PDA

View Full Version : Pledge game features for our money

Immortal_Blood
11-16-2022, 10:23 PM
I’ve been watching a few videos while being incapable of doing anything else.. lol

Anyway, one video shows and explains how a company scammed 8 million dollars from using a kickstarter.

Quite interesting and just now I’ve been thinking:

if the pledge can be met it will do the opposite of what was discussed in the video..

You, the @dev, list some features (descriptively) or perhaps let the people who contribute to the funding in any capacity take part in a poll (similar to osrs, but paid) wherein those features are listed,

Example 1:

Poll - $25,000\$25,000 - 6 months

Add 3 new expansions
rebalance all skills
Rebalance all weapons
Add a new class
Rebalance all pets

Example 2:

Poll - $1,000/$1,000

Add new prototype system for equipment
Upgrade engine minimally
Add 10 new vanity available for purchase in store..

of course! it can scale up or down as you, the devs, desire.. no need to risk so much.

Small or large, meet the pledge? and AL community will become much more obliged to engage in positive actions that entail and surround the game.

That’s the benefit, as well as setting the pledge above what’s necessary, I for one as a mere +1 can say I won’t care, unless it’s millions… hahaha.

But again, no need for huge numbers, an amount of $1,000 traded legally from us as players, gamers, and consumers..

..to you, the dev, which for example will be used to employ a very high level game designer for a few hours, to add something cool in a poll, is still awesome.

Cya around..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tldr.. !?

Give money to dev
Enough money? Buyers vote in poll
Dev creates content
Everyone gets content.

Orderly
11-17-2022, 11:45 AM
I’ve been watching a few videos while being incapable of doing anything else.. lol

Anyway, one video shows and explains how a company scammed 8 million dollars from using a kickstarter.

if the pledge can be met it will do the opposite of what was discussed in the video..

You, the @dev, list some features (descriptively) or perhaps let the people who contribute to the funding in any capacity take part in a poll (similar to osrs, but paid) wherein those features are listed,

Example 1:

Add 3 new expansions
rebalance all skills
Rebalance all weapons
Add a new class
Rebalance all pets

Example 2:

Poll - $1,000/$1,000

Upgrade engine minimally

of course! it can scale up or down as you, the devs, desire.. no need to risk so much.

Small or large, meet the pledge? and AL community will become much more obliged to engage in positive actions that entail and surround the game.

That’s the benefit, as well as setting the pledge above what’s necessary, I for one as a mere +1 can say I won’t care, unless it’s millions… hahaha.

But again, no need for huge numbers, an amount of $1,000 traded legally from us as players, gamers, and consumers..

..to you, the dev, which for example will be used to employ a very high level game designer for a few hours, to add something cool in a poll, is still awesome.

Cya around..

Tldr.. !?

Give money to dev
Dev creates content
Everyone gets content.

I support this

Darkrai
11-17-2022, 12:06 PM

Example 1:

Add 3 new expansions
rebalance all skills
Rebalance all weapons
Add a new class
Rebalance all pets

Example 2:

Poll - $1,000/$1,000

Upgrade engine minimally

Cya around..

Tldr.. !?

Give money to dev
Dev creates content
Everyone gets content.

They sadly will never do this. Why do that if they can just reskin vanitys and sell auras for 90+ euros? This will bring them no money, no money means no dev time spent on it.

PostNoob
11-17-2022, 12:25 PM
They sadly will never do this. Why do that if they can just reskin vanitys and sell auras for 90+ euros? This will bring them no money, no money means no dev time spent on it.

It is not a good system anyways. It is actually a terrible idea if i wanna be blunt about it.

Player4L
11-17-2022, 01:44 PM
Wait for Arcane legends 3 I'm still waiting for the Sega dreamcast 2 it takes time

Immortal_Blood
11-17-2022, 01:50 PM
Why do that if they can just reskin vanitys and sell auras for 90+ euros?

Sup, to answer your Q:

In other words, to build trust between the community and the developer.

And to say it will bring them no money is.. debatable :D simply because we do not know how much players will pay for content, nor know how much it will cost to create it.

Also, saying I will add 500 bucks to the pool doesn't answer the question of how much I will pay for the content as I am merely saying I will add 500, not actually adding 500.

In other words, unless this thing is created, we will never know.