PDA

View Full Version : My ideas how to revive lower lvl gaps.

AgentStonoga
10-17-2022, 01:20 PM
Hello,
at first I want to apologize for my first grade English, whatever...
We all know that all level gaps except 81 are dead, almost no one is playing at these levels. I have 2 ideas how we can change that and make all level gaps enjoyable.
1. Weekly tournaments.
Every week there should be a tournament for the people from all level gaps:
For example:
Monday: gap 1-5
Tuesday: gap 6-10
Wednesday: gap 11-16
etc.
There should be 2-3 tournaments in a day, so people from all time zones would have a chance to join tournament at least once a day. We know that we have more than 7lvl gaps, but solution for that is simple: tournaments for 2 lvl gaps can happen in 1 day, just in different hours, so they won't collide.
How these tournaments would look like?
At first, there should be a NPC where will we can register for that tournament. Registration time should be either 15 or 30 mins (I'll stick with 15 mins). After 15 mins, all registered players (who are online) will be randomly teleported to one very big map where battle royale starts. No potions, no elixirs, only pets are allowed. Map should be slowly shrinking so that would prevent people from running for the whole event instead of fighting.After every kill, player should be healed by 25-50% (RNG) of his max hp and mana, so that would help against people who are avoiding fighting
Last survivor is the winner and he gets the reward for winning the tournament. My idea for reward is:
50 crate keys (non tradeable)
3 random locks from his level cap (which costs 15 plats/crate keys to open)
1 million gold.

AgentStonoga
10-17-2022, 01:22 PM
2. My second idea (i think this idea is even better) is to make new special maps (like we have normal and elite maps, there would be 3rd map type) or change the elite maps (that would require to delete all achievements from elite maps).
New maps/new elite maps would be locked only for people who play at this gap - for example, if Tindrin would be a 42-46lvl gap, then players who are below 42lvl and over 46lvl couldn't run these maps.
Difficulty level should be changed (if they need to be changed) and these maps should be a little challenging even for the people who own a strong gear - these maps should be just like elite zodias, but for lower lvls.
My Idea for lvl gaps:
1-5lvl - Brackenridge;
6-10lvl - Ydra Forest;
11-16lvl Dead City maps without castle;
17-21lvl - Dead City Castle (would need to rebalanced, esepcially in size);
22-26lvl - Kraken Isles;
27-31lvl - Nordr;
32-36lvl - Shuyal;
37-41lvl - this one would need a completely new maps;
42-46lvl - Tindrin;
47-51lvl - Glintstone;
52-56lvl - Underhul;
57-61lvl - Mausoleum 1-3;
62-66lvl - Mausoleum 4-6;
67-71lvl - Festerfang;
72-76lvl - Vardan Valley (this one would need new maps or change these portals, like every 5 waves there's a boss and chests);
77-81lvl - Zodias (we alr have it).
Amount of gold which we would drop from mobs/chests/bosses should be proportionally lower, compared to Elite Zodias - for example, if 81lvl player with 800gl gets ~100k from 1 elite zodias map, then 41lvl player wirh 800gl should get ~50.6k from 1 map.
Bosses should have new drop - new locks, new mythic gear (chance for mythic gear from boss should be low), new vanities related to this gap (chance for dropping these vanities should be very low) etc. Arcane gear should be lootable only from locks (which requires plats/crate keys to open)
All bosses from every map in their gap should drop locks WITH DIFFERENT ARCANE DROP - that would prevent people from running only 1 map.
For example, Nordr has 5 maps:
- lock from 1st map should have arcane weapons, armor and helm for war;
- lock from 2nd map should have arcane weapons, armor and helm for rog;
- lock from 3rd map should have arcane weapons, armor and helm for sorc;
- lock from 4th map should have arcane rings and amulets for all classes;
- lock from 5th map should have arcane belts and artifacts for all classes.
Some gaps have less than 5 maps (Festerfang has only 1 map, but different bosses every run, so it's not a problem), bur the most important thing is just to give different arcane items to these locks.
Some lvl gaps already have some mythic/arcane items, but some of these items should be rebalanced (I don't think that current 66lvl arcane weapons are enough for mauso 6 nowadays). Some of these gaps have only 1 mythic/arcane weapon type for each class - we need another weapon type. Etc, etc...

I think that's enough. I really believe that these 2 things would completely change the AL and many players would start playing at different levels than 81.

PostNoob
10-17-2022, 01:28 PM
Neither will work and the amount of time it would take is unrealistic. Your best bet is to play honor pvp.

Both ideas break the games economy. Sorry you wasted so mich time on this.

AgentStonoga
10-17-2022, 02:06 PM
Neither will work and the amount of time it would take is unrealistic. Your best bet is to play honor pvp.

Both ideas break the games economy. Sorry you wasted so mich time on this.

Break the economy? I wonder how, especially tournanment thing - it's ONLY 2-6m pure gold per day added to the circulation. There's much more gold in AL and we're farming WAY MORE everyday from Sunken, we wouldn't even notice that.
Also, allowing us to farm on lower levels would even slower the gold inflation or even decrease the amount of gold in AL.
As I said - these lower lvl maps would give us PROPORTIONALLY LESS amount of gold with the similar difficulty as Elite Zodias. It means that players who were farming in Elite Sunken and would try to play in Elite Tindrin gap (for example), they would get LESS amount of gold in total.
Also, new usable gear means more gold wasted on awaks - which also reduces gold in circulation.

It's kinda obvious that would take a lot of time, but we have no choice if we want to make AL more enjoyable.

Delouis Ball
10-17-2022, 03:03 PM
I like the first idea, 2nd idea is good, however would need way too much work to truly be implemented anytime soon.

I know this will probably get lost in the comments but sometimes when I’m home alone I like to go out in my garden and cover myself with dirt and pretend I’m a carrot.

PostNoob
10-17-2022, 03:10 PM
Break the economy? I wonder how, especially tournanment thing - it's ONLY 2-6m pure gold per day added to the circulation. There's much more gold in AL and we're farming WAY MORE everyday from Sunken, we wouldn't even notice that.
Also, allowing us to farm on lower levels would even slower the gold inflation or even decrease the amount of gold in AL.
As I said - these lower lvl maps would give us PROPORTIONALLY LESS amount of gold with the similar difficulty as Elite Zodias. It means that players who were farming in Elite Sunken and would try to play in Elite Tindrin gap (for example), they would get LESS amount of gold in total.
Also, new usable gear means more gold wasted on awaks - which also reduces gold in circulation.

It's kinda obvious that would take a lot of time, but we have no choice if we want to make AL more enjoyable.

The first one would take away resources(Devs Time) which will have a ripple effect on development in areas where it is actually needed.

The second one is just wrong top to bottom. Farming tens of thousands of gold on a lv 41 map or even lower? Lmao.

Just as a reference to reality, its been 1 year since the expansion released and the vendor hasn't had a single update(Spirit recipe is a joke). No talk on it nothing. They can't even add a simple item into the end game vendor for people to farm.What you are suggesting is next to a fairy tale with their resources. Sorry.

AgentStonoga
10-17-2022, 04:04 PM
The first one would take away resources(Devs Time) which will have a ripple effect on development in areas where it is actually needed.

The second one is just wrong top to bottom. Farming tens of thousands of gold on a lv 41 map or even lower? Lmao.

Just as a reference to reality, its been 1 year since the expansion released and the vendor hasn't had a single update(Spirit recipe is a joke). No talk on it nothing. They can't even add a simple item into the end game vendor for people to farm.What you are suggesting is next to a fairy tale with their resources. Sorry.
"in areas where it is actually needed." - so you're trying to tell me that trying to revive pvp (but 2nd idea is also required to that) isn't something that we need? Also, imagine, you're wasting millions-billions of gold on your gear which will be worthless after new expansion and you can't do anything with that. - these ideas could also help with that.

"The second one is just wrong top to bottom. Farming tens of thousands of gold on a lv 41 map or even lower? Lmao" - I have to explain this ONCE AGAIN.
These maps would be as hard as Elite Zodias (just for lower lvls). More gold than nothing would get people who have GOLD LOOT SETS. If 81lvl player with 800GL (and 800gl set costs over 300m, so most people can't get it) can get ~100k from Elite Sunken, then 41lvl player WITH 800GL would get half of that (wothout gl he would get only 5.55k gold per 1 run). Player with 21lvl and 800GL would get bit over 25k per 1 map (without gl he would get only 2.77k per run). Remember that difficulty level would be similar to Elite Zodias maps, which means that players would get proportionally lower amount of gold AT THE SAME TIME - it means that people who got bored with Zodias would get lower amount of gold at the same time if they decide to play on lower lvl gap.
Also, lvling up from 1 to 81 takes less than 1 day, so levels doesn't even matter that much tho.

I know that STS have problems with big updates, but who knows... maybe this will change in future...

Immortal_Blood
10-18-2022, 12:49 AM
yeah bro its like 10 or so people in sts team managing 4 or so games,. hard to add such intricate ideas even if they are good. coding is hard and takes a lot of time.

the best ideas with high chance of being added i found , are ones that can improve existing systems . but of course new content ideas like this one is still good.

BUT, your 1st idea is actually in the game already, it was an event one time.. forgot the name but battle royale tournament is an asset of AL already so maybe adding taht as a weekly thing is easy., i dont think gold reward is good idea tho,. item reward much better.

2nd idea is very interesting because in other sts game there was such a thing where youll loot items based on your level, unless your level surpasses the dungeon level. examples: 21,23, and 25 which is max level gear. 77,78,79.. etc .. level 79+ only loots the level 79 gear

this system created interesting rarities in certain items.

also, postnoob doesnt seem to know what theyre talking about, so nvm them, unless they simply forgot that battle royale was already an asset of AL. but at the same time i agree with them that new things suggested rarely get added.