View Full Version : Seriously?

Takezaki
08-09-2012, 09:55 PM
STS is commiting business suicide everytime they release a vanity outfit only to cut the price by half 2 weeks later after most people already bought it... Same goes for the biomorph bundle... I just dont see myself buying anything at full price ever again... This is frustrating.

MayaNatsume
08-09-2012, 10:08 PM
STS is commiting business suicide everytime they release a vanity outfit only to cut the price by half 2 weeks later after most people already bought it... Same goes for the biomorph bundle... I just dont see myself buying anything at full price ever again... This is frustrating.

Agree x 2, Im not going to buy anything again.......:chargrined:

Kaytar
08-09-2012, 10:30 PM
Was pretty disappointed when I saw that, oh well.....

Floating
08-10-2012, 04:37 AM
What are we talking about people :/ Sorry I am on vacs and cant rly go ingame :$

XchilangopwnX
08-10-2012, 04:47 AM
They have made a sale. In game the weapon and vanity plat packets are half off their original price.

The Batman was 20 plat and right now it costs 10 plat, etc.

RedRyder
08-10-2012, 05:06 AM
I bought a pair of shoes for about $200 once. They lost value literally a week later and were worth about $70. I'm sorry, but I didn't cry about it either. It happens, that's life. Things lose value, things go on sale. If it really bothers you that bad then don't buy anything unless and if there is a sale again.

Takezaki
08-10-2012, 05:16 AM
I bought a pair of shoes for about $200 once. They lost value literally a week later and were worth about $70. I'm sorry, but I didn't cry about it either. It happens, that's life. Things lose value, things go on sale. If it really bothers you that bad then don't buy anything unless and if there is a sale again.

That is such a bad example. I don't know where you live, but in canada when you buy something and the price changes in the next following 30 days, you can go and get the balance back granted you still have the receipt.

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that your shoes did not come on the market the day you bought them and one week later were worth about 70$, that NEVER happens. Depreciation over time is one thing. Things deliberately losing half their value in a week or so is another.

And didn't I mention the case of the Biomorph bundle that wasn't even supposed to come back?

All I'm saying here is I am happy to pay for these things, but they are slapping good customers in the face everytime they let people buy an item at half price one week after others have paid in full.

I'm Siri
08-10-2012, 05:26 AM
Never buy never lose.
Or learn this from my mum.
Only buy thing when Onsale.
Especially STS game:) lol

nomad187
08-10-2012, 05:36 AM
That is such a bad example. I don't know where you live, but in canada when you buy something and the price changes in the next following 30 days, you can go and get the balance back granted you still have the receipt.

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that your shoes did not come on the market the day you bought them and one week later were worth about 70$, that NEVER happens. Depreciation over time is one thing. Things deliberately losing half their value in a week or so is another.

And didn't I mention the case of the Biomorph bundle that wasn't even supposed to come back?

All I'm saying here is I am happy to pay for these things, but they are slapping good customers in the face everytime they let people buy an item at half price one week after others have paid in full.

I do agree with you. They are bring pretty shady at this point.

Red did use a bad example. The better example is a new car. If you buy a brand new car it losses 20-30% in value a soon as you sign the papers.

RedRyder
08-10-2012, 06:12 AM

I do agree with you. They are bring pretty shady at this point.

Red did use a bad example. The better example is a new car. If you buy a brand new car it losses 20-30% in value a soon as you sign the papers.

You guys must've never heard of sneaker collectors. Its like what players call merching in PL. camping out for new releases then selling high. Sometimes you get lucky and make a lot of money (I've bought a pair for $90 once and resold for $300+ within the week) and sometimes the hype doesn't follow through and you lose a lot of money.

Still a bad example? I think not. At least do some research before ganging up on someone.

Cahaun
08-10-2012, 06:21 AM

Actually it was a good example

Takezaki
08-10-2012, 06:49 AM
Oh of course it was!

RedRyder
08-10-2012, 06:59 AM
Oh of course it was!

Welp, if you're still all hurt over it, then don't buy anything. They're not required to play the game.

Floating
08-10-2012, 07:26 AM

Thy did nothin for gold vanities. They did nothing for biomorph. They wont do anything for the plat vans. I can assure u

Junside
08-10-2012, 07:34 AM
I bought some things at full price just a few days ago. Jun is sad

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Takezaki
08-10-2012, 07:35 AM
Nevermind. I'm done with this thread, my point was made.

sun light
08-10-2012, 08:51 AM
agree. but dont forget, be first cost more..
50% sometimes its cool.
a month ago they did 50% of plat purches
so? u could buy then and its like u buy all bundels by 50%

Zaonabiuibil
08-10-2012, 10:56 AM
agree. but dont forget, be first cost more..
50% sometimes its cool.
a month ago they did 50% of plat purches
so? u could buy then and its like u buy all bundels by 50%

Buy plat half off, then buy the sets half off ;) Even better

StompArtist
08-10-2012, 10:58 AM

Don't you love it when you find the t-shirt you bought for 30$ at Marshall's for 2$. LOL

StompArtist
08-10-2012, 11:00 AM
...but the OP is right, the prices change by a too much over too short of a period of time.

To use the example, if all shoes would go down by half within a month every time shoes are put on the shelves no one would ever buy new shoes: just wait a month...