. Enjoy!

Rockxout
08-09-2012, 03:43 PM
Awesome a sale 2 days after I buy another 2000 plat. Got to love that. Just curious as to why no emails were sent or even a heads up to people that buy a lot of plat. Kind of feal like I don't want to buy any plat anymore after that. Log on to get a slap in the face of discounted platinum. Awesome.

Register
08-09-2012, 03:45 PM
Awesome a sale 2 days after I buy another 2000 plat. Got to love that. Just curious as to why no emails were sent or even a heads up to people that buy a lot of plat. Kind of feal like I don't want to buy any plat anymore after that. Log on to get a slap in the face of discounted platinum. Awesome.

It's not as much of a pleasant surprise when we get a heads up, huh? Nothing we can do about it, though.

Energizeric
08-09-2012, 03:47 PM
I doubt any business is going to send you an email which says "don't buy our product now because next week it will be on sale for less money".

Rockxout
08-09-2012, 03:57 PM
That is wrong. I get emails from lotro still about sales. Haven't played that game in over 2 years probably. But ya as a businessman I would let my valued paying customers know when we would have sales. So would You want to get a persons money for one sale or a valued spender that is always gonna buy it no matter what.

Samhayne
08-09-2012, 04:01 PM

Rockout, contact our support team and we'll make it right by you. Support@spacetimestudios.com

Rockxout
08-10-2012, 06:28 PM
Was not made right. So I was like eh what ever at first right. But than I log on and someone in my guild was talking about how they got there difference. Sweet.

Bebsi
08-10-2012, 06:34 PM
Rockout, contact our support team and we'll make it right by you. Support@spacetimestudios.com

No, they won't. I contacted them.
Combined over my accounts I've bought over 50.000 plat and all they say is, that they can't help with sales prior to the special even if it's just a few days...

That's a little bit disappointing, but u know what I did afterwards?
I bought two more plat packs.

Sometimes it would be nice to get an email prior to the specials, just because we (the ones that buy regularly) support u guys all along the way.
There were many ups and downs in PL but I would buy plat all the time...
And no, this is not a rant. It's just a conclusion how u treat ur loyal customers.
A short message like hey, next week there will be plat sales wouldn't have broke u a leg.
In fact I would have bought more to stock up.
Maybe it's just me but wherever I worked we cared about our loyal customers satisfaction.
That being said, I'll move on.

Rockxout
08-10-2012, 06:41 PM
No, they won't. I contacted them.
Combined over my accounts I've bought over 50.000 plat and all they say is, that they can't help with sales prior to the special even if it's just a few days...

That's a little bit disappointing, but u know what I did afterwards?
I bought two more plat packs.

Sometimes it would be nice to get an email prior to the specials, just because we (the ones that buy regularly) support u guys all along the way.
There were many ups and downs in PL but I would buy plat all the time...
And no, this is not a rant. It's just a conclusion how u treat ur loyal customers.
A short message like hey, next week there will be plat sales wouldn't have broke u a leg.
In fact I would have bought more to stock up.
Maybe it's just me but wherever I worked we cared about our loyal customers satisfaction.
That being said, I'll move on.

No some one in my guild said they did get it. Was talking about it when I logged on asking if I got mine. I bought 8000 past month alone monster bashing and lvling 2 toons to 71 and one to 70. I agree with what you are saying 100%. Although I'll never buy anymore platinum.

vampinoy
08-10-2012, 08:03 PM
Bought more than you :P Don't see anything wrong with it, discounts are promos (you should be thankful) and promos don't have price shields/protection/etc. (whatever it's called in your state/country). Not to mention, early discount announcements have been proven over and over to be damaging to any business that sells elastic goods, I own one, I never announce early, the slashes in margins are enough losses already. Only businesses with inelastic goods (food, medicine, electricity, etc.) do this because most inelastic goods are necessary goods to maintain lifestyle so even if there's early announcement of discount people will still buy because there's immediate need and they cannot hoard for a later date (unless you're on a diet or something :P), and definitely platinum is not inelastic so people can afford to hoard it for a later date. So if you're STS financial guy, if your marketing arm announces discounts early, not only will you project the potential 40% deviation on regular margins due to discounts, but you will also predict on how much deviation losses in sales will you incur due to hoarding. That's heavy.

You mention customer service? Stabbings yourself and letting your customers drink your blood is not customer service, that's stupidity and self-flagellation. Always consider two sides of the coin. In customer service, a biz needs to help themselves first before they can help their customers not other way around, that's reality and that's how it's supposed to be. Any employee who will say his company needs to lose money (discount is not a loss but an investment and all business consider this an operating expense, hoarding is not investment since it affects the income side and slows down cashflow - a loss) so they can help their customer should fire that person immediately. Basically, one cannot "demand" from a promo because you have no idea what goes on behind the scenes in the company, like how did they even come up with the 40% why not 30%? Why was a discount even released in the first place? What triggered it? They can't be that "loco", they need basis too. You don't know those things, there's a reason why they didn't announce it too, they're not that stupid to overlook it. Anyway, that's very very basic dynamic. Given what I said, I'm pretty sure STS will gladly accept that they lose your platinum in exchange for avoiding a hoarding scenario :P

PS: Tsk...still need to work on shortening my posts sorry :P

Rockxout
08-10-2012, 09:08 PM
Bought more than you :P Don't see anything wrong with it, discounts are promos (you should be thankful) and promos don't have price shields. Not to mention, early discount announcements are damaging to any business, I own one, I never announce early, the slashes in margins are enough losses already. Only businesses with inelastic goods (food, medicine, electricity, etc.) do this because most inelastic goods are necessary goods to maintain lifestyle so even if there's early announcement of discount people will still buy because there's immediate need and they cannot hoard for a later date (unless you're on a diet or something :P), and definitely platinum is not inelastic so people can afford to hoard it for a later date. So if you're STS financial guy, if your marketing arm announces discounts early, not only will you compute for the potential 40% deviation on regular margins due to discounts, but you will also predict on how much deviation losses in sales will you incur due to hoarding. That's double black eye.

You mention customer service? Stabbings yourself and letting your customers drink your blood is not customer service, that's stupidity and self-flagellation. Consider two sides of the coin. In customer service, a biz needs to help themselves first before helping their customers not other way around, that's reality and that's how it's supposed to be. Any employee who will say his company needs to lose money (discount is not a loss but an investment and all business consider this an operating expense, hoarding causes loss because it slows down cashflow while expenses remain the same) so they can help their customer should fire that person immediately. Basically, one cannot "demand" a promo because you have no idea what goes on behind the scenes in the company, like how did they even come up with the 40% why not 30%? You don't know those things, there's a reason why they didn't announce it too, they're not that stupid to overlook it, and most likely it's the one I mentioned because that's how I do it in my small empire, that still applies even in bigger empires like STS. Anyway, that's very very basic. Given what I said, I'm pretty sure STS will gladly accept that they lose your platinum in exchange for avoiding a hoarding scenario :P

PS: Tsk...still need to work on shortening my posts sorry :P

Glad to see you on the sts bandwagon after the uproar over elite weapons. Thing is other people got the difference refunded in platinum on the purchase they made and I didn't. But whatever ya know. Starting to think u just like trolling people. How come this isn't as big of a problem to you as the pixels. This money were talking about. But not yours so I guess I get it.

vampinoy
08-10-2012, 09:35 PM
Glad to see you on the sts bandwagon after the uproar over elite weapons. Thing is other people got the difference refunded in platinum on the purchase they made and I didn't. But whatever ya know. Starting to think u just like trolling people. How come this isn't as big of a problem to you as the pixels. This money were talking about. But not yours so I guess I get it.

I hope you get your refund. You should email to support. I speak based on experience...I never tell my customers they can't refund whatever they bought from me without me first telling them everything they need to know including price volatility. Not to mention I've never seen or practiced a price adjustment of 700% based on economies of scale (the only way to properly justify price movements), that's an obvious mistake on the seller's part already, mistake means refund. That was a different issue.

At the same time, I also never announce discounts ahead of time...because I will lose more than what I ask. Those are two different issue. I'm simply relating my own experiences. I switch sides from time to time, depending on who's right in my opinion, I don't agree/disagree with people, but I do with their opinions, so you can see me bandwagoning here, sometimes there, I see opinions not people :P Maybe if you give me dark chocolate I'll bandwagon with you all the time :P I really wanted to agree with you...since I also bought thousands of platinum recently, but I just couldn't criticize STS for it, because I would then be contradicting what I practice in real life...so...yeah.

PS: I don't troll people...I just like to talk a lot of gibberish before getting to my point :P I still don't agree with that Elite Weapon issue, but I agree with them on this one, I can disagree with them again later...depends on the issue :P Anyway, I just shared my opinion, no intention to stay longer like usual since STS is already directly involved (Somebody said he emailed support). So good luck! with that refund once again :P

Bebsi
08-10-2012, 09:49 PM
Well, u don't get my point.
I just told u that I was buying plat nonetheless, Vampinoy.
It would've been a nice gesture, if they distinguished between customers like we do in our business.
Customers that fund us regularly get presents here and there and of course we update them on upcoming events.
I never said they should make a public announcement months before so the plat sales would completely stop.
The support got a request, they don't wanna help, so I'll move on.

Rockxout
08-10-2012, 10:34 PM
I also contacted support sorry if I was unclear. Me and another person sent the emails yesterday about same time. When I logged on today after work they were telling they had got there's returned. So I was like oh ya sweet let me go check my email. Only to get the same email bebsi probably did. That's only reason I was upset. How come they got it and I didn't. Although logging in and seeing the prices it's mighty tempting to just hoard up on it now.

modredd
08-10-2012, 11:39 PM
It haas been my experience that there are varying degrees of courtesy and respect in the customer service department some of them are downright rude and some of them are incredibly generous and kind when you have an issue.
I tried to report one once and this person said there is nobody above me I have the final say! True story.
I've been dealing with them for almost 3 years!