PDA

View Full Version : What phone do you have? Is it any good?

WarTornBird
08-12-2012, 06:07 PM
So in October I get a new upgrade for my phone. For as long as I can remember my parents have been buying upgrades for me. My dad told me I'm 17 nearly 18 its time to act like it. So he told me I'm paying for my next update. Fair enough I says, 7 years he's been paying phones for me.
I've been looking at the newest EVO LTE from Sprint. Now my company is Sprint. Right now I believe the LTE is the best phone on the market.
So I could use some advice if any of you have phones that you think are awesome let me know. Keep in mind I have the original EVO 4G. So I'm trying not to downgrade phones.
Right now the LTE is top on my list.

Deathpunch
08-12-2012, 06:22 PM
The evo lte is the one of the best devices on sprint at the moment, as is the galaxy s 3. The galaxy nexus would be a fine choice, as well. Especially if you want to experience pure android. I think my next upgrade will be used for a nexus device, wether the galaxy nexus or whatever the next one will be. I'm tired of HTC and their foot dragging on updates. Reminds me of another company I know.

-----
NOTE TO READER: The above post should most likely be read in a sarcastic tone.

StompArtist
08-12-2012, 06:24 PM
I got an xperia play and to be honest skip it. Nothing but issues, ericsson is good with warranty but replaced it 3 times in a year. Sucks.

abbasjammmy
08-12-2012, 06:28 PM
I have a samsung galaxy s2 i would pass if i was u it runs like i beauty but if u play 1-2hrs+ its burning hot and starts to freeze and then it crashes

KingFu
08-12-2012, 06:30 PM
S3 > Evo. Idl HTC, I prefer Samsung's hardware and stock OS. Idl super AMOLED displays normally, but it works on the S3 IMO. Both dual core 1.5 GHz processors, but S3 has double the RAM. They're pretty similar, I'm just biased since I don't like HTC much.

Deathpunch
08-12-2012, 06:50 PM
S3 > Evo. Idl HTC, I prefer Samsung's hardware and stock OS. Idl super AMOLED displays normally, but it works on the S3 IMO. Both dual core 1.5 GHz processors, but S3 has double the RAM. They're pretty similar, I'm just biased since I don't like HTC much.

Touchwiz is not stock os. Unless you mean Samsung's stock os. All the Samsung devices I've had were of a lesser build quality than HTC, also.

-----

KingFu
08-12-2012, 06:53 PM
Touchwiz is not stock os. Unless you mean Samsung's stock os. All the Samsung devices I've had were of a lesser build quality than HTC, also.

-----

I meant Samsung's:s I just don't like HTC as much. I've had bad experiences with them, and I'm not certain why, I'm just more drawn to Samsung phones.

razerfingers
08-12-2012, 06:53 PM
I use the HTC Evo 3D it works i like it but its not a new new phone the first dual core i believe but could he wrong. Anyways when i get new phone im going for Evo LTE xP

Sent using spray paint from a "can"

Deathpunch
08-12-2012, 06:58 PM
I meant Samsung's:s I just don't like HTC as much. I've had bad experiences with them, and I'm not certain why, I'm just more drawn to Samsung phones.

Fair enough, I misunderstood. :D

Also, op, if you want bullet-proof build quality and a killer full qwerty keyboard, you can't go wrong with Motorola. The Photon Q LTE is rumored to be dropping in a week.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Motorola-PHOTON-Q-4G-LTE-coming-to-Sprint-August-19th_id33141

But, honestly, the best advice I could give anyone is to go down to the local sprint store and get them in your hands, play with them, kick the tires as it were, and get the one you like the best.

-----

NECROREAPER
08-13-2012, 05:09 AM
The iPhone 5 should be out around that time if you're looking to go down the iOS route.

Zeus
08-13-2012, 10:24 AM
Get a Nexus. You're going to hate not being able to get the latest android updates because the phone companies are slow to patch their GUI overlay to make it compatible with the new software.

Not to mention, there isn't even a guarantee on most phones that you'll be able to get the latest update.

CrimsonTider
08-13-2012, 10:49 AM
I upgraded to a Nexus about a month ago and love it. It does get a little warm from time to time but that is only when I'm playing PL for long periods. I am still learning a lot of stuff about it.

WarTornBird
08-13-2012, 11:04 AM
Thanks for the ideas guys. Necro about the iPhone 5. I talked to a guy at the Sprint store yesterday and asked him about the iPhone 4. He said going from a EVO to a iPhone is a step down. I was considering rolling over to iOS but ehh.
Right now my looks are the nexus and LTE. I definetly think the LTE is going to take over.

saool
08-13-2012, 11:17 AM
I use the HTC Evo 3D it works i like it but its not a new new phone the first dual core i believe but could he wrong. Anyways when i get new phone im going for Evo LTE xP

Haha I have one to...I got it for the 3D. I love messing around with how much depth I can get in my pictures, like placing dominoes one in front of the other and taking a cool 3D image :D

As for your question WTB go with the Evo LTE my friend has it, and he let me mess around with it, and well...it's freaking awesome! My dad is going to get one soon so I'll be able to test it before I consider it. But from what I did (web surfing, gaming) I'd recommend it :)

razerfingers
08-13-2012, 11:32 AM
Haha I have one to...I got it for the 3D. I love messing around with how much depth I can get in my pictures, like placing dominoes one in front of the other and taking a cool 3D image :D

As for your question WTB go with the Evo LTE my friend has it, and he let me mess around with it, and well...it's freaking awesome! My dad is going to get one soon so I'll be able to test it before I consider it. But from what I did (web surfing, gaming) I'd recommend it :)

Hahaha i havent tried depth photos yet...

Junside
08-13-2012, 11:34 AM
I have the Sprint Epic 4G Touch, and I am fairly satisfied with it. Its pretty old though, with all the new phones coming out. I'd have to say the Evo LTE version does look impressive. I know a guy who buys and sells phones and his current phone is the S3. He says he doesn't like it (something about the touch being funny). I got my gf the Xperia Play but shes not much of a gamer. She likes it though :p

I used to be with VZW but after two years I grew more and more disappointed with their service. I am highly impressed with Sprint though. Mostly because I have "truly unlimited" data, as far as I know anyway. One month I used like 15 terabytes of data and they didn't charge me extra. My advice is, go with something powerful and recent. As the downside with Android phones software-wise, they lose support after a few years. My old phone, a Droid 2, took forever just to get Android 2.3 and I read that it would no longer update after that. That's why I say go recent and not a budget android phone. Lastly, from my epxerience, LG makes some horrible devices. Pointless to tinker with them.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Deathpunch
08-13-2012, 11:41 AM
One month I used like 15 terabytes of data and they didn't charge me extra.

15 terabytes? I find that difficult to believe. That's roughly 15000 gigabytes. To put in perspective, 1 terabyte of CD quality audio is roughly 2000 hours of audio. I'm thinking a typo.:)

-----
Sent from my Nexus 7

Junside
08-13-2012, 11:55 AM
15 terabytes? I find that difficult to believe. That's roughly 15000 gigabytes. To put in perspective, 1 terabyte of CD quality audio is roughly 2000 hours of audio. I'm thinking a typo.:)

-----
Sent from my Nexus 7

Nooooo said so on my bill lol and a beautiful $0.00 right across from it. I tether, stream netflix, tether on my ps3 to play COD online, download games and use torrent from my phone since i dont have a pc and wifi. I heavily rely on my phone lol

In an hour i can download around close to 2gb

Deathpunch
08-13-2012, 11:58 AM
Nooooo said so on my bill lol and a beautiful $0.00 right across from it. I tether, stream netflix, and torrent from my phone since i dont have a pc and wifi. I heavily rely on my phone lol

Maybe so, but 15 terabytes is a massive amount of data. I just don't see how you could even use that much data even if your phone was running on 4g 24/7 for the whole month.

-----
Sent from my Nexus 7

Junside
08-13-2012, 12:22 PM
Maybe so, but 15 terabytes is a massive amount of data. I just don't see how you could even use that much data even if your phone was running on 4g 24/7 for the whole month.

-----
Sent from my Nexus 7

Well I guess youre right. :) It was displayed in bytes so maybe i did my math wrong. Youre probably right. Maybe 15gb? Netfilx uses so much more than i imagined.

Deathpunch
08-13-2012, 12:26 PM
Well I guess youre right. :) It was displayed in bytes so maybe i did my math wrong. Youre probably right. Maybe 15gb? Netfilx uses so much more than i imagined.

Lol! That's much more reasonable, though 15 gb is a lot. I think the most I've ever done in a month is around 8 or 9 gb, and that's when I was flashing roms everytime I turned around. Netflix is a data pig, so I could see that.

-----
WARNING: The above post has a high chance of causing tears, wailing, gnashing of teeth, and/or accusations of trolling.

Slant
08-13-2012, 01:57 PM
15 gigabytes is still wow
wanna use my phone like that

Deathpunch
08-13-2012, 04:10 PM
I'm at work and got bored, so I decided to do some fast an loose math. At your 2 gb an hour downloading, in a 31 day month and non-stop, you'd be just a hair under 1.5 tb. In order to hit 15 tb for the month, you'd need to be downloading 20+ gb an hour, every hour, for 31 days straight. Unlimited data or not, I have a feeling that Sprint would throttle you back a bit. :D

-----
WARNING: The above post has a high chance of causing tears, wailing, gnashing of teeth, and/or accusations of trolling.

Junside
08-13-2012, 11:13 PM
I'm at work and got bored, so I decided to do some fast an loose math. At your 2 gb an hour downloading, in a 31 day month and non-stop, you'd be just a hair under 1.5 tb. In order to hit 15 tb for the month, you'd need to be downloading 20+ gb an hour, every hour, for 31 days straight. Unlimited data or not, I have a feeling that Sprint would throttle you back a bit. :D

-----

... Nice. O.o now you know damn well i'm horrible at math. lol

dudetus
08-14-2012, 05:47 AM
I have a puny olde Galaxy S...

I'll probably go buy Galaxy S 3, once a galaxy always a galaxy.