PDA

View Full Version : Who decides the prices of Lb items/rare items?

santaria
11-28-2022, 11:57 PM
How does a person decide how much is the vanity right now? Are there any metrics they are following? Because I see these LB prices jump twice in just a few months say from 2 billion to 4 billion. I hope I get an answer if there are credible appraisers. And if it is just pure appraised by the owner would the LB items is a non-risk investment of owning one since you can flex and on the same time making billions in few months just sitting idle?

Corviss the Lich
11-29-2022, 12:14 AM
How does a person decide how much is the vanity right now? Are there any metrics they are following? Because I see these LB prices jump twice in just a few months say from 2 billion to 4 billion. I hope I get an answer if there are credible appraisers. And if it is just pure appraised by the owner would the LB items is a non-risk investment of owning one since you can flex and on the same time making billions in few months just sitting idle?

Over time due to inflation, prices tend to sky rocket especially with the recent bans some lb vanities and rare items gets deleted into the void which causes them to have such rarity deserving of their price.

So who decides? Most of the time its the game economy decides, but in some cases items that are almost gone or incredibly rare for like 2 to 7 sets/pieces left which results to people who own them have rights to sell how much they want (as long as its not too absurd price of course). But I'm not really sure though as I only owned 1 lb item and didn't really last that long in my possession. But you get the idea

Ketx
11-29-2022, 12:21 AM
i have been wondering that for years of playing AL and it seems like they just increase the price extremely without knowing how the economic suppose to be work and the price of it depend on the rarity, how much plat did they spent to get it, how good looking it is. It does make zero sense why the vainity that has nothing to do with any char benefits worth alot more than arc lvl 81 gear set itself but that's what is going on in current economic in al. I call that inflation as in dark legend

Sent from my SM-A536W using Tapatalk

Kumsaati
11-29-2022, 02:35 AM
Its should be simple economics, supply and demand.
However, in Arcane Legends, supply can increase tens of times at one day depending on devs decision,
So in short supply, demand and dev factor.

tapsykrete
11-29-2022, 02:50 AM
for me there is no really price in any items ar AL, price always depends on buyer and seller only,
just like me if i badly need the lb vanity or rare vanity i buy it whether price are high or low
because gold easy to grind, u can grind all day in esuken my guildmates maximum 40m per day, 20m minimum.
but remember u cant never loot lb vanity or rare vanity.

sorry for my grammar.

Narrix
11-29-2022, 03:34 AM
yah i have seen a guy asking 9b for jester motley warior set. lmfao. oh wait he said that his current offer was 9b.

Psp
11-29-2022, 03:38 AM
yah i have seen a guy asking 9b for jester motley warior set. lmfao. oh wait he said that his current offer was 9b.

Yo , yes that was by me who offered that high if u meant iseenoobs who ask. And He never sells.

Itzmemohsin
11-29-2022, 05:14 AM
How does a person decide how much is the vanity right now? Are there any metrics they are following? Because I see these LB prices jump twice in just a few months say from 2 billion to 4 billion. I hope I get an answer if there are credible appraisers. And if it is just pure appraised by the owner would the LB items is a non-risk investment of owning one since you can flex and on the same time making billions in few months just sitting idle?Bruh nothing is no risk in terms of collecting, market always has some risks, if inflation happens in the game , prices are bound to rise.

santaria
11-29-2022, 05:19 AM
Bruh nothing is no risk in terms of collecting, market always has some risks, if inflation happens in the game , prices are bound to rise.

Then what risks the Lb items have? We already have gold sink events this year, twice of awakening events and yet still they soared twice of their original value. Keeping that on mind, I will not be shocked if they go triple again this coming jarl event. Clearly there are no risk.

Itzmemohsin
11-29-2022, 05:59 AM
Then what risks the Lb items have? We already have gold sink events this year, twice of awakening events and yet still they soared twice of their original value. Keeping that on mind, I will not be shocked if they go triple again this coming jarl event. Clearly there are no risk.Gold sink events , don't even take away more than 3/5th of the gold that is in the game + ESF has become much more accessible to every player in the game , cuz mythics have dropped in prices , arcanes have been released so runs are even faster & gold will increase at a more rapid pace.

Currently it's just that almost all the players that have bought lb items have plans on making big profit / keeping them for life time.

It's literally the players choice now that does he want to pay an insane amount of gold for an lb vanity item or not !

Anything that is limited in quantity & many people want it , it is bound to keep rising in price until people keep liking it .

santaria
11-29-2022, 06:09 AM
Gold sink events , don't even take away more than 3/5th of the gold that is in the game + ESF has become much more accessible to every player in the game , cuz mythics have dropped in prices , arcanes have been released so runs are even faster & gold will increase at a more rapid pace.

Currently it's just that almost all the players that have bought lb items have plans on making big profit / keeping them for life time.

so where are the risk? If even the biggest gold sinking event, the awake event that went twice this year did not even budge its prices?

Itzmemohsin
11-29-2022, 06:11 AM
so where are the risk? If even the biggest gold sinking event, the awake event that went twice this year did not even budge its prices?Anything that is limited in quantity & many people want it , it is bound to keep rising in price until people keep liking it , it's just like land in real life , it only keeps rising in price.

Thats how the market works, either the players boycott those vanities & make their price fall OR pay the price & get them.

& If prices items don't rise, it's a dead & boring economy which no one likes to have.

santaria
11-29-2022, 06:40 AM
Anything that is limited in quantity & many people want it , it is bound to keep rising in price until people keep liking it , it's just like land in real life , it only keeps rising in price.

Thats how the market works, either the players boycott those vanities & make their price fall OR pay the price & get them.

& If prices items don't rise, it's a dead & boring economy which no one likes to have.

Lol you said too much just say it has no risk at all.

Mythocrisis
11-29-2022, 07:16 AM
Lb items, previous exclusive sold plat auras /vanities(jupiter/soul/harbinger/sugarsurge etc etc), previous locked vanities*(infernal set vanity, nature weapin vanities, angelic wings etc etc)

Are All NO Risk items.
So you can go ahead and bust big gold on those if you want rarity but,

All the others except those LB items have a very unstable market meaning prices can shoot up and fall down based on the fundamental supply /demand (inactive players/banned stock)

While on the other hand, LB items are too rare a item and gold too abundant, meaning more people outbid each other to set the price also the seller does not want to sell since he knows gold is not worthwhile as it is easy to farm and he won't even be able to get back the LB item back the next day if he sold because of the sole reason.... Rarity and exclusivity.

So the best bang for your buck is LB vanities.
In your terms, absolutely NO RISK.
And a fast growing investment unlike any other..
All this applies if you're able to afford one in the first place as they reach into billions.
A big investment must yield big returns.. That's the basis is my opinion.

dualray
11-29-2022, 07:22 AM
Lol the real no risk items are crate keys and elite awakening gem until sts decides to change the game mechanics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Itzmemohsin
11-29-2022, 07:24 AM
Well , there is a small risk with lb vanities, suppose if they start releasing good tradable vanities on every event leaderboard, those og lb vanities will slowly start to fade out in popularity.

Sent from my 2201116TI using Tapatalk

pfizer
11-29-2022, 07:32 AM
Lb items, previous exclusive sold plat auras /vanities(jupiter/soul/harbinger/sugarsurge etc etc), previous locked vanities*(infernal set vanity, nature weapin vanities, angelic wings etc etc)

Are All NO Risk items.
So you can go ahead and bust big gold on those if you want rarity but,

All the others except those LB items have a very unstable market meaning prices can shoot up and fall down based on the fundamental supply /demand (inactive players/banned stock)

While on the other hand, LB items are too rare a item and gold too abundant, meaning more people outbid each other to set the price also the seller does not want to sell since he knows gold is not worthwhile as it is easy to farm and he won't even be able to get back the LB item back the next day if he sold because of the sole reason.... Rarity and exclusivity.

So the best bang for your buck is LB vanities.
In your terms, absolutely NO RISK.
And a fast growing investment unlike any other..
All this applies if you're able to afford one in the first place as they reach into billions.
A big investment must yield big returns.. That's the basis is my opinion.

True, but it should not be called investment imo because it poses no risk at all. It serves players multi purposes to flex and on the same time appraise their vanity in just a small amount of time, a very big win for those who have.

santaria
11-29-2022, 07:36 AM
Well , there is a small risk with lb vanities, suppose if they start releasing good tradable vanities on every event leaderboard, those og lb vanities will slowly start to fade out in popularity.

Sent from my 2201116TI using Tapatalk

Not really. Check green arlors and red arlors they are literally the same, only the color is different but the disparity of price is tremendous. I guarantee that if its the opposite where the green is rarer than red, the green will be worth billion compare to red. Rarity changes the perception of looks, rarity is the only thing driving these prices crazy. So it holds no argument that these Lb/rare items has no risks at all, what's wrong with admitting?

Itzmemohsin
11-29-2022, 07:48 AM
Not really. Check green arlors and red arlors they are literally the same, only the color is different but the disparity of price is tremendous. I guarantee that if its the opposite where the green is rarer than red, the green will be worth billion compare to red. Rarity changes the perception of looks, rarity is the only thing driving these prices crazy. So it holds no argument that these Lb/rare items has no risks at all, what's wrong with admitting?I said it's a small risk as i don't think sts plans to do anything like that + there is only so much a person can buy , if more good lb vanities get released , gold will get split into many different lb items & hence demand for other lb items can fall quite a bit, hence the price decrease.

santaria
11-29-2022, 07:57 AM
I said it's a small risk as i don't think sts plans to do anything like that + there is only so much a person can buy , if more good lb vanities get released , gold will get split into many different lb items & hence demand for other lb items can fall quite a bit, hence the price decrease.

that is not risk but an alibi or will never happen at all, illogical and out of reverie. It is the same thing as sts will give all players 1 billion each for no reason.

Itzmemohsin
11-29-2022, 08:26 AM
that is not risk but an alibi or will never happen at all, illogical and out of reverie. It is the same thing as sts will give all players 1 billion each for no reason.Bruh , u aren't thinking it through properly i guess , it's a very deep thing , it's not sts giving for free , players have to burn themselves up to get to lb first of all & got to spend a whole lot of energy kits, its not an ez thing + prices of those lb items will only rise gradually & can go much higher than 1b , and it's totally not sts giving free stuff.

Immortal_Blood
11-29-2022, 08:36 AM
I guess mostly determined on the owner bro, different owners can have different perspectives.. i dont own any super rare items like ice spirit or tree set or anything like that but i do own an entangled bow; and more and more I believe the price is 50m now, but then over tha course of about a year I've seen a one or two other people with it so then I at the same time I also think not.

i hope that helps.

edit:

players own determination - observing other players with the item, or better yet asking people if they have it / show it.
state of game - people quitting
Crypto philosophy - its worth that much cuz we said it is
arlors determination - facts describing why its so much (ice spirit is an old LB item, for example)

santaria
11-29-2022, 08:37 AM
Bruh , u aren't thinking it through properly i guess , it's a very deep thing , it's not sts giving for free , players have to burn themselves up to get to lb first of all & got to spend a whole lot of energy kits, its not an ez thing + prices of those lb items will only rise gradually & can go much higher than 1b , and it's totally not sts giving free stuff.

I'm talking about risk, and you haven't mention a single risk it associates. Releasing new LB vanities will not affect the current LB because the rarity won't change its a fact. What is wrong with admitting?

Itzmemohsin
11-29-2022, 09:11 AM
I'm talking about risk, and you haven't mention a single risk it associates. Releasing new LB vanities will not affect the current LB because the rarity won't change its a fact. What is wrong with admitting?What i am saying is these lb items are soo insanely priced just because sts hasnt released any good tradable lb vanity items in years , and if sts starts releasing good new lb items , then i surely think prices of these items can be affected

Ketx
11-29-2022, 10:34 AM
the real problem with inflation is plat. the value goes up extremely high when it shouldn't. its not really demand and supply factor like normal economic

Sent from my SM-A536W using Tapatalk

Mythocrisis
11-29-2022, 12:19 PM
I said it's a small risk as i don't think sts plans to do anything like that + there is only so much a person can buy , if more good lb vanities get released , gold will get split into many different lb items & hence demand for other lb items can fall quite a bit, hence the price decrease.

This actually makes sense and will happen if sts decides to release tradeable and SSS tier vanity designs like themed yeti, frank, ghost, medusa.

I have never seen such a well themed design since that era. They have just lost motivation to create such good stuff... The blame not only to then but to some selfish people who farmed premium currency that could have been the reason for the deterrence of their motivation. But set that aside for another day...

If they do release good vanities(like aforementioned tier art) i believe it will drop the price of old of manipulated lbs.

Example :
One of the very first aura : mystic aura
Had some value since it was the first and then skyrocketed upward when market was still not saturated with auras..
Now hundreds of auras but still the og one has lost value and become dirt cheap.

Not a very accurate example(due to set effects) but I rest my case.

Ploid
11-29-2022, 01:29 PM
The prices are decides by a group of manipulators. I know their ign and what they do and how they do it.

It's unethical, but it's not illegal. Monopolizing is done irl all the time as well.

People tend to hide this fact behind the wall of inflation. While inflation is true, it doesn't explain the price of an item doubling in couple of days.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Hexame
11-30-2022, 08:43 AM
Over time due to inflation, prices tend to sky rocket especially with the recent bans some lb vanities and rare items gets deleted into the void which causes them to have such rarity deserving of their price.

So who decides? Most of the time its the game economy decides, but in some cases items that are almost gone or incredibly rare for like 2 to 7 sets/pieces left which results to people who own them have rights to sell how much they want (as long as its not too absurd price of course). But I'm not really sure though as I only owned 1 lb item and didn't really last that long in my possession. But you get the idea

+1

The owners of these items have the rights to sell it how much they want for incredibly rare items as long as it's not too absurd in price.

Encryptions
11-30-2022, 09:14 AM
Who decides the prices? People who have so much gold that they don't care anymore so they throw any amount of gold they can at the items they want regardless if they are extremely over priced or not.
Short answer: buyers who actually make the purchase.

tapsykrete
11-30-2022, 09:32 AM
even if have a group of manipulator still useless if no one buy the item that certain amount.

Mythocrisis
11-30-2022, 10:53 AM
Who decides the prices? People who have so much gold that they don't care anymore so they throw any amount of gold they can at the items they want regardless if they are extremely over priced or not.
Short answer: buyers who actually make the purchase.
This is facts.

Switchback
11-30-2022, 11:03 AM
The buyer and seller... Who else would..

Bigpiceps123
11-30-2022, 06:14 PM

Sent from my 2201116TI using TapatalkNo they wont, otherwise the og black marvel wouldnt be 2b+ nowadays, since it got recoloured versions

Gesendet von meinem 2107113SG mit Tapatalk

Itzmemohsin
12-04-2022, 08:09 AM
No they wont, otherwise the og black marvel wouldnt be 2b+ nowadays, since it got recoloured versions

Gesendet von meinem 2107113SG mit TapatalkBruh , those recolored versions weren't as rare as the black Marvel ones.

Bigpiceps123
12-04-2022, 01:52 PM
Bruh , those recolored versions weren't as rare as the black Marvel ones.Thats what i literally meant to say? Check on which post i responded to

Gesendet von meinem 2107113SG mit Tapatalk

Itzmemohsin
12-07-2022, 03:18 AM
Thats what i literally meant to say? Check on which post i responded to

Gesendet von meinem 2107113SG mit TapatalkOh sorry , ye i quoted the wrong post , you are right