PDA

View Full Version : v4 guns vs hive guns ?

anshdoc
08-16-2012, 08:59 AM
Well I am quite surprised to find that the guns from new savant campaigns are much inferior to the hive guns. I wonder what devs have in mind, because there is no inspiration to play this side campaign. Though the levels are quite nice but no vanity drops and poor stats of guns and increased difficulty has lead this to be a vacant zone. It is better to play hive as it gives quick XP.
I request the devs to improve there capabilities,pls.....

Worship
08-16-2012, 09:06 AM
Well.. That's your own opinion. Some like the new Savant guns over the Hive guns.
Also, Scorn II isn't fully released yet. What your playing is the teaser.
It'll be released in 2-3 weeks.. *winks to Samhayne*
And when it gets released, the level cap will also be raised, allowing more powerful guns..

Prestige
08-16-2012, 09:42 AM
I run with auger v4 guns over my chrome phoenix of dark matter when it comes to speed runs. For one, more dps, and a bit higher defense despite lower dodge and crit. I only use prime tempest coil if my team isn't doing so well. But to be honest its pretty balanced right now, at least for ops.

Kanozaki
08-16-2012, 10:11 AM
It depends , I also use augers paired with dmg implant to get major dps. But my most used build is primed napalm with crit implant .

KillaSkillz
08-16-2012, 10:29 AM
I like the augers v4 for my op over the hive op gun. The chrome pheonix fizzles, the augurs sizzle! Plus the augers just look cool :)
Although when I am in a pug or running solo, I use a napalm carbine of dm that thing just plain out cooks for aoe.
I prefer th NCoDM over any gun, except for pvp which I think has to go to the primed tempest coil or TCoDM a close 2nd.

And those new savant eng gloves look good too. Nicely balanced between min/max damage.
I am shaky on the comm cannon from savant though, those kicker guns were never my thing. Comparable to a flux cannon maybe?? I really haven't paid that one any attention.

Just my opinion. I like em.

Flowman
08-16-2012, 12:11 PM
Napalm is the best gun in the game hands down.

Kanozaki
08-16-2012, 12:20 PM
Napalm is the best gun in the game hands down.

yup definitely , for an operative. Not so much for the other 2 classes. None the less a full team of carbines = epic win

Seiyen
08-16-2012, 12:28 PM
Napalm carbine of dark matter* is the best gun of game =)
high damage+aoe+stun!=> kickass
Ps=> i highly recommend this gun for pve..

Edit: Just noticed that primed napalm carbine is better that napalm dm(especially for engs n ops)

control
08-16-2012, 01:04 PM
These are nice looking guns :) would be great if they perform as well ! There prices are falling in auction only because of there poor results.

Also, I did not notice any great mana proc.

jackaboo
08-16-2012, 03:15 PM
Void-holders aren't so great. The only reason to switch into gloves and sacrifice your own personal survivability is if you have a good tank that's managing to keep aggro but is taking a ton of damage and thus needs high heals. The heals from PIs of Dark Matter are far superior to the V4s.

If this isn't the case, then there's no reason not to use a Primed Tempest and shield.

So for engis... yeah... hive weps are better. AND look cooler.

Flowman
08-16-2012, 08:23 PM
yup definitely , for an operative. Not so much for the other 2 classes. None the less a full team of carbines = epic win

I use it on my commando over my coil 99.9% of the time lol

Livemau
08-16-2012, 08:29 PM
engeneers need a combo before i play that game seriously

Cahaun
08-16-2012, 08:41 PM
Primed Flux Cannon is the best cannon in the game. High Dps, critical, and dodge.

*Zero*
08-16-2012, 09:25 PM
Napalm of dark matter and primed flux cannon are my only weapons.

Ihavenokills
08-16-2012, 09:46 PM
tbh i think the new guns were mostly for looks.

control
08-17-2012, 04:17 AM
Well what I can gather that most of us are in agreement that void guns are mostly for look
and real guns for play are from hive.
I want to convey if these have say a good mana proc or dos or damage then these would be really epic
in terms of there looks especially the eng and op ones.

I would again request the devs to please look into this so that we don't miss the delay of scorn much:)

Enirea 40 eng

flashbackflip
08-17-2012, 08:50 AM
I run with auger v4 guns over my chrome phoenix of dark matter when it comes to speed runs. For one, more dps, and a bit higher defense despite lower dodge and crit. I only use prime tempest coil if my team isn't doing so well. But to be honest its pretty balanced right now, at least for ops.

EXACTLY what i wanted to write.. Lol.. I really mean it - exactly - word to word.. :D

anshdoc
08-18-2012, 07:15 AM
O I think if one starts a forum poll for hive guns versus void guns the hive guns will win by majority
, just like the auction prices of 400000 to 50000 respectively. So no point in debate, hope a Dev
takes this matter seriously and not like a side campaign to SL and priority to DL.
Enirea.

control
08-19-2012, 10:09 PM
One nice thing is the colour of these void guns, it matches with the plat
and crafted gear. Specially for the operatives they look much cooler than hive guns.

So I think I am keeping mine bro.

Battlegrinder
08-19-2012, 10:31 PM
I'll definitely, want to add a v4 wrathstorm to my gun collection at some point, because it certainly looks cool. That said, I'll work on grabbing one after I get the new chest piece and a napalm rifle, which I'll actually have uses for.

Gibber
08-20-2012, 11:56 AM
Great thread, really good points for and against hive vs sav guns. Let me see what can be done to balance them out, but it sounds like some Sav guns need to be tweaked. Thanks for the feedback!

Mitchturbo
08-20-2012, 12:42 PM
Gibber! You Rock! :-)

flashbackflip
08-20-2012, 03:03 PM
Great thread, really good points for and against hive vs sav guns. Let me see what can be done to balance them out, but it sounds like some Sav guns need to be tweaked. Thanks for the feedback!

Yo Gibber!

War augers are good.. But if you add a bit to dps and health (or dodge and armor) they will replace napalm in my hands!

:D

Thanx for reading us, man

*Zero*
08-20-2012, 08:07 PM
Woooo now dont nerf my cannons. Finally when we get a decent cannon the nerf monster comes. For the love of anything good in a liquor store step away from the cannons!!!

Lady_Pebbles
08-20-2012, 08:26 PM
My ENG rolls with a Primed Tempest Coil and Blackstar Shield with Condor Eye Implant ftw. The ENG gloves have -always- lacked in defense and damage for our class. This goes way back even to the level 31 cap where most ENGs roll with a Black Widow and a Shield.

Not only do our skills need a HUGE overhaul, our weapons and gear need a huge overhaul too. Gibb I hope you take all this into consideration before the new level cap and tweak everything before final release!

Show ENGs some much needed love.

anshdoc
08-21-2012, 02:31 AM
Lol sold mine but its nice that devs have taken all these points seriously and that is really very encouraging. I feel like supported and taken care off, its a good feeling:-)

KillaSkillz
08-21-2012, 09:10 AM
Woooo now dont nerf my cannons. Finally when we get a decent cannon the nerf monster comes. For the love of anything good in a liquor store step away from the cannons!!!

LOL, watch they'll probably nerf the hive guns instead of raising savant to balance them.

hands off my napalm carbine of dark matter or i'm settin' b* on fire!! :)

anshdoc
08-21-2012, 11:40 AM
Well he doesn't mean nerfing surely and talks about tweaking the savant guns!

To may be have some equality to hive guns why should we misunderstand him and worry. He has been so

considerate and taken our points so well. The whole thread was about tweaking the savant guns so they have a

noticeable mana proc or improve damage or dodge etc.

Please don't create any misunderstandings:-)

Ihavenokills
08-21-2012, 08:22 PM
Lol sold mine but its nice that devs have taken all these points seriously and that is really very encouraging. I feel like supported and taken care off, its a good feeling:-)

sts is the ONLY game company i have sent support emails to and within 10-20 minutes i get a response during office hours. But not only do i get a response but a fix to whatever i needed usually on the exact same day. all other companies take days maybe weeks before i even get my first response. so sts is def #1 with support in my book.

anshdoc
08-22-2012, 11:03 AM
Even I have same experience with them and am buying the savant guns back:-)

control
08-23-2012, 12:21 AM
As thren has pointed out that Engineers have been left out with poor skills and poor guns, I find this to
be absolutely true. I started a new com character and levelled till 25 in 3 days, in this period may be I
encountered 5 eng levelling and most groups have been like coms and ops. Sometimes even all
commandos! I noticed that killing is easier but one has to use more of stims.
Among these I had one eng who healed so well that I ran through motherload easily and thanked her
but other players were like heal! with an exclamation or rev.
This is against coutsey and I do not want to play with my eng anymore. So I want to resonate my feelings
with thren that eng guns should be improved in future events also so they do not require help of comsband ops
and may be run like 4 eng and one op lol.
So savant guns for eng needs more def or defence and mana proc for continuous healing.

control
08-24-2012, 11:09 PM
Hope we get.what we were promised :)

Mitchturbo
08-24-2012, 11:12 PM
Hope we get.what we were promised :)

I do as well, I just bought a pair of v4 gloves to try out. Sadly they are just OK. I much prefer the Hive guns :-)

Lady_Pebbles
08-25-2012, 07:02 PM
I also checked out the v4 gloves (purps and pinks) from UCS Savant and they are highly disappointing. This is why I hope with the next update, Engineers are given what they desperately need; more hp, armor, & strength added to our gear and weaponry. We have got to start evening out the playing field already.

anshdoc
08-26-2012, 01:11 PM
Well no news yet(:

anshdoc
08-27-2012, 11:20 PM
I have also tried a wrath storm now and it is OK if its dips could be more :-)

Kanozaki
08-30-2012, 09:12 AM
As thren has pointed out that Engineers have been left out with poor skills and poor guns, I find this to
be absolutely true. I started a new com character and levelled till 25 in 3 days, in this period may be I
encountered 5 eng levelling and most groups have been like coms and ops. Sometimes even all
commandos! I noticed that killing is easier but one has to use more of stims.
Among these I had one eng who healed so well that I ran through motherload easily and thanked her
but other players were like heal! with an exclamation or rev.
This is against coutsey and I do not want to play with my eng anymore. So I want to resonate my feelings
with thren that eng guns should be improved in future events also so they do not require help of comsband ops
and may be run like 4 eng and one op lol.
So savant guns for eng needs more def or defence and mana proc for continuous healing.

mmmm mana proc , yummy!

I also checked out the v4 gloves (purps and pinks) from UCS Savant and they are highly disappointing. This is why I hope with the next update, Engineers are given what they desperately need; more hp, armor, & strength added to our gear and weaponry. We have got to start evening out the playing field already.

i agree , eng is really lacking power wise but then again i dont think the devs intended ENG to be a damaging class like COM or OP.

Mitchturbo
08-30-2012, 09:22 AM
They need an option to turn an engineer into a paladin then or a middle ground character, that has good damage and some good team healing.
Somewhere between an op and and eng would be Awesome!

Kanozaki
08-30-2012, 09:33 AM
They need an option to turn an engineer into a paladin then or a middle ground character, that has good damage and some good team healing.
Somewhere between an op and and eng would be Awesome!

Multi specing like that would be amazing but i remember sam saying doing something along those lines would be hard to balance the game.

control
08-30-2012, 12:23 PM
I feel seeing the void v4 again with 0.6 speed I think some changes have been made already:)

Zodiarck
09-04-2012, 02:21 AM
No vanity not true,my friend got a mark,of warfather drop from a mob in ucs another found a skull and,scorn ive found bunch of vular x.x

anshdoc
09-06-2012, 08:27 AM
Well as Gibber did promise a tweak,, and cap is still one week away, Iam beginning to wonder if what has been promised will be delivered or not
regarding the savant guns. No clarification from him yet sadly (:

KillaSkillz
09-06-2012, 09:48 AM
Yep, one of you guys with some clout should drop gibber a line as a reminder that he said he'd look into hive vs. savant guns. It might help, he probably forgot to look into it.