PDA

View Full Version : What is a twink?

Volksy
08-30-2010, 09:48 AM
Hello all,

I've been reading a bit and become curious about what exactly a Twink is. Can someone explain it to me?

From what I gather is people level just high enough to be at the top of a level range. Then keep the character a that level to pvp. Am I correct?

What's the advantage to this compared to pvping at 45?

Thanks!

bmc85uk
08-30-2010, 10:15 AM
A twink is a lower levelled character that you kit out with better equipment than a standard character for that level. Most often for use in PvP.

The advantage of PvP at that level is that it just plays better, PvP at 45 isn't so great. Other games, WoW for example, have stiff PvP level brackets, where 19 is the upper limit for one of these brackets. Certain games like Anarchy Online, which have land control (capturing & controlling areas of territory) have certain land control areas for certain level groups, meaning twinks & lower levelled pvp characters become necessity.

Volksy
08-30-2010, 10:50 AM
So what are the most popular/played twink levels?
And what's the strategy to play with other twinks without adding them as Frieda?

Thanks for your response!

Demonicdevyn
09-04-2010, 03:44 AM
19 and 30 r popular

Necrobane
09-04-2010, 04:17 AM
19 is most popular because It is the easiest to reach and the easiest to farm gear for. Plus there are much more people to PvP at 19 because new players that are leveling up often like to try out PvP. As for what twinks are? They're characters Leveled to the highest Level possible in a PvP bracket and farmed the best possible gear so that they can pwn normall characters in PvP. Why make one? Because it's great fun to be able to take 5 people at once and it offers a PvP experience that is not possible to get from anything else.

Hope that helps ;)

Staffed
09-05-2010, 10:50 AM
There are no 30 twinks I know of 29 and 19 because of the weapons at those levels and the better pvp experiece:)

TwinkTastical
09-09-2010, 12:08 PM
19 and 29 only... anything higher IS NOT a twink..
http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab330/instinctiveko/bf0c7da3.jpg
http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab330/instinctiveko/c8059c06.jpg
My Currents.... Remakin Twinktastic :)

Snakespeare
09-09-2010, 12:32 PM
Actually, Twinktastical, a twink can be ANY level. 19 and 29 are the current levels for PvP Tournaments.

To the OP: The difference between a twink and just any character at max level is this: you make a twink FOR THE PURPOSE OF USING SPECIFIC ITEMS. Got that? They are thought out beforehand, and their items are chosen in advance. The character is then XP frozen when they reach the item level.

See my thread on PvE Twinks under New Players. It's really simple. Did you have a Zombie's Saintly Shield, for instance, or a Whammo the Hammo? It's too bad you are level 45 now because those items are of no use to you anymore. Well, some of us make twinks.

It's fun, for me. I imagine there are some who only want to be at the highest level. I never wanted that. I often wanted to stop gaining XP because I was having so much fun at lower levels. So now I make twinks.

TwinkTastical
09-09-2010, 01:29 PM
i see, introducing pve twinks... good idea

Snakespeare
09-09-2010, 04:14 PM
Thanks! It's a lot of fun. :)