PDA

View Full Version : name change message

LwMark
08-10-2012, 02:54 PM
Ok so its not really a big deal at all but i have been very intrested in seeing what happens when you log on after someone else take your name. When you go inactive for a certain amount of time, an someone emails devs askin for name they can get it , but what happens for that person? Is there a message sayin sorry youve been inactive , or does it just bring you immediatly to name change place? Im just curious, also does anyone have a ollddd acount that they havent log onto for 2 years, maybe you can email devs asking for that name an see what happens, anyways thx just curious, k bye

Rare
08-10-2012, 03:53 PM
Are there any limitation to this? For instance, I'd assume that if someone bought plat they could not lose their name.

Or what is the statue of limitation for names?

Zeus
08-10-2012, 03:58 PM
I'm guessing they'd just have to choose another name.

It IS STS's game. They can control all the software on it. You sign a TOS which allows you to use their software, it does not allow you to own it. The entire game is STS's property. Legally, our characters which WE spent money on are not even ours, but STS's.

Look at it this way...if they did not have interest then, do you really think they are going to have interest when they come back? Are they even going to remember the name they named their char?

IMO, just to avoid this issue, STS should add a disclaimer in their TOS regarding names & name changes.

Worship
08-10-2012, 04:01 PM
I'm guessing they'd just have to choose another name.

It IS STS's game. They can control all the software on it. You sign a TOS which allows you to use their software, it does not allow you to own it. The entire game is STS's property. Legally, our characters which WE spent money on are not even ours, but STS's.

Look at it this way...if they did not have interest then, do you really think they are going to have interest when they come back? Are they even going to remember the name they named their char?

IMO, just to avoid this issue, STS should add a disclaimer in their TOS regarding names & name changes.

Exactly, that is why they are allowed to ban anyone as they please.

On Topic= I have a really old account. (Havent been active since 2010)
But unfortunately.. I forgot the account's name :disturbed:

LwMark
08-10-2012, 08:26 PM
Ye im just curious to see what happens when u log on an yur name is gone

razerfingers
08-10-2012, 11:38 PM
My account is from 2010... But im active :))

Sent using spray paint from a "can"