PDA

View Full Version : Offline trading: Mailboxes

RedRyder
08-13-2012, 01:27 PM
There are times when you see that someone needs some type of item or gold and you'd like to help. An obstacle could come in the form of time zones, or just being too lazy to try to log on when they're online or vice versa. Mailboxes would eliminate these issues.

This could be an addition to the guild hall/house. The player taps the mailbox and a window would pop up with different slots for the different messages. It doesn't have to just be items, they could be actual messages with words. Tap a tab to create a new message, tap another tab to add gold/items, or just tap on the chat window or chat box to type your message.

When a player gets a new message, it would come up as a push notification like with the nightly rewards, or an in game notification, that would give you the choice of transporting you to your mailbox. if a player is that concerned over not being scammed, then they could go through the trouble of setting up a time with the the're player and meeting up in game. The mailbox feature is to be an extension of the Giving system, not trading.

Thoughts?

Mothwing
08-13-2012, 01:33 PM
Love it, however I see STS charging us for extra slots, so in a way I don't love it.

StompArtist
08-13-2012, 01:34 PM
Lots of MMO do that and it works very well.

Floating
08-13-2012, 02:22 PM
Omg it would help me tones on my giveaway thread !!!! Hands up and 5 stars from da floater

RedRyder
08-13-2012, 07:22 PM
Love it, however I see STS charging us for extra slots, so in a way I don't love it.

They don't charge for trade slots lol. It's normal to have a cap for messages though.

XchilangopwnX
08-14-2012, 10:41 AM
This has been suggested a lot, if I recall well. This system would be incredible. I wonder, since it hasn't been implemented on none of the STS games, if it involves a huge code to make this work. All large PC MMO's that I have played have this so it may be restricted to this being a Mobile MMO. Dunno, but it is a great idea that SHOULD be implemented.

StompArtist
08-14-2012, 12:36 PM
This has been suggested a lot, if I recall well. This system would be incredible. I wonder, since it hasn't been implemented on none of the STS games, if it involves a huge code to make this work. All large PC MMO's that I have played have this so it may be restricted to this being a Mobile MMO. Dunno, but it is a great idea that SHOULD be implemented.

O&C has mailboxes and is mobile.

Lady_Pebbles
08-15-2012, 05:21 AM
I'd love this! Would be a great way to surprise friends with birthday gifts or something. X)

Rawrimafish
08-15-2012, 07:52 AM
I want mailboxes!!!!!!!!

XchilangopwnX
08-17-2012, 07:47 AM
O&C has mailboxes and is mobile.

We should go break into O&C headquarters and steal their mailbox code.

Wait, what did I just say?

:vsmile:

StompArtist
08-17-2012, 08:18 AM
We should go break into O&C headquarters and steal their mailbox code.

Wait, what did I just say?

:vsmile:

Good idea, get the mini van, I'll get the Red Bulls!

Shaiful Samudra
08-21-2012, 02:00 AM
i agree mailbox will be good or something like sms. some times i didnt manage to read my msg espcially when am entering map or mission.