PDA

View Full Version : As a fantasy based game AL needs LOTR or GOT events

Deathwish
10-22-2022, 12:32 PM
Given the fact that we've alrdy had StarwWars and Marvelous events thanks to STS, i believe as a game which has fantasy frame, maybe some events related to the masterpieces of this genre would be amazing... LOTR or GOT or even Harry Potter themed events will be certainly supported by players.
With a little bit of creativity in design, there would be amazing vanities, banners, badges and everything a perfect event may need.
All Fantasy fans ( that i believe are a lot here among AL players ) would really appreciate considering this idea in further events.

gobbels
10-22-2022, 01:11 PM
Support, and would be nice to see smeagol vanity on smurfs, and wands kinda alredy fit the theme.

Stephencobear
10-22-2022, 01:58 PM
I might be the only one, but I don’t like “themes”
If there popular they’re usually played out, like how many more superhero movies do we need before someone has an original idea?

I like sts doing original stuff

ik I’m in the minority, y’all can have themes, I’ll shut up
Send all hate mail to the nearest empty parking lot
X’D

Aeot
10-22-2022, 03:18 PM
I agree with you

Susanne
10-22-2022, 06:07 PM
"Sigh"..I think themes would be a mistake. Maybe I've been playing too long though and should just retire gracefully.

Skeleton Mike
10-22-2022, 06:31 PM
+1 I'm sure that we will have more events inspired by outside content, hopefully more medieval stuff :)

Also I think that Gustav (the human mage in the tutorial) is a reference to Gandalf from LOTR and there is also a merchant in the planar tombs that is a reference of a resident evil 4 character.

I love it when developers put references here and there in their games hehe.

Immortal_Blood
10-22-2022, 07:23 PM
seeing barky boo was a pretty big deal for me. :wink:

Avaree
10-22-2022, 08:53 PM
I might be the only one, but I don’t like “themes”
If there popular they’re usually played out, like how many more superhero movies do we need before someone has an original idea?

I like sts doing original stuff

ik I’m in the minority, y’all can have themes, I’ll shut up
Send all hate mail to the nearest empty parking lot
X’D

Well said!!

Deathwish
10-22-2022, 11:00 PM
tbh the reason i posted this thread was STS is already using themes as i mentioned above, i prefer original stuff too but if it is going to be about inspiration from other contents why not fantasy which is close to what we got in AL?
And why only sci-fi stuff?
you see my point?

Immortal_Blood
10-23-2022, 12:42 AM
sci - fi stuff cuz idk that seems to be what sts enjoys adding and also tahts how PL went, blackstar renamed etc.. to star legends black star chronicles was the original game of sts so i guess thats why.,

In 2005, Spacetime Studios was founded by Gary Gattis, Cinco Barnes, Anthony L. Sommers and Jake Rodgers, with collaborative experience working on such titles as Wing Commander, Star Wars Galaxies and Ultima Online.[1][2] In March 2006, they successfully contracted to begin development of an original IP for a PC sci-fi MMO for NCSoft called Blackstar.

sts is in austin as well so aliens are pretty known there they hang out., hahaha

you see my point?
i see ur point though, i was reminded of skyrim sometime ago and thought of the winter event.

so yeah i see ur point hahha but even if the word "arcane" would indicate magic or fantasy; dev still does what they want to do to AL .

Immortal_Blood
10-23-2022, 12:54 AM
Given the fact that we've alrdy had StarwWars and Marvelous events thanks to STS, i believe as a game which has fantasy frame, maybe some events related to the masterpieces of this genre would be amazing... LOTR or GOT or even Harry Potter themed events will be certainly supported by players.
With a little bit of creativity in design, there would be amazing vanities, banners, badges and everything a perfect event may need.
All Fantasy fans ( that i believe are a lot here among AL players ) would really appreciate considering this idea in further events.

an event where orcs using elephants/ battering rams storming a castle would be cool eh?

kill mobs that come up ladders, use ballista [fishing event mechanics] to kill the elephants/ battering rams before they reach castle or lose out on bonus loot from the allied king.. then kill one of 5 or so random boss to keep things fun.

and as for a got themed event someone was talking about whitewalkers in windmoore when als was there.. not sure how its work but that scene when theyre stuck on that rock and have thousands of them to kill , well id like to kill all of those , a lot of dope big damage numbers could be shown if we fight so many mobs at once , so fun.

danialazhad63
10-23-2022, 01:06 AM
seeing barky boo was a pretty big deal for me. :wink:Heroic shaggy as a pet would be nice

Sent from my RMX2001 using Tapatalk

Thewolfbull
10-23-2022, 05:08 AM
A LOTR themed event could be a good way to release a new Arcane Ring level 81, just saying...

MiguelBoss
10-23-2022, 05:23 AM
GOT will be op

Susanne
10-23-2022, 06:04 AM
Something I would like to see. Castles with moats and drawbridges. Arrows flying through the slitted windows, boiling water thrown from the turrets on to the enemies below and dungeons.
Horse and carts, a trusty steed complete with armour for jousting matches. Knights fighting for the hand of a fair lady. Flags flying and cannons blazing.
Court jesters, wandering minstrels and baroque music.

PatD
10-23-2022, 09:56 AM
Something I would like to see. Castles with moats and drawbridges. Arrows flying through the slitted windows, boiling water thrown from the turrets on to the enemies below and dungeons.
Horse and carts, a trusty steed complete with armour for jousting matches. Knights fighting for the hand of a fair lady. Flags flying and cannons blazing.
Court jesters, wandering minstrels and baroque music.

This is all fun and games but we all know that to keep it realistic it will come with a lot of toothless smiles and stink fumes coming out of everyone and everythings ;D

Corviss the Lich
10-23-2022, 09:56 AM
I can already tell on Harry Potter themed event they will definitely make Vanity Weapons made out of sticks.

Susanne
10-23-2022, 12:25 PM
This is all fun and games but we all know that to keep it realistic it will come with a lot of toothless smiles and stink fumes coming out of everyone and everythings ;D

Ah yes but it won't be real, that's what makes it so appealing. Actually, toothless smiles and stinks may be making a comeback in good old United Kingdom. The court jesters are running our country.
Back to unreality, I would love a mini event based on the medieval jousting matches. We could have a King Henry VIII vanity for warriors too, they're built for one. Leggings /tights with tunics, dresses with ruffed collars for the ladies, not sure what mages would wear. We already have jester vanities.
P.S. Henry the VIII did have a fondnes for bathing so it's said but I don't think his offspring shared his enthusiasm.

PatD
10-23-2022, 06:43 PM
Ah yes but it won't be real, that's what makes it so appealing. Actually, toothless smiles and stinks may be making a comeback in good old United Kingdom. The court jesters are running our country.
Back to unreality, I would love a mini event based on the medieval jousting matches. We could have a King Henry VIII vanity for warriors too, they're built for one. Leggings /tights with tunics, dresses with ruffed collars for the ladies, not sure what mages would wear. We already have jester vanities.
P.S. Henry the VIII did have a fondnes for bathing so it's said but I don't think his offspring shared his enthusiasm.

I agree that jousting would be a really fun event!!

Stephencobear
10-23-2022, 07:53 PM
Problem w got is the characters are mostly normal looking sans the hound, or Bran
But it could be cool to see Bran as a backpack vanity
Or wars that randomly spout “Hodor”, I can even see jaimey as a one handed rogue

Tyrion has no nose and is short- that one writes itself @.@
Ok, I’m coming around to this somewhat
But this

was a “theme” type we can drop forever

MiguelBoss
10-24-2022, 02:11 AM
For Winter event maybe a North King vanity

Marosok
10-24-2022, 02:55 AM
I am sure we already have some pieces inspired in LOTR, just check 2021 winter LB banner for instance. Anyway, having Uruk-Hai, Talion inspired vanity sets or even Warg as a pet would be great. Not big fan of HP, but why not have Hagrid warrior.

Deathwish
10-24-2022, 03:58 AM
think of auras inspired by each House's symbol in GOT :))