PDA

View Full Version : Ascension.

Ploid
10-12-2022, 04:07 PM
Hi,

We rarely have any use of skill-points nowadays. Only place left to spend our skill-points are useless masteries.

So with the upcoming expansion (maybe sooner), I'd like an ascension system to be in place. A class can evolve into 2 different subclass and be more specialized in what they want to do.

It won't change anything related to gear or vanities. There won't be a need to redesign weapons.

For example:

Sorcerer can evolve into Enchanters or Battle-Mages.

1) Each sub-class will have access to different skills.

2) The other sub-class won't be able to pick the skills of other.

3) Respec Scroll won't remove or change your subclass. However, it can be reset to default by paying 500 plats for example.

(Enchanter)

1) Enchanters are basically a support class

2) There's an unspoken consensus that no one likes to play supportive and everyone want to be the one to kill boss but I beg to differ.

The only reason everyone wants to be able to kill everything themselves and not support is because supporting has no impact. And that it would be faster to run without a supporting member.

Looking at other popular games, people do like enjoy playing a supportive role but only when it has a significant impact on the outcome of the gameplay.

To do this, I propose few abilities specific to Enchanter sub-class of sorcerers.

1) Astral Blessing: Blesses all allies in a radius around the caster with 400% stacking damage.

2) Divine Curse: Reduces the damage dealt by mobs around caster by 70%.

3) Unholy Mist (Basically Horn of Renew): Grants invulnerability to all allies near the caster, heals them, and remove all debuffs.

4) Screech: Reduces armor of all enemy units nearby by 50% on normal cast. Reduces armor of a single unit by 95% on charged cast (targets the enemy with the highest %health within a radius of the caster)

These abilities would definitely make the enchanter feel impactful. The numbers on these skills are arbitrary. They could be changed for balance and scale with your primary stats.

Anyways, these are some suggestion from me for Enchanter sub-class for Mages. Feel free to add what you would like your class to be specialized into.

PS: I am bored and optimistic that AL becomes more fantasy-like.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

asommers
10-14-2022, 12:16 PM
I'll add this to the list of threads related to the skill revamp (https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?622645-Community-Suggestions-List).

-ALS

Fytheo
10-15-2022, 06:49 AM
The masteries are not useless. Period.

Ploid
10-15-2022, 12:30 PM
The masteries are not useless. Period.Ah yes, the decrease mana cost of aimed shot is very useful.

Fytheo
10-15-2022, 01:46 PM
Ah yes, the decrease mana cost of aimed shot is very useful.

Try it in pvp! ☺️☺️

tailwarrior
10-15-2022, 02:28 PM
Hi,

We rarely have any use of skill-points nowadays. Only place left to spend our skill-points are useless masteries.

So with the upcoming expansion (maybe sooner), I'd like an ascension system to be in place. A class can evolve into 2 different subclass and be more specialized in what they want to do.

It won't change anything related to gear or vanities. There won't be a need to redesign weapons.

For example:

Sorcerer can evolve into Enchanters or Battle-Mages.

1) Each sub-class will have access to different skills.

2) The other sub-class won't be able to pick the skills of other.

3) Respec Scroll won't remove or change your subclass. However, it can be reset to default by paying 500 plats for example.

(Enchanter)

1) Enchanters are basically a support class

2) There's an unspoken consensus that no one likes to play supportive and everyone want to be the one to kill boss but I beg to differ.

The only reason everyone wants to be able to kill everything themselves and not support is because supporting has no impact. And that it would be faster to run without a supporting member.

Looking at other popular games, people do like enjoy playing a supportive role but only when it has a significant impact on the outcome of the gameplay.

To do this, I propose few abilities specific to Enchanter sub-class of sorcerers.

1) Astral Blessing: Blesses all allies in a radius around the caster with 400% stacking damage.

2) Divine Curse: Reduces the damage dealt by mobs around caster by 70%.

3) Unholy Mist (Basically Horn of Renew): Grants invulnerability to all allies near the caster, heals them, and remove all debuffs.

4) Screech: Reduces armor of all enemy units nearby by 50% on normal cast. Reduces armor of a single unit by 95% on charged cast (targets the enemy with the highest %health within a radius of the caster)

These abilities would definitely make the enchanter feel impactful. The numbers on these skills are arbitrary. They could be changed for balance and scale with your primary stats.

Anyways, these are some suggestion from me for Enchanter sub-class for Mages. Feel free to add what you would like your class to be specialized into.

PS: I am bored and optimistic that AL becomes more fantasy-like.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk+1 nice suggestion

Most people prefer damage class. Even some warriors(most [emoji38]) wants to do damage compared to support. Might as well give all classes op support skills and damage skills.

It's their choice to select if it's it a damage sub-class or support sub-class. It adds variety to the game.
But there is one condition, support class skills be very op that damage classes should feel the impact of it. At the end of the day efficiency(fastest way to make gold [emoji385][emoji385]) is what matters the most in this game.

Sent from my M2010J19CI using Tapatalk