PDA

View Full Version : Jewel rework suggestion - qol improvement and streamlined system

Hriv
10-09-2022, 03:51 PM
I'd like to make a suggestion regarding jewels system because I feel like there are too many jewels currently in the game. And when I say jewels I mean ranks, not types. In my opinion this often gets confusing. In my view things would stay this way.

You will have the base jewel of each type (mind, chaos, fury, nature and so on)
Instead of requesting 3x each rank to further upgrade those jewels it will require a standardised reagent called
jewel fragment. Fragments will drop everywere around arlor. Existing jewel elixirs will be replaced with Jewel fragment elixir.
Upgrading a jewel to a superior rank will take a certain number of fragments and gold.
Existing jewels can be converted into new ranks and those new jewels can also be converted in fragments by player. Due to conversion there will be too many ranks of various kinds in the game so people may feel the need of converting those so theu can further upgrade one jewel or a set of jewels. For example if a player decide he has too many rank 3 jewels, he may choose to convert those into fragments at a fixed rate (1 rank 3 jewel will give 150 fragments)

Ex:

(2 int) Mind jewel rank 1 - Can be bough from npc for 50k gold
Mind jewel rank 2 - will require 200 fragments and 20000 gold
Mind jewel rank 3 - will require 300 fragments and 30000 gold
Mind jewel rank 4 - will require 400 fragments and 40000 gold
Mind jewel rank 5 - will require 500 fragments and 50000 gold
Mind jewel rank 6 - will require 600 fragments and 60000 gold
and so on until rank 10 (15 int) that will require 1000 fragments 100000 gold

A total of 6500 fragments will be required in order to upgrade a jewel from rank 1 (base) up to rank 10
Different ranks can still be won in events.

This will streamline the process and will allow players to have a better inventory management as long as a better understanding about the required number of items and gold needed for an upgrade.

Of course this is just my first thought and this ideea could be improved further.
Let me know what do you think!

asommers
10-09-2022, 04:34 PM
Ranks are a little nuts, but it does allow lower level players to create consumables for higher level players. I don't think we really intended a single player to create flawless jewels from ~30K cracked jewels (although now that I think about it, it would be an impressive feat!)

-ALS

Hriv
10-09-2022, 05:27 PM
Keeping cracked would be even better as it won't affect the player's knowledge on the item, but instead it will have a streamlined crafting experience. So basically instead of fragments we'll keep cracked.