PDA

View Full Version : Skin Colors?

Shaocalur
08-11-2012, 03:49 PM
On about the first or maybe the second day after Dark Legends release, I asked Flip if skin colors would be added to the game. He told me that they definitely would be. So I waited, patch after patch and saw nothing. Then I heard Flip left D: (Gah, must stay on topic) So I started to think, maybe they forgot or maybe they just don't wanna add them. Meh, to me it's not that big a deal I was just a little curious about it. So can a dev or someone give any kind of thoughts or ideas about this?

Xaphan Fox
08-11-2012, 04:05 PM
Id love skin colors. Id love to know why flip departed also. He was a good guy. Perhaps he was *too* good a guy? He sure was approachable and friendly.

Shaocalur
08-11-2012, 04:12 PM
Id love skin colors. Id love to know why flip departed also. He was a good guy. Perhaps he was *too* good a guy? He sure was approachable and friendly.

I head that someone else heard that he was having real-life problems.

Shaocalur
08-12-2012, 05:54 PM
Bumpity bump bump

Corpser
08-13-2012, 02:54 AM
i honestly hope there not i mean vampires are traditionally pale and i really dont want to see a really tan vampire i mean wtf would be with that?????
customization is always cool but skin colors no thx lol having tan vampires would pretty much change the way vampires actually are a very drastic change that isnt needed :/ pretty much change us from vampires to cannibals :/

DonkeyKong
08-13-2012, 07:35 AM
i honestly hope there not i mean vampires are traditionally pale and i really dont want to see a really tan vampire i mean wtf would be with that?????
customization is always cool but skin colors no thx lol having tan vampires would pretty much change the way vampires actually are a very drastic change that isnt needed :/ pretty much change us from vampires to cannibals :/

so what are black vampires supposed to look like? Edward Cullen?

Rare
08-13-2012, 07:36 AM

Lol. That just sounds absurd. No offense.

Rare
08-13-2012, 07:38 AM

Yeah, once they turn they instantly become white. Like blade.

DonkeyKong
08-13-2012, 07:50 AM
Yeah, once they turn they instantly become white. Like blade.

LOL.

Shaocalur
08-13-2012, 10:15 AM

THANK YOU. Haha finally someone gets it.

Corpser
08-14-2012, 04:16 AM
look all im saying is its a lot more common to see a pale faced vampire and no Black vampires would not instantly turn white they would just be a really pale brown it sounds weird but seriously running around with tan people will just make us look human i didn't really think of a black vampire i meant tan because through most series you see once the disease is contracted the person gets alot paler and cant go out into the sun. if you want ski colors and bring races into the game thats cool dont complain when people start being racist or what not. im totally okay with black vampires but not tan cause a tanned vampire makes little sense.......

DonkeyKong
08-14-2012, 04:41 AM
i didn't really think of a black vampire i meant tan because through most series you see once the disease is contracted the person gets alot paler and cant go out into the sun.

lol.

its not only the black vampires dude/dudette. there are a multitude of other skin colours, and not just because people have been sun tanning either.
Think about the Hispanics, Asians and Red Indians amongst others - the white man does not have exclusive rights to vampires.
These vampires may look tanned - how about that?

On the potential for racism, it's no different from the sexism, homophobia, ageism, and other forms of bias that already exist in game.
There is a reporting channel, so those that want to complain have an avenue to do so.

Please understand, I'm not picking on you - just sharing that there is more than 1 perspective.

Peace.

Rare
08-14-2012, 08:07 AM
look all im saying is its a lot more common to see a pale faced vampire and no Black vampires would not instantly turn white they would just be a really pale brown it sounds weird but seriously running around with tan people will just make us look human i didn't really think of a black vampire i meant tan because through most series you see once the disease is contracted the person gets alot paler and cant go out into the sun. if you want ski colors and bring races into the game thats cool dont complain when people start being racist or what not. im totally okay with black vampires but not tan cause a tanned vampire makes little sense.......

I understand where you are coming from. But your logic is slightly skewed. Most likely you're basing this off of Hollywood casting. I'm sure if you went through the many many volumes of vampire lore, you'd find many cases of dark or "tanned" skinned vampires. Let also not forget this is fiction. We are talking about vampires here. No offense to any folks that believe they exist, I do not. So lets not really get into what is "realistic" or not. From a common sense standpoint, vampires would not differentiate skin color. Food is food right?

As for your "tanned" skin argument, its also slightly skewed. Firstly, there is no such thing as a "black" person or a "white" person. There are all different shades. So even if the pigment in someone's skin DOES change... a darker person that is turned would be a darker vampire... while a lighter person may be "tanned". An already pale person would be ultra pale. Etc.

Honestly, I can't believe I'm even debating the skin color of vampires. Its a game. Put different skin colors in there. Give them fangs. They look like vampires.

Flowman
08-15-2012, 03:05 AM

wow please stop you're embarrassing yourself.

http://towerweb.net/vampires/pics/blade04.jpg

Corpser
08-15-2012, 03:46 AM
wow please stop you're embarrassing yourself.

http://towerweb.net/vampires/pics/blade04.jpg
"Forget what you think you know. Vampires exist. My name is Blade. I was born half human, half vampire. They call me, The Daywalker. I have all their strengths, none of their weaknesses, execpt for the thirst. 20 years ago, I met a man that changed that. Whistler. He taught me how to hold the thirst at bay. Taught me the rules. Gave me the weapons to hunt with: Silver, garlic, sunlight. Two years ago, he was attacked. They took him, and turned him into the thing I hate most. I should have finished him off. Now, I'm hunting him. I will find him. And nothing will stand in my way." quoted from wiki -http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Blade_II

and yes my opinion is mainly from hollywood because that is well what ive been watching oh and oblivion where your character got older and paler,

@ Flow im not embarrassing myself i am mearly stating my own PERSONAL Opinion just because i am wrong doesn't meen you have to post so rudely how bout a little constructive feedback
alot like aedenos, and donkeykongs most recent posts

if you guys want skin colors and it is added then go for it pay to change your skin color i will keep mine the same

Flowman
08-15-2012, 04:12 AM
oh jesus not another "mommy these people are being rude" kid...

Corpser
08-15-2012, 06:13 AM
oh jesus not another "mommy these people are being rude" kid...

why cant you just play nicely with the kids?
is this really all you can come up with i didn't want to fight with you i have simply stated my opinion if you dont like it then dont try and fight me over this its pointless and we get absolutely nothing wether or not my opinion was right or wrong the above posts are not necessary at all

im sure shao doesnt want this to be a flame thread considering its a suggestion thread so just stop and play nice

Zaonabiuibil
08-15-2012, 07:25 AM
why cant you just play nicely with the kids?
is this really all you can come up with i didn't want to fight with you i have simply stated my opinion if you dont like it then dont try and fight me over this its pointless and we get absolutely nothing wether or not my opinion was right or wrong the above posts are not necessary at all

im sure shao doesnt want this to be a flame thread considering its a suggestion thread so just stop and play nice

'Cause "kids" shouldn't be playing bruh. Way to flame and then turn it around saying Shao wouldn't like it. He's African American, which is 95% I'm sure the reason he posted. It's not about the realistic vampire look, it's about being unbiased. Right now to me you sound biased and racist against every skin-colour and ethnicity except for whites. I'm white, but I still believe all the other people should get their fair choice in the game. Make 'em pay 5 plat for it, whatever, but give 'em the option at least.

Tis battle against discrimination has been brought to you by,
-Zao

Rawrimafish
08-15-2012, 07:51 AM
i like the colors

*Zero*
08-15-2012, 08:33 AM
Im sorry but too say white people are the only vampires is a racist way to think. Seems Twilight has put a image in peeps heads. Here are some other vampire movies that may refresh your memory that anyone can be a vampire.
Dusk till Dawn if im right there was Mexican Vampires
Blade/Vampire in Brooklyn has African American Vampires
Vampire diaries has tanned vampires

Rare
08-15-2012, 09:45 AM
Im sorry but too say white people are the only vampires is a racist way to think. Seems Twilight has put a image in peeps heads. Here are some other vampire movies that may refresh your memory that anyone can be a vampire.
Dusk till Dawn if im right there was Mexican Vampires
Blade/Vampire in Brooklyn has African American Vampires
Vampire diaries has tanned vampires

Also, Twilight had a black vampire. Vampires Suck too.

True Blood has black vampires.

Growwle
08-15-2012, 09:49 AM
On about the first or maybe the second day after Dark Legends release, I asked Flip if skin colors would be added to the game. He told me that they definitely would be. So I waited, patch after patch and saw nothing. Then I heard Flip left D: (Gah, must stay on topic) So I started to think, maybe they forgot or maybe they just don't wanna add them. Meh, to me it's not that big a deal I was just a little curious about it. So can a dev or someone give any kind of thoughts or ideas about this?

Aren't vampires traditionally pale? How noticeable would different skin colors be?

StompArtist
08-15-2012, 09:53 AM
Ninja's are traditionally Asian. Never stopped anyone... so why would vamps be only white?

Shaocalur
08-15-2012, 10:31 AM
Some things I wanna say:

-Wow this thread blew up
- Yeah I don't want it locked so no flaming please. >_<
- Not African-American, Haitian-American. Yup they exist haha
-Vampire Diaries FTW
-Whats the big deal if there are tan/mexican/black vampires? Jeez
- I like pie
- Really, I only posted this because Flip said, and I quote, "There will definitely be skin colors Vanished." In game to me.

Carry on. :D

P.S. If you start to flame again, stop, drop, and roooll!

*Zero*
08-15-2012, 10:38 AM
Sorry if i was off topic.

Growwle
08-15-2012, 10:50 AM
Ninja's are traditionally Asian. Never stopped anyone... so why would vamps be only white?

If you are responding to me, I said pale (corpse-like), not white. I am all for any vanities and customizations, that would allow us to further individualize our vampires, I just question how viable this would be.

StompArtist
08-15-2012, 10:54 AM
If you are responding to me, I said pale (corpse-like), not white. I am all for any vanities and customizations, that would allow us to further individualize our vampires, I just question how viable this would be.

I was just making a general observation. You're right, there could be a Michael Jackson vampire! lol

Growwle
08-15-2012, 11:04 AM

I was just making a general observation. You're right, there could be a Michael Jackson vampire! lol

Lol, can't do MJ, I think Plants vs Zombies had problems with that.

While we are at it, I think they should add more faces and hairstyles too. Maybe body types / sizes as well.

StompArtist
08-15-2012, 11:07 AM

While we are at it, I think they should add more faces and hairstyles too. Maybe body types / sizes as well.

Fat vamp would be awesome.

Growwle
08-15-2012, 11:24 AM

Fat vamp would be awesome.

Pic did not work :-(, but got attached.

Rare
08-15-2012, 11:38 AM

Whatever that is, its pretty disgusting

Shaocalur
08-15-2012, 02:06 PM
I wish Cara would respond to this. :vcry:

Corpser
08-15-2012, 06:31 PM
my intention was not to come across racist i have no idea how that even came out as being racist its a simple idea thread/reminder to the devs >.< i apologise if i have said something to offend someone i really didnt meen to sound racist by pale i did meen corpse like, Growwle stated above ^ im not a racist person and really dont want to start a flame war nor get this thread locked.

StompArtist
08-15-2012, 06:48 PM
my intention was not to come across racist i have no idea how that even came out as being racist its a simple idea thread/reminder to the devs >.< i apologise if i have said something to offend someone i really didnt meen to sound racist by pale i did meen corpse like, Growwle stated above ^ im not a racist person and really dont want to start a flame war nor get this thread locked.

Did not come across as racist to me, at all.

Growwle
08-15-2012, 06:55 PM

Whatever that is, its pretty disgusting

It is a blood-gorged tick.

StompArtist
08-15-2012, 06:58 PM
It is a blood-gorged tick.

http://www.thetick.ws/images/The%20Tick%204.jpg

Growwle
08-15-2012, 07:18 PM
The beautiful thing about internet gaming is that everyone is equal until they decide to tell people what race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other personal details. People routinely group or join guilds with people who you may never would think of interacting with in real life. I see no problem with different skin colors in this game, it gets boring when all our characters look alike.

Shaocalur
08-17-2012, 09:43 AM
The beautiful thing about internet gaming is that everyone is equal until they decide to tell people what race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other personal details. People routinely group or join guilds with people who you may never would think of interacting with in real life. I see no problem with different skin colors in this game, it gets boring when all our characters look alike.

Exactly. Agreed +100