PDA

View Full Version : Question: Pally in PVP dominant?

Volksy
08-30-2010, 09:40 AM
Hello all,

First thread here!

I've read everywhere that a Paladin has the beat setup for PVP. Is that always the case?
I'm curently a level 30 int Mage and if this ext update doesn't screw hybrids, I'll be restating to a str/dex Mage.
Since mages lack the starting HP boost that warriors have, do the Mage skills really make up for this?

The times I PVP'd as a int Mage I was taken out by all well geared warriors, dex mages, str mages and archers. I WAS able to beat any of the above who weren't as good at comboing skills.

So, considering the next skill-oriented patch doesn't effect hybrids enough to make them change to pures, can someone explain to me how switching to a Str/Dex Mage will help me dominate in PVP(considering I'm already good at comboing skills, have good gear and tactics)?

Thanks!

Barbamitsos
08-30-2010, 02:19 PM
dont change keep the pure mage... if u chaos pvp a pure one with a wand is a terminator

Volksy
08-30-2010, 07:39 PM
I'm sorry, what?

jonboy
08-30-2010, 07:50 PM
Keep the pure Mage if you choose PVP, a pure mage with a good wand is a "Terminator" :)

vulgarstrike
08-30-2010, 07:53 PM
pure mages can defeat paladins, paladins can beat bears and archers, bears and archers can beat mages. yay.

Violentsaint
08-30-2010, 09:19 PM
ROFL jonboy... i just noticed your signature... thats priceless.

as for your question volksy... id suggest being a dex mage... dex mages are pretty solid at pvp, and if u claim to be as good at combos as you say you are... i think you should try it out... theres enough paladins in pvp as it is..

Volksy
08-30-2010, 11:54 PM
I hear you Violent, I just want to pick the strongest base for a PVP character. I played a few MMO RPG's before and PVPing was my passion.