PDA

View Full Version : About the return of S1 rares.

Mythocrisis
11-10-2022, 08:23 AM
Hi,
I would like to enquire about the season 1 items that comprise of crier sets, brown heraldic(war- chocolate color) , black heraldic (rogue), heraldics for mage (blue/dark blue), flurry sets etc.

People are saying that they have confirmation that such items will never return to AL in the form of vanities or gear ie won't return as the same. Also I'm told Specifically Cinco has conveyed this information.

Since these items are going in the billions, and people are wondering to buy them with the help of converting plat to gold, would you confirm this information given by a developer.

Itzmemohsin
11-10-2022, 09:15 AM
Until and unless an item is a vanity that has been released earlier , it won't be re-released again [That's what's the devs have said previously] .

The thing with armour and helm sets is that , pretty recently we had forgotten vanity event where forerunner & founder sets vanities were available for purchase with platinum, same thing can possibly happen with the other collectable armour and helm collectables , they could also be converted into vanities in the future .

Oakmaiden
11-10-2022, 09:15 AM
My experience is... they can tell you one thing today. Positively. For sure.... Then next month change their minds and do exactly the opposite. There’s no contract.

Mythocrisis
11-10-2022, 10:04 AM
My experience is... they can tell you one thing today. Positively. For sure.... Then next month change their minds and do exactly the opposite. There’s no contract.

That's exactly why I want a dev to answer this since these are season 1 rares... Like original rares and I heard from a collector that they had said something about this.
Hope a developer clarifies this.

Spooked
11-10-2022, 10:27 AM
Recently bought a crier, and still contemplating buying a black heraldic set for rogue. I havent really let the idea of them returning hold me back or lead my decision making.
I wouldnt mind if either returned, but it would depend on in what quantities they are returned.
Regardless, i don’t see a clear reason why sts would want to return them. They have already mastered the art of lazy recolors; why not..like.. stop returning nostalgic items under the pretense of giving every one a chance to get them, while mainly doing it to rake in some quick bucks, but make a new heraldic

Xuds
11-10-2022, 10:37 AM
They wouldnt be bringing back the original "armor" the armor would still be rare if there was a vanity version. On this note they should add blue founder brown heraldic and black heraldic as vanities in the plat store next forgotten vanity event

Sent from my DE2118 using Tapatalk

Mythocrisis
11-10-2022, 11:01 AM
They wouldnt be bringing back the original "armor" the armor would still be rare if there was a vanity version. On this note they should add blue founder brown heraldic and black heraldic as vanities in the plat store next forgotten vanity event

There has been multitudes of recolors of this set.
But again we can contemplate on this topic however we want.
We want answers so we can spend on this big buck not worrying about post worries.

PostNoob
11-10-2022, 11:31 AM
There has been multitudes of recolors of this set.
But again we can contemplate on this topic however we want.
We want answers so we can spend on this big buck not worrying about post worries.

If you want it buy it, if you are scared to lose gold then don't. Its not up to sts to validate gold purchases for you lmfao.

Mythocrisis
11-10-2022, 12:01 PM
If you want it buy it, if you are scared to lose gold then don't. Its not up to sts to validate gold purchases for you lmfao.

It's their game they make the calls.
Again just looking for an answer from the intended.
Appreciate your opinion too.

flashio
11-10-2022, 12:46 PM

Basically every piece of gear is valid for a return as a Vanity item.

Mythocrisis
11-10-2022, 01:08 PM

Basically every piece of gear is valid for a return as a Vanity item.

Then why are these items still high in price.
I would like a confirmation why haven't they added these items already in past forgotten events.

Anehazaz
11-10-2022, 01:34 PM
I would like a confirmation why haven't they added these items already in past forgotten events.
What else do you need? The items that are high in price are armor pieces not vanity..Cinco clearly says all fair game to be made into a vanity. This year was the turn of the forerunners and others, next year there will be something different. It will be something enticing enough to encourage people to take part in the event. I doubt you will get an answer that is clearer than said above.

Ilove_Poopoo
11-10-2022, 02:09 PM
I would like a confirmation why haven't they added these items already in past forgotten events.Well, they slowly are. They've already started by bringing in Forerunners, Founder sets last time (despite saying they wont touch valuable stuff).

Its just a matter of time and more of these forgotten events to accomodate aforementioned items.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Economy
11-10-2022, 02:56 PM
Bruhh just stop the whole forgotten vanity event !!!
Id love to see it canceled like frl

Verbie
11-10-2022, 05:30 PM
How about asking for new vanities?

Can you imagine how uninspiring it is to have a new design only to have requests for old stuff every single time? Wouldn't be surprised if thats one of the reasons for the recolours.

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk

drawfflerz
11-10-2022, 06:01 PM
i dont know why sts make this 'forgotten vanity event'....
Me as old player since 2013 feel underappreciated even they make Anniversary event still not much...
You need to open locked crate to get badge, or buy from others.. but still using money.
Why not dev and the team give us a banner each acc with different year they start playing. Or give 2012-2013 years old acc free bound vanity set.

(sorry for my broken english)

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

Ploid
11-10-2022, 06:49 PM
i dont know why sts make this 'forgotten vanity event'....
Me as old player since 2013 feel underappreciated even they make Anniversary event still not much...
You need to open locked crate to get badge, or buy from others.. but still using money.
Why not dev and the team give us a banner each acc with different year they start playing. Or give 2012-2013 years old acc free bound vanity set.

(sorry for my broken english)

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using TapatalkGet overall lb and you can get banner for every season.

If you have been playing for many years, if u spent 10min each day doing aps, you would have been finished by now lol.

Peace.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Nocturnus
11-10-2022, 07:00 PM
According to what the devs have said repeatedly.
They will not return in the form of an item or gear.
But they could come back in the form of vanity, which is a totally different thing.
Except the items that are already vanity, those will no longer return. Just recolors.

Bug
11-10-2022, 07:11 PM
Make new set of vanities instead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spooked
11-10-2022, 07:13 PM
But they could come back in the form of vanity, which is a totally different thing.
Except the items that are already vanity, those will no longer return. Just recolors.

but it will still take away nearly all the value of the item. that's the point most of us are trying to make lol
forerunners have never been the rarest or most expensive collectable, this is different when you add criers, epic and rare heraldics into the conversation.
Many people have put countless hours in getting enough gold to buy the absolute rarest of rare items in the game.
Personally i don't understand why these items HAVE to come back, why not please both parties and recolor the heraldic to both satisfy the people who want to obtain a new heraldic they like, while also keeping the collecting scene alive.
but im fairly impartial in the matter, i just dont see the logic in it

Ilove_Poopoo
11-10-2022, 08:01 PM
but it will still take away nearly all the value of the item. that's the point most of us are trying to make lol
forerunners have never been the rarest or most expensive collectable, this is different when you add criers, epic and rare heraldics into the conversation.
Many people have put countless hours in getting enough gold to buy the absolute rarest of rare items in the game.
Personally i don't understand why these items HAVE to come back, why not please both parties and recolor the heraldic to both satisfy the people who want to obtain a new heraldic they like, while also keeping the collecting scene alive.
but im fairly impartial in the matter, i just dont see the logic in itAs someone had said before, discontinued items do not function the same way like exclusive leaderboard items do, and there is always the possibility that they will be re-released.

It's similar to when companies re-release previous product releases. They never stated that the product was exclusive or provided a set production run, so they don't have any obligations to maintain the rarity.

They say they won't bring in the valuable stuff, but It has already happened with forerunners, Founders and Soulhunt sets that were also discontinued items from the early seasons, deemed exclusive by many, and it was approaching a 7 digit figure before they released it for plat recently. At the end of the day its their final call.

Spooked
11-10-2022, 08:31 PM
As someone had said before, discontinued items do not function the same way like exclusive leaderboard items do, and there is always the possibility that they will be re-released.

It's similar to when companies re-release previous product releases. They never stated that the product was exclusive or provided a set production run, so they don't have any obligations to maintain the rarity.

They say they won't bring in the valuable stuff, but It has already happened with forerunners, Founders and Soulhunt sets that were also discontinued items from the early seasons, deemed exclusive by many, and it was approaching a 7 digit figure before they released it for plat recently. At the end of the day its their final call.

Good points, yet i still stand by what said.
I know, and i never said it was promised to be exclusive, but this doesnt mean nuking the price is fair.
In the end its a battle of interests. People who don’t want to lose all their hard earned gold will be against, people who just want to enjoy the item will endorse it.
All im trying to say is; theres a middle ground.
And even if i didnt have my toes dabbled in the Anti-Rare-Return-Fest camp, i’d see it as an overall W if we could get some new recolors (or even slightly new design variants) of the heraldics
Anyways.. next tour of arlor when?

Avaree
11-10-2022, 08:40 PM
I looked for the post by a dev, that (not word for word) said “s1 items wouldn’t be coming back” it was posted in one of the 2 forgotten vanity threads, I can’t find it in either thread now.
But that’s besides the point.

I have to agree with Spooked on this mater, many players have played long and hard to obtain enough gold to get a s1 item, it would be very disheartening to those players who own an item from s1 to have it loose value, by a mass release of that item in a vanity form. It would be the same feeling to those who ran their heart and soul out to earn top event LB spot, just for a bound vanity only years later have it released to the community for x amount of plat.

IF sts decides to have a s1 come back on certain items in vanity form, pls include caps xD and ask owners of such original items if they want their item converted at no cost to a vanity.

At the end of the day this is their (sts) game, they will do what they think is best for the community.

Ilove_Poopoo
11-10-2022, 08:49 PM
Good points, yet i still stand by what said.
I know, and i never said it was promised to be exclusive, but this doesnt mean nuking the price is fair.
In the end its a battle of interests. People who don’t want to lose all their hard earned gold will be against, people who just want to enjoy the item will endorse it.
All im trying to say is; theres a middle ground.
And even if i didnt have my toes dabbled in the Anti-Rare-Return-Fest camp, i’d see it as an overall W if we could get some new recolors (or even slightly new design variants) of the heraldics
Anyways.. next tour of arlor when?Yes I agree. It'll end with the interest of people.

The data that STS holds from forgotten events, in which players opposing the release of rares, and those who would want them in store next time around - all factor in.

In the end, developers will take the actions necessary to ensure the game maintains revenue to operate - even if it's a bitter pill to swallow.

Not that I want discontinued items to return, but rather raising awareness of what has happened and what can happen based on prior events.

Nocturnus
11-10-2022, 09:00 PM
but im fairly impartial in the matter, i just dont see the logic in it

I have not given any opinion, which is irrelevant.
I have only said what the devs said in response to the original question in the thread.
So if the question is, will these items return in the form of vanity?
The answer is, yes it is very likely.

Pyroflame
11-10-2022, 10:22 PM
As far as i can see, releasing the vanity version doesn't make the original gear less rare.

For example, we now hardly find a legendary forerunner set, let alone twinkie level 1-2 legendary set. i have no idea how and where to buy a forerunner helm legendary now.

Collector job is to collect original gears, not vanity versions of it.

Ilove_Poopoo
11-10-2022, 10:54 PM
As far as i can see, releasing the vanity version doesn't make the original gear less rare.

For example, we now hardly find a legendary forerunner set, let alone twinkie level 1-2 legendary set. i have no idea how and where to buy a forerunner helm legendary now.

Collector job is to collect original gears, not vanity versions of it. The release of a vanity version nullifies the gear, as it is essentially an upgrade - it can be worn at any level over any gear. The gear version losses its value as there is no point when it can be mimiced by the vanity.

drawfflerz
11-10-2022, 10:54 PM
or dev can make the vanity the same as they made armor of the watch & villainous watch vanity, same but slightly different in color.

Mythocrisis
11-11-2022, 01:00 AM
Looks like they will return at one point as vanities .
Ty

Fytheo
11-11-2022, 09:40 AM
I would love to own these pieces too BUT - Don't do this please... It is supposed to be a memory. Artifact of the past. What else do we have left if not these items? Even if it's just a memory..

pfizer
11-11-2022, 10:04 AM
I just do not see the point of returning the OG vanities/items, like it only gives a brief sec of excitement and enjoyment but the main effect is simply to destroy or devalue that item. The good examples were the forerunners and green arlor set, nobody wears those vanities anymore because it is literally accessible easily. The OG items should be given prestige since it connotes AL history, a past, and nostalgic memories - every OG items lived long enough to tell a story. STS should instead innovate and not to bring back the old ones. The OG items are just mostly expensive and look pretty in the eyes of many because it is rare, but trust me once it is common like back in the days only few players are appreciating it. My 2 cents.....

Warriorknown
11-11-2022, 10:41 AM
I just do not see the point of returning the OG vanities/items, like it only gives a brief sec of excitement and enjoyment but the main effect is simply to destroy or devalue that item. The good examples were the forerunners and green arlor set, nobody wears those vanities anymore because it is literally accessible easily. The OG items should be given prestige since it connotes AL history, a past, and nostalgic memories - every OG items lived long enough to tell a story. STS should instead innovate and not to bring back the old ones. The OG items are just mostly expensive and look pretty in the eyes of many because it is rare, but trust me once it is common like back in the days only few players are appreciating it. My 2 cents.....

Nothing but facts.

Immortal_Blood
11-11-2022, 10:54 AM
This thread reminds me of the L71 EMS re-release on PL, The EMS (elite marlin sword) is a badass blue huge sword in the shape of a fish; one of the most expensive items.

It was re-released as a level 110 weapon, recolored. The model is the same though, which IMO is what is important.

If this would happen to the S1 rares, IDK if it would make a difference as the model is insignificant?

Either way, maybe you'll still get that question of "how is your sword blue?" etc. :D

Spooked
11-11-2022, 12:15 PM
This thread reminds me of the L71 EMS re-release on PL, The EMS (elite marlin sword) is a badass blue huge sword in the shape of a fish; one of the most expensive items.

It was re-released as a level 110 weapon, recolored. The model is the same though, which IMO is what is important.

If this would happen to the S1 rares, IDK if it would make a difference as the model is insignificant?

Either way, maybe you'll still get that question of "how is your sword blue?" etc. :D

Exactly,
This is what many of us are saying. A recolor of for example the heraldics is nothing new. There must be around 6 different heraldic color palletes for each class by now.

gobbels
11-12-2022, 06:51 AM
id like myself flurry hat and tabbard set mage or warrior. Winter is coming and Sts is going to gift us our tabbard sets. Maybe also add older lb vanities to store for plat, could stonk big.

Avaree
11-12-2022, 08:20 AM
id like myself flurry hat and tabbard set mage or warrior. Winter is coming and Sts is going to gift us our tabbard sets. Maybe also add older lb vanities to store for plat, could stonk big.

When Cinco asked for opinions in what the community would like to see released in the forgotten vanity event thread, tabard was suggested several times, (bc I deleted the ss, I can’t back this up) one dev said “sorry not gonna happen.” (not word for word)

All artist have an original first piece they drew/painted/crafted - I would love to see what has been designed but never released, IF there are scribbles of vanities lurking that have never been released, STS please show them off, let the community voice what they would love to see as the next possible “shiny new toy”.

Observing
11-12-2022, 01:22 PM
Idk why these old useless "collector" items always get compared to lb items which take actual effort to obtain. Like Goddamn, if I could sit in town all day and get lb items I would but that's just not the case.

Spooked
11-12-2022, 01:25 PM
Idk why these old useless "collector" items always get compared to lb items which take actual effort to obtain. Like Goddamn, if I could sit in town all day and get lb items I would but that's just not the case.

As someone who has ran Multiple top10’s Top 25’s and Top 50’s; it took me longer to get the gold for a crier than farming a 2 week event.

Avaree
11-12-2022, 03:00 PM
As someone who has ran Multiple top10’s Top 25’s and Top 50’s; it took me longer to get the gold for a crier than farming a 2 week event.

Well said!!

Ploid
11-13-2022, 02:07 AM
As someone who has ran Multiple top10’s Top 25’s and Top 50’s; it took me longer to get the gold for a crier than farming a 2 week event.You will still have the armor version even if they release the vanity. The armor version's rarity would still be the same however it'll be less desirable.

If you bought for nostalgia, you can still have it with the armor version. If you bought it for investment, things happen and prices change drastically.

Sofie
11-13-2022, 03:52 AM
Hi,
I would like to enquire about the season 1 items that comprise of crier sets, brown heraldic(war- chocolate color) , black heraldic (rogue), heraldics for mage (blue/dark blue), flurry sets etc.

People are saying that they have confirmation that such items will never return to AL in the form of vanities or gear ie won't return as the same. Also I'm told Specifically Cinco has conveyed this information.

Since these items are going in the billions, and people are wondering to buy them with the help of converting plat to gold, would you confirm this information given by a developer.i remember seeing someone asking for the black heraldics back for next year in the forgotten event, Cinco said they can probably make vanity versions of it.
But i'm not sure...

Enviado de meu M2004J19C usando o Tapatalk

Sofie
11-13-2022, 04:19 AM
i remember seeing someone asking for the black heraldics back for next year in the forgotten event, Cinco said they can probably make vanity versions of it.
But i'm not sure...

Enviado de meu M2004J19C usando o Tapatalkoh they are red, I was wrong xD But here's what he said.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20221113/449ef2aec79ea69b626c05100f0702ee.jpg

Mythocrisis
11-13-2022, 06:12 AM
oh they are red, I was wrong xD But here's what he said.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20221113/449ef2aec79ea69b626c05100f0702ee.jpg

Thank you for this post.
I had seen this but did not have a ss.

Avaree
11-13-2022, 07:16 AM
oh they are red, I was wrong xD But here's what he said.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20221113/449ef2aec79ea69b626c05100f0702ee.jpg

Guess we shall just wait and see (:

Spooked
11-13-2022, 07:32 AM

be very surprised if they returned these, allthough there are probably 0 players who still own them, these were (if i recall correctly) open beta or begin launch premium account vanities.
truly nothing is sacred haha

drawfflerz
11-13-2022, 11:50 PM

Enviado de meu M2004J19C usando o Tapatalkthis is arcane tabard set. and it is bound item.

Kumsaati
11-27-2022, 02:37 AM
It was clearly stated by Cinco that high value items will not return. If they will return any of crier or heraldics. I will delete game, it’s unbelievable.

Mythocrisis
11-27-2022, 08:23 AM
It was clearly stated by Cinco that high value items will not return. If they will return any of crier or heraldics. I will delete game, it’s unbelievable.

Buddy .
The whole thread was asking for a proof of that statement.
Everyone here said otherwise and also provided proof.
Please back your statement with proof and not your feelings.
And I don't think cinco meant that for high value LB /previous plat sold vanities.

|Ares|
11-27-2022, 11:21 AM

> high value items
> items that people could loot in normal chests in maps and were worth completely nothing at the time

Keep the event leaderboard vanities as "high value items", not something you could find in Brackenridge Forest 8 years ago.

Repent
11-27-2022, 02:30 PM
I mean if it was lootable years ago I don't see why we can't loot them today. Lb items should never be redone or given out for plat imo.

Spooked
11-28-2022, 01:23 AM
> high value items
> items that people could loot in normal chests in maps and were worth completely nothing at the time

Keep the event leaderboard vanities as "high value items", not something you could find in Brackenridge Forest 8 years ago.

i think you are a little bit misinformed over where heraldics came from

Kumsaati
11-28-2022, 03:37 AM
Buddy .
The whole thread was asking for a proof of that statement.
Everyone here said otherwise and also provided proof.
Please back your statement with proof and not your feelings.
And I don't think cinco meant that for high value LB /previous plat sold vanities.
I don’t have time to dig 6k posts of Cinco. However, there was a thread similar to this 2-3 years ago and Cinco was saying that high value collectables that will effect game economy will not return.
Please come back with your brain next time.

Kumsaati
11-28-2022, 03:40 AM
> high value items

It’s literally hilarious. You clearly have no interest on these “old items”. You just want old items to lose their value since your lb items will be expensive? Disgusting

Titanium
11-28-2022, 03:58 AM
We are living different times and people to have the same appreciation for collections as we used to have back in the day. I understood this very clear when i have returned after 4 years break. The difference between those old times (2013-2015) and now is that we are having atleast 500-600 vanity items per class vs back then maybe 6-8 vanity sets per class. We were using collections cause we didnt have so many options.

People don’t even keep a vanity for more than 2months. They buy infernal set now and they get bored of it then they trade it for red arlor.

Mythocrisis
11-28-2022, 11:26 AM
I don’t have time to dig 6k posts of Cinco. However, there was a thread similar to this 2-3 years ago and Cinco was saying that high value collectables that will effect game economy will not return.
Please come back with your brain next time.
*comes back with brain.

Proof?
There's people who posted proof from 6k posts of cinco saying it might /"is game" Regarding crier/heraldic and even tabard bound sets literally straight from him.

Oh yes, please come back with your eyes.

Oawaoebi
11-28-2022, 11:29 AM
Ye and don’t forget chips pls

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Kumsaati
11-28-2022, 11:47 AM
https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?523354-Preview-The-Forgotten-Vanity-Event!&p=3328298#post3328298
Please stop it. Go farm and buy crier.

Mythocrisis
11-28-2022, 12:15 PM
@STS hope you would intervene to give your community a picture regarding this at least now.

Ty

Cinco
11-28-2022, 12:34 PM
Hi,

Since these items are going in the billions, and people are wondering to buy them with the help of converting plat to gold, would you confirm this information given by a developer.

If it's already a vanity it's not likely to return. I would prefer not to bring back old vanity items.

If it's not a vanity item it's fair game to come back in vanity fashion. Let's not confuse rare / collectible with "vanity."

Titanium
11-28-2022, 01:36 PM
If it's already a vanity it's not likely to return. I would prefer not to bring back old vanity items.

If it's not a vanity item it's fair game to come back in vanity fashion. Let's not confuse rare / collectible with "vanity."

I have a question. At some point in time green arlor set was more rare and worthy than red arlor and I’ve seen that vanity setur return.

We will ever see red arlor set available in crates or in store? Cause last time there was a poll many for it’s return there were some hints coming from your side that it might come back.

I know this subject brings a lot of confusion and many of us speculate. Recently I’ve heard some rumors about it.

Avaree
11-28-2022, 01:40 PM
I have a question. At some point in time green arlor set was more rare and worthy than red arlor and I’ve seen that vanity setur return.

We will ever see red arlor set available in crates or in store? Cause last time there was a poll many for it’s return there were some hints coming from your side that it might come back.

I know this subject brings a lot of confusion and many of us speculate. Recently I’ve heard some rumors about it.

They only intended to release the green arlors for tank and mage, from what I was told, the rogs’ set slipped in on error.

|Ares|
11-28-2022, 02:24 PM
It’s literally hilarious. You clearly have no interest on these “old items”. You just want old items to lose their value since your lb items will be expensive? Disgusting

I couldn't care less if developers decide to release anything from the past in the game again whether its aura, vanity set or an item. Pay more attention to gameplay instead.

Xuds
11-28-2022, 02:31 PM
I think the person complaining doesn't understand that a crier or whatever else isn't a vanity. It's a armor that isn't a vanity. The armor can be turned into a vanity. They are not re releasing a vanity because it is a armor.

Snowman Is here
11-28-2022, 04:47 PM

These rare / collectible sets are currently being sold/traded for 1b+ per piece between collectors, how does forgotten event not provocate massive outcry and drama between the community when these sets are releasing as vanity for a few plat?

i’m a bit over the forgotten event entirely. It’s a waste of everyone’s time and energy, nobody is going to farm 4-5 days into an event where they loot vanity that sells in auction for 1k, not to mention the vanity sale in store is left until the very end of the event. Perhaps have the event run for 48 hours, put whatever sets for sale in the store and be done with it. Focus more on the events that everyone enjoy

Confess
11-28-2022, 05:14 PM
I agree, completely

Dozers
11-28-2022, 05:32 PM
These rare / collectible sets are currently being sold/traded for 1b+ per piece between collectors, how does forgotten event not provocate massive outcry and drama between the community when these sets are releasing as vanity for a few plat?

i’m a bit over the forgotten event entirely. It’s a waste of everyone’s time and energy, nobody is going to farm 4-5 days into an event where they loot vanity that sells in auction for 1k, not to mention the vanity sale in store is left until the very end of the event. Perhaps have the event run for 48 hours, put whatever sets for sale in the store and be done with it. Focus more on the events that everyone enjoy

Maybe they should change some stuff in the event perhaps, maybe not vanities which no one wants perhaps? Though, having all vanities which people actually want would drive prices down. If we have those vanities that sell for 1k, then who is going to invest time into the event. So maybe the event needs a rework somehow to have that balance of being worth to grind but not destroying the economy - much easier said than done.

Avaree
11-28-2022, 06:20 PM
Maybe they should have an event where players can use disliked vanities to craft BOUND vanities of their choice from a selected list composed by community wants, (similar to the last (eggZ event) excluding LB vanities . Make it a gold sink event. This should not have an impact on collectables .

Spooked
11-28-2022, 06:36 PM
can't wait for the day criers and heraldics give me the same sour taste of *** in my mouth when i see them worn as vanity by atleast 10 people in the same town.
forerunner sure has fallen off

drawfflerz
11-28-2022, 07:53 PM

If it's not a vanity item it's fair game to come back in vanity fashion. Let's not confuse rare / collectible with "vanity."@Cinco my suggestion is, do like armor hero of the watch and villainous watch.. both set of them was produce since season 1/2... and then developer re-introduce them as vanity set that people can buy on store until now. But if you see there is a little bit different in color between the original set and the vanity set. the vanity set is dull in color.

Stephencobear
11-28-2022, 08:50 PM

If the reason to not re release an old vanity is to preserve its value then please recognize that making an old collectible available as a new vanity also destroys the old items value

Example : low level red war founders
It used to be high price due to the rarity & that you had to gamble w plat chests for a chance to loot
Now it’s value is trashed because who wouldn’t rather have the vanity compared to a lv 16 legendary item you would die wearing in endgame maps

Mythocrisis
11-29-2022, 07:20 AM

Ty cinco.
Ty for all who shared their opinions on here.

Perceval
11-29-2022, 10:34 AM

Thank you for telling us your stance on old vanities. It should now stop those creating false rumours to swindle people into selling their old rare vanities.

Ploid
11-29-2022, 01:25 PM

i’m a bit over the forgotten event entirely. It’s a waste of everyone’s time and energy, nobody is going to farm 4-5 days into an event where they loot vanity that sells in auction for 1k, not to mention the vanity sale in store is left until the very end of the event. Perhaps have the event run for 48 hours, put whatever sets for sale in the store and be done with it. Focus more on the events that everyone enjoyNo one asked you to pay 1b+ for an item you can't even use gameplay wise. There's no point of it just laying around in your house as decoration.

If you like the rarity or the nostalgia, the vanity version are vanity and not gear pieces. The amount of gear pieces in the game won't change.

Snowman Is here
11-29-2022, 03:53 PM
No one asked you to pay 1b+ for an item you can't even use gameplay wise. There's no point of it just laying around in your house as decoration.

If you like the rarity or the nostalgia, the vanity version are vanity and not gear pieces. The amount of gear pieces in the game won't change.

How much more nostalgia would i get from hundreds of copies turning into a worn out vanity eyesore rather than owning 1 of the 3-4 original sets existing in game?

Nocturnus
11-29-2022, 06:03 PM

Just like what I said here and people complained.
Funny.

Ploid
11-30-2022, 01:13 AM
How much more nostalgia would i get from hundreds of copies turning into a worn out vanity eyesore rather than owning 1 of the 3-4 original sets existing in game?What's the point of owning an item that you can't use in game-play?

Also, what does nostalgia have to do with the amount of items? Nostalgia occurs when things remind you of sweet memories of the past.

Even if items come back as vanities, they will be vanities, not gear pieces. So you will still gave your rare 1 out of 3-4 original gear sets.

drawfflerz
11-30-2022, 01:20 AM
What's the point of owning an item that you can't use in game-play?

Also, what does nostalgia have to do with the amount of items? Nostalgia occurs when things remind you of sweet memories of the past.

Even if items come back as vanities, they will be vanities, not gear pieces. So you will still gave your rare 1 out of 3-4 original gear sets.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalkthen the price will drop af.

Mythocrisis
11-30-2022, 01:33 AM
then the price will drop af.

Yes.
Should sts be worried about what 2 people have manipulated price to 4b + for criers or bring a good artwork set into the game and to make money on it by selling them for premium currency.

And these sets weren't promised to never return. So why not?
There are people selling criers for 4b , brown sets for 700-800m etc..

Kumsaati
11-30-2022, 03:11 AM
Yes.
Should sts be worried about what 2 people have manipulated price to 4b + for criers or bring a good artwork set into the game and to make money on it by selling them for premium currency.

And these sets weren't promised to never return. So why not?
There are people selling criers for 4b , brown sets for 700-800m etc..

Bruh😅, how can someone manipulate price like that 🤣 there is a demand for them and people paying these amounts. I am not any kind of manipulator but if i see brown for 500m will buy it. But someone can pay 600m so he buys it. Stop begging for release just go farm gold and buy like others. 🤓
Why STS should be worried of players damn 🤣
will you be happy when crier hits 10k and nobody wears it? EVEN YOU ARE WANTING IT SO BAD, HERE CRYING IN FORUMS FOR DAYS, THEN QUESTIONING WHY PPL PAYING 4B 😅🤣😅😅🤣. Like if this item was 1m, I believe nobody was going to care. Players like you just begging to release such items to satisfy their ego because they know that its nearly impossible to reach these items🤣 why not crying to release of items like tarlok etc. 🧑*🍼🍼 here milk for your ego.
Maybe one day STS will release criers,heraldics to satisfy people like you which will result of few individuals to lose around 500m-3.9b gold and sets that people not wearing. Even the owners are rich enough to tolerate these loses, it will be enough for them to getting colder to game and in long term till discline of it. These are all my opinions, its so funny you are here crying for days 🤣 maybe if you try more you can see the criers who knows 😄

Mythocrisis
11-30-2022, 06:11 AM
Bruh😅, how can someone manipulate price like that 🤣 there is a demand for them and people paying these amounts. I am not any kind of manipulator but if i see brown for 500m will buy it. But someone can pay 600m so he buys it. Stop begging for release just go farm gold and buy like others. 🤓
Why STS should be worried of players damn 🤣
will you be happy when crier hits 10k and nobody wears it? EVEN YOU ARE WANTING IT SO BAD, HERE CRYING IN FORUMS FOR DAYS, THEN QUESTIONING WHY PPL PAYING 4B 😅🤣😅😅🤣. Like if this item was 1m, I believe nobody was going to care. Players like you just begging to release such items to satisfy their ego because they know that its nearly impossible to reach these items🤣 why not crying to release of items like tarlok etc. 🧑*🍼🍼 here milk for your ego.
Maybe one day STS will release criers,heraldics to satisfy people like you which will result of few individuals to lose around 500m-3.9b gold and sets that people not wearing. Even the owners are rich enough to tolerate these loses, it will be enough for them to getting colder to game and in long term till discline of it. These are all my opinions, its so funny you are here crying for days 🤣 maybe if you try more you can see the criers who knows 😄
I don't know how to respond to this. You are accusing me of many things.

Of course they are being manipulated, if you're denying that, I can assume you haven't been in the game for a couple years.
Whatever item which is dwindling in quantity will be manipulated by those few who have them.
It's basic. A piece of item that can't be used even in running a map, but just sits in your inventory and since 3 users have it becomes 4b.

Just for an example,
Imagine if these were guaranteed to not return, do you think they will sit at 4b , the users will want more.. And there's no-one to regulate prices like every thing in the game. When there's too less individuals holding something and there's demand is when it becomes very easy for them to manipulate at free will, unchecked. That's what's happened to LB items. It's funny but true.
And,
I also own collectibles, but there are people who ask me would these items possibly return and if so ,how and when.. I figured it better to ask them and also everyone got the answer from the people responsible.

Let's not be toxic and close another thread.
Ty again for your opinion.

Snowman Is here
11-30-2022, 09:18 AM
What's the point of owning an item that you can't use in game-play?

I don’t have any memories of dozens of newly joined players wearing a set that has been one of the most expensive and sought after collectables for the past 10 years, in the form of a 100 platinum vanity.

The point in owning these sets is different for each individual but i personally collected as a hobby when i’m not doing anything else. If they come back as house furniture i would still be obliged to point out the fact that 90% of the people who asked for them to return are people who could have never gotten them any other way because it was too difficult in one way or another.

If they released recipes to craft these sets into vanity instead then that would fulfill the intentions of forgotten event, the only reason anyone can complain then if it’s solely because they can’t afford it.

Snowman Is here
11-30-2022, 09:45 AM
I also don’t recall it being sts’s job to regulate any in-game prices/values of anything players sell or trade with each other. Let alone something that’s cosmetic and gives no advantages to game-play. People saw a chance to take advantage of devs asking players which sets they wanted to see return and simply asked for the most expensive sets.

Even after them not releasing these sets for multiple forgotten events, people still ask. I really doubt every single person asking for crier and heraldic are die-hard fans of the sets and have the intentions of actually wearing these sets regardless of the price behind it because just as the other sets have been re-released and their prices have dropped to 1/10 their original counterparts price i barely see people wearing them as much as before the forgotten event even transpired.

Mythocrisis
11-30-2022, 10:51 AM
I also don’t recall it being sts’s job to regulate any in-game prices/values of anything players sell or trade with each other. Let alone something that’s cosmetic and gives no advantages to game-play. People saw a chance to take advantage of devs asking players which sets they wanted to see return and simply asked for the most expensive sets.

Even after them not releasing these sets for multiple forgotten events, people still ask. I really doubt every single person asking for crier and heraldic are die-hard fans of the sets and have the intentions of actually wearing these sets regardless of the price behind it because just as the other sets have been re-released and their prices have dropped to 1/10 their original counterparts price i barely see people wearing them as much as before the forgotten event even transpired.

Theyre asking for it since they did do that very recently on forerunners, and there's other proof and a developer response here as well. Please read through them again.

And giving a recipe for the set? Please hear yourself.
There's what 5-6 people who own them. So you want the entire workforce to create a recipe for a bunch of 5-10 people to craft a vanity and manipulate the living macaroons out of it. No thanks.

Sone points of yours made sense but this is out of the batpoop crazy buddy.

Snowman Is here
11-30-2022, 11:25 AM
Theyre asking for it since they did do that very recently on forerunners, and there's other proof and a developer response here as well. Please read through them again.

And giving a recipe for the set? Please hear yourself.
There's what 5-6 people who own them. So you want the entire workforce to create a recipe for a bunch of 5-10 people to craft a vanity and manipulate the living macaroons out of it. No thanks.

Sone points of yours made sense but this is out of the batpoop crazy buddy.

As i said in my first post i don’t care for forgotten event, if it doesn’t return or does. A recipe would give owners a choice to turn them into vanity. You can then buy the vanity at whatever price is agreed on, i don’t see why being able to afford it is any of the dev’s problem.

THE GOLDEN KING
11-30-2022, 12:11 PM
STS will release them 1 collectable at a time don’t worry guys. 200 plat for crier! Yes we can!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ploid
11-30-2022, 12:30 PM
As i said in my first post i don’t care for forgotten event, if it doesn’t return or does. A recipe would give owners a choice to turn them into vanity. You can then buy the vanity at whatever price is agreed on, i don’t see why being able to afford it is any of the dev’s problem.I don't recall it being a dev's job to keep the prices of items high, and to not return items they never stated would never return.

It's your responsibility for buying an item a Dev never explicitly stated that it would never return.

Peace.

Mythocrisis
11-30-2022, 01:09 PM
As i said in my first post i don’t care for forgotten event, if it doesn’t return or does. A recipe would give owners a choice to turn them into vanity. You can then buy the vanity at whatever price is agreed on, i don’t see why being able to afford it is any of the dev’s problem.

I belive your suggestion:
1.) Favouring a small bunch of collectors (around 4-5 people at Max with such gear)

2.) Absolutely non beneficial to the game by not generating money .

3.) Selfish as the recipe can only be used by the said 4-5 people and more room for manipulating beyond your wildest imagination.

I've already told you the reason in my last post.

Please think before you type the same response again.
I'm sorry if I said anything hurtful but I'm just trying to understand you better about what you're asking.

Avaree
11-30-2022, 03:40 PM
…2.) Absolutely non beneficial to the game by not generating money .

Looking at prices of new kraken items, why not make the hypothetical craft a gold sink? Seems like a lot of gold in the community? (Just an observation)

…Please think before you type ….
Maybe you should do the same as what you told snowman, I’m not trying to be rude. I know who snowman is, and I will say is one (of a handful) of least selfish players that I know in AL.

We (collectors) have spoke our peace about how we feel about the rarity of collectible items. I appreciate Cinco for being transparent, however do hope if STS decided to make s1 equipment as vanities make them bound.
As far as what STS will do with s1 items, it is what it is, and what will be, will be…

Warriorknown
11-30-2022, 03:58 PM
There are outliers for everything. Yes, there are a few collectors with gears of only 4-5 in game, but that is how it’s supposed to be. Life is full of outliers. Not everything is meant for everyone.

A real life example- Most people, if not everyone wants to be a millionaire, but not everyone will become a millionaire. Yes, you are free to want it, but that does not mean you will get it. If everyone was a millionaire, then no one would care to become one.

The point is: Some things are meant to stay exclusive because if they were not exclusive, no one would care for it.

Snowman Is here
11-30-2022, 05:24 PM
I belive your suggestion:
1.) Favouring a small bunch of collectors (around 4-5 people at Max with such gear)

2.) Absolutely non beneficial to the game by not generating money .

3.) Selfish as the recipe can only be used by the said 4-5 people and more room for manipulating beyond your wildest imagination.

I've already told you the reason in my last post.

Please think before you type the same response again.
I'm sorry if I said anything hurtful but I'm just trying to understand you better about what you're asking.

You seem to have this misconception i’m defending s1 collectable owners and enabling an idea for them to manipulate prices, i guess my point has went over your head completely so let me elaborate.

1. You’re asking sts to introduce crier in vanity version, a recipe to craft these sets into vanity does that very thing.

2. If the forgotten event does not generate money then perhaps it needs to be replaced by an event that does generate it.

3. How am selfish? If sts goes through with recipes what will you lose? Compare that to what others will lose if sts continues to return rare collectables as vanity for platinum. Those 4-5 sets are available for everyone to buy and trade and most of the current owners are willing to sell/trade theirs, people are farming millions of gold per hour at endgame so maybe play the game and save up like everyone else did.

4. I’m not favoring the owners, i favor this alternative because it does not effect the original sets negatively.

I’m not hurt by anything that has been said in this thread but it’s a real shame the game has resorted to recycling content this heavily. The decision the devs will make will either introduce collectables to the vast amount of players who grind for top vanity in-game or will completely kill out whatever remains of original s1 sets.

Warriorknown
11-30-2022, 05:36 PM
You seem to have this misconception i’m defending s1 collectable owners and enabling an idea for them to manipulate prices, i guess my point has went over your head completely so let me elaborate.

1. You’re asking sts to introduce crier in vanity version, a recipe to craft these sets into vanity does that very thing.

2. If the forgotten event does not generate money then perhaps it needs to be replaced by an event that does generate it.

3. How am selfish? If sts goes through with recipes what will you lose? Compare that to what others will lose if sts continues to return rare collectables as vanity for platinum. Those 4-5 sets are available for everyone to buy and trade and most of the current owners are willing to sell/trade theirs, people are farming millions of gold per hour at endgame so maybe play the game and save up like everyone else did.

4. I’m not favoring the owners, i favor this alternative because it does not effect the original sets negatively.

I’m not hurt by anything that has been said in this thread but it’s a real shame the game has resorted to recycling content this heavily. The decision the devs will make will either introduce collectables to the vast amount of players who grind for top vanity in-game or will completely kill out whatever remains of original s1 sets.

Great first point man! They want crier into vanity version, but only in a way where they are widely accessible to everyone. Not through a crafting recipe where the current owners who grinded for them benefit. It seems people like to get things the easy way with a swipe of a credit card, only so they could wear the vanity armor for a few hours!

Alghost
12-01-2022, 12:15 AM
Great first point man! They want crier into vanity version, but only in a way where they are widely accessible to everyone. Not through a crafting recipe where the current owners who grinded for them benefit. It seems people like to get things the easy way with a swipe of a credit card, only so they could wear the vanity armor for a few hours!

Sorry gud ol brotha man, havnt here realize da yuh actually done here grinded 4bil for ye old crier.

Warriorknown
12-01-2022, 10:50 AM
Sorry gud ol brotha man, havnt here realize da yuh actually done here grinded 4bil for ye old crier.

There is the problem, you do not see the full picture. Yes, the value of the armor is now a benefit. Do you think the crier magically appeared in my inventory when I first started playing?

The grind I am talking about is in 2017 when there was a lot of competition among collectors to get items like a crier. 40m gold to buy the crier was also a grind back in 2017 when the gold cap was 100m.

This is what I mean when you only see the benefits and not the grind people overcame to get their items. Why should others get it some easy way through the store?

Mythocrisis
12-01-2022, 11:33 AM
Guys
It was just a question that was answered by a developer to give a clear picture to the current standing of collectibles.

You can fight here all you want with conflicting opinions. But I think we heard it from the man himself about the issue that was put forth.

Let's chill and hope everyone is satisfied with the decisions they take.