PDA

View Full Version : Test Server

Spintop
10-14-2022, 09:56 PM
I asked about a test server there wasn’t any toxicity on my thread and it was deleted it was a genuine question I understand your frustration with the recent toxicity but may I ask why my thread was deleted I did nothing wrong and was respectful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ploid
10-15-2022, 08:45 PM
@asommers @Cinco

While toxicity is an entirely different matter, I just feel it's very upsetting and irresponsible of devs to release weapons in an unfinished state.

I have been told by others that Cinco said that the Arcane 81 weapons were already finished in January this season yet they had such a bad and unbalanced release 10 months later. Why?

It's not a nice thing to use live servers for testing of items and gears.

If AL doesn't have a budget to host a testing server, just give the weapons to select few players who hold the title of "creator", let them test it, and provide feedback.

Obviously, the gears would be account bounded, any runs done with em will result in no loots, and any runs done with them won't count towards lb.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Avaree
10-16-2022, 12:51 PM
@asommers @Cinco

While toxicity is an entirely different matter, I just feel it's very upsetting and irresponsible of devs to release weapons in an unfinished state.

I have been told by others that Cinco said that the Arcane 81 weapons were already finished in January this season yet they had such a bad and unbalanced release 10 months later. Why?

It's not a nice thing to use live servers for testing of items and gears.

If AL doesn't have a budget to host a testing server, just give the weapons to select few players who hold the title of "creator", let them test it, and provide feedback.

Obviously, the gears would be account bounded, any runs done with em will result in no loots, and any runs done with them won't count towards lb.

STS used to have a test server, some players were able to test the new content, problem was some of these players used what they learned to their advantage and capitalized what would be needed to advance certain craft-able items, told their buddies what to hoard/sell for profit.

I do agree to allow players to test weapons b4 releasing, but not a select few, allow all end game players to test for a limited amount of time. This way everyone that’s active has the opportunity to give raw feed back.

Ploid
10-16-2022, 09:13 PM
STS used to have a test server, some players were able to test the new content, problem was some of these players used what they learned to their advantage and capitalized what would be needed to advance certain craft-able items, told their buddies what to hoard/sell for profit.

I do agree to allow players to test weapons b4 releasing, but not a select few, allow all end game players to test for a limited amount of time. This way everyone that’s active has the opportunity to give raw feed back.What I meant by select few is AL Youtuber who can record the gears with details. Devs could take the feedback and adjust prior to release to the masses.

They could have terms attached to this opportunity. If these players are found abusing the gears in any way, shape, or form. They will no longer have access to these gears or future gears anymore as well as possible ban.

Giving these weapons to everyone will be very chaotic. And many players will lose anticipation of trying the weapons first-hand. It'll also be hard to monitor all the players and will be hard to read thousands of feedback and filtering to find the constructive ones.

QuaseT
10-17-2022, 06:34 AM
What I meant by select few is AL Youtuber who can record the gears with details. Devs could take the feedback and adjust prior to release to the masses.

They could have terms attached to this opportunity. If these players are found abusing the gears in any way, shape, or form. They will no longer have access to these gears or future gears anymore as well as possible ban.

Giving these weapons to everyone will be very chaotic. And many players will lose anticipation of trying the weapons first-hand. It'll also be hard to monitor all the players and will be hard to read thousands of feedback and filtering to find the constructive ones.

Sent from my GM1913 using TapatalkAs mentioned it was used for personal benefit. I dont trust people and someone can easily edit his videos to lay out rng procs in their favour or show different stats for their benefit. If there were people to test them it should be the most experienced players ingame bc everybody can load up a video on youtube. This is just unfair anyways imo.

Ploid
10-17-2022, 09:32 AM
As mentioned it was used for personal benefit. I dont trust people and someone can easily edit his videos to lay out rng procs in their favour or show different stats for their benefit. If there were people to test them it should be the most experienced players ingame bc everybody can load up a video on youtube. This is just unfair anyways imo.U have a point about editing of videos for abuse. However, any intentional incorrect interpretation would get them blacklisted from future testing and possibly banned.

AL YouTubers (Encryptions, Marsuu, Illegal) are pretty honest people. They aren't likely to bend things for their personal benefit (let's ignore the encryption incident). It's the fastest way to reach out to the masses.

Other games have beta environments where some players can test, but still the content creators are the fastest way to reach out to most players.

|Ares|
10-17-2022, 11:34 AM
U have a point about editing of videos for abuse. However, any intentional incorrect interpretation would get them blacklisted from future testing and possibly banned.

AL YouTubers (Encryptions, Marsuu, Illegal) are pretty honest people. They aren't likely to bend things for their personal benefit (let's ignore the encryption incident). It's the fastest way to reach out to the masses.

Other games have beta environments where some players can test, but still the content creators are the fastest way to reach out to most players.

What's the point of pushing AL Youtube agenda for 20 people that actually watch those videos with another 10 that maybe subscribed to any channel currently.
Beta test AL server was initially good idea, bringing that back is better solution at this point.

Encryptions
10-17-2022, 12:09 PM
What's the point of pushing AL Youtube agenda for 20 people that actually watch those videos with another 10 that maybe subscribed to any channel currently.
Beta test AL server was initially good idea, bringing that back is better solution at this point.

Test server is bad imo. Point of a game is to advance and learn new things, giving people access to all things just allows them to get everything free of cost and possibly quit since mentally they know everything, it results in boredom.
Those "20" viewers do love what I post.

Mythocrisis
10-17-2022, 02:03 PM
Bring test servers for the entire community.
Honest or not, stop favouring select few.

That's the death of everything.

Better to get opinions from everyone, old /young, pro/noob, all class, social/nonsocial etc ALL who devotes time to the game.

Many games have a seperate server designed to test and anyone can enter within stipulated periods. If they don't try it's their loss on information and whatnot.

Ploid
10-17-2022, 02:39 PM
Beta test AL server was initially good idea, bringing that back is better solution at this point.I believe devs don't have the budget for a test server, so this is the next best step in which devs can receive feedback from actual players. This will also work as an advertisement and excitement build-up for the new gears.

Ploid
10-17-2022, 02:42 PM
Bring test servers for the entire community.
Honest or not, stop favouring select few.

That's the death of everything.

Better to get opinions from everyone, old /young, pro/noob, all class, social/nonsocial etc ALL who devotes time to the game.

Many games have a seperate server designed to test and anyone can enter within stipulated periods. If they don't try it's their loss on information and whatnot.As per my reply to Demon, I believe the devs don't have the budget to host a test server, or dev bandwidth to go through a lot of feedback.

This is why I suggested only a select few (preferably the Youtubers) who can make videos and show it to everyone else.

Mythocrisis
10-17-2022, 03:47 PM
As per my reply to Demon, I believe the devs don't have the budget to host a test server, or dev bandwidth to go through a lot of feedback.

This is why I suggested only a select few (preferably the Youtubers) who can make videos and show it to everyone else.

As I said, make it available to all or none.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions on how a weapon works or not.

Secondly,
your criteria -} is pulling in youtubers-most influential at that.
How about if I suggest the people who spent most money on the game to test and post feedback.
You see where I'm going?

Better what they're doing now as been done forever. Everyone has access at the same time, they try, they voice their opinions and nerf/buff comes their way.

Ploid
10-17-2022, 04:08 PM
As I said, make it available to all or none.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions on how a weapon works or not.

Secondly,
your criteria -} is pulling in youtubers-most influential at that.
How about if I suggest the people who spent most money on the game to test and post feedback.
You see where I'm going?

Better what they're doing now as been done forever. Everyone has access at the same time, they try, they voice their opinions and nerf/buff comes their way.In other games, for league of legends for example, not many players play in the beta environment.

Most people watch League Youtubers testing the content instead.

Why are u so against few chosen people testing them? It's very good if it means that good weapons will be released.

The reason I mentioned AL youtubers is that they upload videos which everyone can watch to see how the weapons are.

The devs could work closely with them to release good weapons.

Look, AL doesn't have the budget for a test server which means that this is the best way for them to release quality content- have them tested by actual players.

They can't give a preview version of the weapon to everyone because not everyone gives constructive feedback. Giving everyone the weapon removes their anticipation of the weapon which may lower sales for sts.

Mythocrisis
10-18-2022, 12:10 AM
In other games, for league of legends for example, not many players play in the beta environment.

Most people watch League Youtubers testing the content instead.

Why are u so against few chosen people testing them? It's very good if it means that good weapons will be released.

The reason I mentioned AL youtubers is that they upload videos which everyone can watch to see how the weapons are.

The devs could work closely with them to release good weapons.

Look, AL doesn't have the budget for a test server which means that this is the best way for them to release quality content- have them tested by actual players.

They can't give a preview version of the weapon to everyone because not everyone gives constructive feedback. Giving everyone the weapon removes their anticipation of the weapon which may lower sales for sts.

We can keep going on here.
You don't know if they do /do not have budget (you've been assuming for the entirety of the post unless a developer told you which does not seem so)
Whatever youre saying is already happening.
Plat buyers are going to keep buying and opening plat locks anyway. Even in the lowest point of the game the whales are there funding.
There's no use talking between us two.
I rest my case, let's see what they do.

TheBoon
10-18-2022, 01:23 AM
i played test server before, can't recall when was exactly, but we got free 5k plat to use in game 😁, twas fun tho 😄

Ploid
10-18-2022, 01:26 AM
We can keep going on here.
You don't know if they do /do not have budget (you've been assuming for the entirety of the post unless a developer told you which does not seem so)
Whatever youre saying is already happening.
Plat buyers are going to keep buying and opening plat locks anyway. Even in the lowest point of the game the whales are there funding.
There's no use talking between us two.
I rest my case, let's see what they do.I remember devs saying that there's no point in hosting a test server again, no one gave constructive criticism and that it was a waste of both time and money.

There's a reason they stopped their test servers, they had them once.

I too rest my case.

Immortal_Blood
10-18-2022, 01:33 AM
2 expensivve. id pay for it but its too expensive where deadly at hah ha

godfather
10-18-2022, 01:58 AM
Sts should stop listening to the community, they are the developers they should know better. Their decisions on their products must be respected by all of us, and not to vilify them. The thing is, the feedback of most in the community are mainly based on their biased interest; they are spewing unconstructive criticism if they affect or it is adverse on their interest, so it is just at most a pure rant. We love the game! That is why we are still playing this game, there is no better game than AL! Have some respect guys and support the devs.