PDA

View Full Version : Feedback: 10th Birthday Event

asommers
11-03-2022, 01:30 PM
We're gathering Birthday feedback in one place!

Let us know what you think!

-ALS

Pickname - Dougim
11-03-2022, 02:04 PM
cut dragon's health in half

[emoji88]

Enviado de meu SM-G770F usando o Tapatalk

dangibg
Dont see the aura in vendor, also better replace lockeds from grand cakes since they drop a lot from bosses and are worth nothing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Switchback
Skim over some chat logs in game and see what the players think.

za[fighter
11-03-2022, 03:02 PM
drop rate of cakes in bosses is too low

Corviss the Lich
11-03-2022, 03:08 PM
can we have one please?

I always lose track of time, and can't tell if Arcanax was killed or not and I'm not going to wait in 1 map doing nothing for 10 minutes.

Kaziscate
11-03-2022, 03:41 PM
Using reroll for the birthday event is a hinderance to the experience of the event. Since we're hunting for cakes from bosses, the cakes reroll into locks and not higher-tier cakes. This would essentially make rerolling a debuff rather than a buff since it can potentially prevent us from looting the things we need from this event. Reroll has been pretty flawed for a while. Its effectiveness has been inconsistent. Either it helps at potentially getting better loot, doesn't work at all because the better loot is in a separate loot table, or does more harm than good by rerolling stuff into locks. Reroll needs to be adjusted to ensure it does what it is supposed to do, which is help the player at getting better loot.

Switchback
11-03-2022, 03:42 PM
One of your pets AA's are ruining the encounter. I'm not being shady.

vitokapagetz
11-03-2022, 03:53 PM
Yes its a bug , shady and surge arcane ability kills dragon instantly (banishes) xD

Sent from my 2201116TI using Tapatalk

Encryptions
11-03-2022, 05:36 PM
Each dragon we fight can there be a top 3 most damage lb? Grand cake #1 Large cake #2 Medium cake #3. This stops people from being afk, and it makes people want to do more damage.
Overall makes the dragon more fun to fight.

championboost
11-03-2022, 06:54 PM
just make it so people who dont attack at all dont get anything
otherwise weak people dont get any loot

Observing
11-03-2022, 06:57 PM
Yeah I'm gonna be honest, not looking forward to more of these raids because of the afks.

Observing
11-03-2022, 07:44 PM
Yeah I'm gonna be honest, not looking forward to more of these raids because of the afks.

Went through that other thread and a system that forces everyone to participate sounds good

Oakmaiden
11-03-2022, 08:15 PM
So far I can’t seem to farm slices anywhere at a reasonable rate to craft enough grands to make top tier. Maybe I’m remembering wrong, but they use to rain everywhere. All my craft stations were crammed. Now it seems they are scarce.
The raid feels like Blotto without a house owner to manage things. Instead of waiting in map for him to appear, his portal closes in between raids.

Arccmage
11-03-2022, 08:25 PM
Increase the slice cake drop rate

Sent from my SM-M225FV using Tapatalk

Snowdager
11-03-2022, 08:25 PM
PLEASE make the map auto kick AFK players. This is unfair, and takes up slots in the map for no reason, making the boss harder to kill. I’ve ran the map once and I’m already disgusted by the amount of people sitting AFK. (See screenshot below). I have a bit of positive feedback, some of the event vanities are not half bad! I like how the gold reflects and shines. The forum thread preview screenshots make them look ugly. In the future, please post gifs instead of still images? This would help a ton! Additionally, start making YouTube video event previews for players to watch. I can make a YouTube event preview video in under 20 minutes, so I know STS can. I believe a lot of players would enjoy watching previews! (Also, to state the obvious AL would be advertised on YT from these videos). If STS doesn’t wish to spend time making a video, reach out to some of the large/popular AL YouTubers. Give them early access to the event in order to make a preview video, I’m sure they’ll be more than willing to do it for free lol.

Snowdager
11-03-2022, 08:27 PM
So far I can’t seem to farm slices anywhere at a reasonable rate to craft enough grands to make top tier. Maybe I’m remembering wrong, but they use to rain everywhere. All my craft stations were crammed. Now it seems they are scarce.
The raid feels like Blotto without a house owner to manage things. Instead of waiting in map for him to appear, his portal closes in between raids.

Speaking of Blotto, what happened to that event? I was looking forward to Blotto this year. In fact, I’d prefer him over the current event.

Avaree
11-03-2022, 08:32 PM
Too bad players didn’t get kicked from map a few seconds after dragon is killed.

mqp2385
11-03-2022, 08:38 PM
Please fix time for less and auto kick afk players. If not all will be sleeping collecting free loot.

Sent from my moto g pure using Tapatalk

Anehazaz
11-03-2022, 09:21 PM
This does not feel like AL..and a disappointing way to start off an event celebrating 10years. It’s a dragon which requires no skill whatsoever to defeat..I’m thinking of training my dog to play, then again she needs more stimulation than this.

Caballero
11-03-2022, 09:47 PM
HDB :3, I would appreciate the STS team to set a time clock to know how long it will take for the dragon boss to appear and also to reduce its appearance, that is, that 10 minutes go by like 5 minutes, people have complained a lot about the time to wait, also to put a table of positions in the events for those who do the most damage when killing the dragon are there and have benefits. Get AFK people off the map who take advantage of the time of other players who do support. Ty team STS, thanks for cheering us up every day with this wonderful game that I love, HBD for alls players and team STS. 🥰

sweeetcakes
11-03-2022, 09:55 PM
what doesnt make sense to me is the crafting of the aura in the vendor section. Recipe is for gold...lol but you need to buy the plat aura to craft it????? How is this fair for the people who are not using plat? I am not asking for myself as I am a plat player, but a friend purchased the recipe...what are we missing here???

Pickname - Dougim
11-03-2022, 10:13 PM
cut the time by at least half it's just a 1 week event and put a good drop, dropping only small and large for the effort is not worth it, you also need a time marker to guide yourself better

birthday to get bored better watch Netflix!

Enviado de meu SM-G770F usando o Tapatalk

Nocturnus
11-03-2022, 11:25 PM
Make the boss free.
What do you expect us to do 10 min sitting on a map?
5 min will be the same? Boring people afk...
It seems obvious to me that this was going to happen.
On the other hand, why everything is so expensive and so few cakes drop? It is a one week event.
I've noticed it doesn't drop cakes on sunken either, just slices.
It's supposed to be the last map and it drops less cake than a 71 map, like infested.
The prizes and vanities are somewhat disappointing as well.
In short, everything is too hard, to be a one-week event. And to "celebrate" a 10th birthday.

Carlysa
11-03-2022, 11:37 PM
There is no enjoyment playing this event due to the boss takes more time to spawn and very less loot

Observing
11-03-2022, 11:42 PM
Too many lazy pigs afk, not gonna bother. Hopefully we get another update sometime this weekend

Nucleus121
11-04-2022, 12:09 AM
1. Convert dragon hp to 1/2 of the current one .

2. The vendor tokens price are too much for the pet . The pet tokens should be decreased to 1/3 .

3. Arcanax drop rate should be higher .Currently it drops literally too much worthless stuff to first wait 10mins of it to be spawned than another 10mins to kill it .

4. Do something about the leechers ..... idling for more than 15seconds should auto kick them during the boss spawn .

5. Badges drop rate should make it accessible easier for 10th bday event . Its 1/25 drop chance in boss kill making it way worse in RNG .

TheBoon
11-04-2022, 12:36 AM
Auto Kick For AFK inside the map please! there is a lot of them!, they fill the map instead of players who wanna participate in boss killing, please do something about those afk players!

Immortal_Blood
11-04-2022, 12:47 AM
Pretty good overall.

Pros:

- Vendor loot (unlocked crate)
- 25 player event zone
- Dragon loot (badge)
- AFK friendly event zone
- Tier rewards

Cons:

- Dragon drops cake slice
- Dragon slow to kill
- Dragon hard to kill
- Dragon doesn't drop tokens
- Damage numbers on dragon (1) isn't shown

Regarding AFK players: I noticed the dragon drops 100g mid-fight, I think players who attack the dragon should receive more gold, or cakes instead..

This way instead of removing AFK players, we simply incentivise people to not be AFK, which on paper seems like it will have the same effect and without the inconvenience of being kicked!
@Cinco, @Asommers, @Remiem

if player deal damage int 100f = true give me 1m else give nothing = true; or something hahahah

PeterB
11-04-2022, 01:03 AM
We need more data on auras please. How do I get the regular aura????

Smilesilly
11-04-2022, 02:14 AM
We're gathering Birthday feedback in one place!

Let us know what you think!

-ALS

To many people afk. . . . . make it so only people that do dmg to boss get loot drops.

mwmbgs
11-04-2022, 02:24 AM
pls make tokens drop

Ak_paradox
11-04-2022, 04:31 AM
If you don’t hit the dragon you shouldn’t get any points. Also reduce some of its health ty

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Holyshox
11-04-2022, 10:13 AM
I think there is no other way than limiting the raid to 4 people to bypass these afk noobs, adjusting drake hp and removing 1 dmg per hit. It would be nice to have a spawn timer, the event is fun and you can also lvl your pets well by farming slices in lair. Conclusion: A great event in itself, except for the fact with the afk...

Gesendet von meinem PRA-LX1 mit Tapatalk

TheBoon
11-04-2022, 10:30 AM
afk nabs really ruining this event *smh*

Nocturnus
11-04-2022, 03:37 PM
Disappointed in the cake too.

Compared to other years, without color, without number, without candles, in short ugly.

PostNoob
11-04-2022, 03:49 PM
Please do not do this to Winter event unless you can fix the widespread disappointment in the 'Raid' encounter .

asommers
11-04-2022, 03:50 PM
Break in the thread for the latest update (link (https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?660724-2022-11-04-Content-Update-(297335))).

-ALS

villamuktiindriyanto
11-04-2022, 06:32 PM
[10th Birthday Event]

1. What's the point of a Classic Mythic item vanity recipe if only the items are rare? Can you added that Classic Mythic item in Locked Birthday Box?

2. Can you make another version (using Gold) at a vendor in this event that sells Vanity for 300 Platinum? There may be another option to use 10,000,000 Gold but become Bound. Because there is a vanity that I want but until now I haven't found a seller. Because maybe "if seen" only me want that vanity XD.

Thank you.

Hamsoloroguer
11-04-2022, 10:09 PM
We are magicians and war wishing farming but we can not because it is difficult even having arcane weapons 81 when they update us since the event bores us all to go to sunke it is almost impossible we do nothing

Nocturnus
11-04-2022, 10:13 PM
After 1 hour in rahabkor.
It doesn't drop cakes, it doesn't slice either.
Amazing...

godfather
11-05-2022, 02:39 AM
I think we are taking forever just to reached the arcane tier and calculating via opening cakes will be so expensive. I hope sts will increase the points because it is totally exhilarating, the boss are too tanky at least we should get a better points. Thank you! Cool event though very fun! Happy birthday!!!

Bai
11-05-2022, 02:58 AM
I have seen most players with Arcane Tier throughout Arlor so i dont think the point is the matter. They should instead add Bound Vanity’s or Arcane Gears with lower rate than the badge.

no hate it’s just my opinion, happy farming ;)

godfather
11-05-2022, 03:00 AM
I have seen most players with Arcane Tier throughout Arlor so i dont think the point is the matter. They should instead add Bound Vanity’s or Arcane Gears with lower rate than the badge.

no hate it’s just my opinion, happy farming ;)

No. They had those arcane tiers because of a bug and was eventually fixed.

flashio
11-05-2022, 04:57 AM
Reduce Arkanax's HP.
Reduce Arkanax's spawn time to 5 minutes.
Remove cake slice drop from Arcanax's loot table.
Add mobs to East Windmoore map. Drop: 1k-5k, cake slice, 1-3 tokens.
Add to Arkanax's loot table: 50-100 tokens.
Increase cake drop rate from bosses around Arlor. Higher lvl Boss=Higher drop rate.
Increase cake slice drop rate from mobs around Arlor. Higher lvl mob=Higher drop rate.

Overall, make running fell smoother and more rewarding. Nobody likes to spend 10minutes all to loot a cake slice.

Nucleus121
11-05-2022, 06:08 AM
The boss tends to push us and then most of us in lobby do not get the drop . Decrease the push range and increase the range from where the boss gives us confirmed loot . Otherwise we wasting like 20mins there for 0 drops .

Also the slice of cake needs to be removed from arcanax drop table .

DARK KNIGHT
11-05-2022, 08:56 AM
Based title lmao

Neutrone
11-05-2022, 10:55 AM
You have a whole 5 more days, I think you'll be fine

Xuds
11-05-2022, 11:29 AM
You can get cakes for free by farming them

Sent from my DE2118 using Tapatalk

PostNoob
11-05-2022, 11:56 AM
If you are trying to farm unlocked crates ill save you the trouble. They are absolutely trash. I would be surprised if a single person looted an arcane from it.

Don't waste your time & gold.

Kaziscate
11-05-2022, 01:00 PM
After 1 hour in rahabkor.
It doesn't drop cakes, it doesn't slice either.
Amazing...

Planar arena seems to be the best place so far for farming cakes. Also don’t use luck since it will reroll the cakes into locks.

HappyDINO
11-05-2022, 01:00 PM
hi free bump testing new signature

Nocturnus
11-05-2022, 01:52 PM
Planar arena seems to be the best place so far for farming cakes. Also don’t use luck since it will reroll the cakes into locks.

Infested is the best map for farming cakes, which is kind of stupid because it's a 71 map, since rahabkor or sunken are 81 maps, it doesn't drop a single cake.
And according to the map with more level, better drop.
A total lie.
On the other hand, Planar Arena is a good map but really slow.
But it's actually an old map that pretends to be a map 81, but totally weak.
But it's not a map from the current expansion, which is where the best drop is supposed to be.
On the other hand you have a "special" event dragon, which drops purely slice.
The drop is nowhere near correct.
Or at least they should stop saying in every event "higher map level better drop".

asommers
11-05-2022, 03:59 PM
Infested is the best map for farming cakes, which is kind of stupid because it's a 71 map, since rahabkor or sunken are 81 maps, it doesn't drop a single cake.
A total lie.
But it's not a map from the current expansion, which is where the best drop is supposed to be.
Or at least they should stop saying in every event "higher map level better drop".

Sorry, took me a while to decipher your screed. "Zodias dungeons don't appear to be dropping birthday loot. Can you take a look? Thanks!" would have been simpler to understand.

Anyway, this is fixed in the latest server (content) update.

-ALS

Kaziscate
11-05-2022, 03:59 PM
A total lie.

In the event guide it doesn't say that higher levels give better drops, it just says that cakes drop from bosses and enemies that are no more than 10 levels below yours, so level 71-81 bosses have the same drop rate.

asommers
11-05-2022, 04:04 PM
Break in the thread for the latest update (link (https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?660895-2022-11-05-Content-Update-(297368))).

-ALS

Oakmaiden
11-05-2022, 04:06 PM
Slices and cakes should drop in all maps. It’s more interesting. I like to start in Brakenridge and run thru all the expansions. I just don’t get the need to restrict it to 10 levels or 2 expansions. Hauntlet gets monotonous and mogera is toooooo grindy. Drops everywhere please.

That’s how it was in the first place.

Stephencobear
11-05-2022, 04:09 PM
I don’t like the mechanics of the dragon fight
Only doing one point of damage means ppl are still not helping as they’re just chatting & once in a while doing something

Why not make a joke character naked w a fishing pole if all our hard won gear and pets are irrelevant?

Also the badge is literally the only good drop, not sure why to run this map

Sakura Bushido
11-05-2022, 04:20 PM
Dear spacetime Studio's,
Would be amazing to see current health of big "raid style" bosses in % or in numbers to see it decreasing.

New X aura might need a update to add like new wicked arti effect (the stripes going up) but pink, right now it seems too boring for a birtday aura!

Update notes should inform about changed points u get from opening cakes.

Keep up the work!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G996B met Tapatalk

asommers
11-05-2022, 04:53 PM
I don’t like the mechanics of the dragon fight
Only doing one point of damage means ppl are still not helping as they’re just chatting & once in a while doing something

Why not make a joke character naked w a fishing pole if all our hard won gear and pets are irrelevant?

Also the badge is literally the only good drop, not sure why to run this map

The intent was a fun place for players of all levels to gather, hang out, and celebrate 10 years of Arcane Legends. The encounter was to be level-friendly, I didn't want the boss one-shotted, I didn't want anyone killed, etc., instead the boss blows bubbles and turns you into a cake.

It's not always about combat, sometimes the experience is the reward. I have noticed that when I go into the game, both play and watch others play the encounter, players generally look like they're having fun -- pushing/pulling/chasing the dragon, laughing and celebrating when someone gets something good. I've even seen badges looted while I was in the zone.

I get you may not like the content, but I can't please everyone. It's a free event in a free game giving out free stuff. It'll run for a week and then we'll move on.

Thanks for the feedback.

-ALS

Nocturnus
11-05-2022, 04:55 PM
Sorry, took me a while to decipher your screed. "Zodias dungeons don't appear to be dropping birthday loot. Can you take a look? Thanks!" would have been simpler to understand.

Anyway, this is fixed in the latest server (content) update.

-ALS

It was already mentioned several times in other threads and comments, even above I mentioned that rahabkor did not drop anything.
Anyway, I'll try to explain it better next time.

Stephencobear
11-05-2022, 06:39 PM
The intent was a fun place for players of all levels to gather, hang out, and celebrate 10 years of Arcane Legends. The encounter was to be level-friendly, I didn't want the boss one-shotted, I didn't want anyone killed, etc., instead the boss blows bubbles and turns you into a cake.

It's not always about combat, sometimes the experience is the reward. I have noticed that when I go into the game, both play and watch others play the encounter, players generally look like they're having fun -- pushing/pulling/chasing the dragon, laughing and celebrating when someone gets something good. I've even seen badges looted while I was in the zone.

I get you may not like the content, but I can't please everyone. It's a free event in a free game giving out free stuff. It'll run for a week and then we'll move on.

Thanks for the feedback.

-ALS

Fair point- still not a fan of the mechanics
so I made a naked joke toon w a fishing pole XD

Sakura Bushido
11-05-2022, 06:44 PM
Dear spacetime Studio's,
Would be amazing to see current health of big "raid style" bosses in % or in numbers to see it decreasing.

New X aura might need a update to add like new wicked arti effect (the stripes going up) but pink, right now it seems too boring for a birtday aura!

Update notes should inform about changed points u get from opening cakes.

Keep up the work!

Posted again as requested!

Pictures added to show the pink effect that should be considered changed + clearly visable effect starts under caracter also gems stay too low! https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20221105/a0549b3aeb9c4dade325d1d45eb41368.jpg

Sakura Bushido
11-05-2022, 08:39 PM
Is there a way to obtain Priya her dress? Maybe by birthday tokenshttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20221106/5a189b16b83772aa67581bd4100545f0.jpg

Neutrone
11-06-2022, 01:36 AM
Hi @asommers could you add the [Dead Game] title under the "For you" area for Grand Cakes loot? I just think its unfair that the cake opener has to play the same game of chance as everyone when they are the ones who farmed/bought the cakes.. I don't mind it staying as loot for everyone but I'd like the reassurance that theres a chance for me to loot it as the cake opener (similar to how cake furniture can be looted by the Bandit and you as the opener have a chance to loot it yourself, without the bandit). Cheers.

Immortal_Blood
11-06-2022, 06:29 AM

Thanks for the feedback.

-ALS

:D Perhaps you saw my badge get donated to a random player then eh? :P hahahhaa

nathan2693
11-06-2022, 10:54 AM
2.5/5 stars.... the vanities' design on event store are a bit disappointing. the warrior's shield vanity. is almost perfect but this wand like thingy with x near its tip ruined it... The only thing that caught my attention on it is the banner but still i dunno if i should get it or not...

Can we have an F Clef Aura soon? Since we have an existing G clef aura in game already which is Elondrian Minstrel's Aura, i would like to see a F clef aura someday and make it Silver since Elondrian Minstrel's Aura is in Gold color. thank you...

Xuds
11-06-2022, 01:20 PM
The dragon should also drop guaranteed tokens along with the already existing loot table

Sent from my DE2118 using Tapatalk

Thewolfbull
11-06-2022, 05:05 PM
Can the token amount from cakes be highered? You need to open close to 400 grand cakes to get one of everything in vendor.

Mojos
11-07-2022, 02:31 AM
so many botters… staying at the portal and hitting air lol

nice event… got arcane weap and badge on my hc (unlocked crate}

Titanium
11-07-2022, 09:32 AM
Slice pet - From a hardcore perspective its nearly impossible to get this (7500 tokens). Please increase the drop rate of cakes and maybe all bosses from arlor to have cakes in their loot table.

To get this pet with tokens the most effective way is to open 75 grand cakes. It taken upon 30 hours to farm this without dying. And it’s mythic. Not heroic nor arcane. As a curiousity. How many people purchased this pet until now.

Dragon boss drops - slices, small, medium cakes are more frequent than grand or large and you dont receive any tokens by defeating the boss.

Vendor store items - very expensive and nothing flashy. Thought something else would be added here like red medusa or something which will make us blown away.

I was hoping for something more but yeah. Atleast we are being social in east windmoore.

Kaziscate
11-08-2022, 11:05 AM
The afk kick is a bit too strict. It should kick 10-15 seconds after Arcanax spawns to give players time to react. Also 600 pulls for a guaranteed arcane is too much. If there was a plat sale it would be fine.

Péter Ferenczi
11-08-2022, 10:22 PM
@asommers then why we can't wait 2 or 3 days after the halloween event was ended? This rushed birthday event was not the best move. This event has to be the best in the game but lot of potencial miss here and this last time add the boss drop token to get that overpriced stuffs is just a simple joke and get it all in almost 1 day is nearly impossible for the players who work-have family and not just play the game 0-24. If you need time to check the next event work cool then the players understand that but this unfinished stuff sorry but not worthy for a 10th birthday. I play this game from the beggining and it was the most disapointed event i ever see in any game and i think im not the only one.
Why do you not listen to your players advices? :/
I hope the game survive an another year and we can get this dragon fight much more impressive and we can finaly have a word boss not just a disco lover dragon who get bullied by 25 player... :/

Xyv.io
11-08-2022, 11:26 PM
Good that you guys tried raid feature, I liked it but there was no way to reward someone who did most damage and punish someone who was afk.. in most games, most damage dealer gets better rewards.
Apart from that you should've made zodias bosses drop cakes from the beginning of the event.
Again saying, please don't give updates when there's only few days remaining in the event.

Immortal_Blood
11-09-2022, 07:41 AM
Idea: 5 grand cakes being opened in zone spawns Arcanax instantly, unless its already spawned.. hahah

iheartu
11-09-2022, 08:31 AM
I like that it is hardcore-friendly and even low level can join to kill event boss. Even though at first few days it took so much hours to get points to reach the final tier, atleast u have listened and adjusted the points given from boss and replaced the slice cake with tokens. Was able to get the tier badge on few of my alts. I like the vendor which offers many items but the cost of each item example bound weapons are a bit high. I feel like 1 week is not enough to get all those items. Which I wanted if I have given more time to farm cakes.

I hope birthday bandit drop mythic vanity weapons rather than recipes as I dont know whether we can still loot the weapon from maps or chest locked.

Oakmaiden
11-10-2022, 09:43 AM
I leaned into it, farmed slices and dropped into the raid. It was too grindy. The Birthday event was light hearted and fun in the beginning. When we could romp through ANY map gathering slices from mobs and cakes from bosses.
Now it’s Hauntlet rinse and repeat. Maybe this wouldn’t feel this way if the vendor of bound items wasn’t so costly.
As for the raid, waiting drains potions and pets. Add some mini mobs dropping slices and tokens. Points and tokens and Grand cakes from boss. Do update cake content. Birthday parties should be fun. There are enough “pro” events for those who need a challenge.

Nialam
11-10-2022, 08:22 PM
Why opening cakes during cooldown don't give tokens ??? I just ended crafting and I opened 18 grand cakes because I needed 1800 more tokens to buy Slice pet and... no tokens given... I think it's an error ro disable tokens from cakes during cooldown...

asommers
11-10-2022, 10:29 PM
Why opening cakes during cooldown don't give tokens ???

This has been fixed in the latest server (content) update. See details here (link (https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?661734-2022-11-10-Content-Update-(297602))).

-ALS

Nialam
11-11-2022, 03:29 AM
Thank you very much for the fix about cakes tokens !