PDA

View Full Version : Game start up

ojilles
04-20-2010, 09:43 AM
I'm assuming most users, when they get a chance, would love to start the game as quickly as possible. With the new app around the corner that has a "remember password" feature it would be really cool to jump immediately to the main menu when starting the application (assuming I've had remember password checked the last time).

That way I'm ready to drop into a game without needing to do anything (skipping login, realm selection, etc)!

SMELTN
04-20-2010, 09:47 AM
I do agree that it takes a while to get into game. You have to connect twice and wait on it to make the connection (once when you put in your password and second time when you actually try and select the character you want to play)

Garrison
04-20-2010, 10:14 AM
Sorry, I don't see it. My password is 15 characters long, but even with typing it every time and logging in (plus having to exit the app entirely and restart if it didn't make a server connection) I'd estimate less than 30 seconds from starting the app to playing. I guess I don't really notice it, and I'd be annoyed if I didn't have a chance to go to towne, review my inventory, visit the shop, etc. before starting a level.

Well, now that I've thought more about it, I suppose selecting the realm each time gets old. But that may be because my characters are all on the same server right now.

Eh, whatever. I just thought I'd throw it out there that the log-in time isn't a big issue for me.

Splurd
04-20-2010, 10:16 AM
I think the 10 seconds or so it takes is hardly worth worrying about.
30 seoncds is... long?

my password is around 8 chars long, and since the log in and select realm server button are the in same spot, I just tap tap and I'm in.

The remember password thing will make life easier though