PDA

View Full Version : Make Nuri's Mini Dungeon Easy Perhaps?

FluffNStuff
08-13-2012, 04:45 PM
There is clearly an issue with Nuri's Mini Dungeon, and that is that it is well, not being played. I know this because I can't find a game to run it with. From a business perspective (and at 3 plat per run, that is what it is), this is bad for both STS and for Fluff. I see three "issues" limiting the amount of players and the pink drops:
1) It cost plat to run.
2) The drop rates are extremely low because Nuri's pink drop rates are low.
3) It is actually a pretty tough dungeon. (I can't solo it using thrasher on my 56)

Now I see this like the old saying, service, price and quality, pick two out of three. So, looking at it from that business perspective, number 1 can not be eliminated. Upping the pink drop rate is a possibility, but if you over do it, the pinks flood the market, people just buy em with gold, and there really is no reason to run the dungeon after a short spike in running. But number three, that's where the money is. By making it easier, players like Fluff will be able to solo it (after paying for a thrashers of course) which will lead to more games. No more saying, well, I would play but there are no active games. But wait, there's more. When you do have groups, they will kill the bosses at a faster rate, and that means less time between remakes (SPENDING MORE PLAT). Over time, this will make the drop rate appear higher as people will actually be playing the dungeon, instead of say, refreshing the join screen to see if anyone else is playing the dungeon.

GoodSyntax
08-13-2012, 06:02 PM
I agree. It was nice to get in on the 40% Platinum sale, but even with that, I am not itching to burn 3 plat for what I would assume is typical Nuri drop rates.

I mean, if I at least SAW someone with the new gear on - then I might consider it, but given that I haven't even HEARD of anyone with it, let alone seen it...well, sorry STS, I go on enough fools errands.

DataPunk
08-13-2012, 06:45 PM
I did a couple of runs earlier, feels like i wasted money. :( put it on a password and a lvl 71 got in, ran to the boss and kiled it......

GoodSyntax
08-14-2012, 07:38 AM
I withdraw my previous post. It seems that drops have begun (probably was bugged earlier).

I have seen several threads posting the new pinks for sale, so at least it is not just a rumor any more - but either way, I am not going to pay 3 plat for a chance to get the drop.

CrimsonTider
08-14-2012, 07:53 AM
I withdraw my previous post. It seems that drops have begun (probably was bugged earlier).

I have seen several threads posting the new pinks for sale, so at least it is not just a rumor any more - but either way, I am not going to pay 3 plat for a chance to get the drop.

So now we wait to see if crafting/bonuses are involved and their comparison to glyph. This should be very, very interesting....

grenadiers
08-14-2012, 07:59 AM

So now we wait to see if crafting/bonuses are involved and their comparison to glyph. This should be very, very interesting....they don't compare to glyph lol unless there is some really good ones that haven't dropped yet glyph will be superior to the new items

FluffNStuff
08-14-2012, 08:24 AM
they don't compare to glyph lol unless there is some really good ones that haven't dropped yet glyph will be superior to the new items

They seem to be either damage bugged or they should be vanities. Not sure about the armors.