PDA

View Full Version : Closing of thread

Blackflash
10-24-2022, 11:31 AM
What is the time at the thread changes their dates because I am seeing numerous threads being closed( which is a good thing)
for bumping twice but if I bump in the evening of the previous day and in the morning of the current day the thread is still closed.
I don't think this was against the set rules but the time on the thread showed yesterday.
Adding on are we allowed to bump the thread on the day we create it?

asommers
10-24-2022, 11:53 AM
24 hours. See this thread (link (https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?658938-Changes-to-AL-Traders-Market-regarding-thread-bumping)).

-ALS

Xuds
10-24-2022, 12:20 PM
Person should receive a temporary ban as well after numerous offenses, kinda tiring to see the same people make tons of threads and bumping every day

Sent from my DE2118 using Tapatalk

Blackflash
10-27-2022, 11:48 AM
@asommers my recent blood dag thread got locked I made 2 consecutive posts but they were 26+ hours apart. Can you check it out?

asommers
10-27-2022, 12:28 PM
@asommers my recent blood dag thread got locked I made 2 consecutive posts but they were 26+ hours apart. Can you check it out?

I'm not calling you out here, just explaining what happened.

In this particular case, looks like you posted to update your thread and then deleted the post. The auto-lock script does not ignore deleted posts. I've seen a few cases of this where I'll fix up a double-post and unlock the thread if it was within seconds, but these were hours apart, so it will remain locked.

-ALS

Blackflash
10-27-2022, 12:34 PM

I'm not calling you out here, just explaining what happened.

In this particular case, looks like you posted to update your thread and then deleted the post. The auto-lock script does not ignore deleted posts. I've seen a few cases of this where I'll fix up a double-post and unlock the thread if it was within seconds, but these were hours apart, so it will remain locked.

-ALS
Is there a way to see if 24 hours have been up? I did that because of it.

asommers
10-27-2022, 12:38 PM
Is there a way to see if 24 hours have been up?

If you were the last poster, you can use the time displayed on your last post and add 24 hours. I took the screenshot above directly from the forums.

-ALS