PDA

View Full Version : Endgame int bear?

Jespo
08-15-2012, 05:37 PM
Would it be a good idea in PvP? PvE?
Or just a bad idea in general? Something tells me if i run into pvp as one im just asking to be picked on.

LookBehindMe
08-15-2012, 05:45 PM
Well voodoo bears work ok. So I guess it would be good.
Though coming from the side were everything I do is deferent (full str birds, full int birds, dagger Mage, duckfoot only Mage) you tend to get picked on alot for trying something new out of the ordinary.

KingFu
08-15-2012, 06:00 PM
This is the first cap since 40 that I haven't tried it. It's usually pretty efficient, even though some beg to differ. Enchanted and demonic staff bears were my favorite for PvE, and they worked really well for farming. Wand bear in PvP is a little difficult to grasp, but when you get the hang of it, it works fairly well. It's not gonna be as easy to pick up and use as an RS+fury bear, or demonic mace bear, but it's workable. At this cap, it's really hard to say. You have the great crit, good armor, and a little dodge, however it still wouldn't compare to a crafted str bear. I'd say for pvp, stay str since the str set is OP on bear, and only go int if you were planning on farming (preferably staff). Not to mention you'd probably be rushed and picked on by people that aren't as open-minded to try builds.

Jespo
08-15-2012, 06:29 PM
Thanks for replies. This little bit of info is what i needed to decide.

Think i might try it out for farming :P

Cavoc
08-15-2012, 06:52 PM
Bad Idea. Bears are known for their armor and reliance of staying alive. Which you will have no armor. Another thing bears could be known for is str/dex some armor to still be a strong character but also more damage. Mages are good because of their skills. Most bear skills are buffs and those wont help you much with a staff. Just my opinion.

xcainnblecterx
08-15-2012, 08:19 PM
Actually I been experimenting with an end game int bear. I'm kinda getting to wear he can pvp, also found out bears can break mages ms(mana shield). I've actually managed to get up another 100 kills in pvp to 30-40 deaths as befor it would be vice versa with more deaths. If you want to try testing ill throw my Lil knowledge out just meet me or pm ig. Also I'm not completely finished as still working on skills. @tron I'm a dex/int bear that still manages 240+Armor 42+dodge with 380 damage. No not as good if it was str, but I say that's good stats for not much str

Artemis
08-15-2012, 08:21 PM
Hi Jesus ;D

Whirlzap
08-15-2012, 08:25 PM
Wand set on Bear has some pretty nice stats IMO.

I think Xvcxkc tried INT bear for a bit.
It's a pretty nice set for FFA, but a bit inferior to STR Tiki Set because Mages can Mana Shield you.

xcainnblecterx
08-15-2012, 11:39 PM
@whirlz I figured out how to break mages ms but if mage stays ranged it'll fail

KingFu
08-15-2012, 11:52 PM
Bad Idea. Bears are known for their armor and reliance of staying alive. Which you will have no armor. Another thing bears could be known for is str/dex some armor to still be a strong character but also more damage. Mages are good because of their skills. Most bear skills are buffs and those wont help you much with a staff. Just my opinion.

1) Wand sets have almost as much armor as str sets generally (At 65+)
2) Int bear has higher skill damage than str bear iirc
3) Buffs are independent and don't rely on your attributes (not counting restore, which will be much stronger as an int bear anyways)

xcainnblecterx
08-15-2012, 11:59 PM
My general thought was a int/dex bear is going to be ranged so make your distance skills the highest(pull, stomp, hs, etc.) If I do make successful pvp end game int bear I will definitely post the build. If pvp fails good news is their still use full for pve

Mage till the end
08-16-2012, 04:15 PM

So your saying full dex cross bows birds are known for staying alive? Or all int Mages. A str bear is expected to take the dmg and survive but s int bear is just like a dex bird its meant to deal damage. Bears can also kill lots of mobs with beckon/stomp and slashes. But a 71 bear with sand wand set we kill very well

Jespo
08-17-2012, 01:19 PM
Hi Jesus ;D

Lyric :o

xcainnblecterx
08-17-2012, 03:26 PM
Just realized with a forgotten staff my int bear gets 86 crit

Jespo
08-17-2012, 03:27 PM
Just realized with a forgotten staff my int bear gets 86 crit

Have you tested in php? Even though it seems like a bad idea testing it what gets answers :p

Edit: fail post. just noticed auto-correct put php and not pvp.

Rauekat
08-17-2012, 04:20 PM
Not a big fan of int bears. ;)

xcainnblecterx
08-17-2012, 04:37 PM
Not with the staff, but with 70 wand and angel wand I have. Actually did pretty good I think. Just not against power mages

iprotectnoobs
08-17-2012, 05:14 PM
well there is a thing called the nuke bear (just get the staff)
it works well for just beckoning and stomping and a few quick slashes
this is usually used for huge burst damage but you would go down quickly
i would prefer a bow bear with str armor (much better dps crit damage dodge and armor, which is pretty muh everything you need)

Htiek
08-17-2012, 11:58 PM
Not a big fan of str/dex/int bears. http://forum1.hkgolden.com/faces/newyear/sosad3.gif http://forum1.hkgolden.com/faces/newyear/sosad2.gif

KingFu
08-18-2012, 12:10 AM
Not a big fan of str/dex/int bears. http://forum1.hkgolden.com/faces/newyear/sosad3.gif http://forum1.hkgolden.com/faces/newyear/sosad2.gif

Int/dex is the way to go. I only like int/str better at 50 cap with cosmos.

Htiek
08-18-2012, 12:51 AM
Int/dex is the way to go. I only like int/str better at 50 cap with cosmos.

i like 120 str/dex/int at 71 cap with forgotten blade, bow & staff http://forum2.hkgolden.com/faces/agree.gif

xcainnblecterx
08-18-2012, 11:09 AM
How's that working for you hitiek? Befor they realessed the crafting and sets for humania I was tri stat but switched for crafted