PDA

View Full Version : Just stop please

xcainnblecterx
08-17-2012, 05:10 AM
Ok iam very tired of seeing thread after thread about how these new items are op. I understand they are so go farm them geez its not like your going to get booted as the event cannot be hosted. Just stop pvpin for an hour or two and get them. Ok so you might die from the frag and screw your pve kdr up, but if he kills you once stay down then. Plus these pinks are not very rare right now I get one ever 5-6 runs. I don't mean to be rude, but I'm honestly tired of hearing these kinds of threads, can't we just say "hey sts thanks for bringing us a new event and items to pass time?" yes I do have low lvl twinks what am I doing? Going find me a set I can use and farm some forgotten pinks and staying away from pvp till then. I also understand you may have spent lots of money on sets that cost a lot and tbh if you payed that much for one set I doubt your goin to have trouble buying a pink for your level. I don't want this to turn into a flaming thread even though I know someone will pop up with something negative to say. I'm asking nicely though to stop making the threads of forgotten being op as there's plenty others already posted you can simply leave a post in. So once again please stop spamming forums about this

-kyleww
08-17-2012, 08:01 AM
i totally agree with you

xcainnblecterx
08-17-2012, 08:04 AM
Funny none of the people with end game toons are complaining that the 71 weps don't really do nothing for us. Should I start complaining? Lol

LookBehindMe
08-17-2012, 08:10 AM
All I can says is lvl 18 birds rock right now.
Root blast shat= dead Mage

xcainnblecterx
08-17-2012, 08:34 AM
See then all in all it kinda is making pvp better as before a lvl15 sbl welding dex bear with max stomp would be killing all. At 35 unless you were a voodoo mage you were practically dead on the spot and so on

Jugernugetx
08-17-2012, 08:38 AM
All I can says is lvl 18 birds rock right now.
Root blast shat= dead Mage

Thanks for combo >.<

KingFu
08-17-2012, 08:38 AM
It's not a matter of farming and getting them, it's a matter of all the other items now being obsolete.

xcainnblecterx
08-17-2012, 08:44 AM
Not all just weapons. I was wondering why they didn't throw Armor in now I know, but maybe sts has another trick up their sleeve

CrimsonTider
08-17-2012, 08:56 AM
It's not a matter of farming and getting them, it's a matter of all the other items now being obsolete.

But can the same argument not be made for other discontinued items which are now "collectibles"? Halloween items have very little use but people still want them to just say they have them. Dark Forest Leathers took a bow to Artisan and Expert but are still farmed/collected.

Don't get me wrong, I understand where you are coming from, just think everyone (in general) is getting a little too antsy at the moment.

Waug
08-17-2012, 09:00 AM
I don't know who is complaining but, ordinary guys can afford good forgotten weapons, that may not be liked by some peoples.

KingFu
08-17-2012, 09:05 AM
But can the same argument not be made for other discontinued items which are now "collectibles"? Halloween items have very little use but people still want them to just say they have them. Dark Forest Leathers took a bow to Artisan and Expert but are still farmed/collected.

Don't get me wrong, I understand where you are coming from, just think everyone (in general) is getting a little too antsy at the moment.

I concur. However, Artisan and Expert made just DF armors obsolete, these items are making sets from all level ranges inferior (Everything from Doom, to crystalline, to custom). It's a much larger scale than Artisan, and WF were. As I said in another post (on a different thread I believe), WF items aren't very good above level 25, and there's not really many useful droppable weapons at 10-20, so it didn't really make such an impact. I guess I should wait and see how it plays out, but from the looks of it, it's gonna become quite a mess.

CrimsonTider
08-17-2012, 09:31 AM
I concur. However, Artisan and Expert made just DF armors obsolete, these items are making sets from all level ranges inferior (Everything from Doom, to crystalline, to custom). It's a much larger scale than Artisan, and WF were. As I said in another post (on a different thread I believe), WF items aren't very good above level 25, and there's not really many useful droppable weapons at 10-20, so it didn't really make such an impact. I guess I should wait and see how it plays out, but from the looks of it, it's gonna become quite a mess.

Gotcha. I have only farmed 10-20 as I soon found that endgame were crap. I figured all the other high-level weapons would be crap, just as WF. I do agree there should be a cutoff (maybe poll to see at what level) so that things don't become too unbalanced. At the same time, this does create an opportunity for innovation in an area of PL that has really been lacking.

I suppose there will never be a "happy medium". My biggest issue is the inability from the community to embrace a new opportunity and instead, use it as another complaint. This was a "gift". We have been begging for more creativity and more content. STS delivers and the majority begin to scorn. It's getting old... quick.

xcainnblecterx
08-17-2012, 09:35 AM
It seem every time sts makes new items there is a rant about how the items are op compared to others

iprotectnoobs
08-17-2012, 10:11 AM
how long have u been playing? because if you have been playing since pl started, you'll know that this update was probably the most op and the one that affects most levels

xcainnblecterx
08-17-2012, 12:39 PM
I never said these weapons were not op in fact I said they were, but I been playing since April this year. So technically I've only seen two rants about op gear, angel and now this, but I do know there's a lot of threads from previous gear that mention op

Chopper
08-17-2012, 01:41 PM
how long have u been playing? because if you have been playing since pl started, you'll know that this update was probably the most op and the one that affects most levels

no surprise. STS is trying to sell the most elixir potions to the most players as possible. It needs to try and give carrots to players of all levels so they will spend the dough!

xcainnblecterx
08-17-2012, 03:20 PM
Which is why I think these weps are here to lower profits of everything else has more people who want gold will buy gold with plat. When's the last time that's had to happen?

Yich
08-17-2012, 03:29 PM
This is ridiculous. Sure, you can call all of us whiners for pointing out a VERY obviously OP weapon. You only damage your own reputation. Take a look at the stats for these, then come back. your little suggestion "just go farm them" is the most pure form of ignorance known to man. I have 10 pink bows and a bajillion purps. I can farm them all day, it doesn't make them any less OP. Sure, I'm a bit upset that hours upon hours of farming to buy my 15 purple SBL is now in the toilet, but the point is these ruin PvP. It was balanced (people who played alot got good gear and win, rewarding "good behavior" in STS's eyes; players who were new could get noobier gear, giving them an incentive to play more). Now anyone can go in the black hole, do absolutely nothing but walk as the rest of his/her party kills FRAGX, and they can get the new mega OP weapon. If you think this weapon isnt OP, beat me with any other weapon at level 17 while I use one of the new ones. If you manage to do that you would prove me wrong, but that's a bigger if than "if these weapons don't get nerfed".

Walkhardd
08-17-2012, 03:37 PM
I haven't seen the weapons. Is it just the bow that's op?

Edit nooooooooo!!!! Just realized that was my 1338th post. How do I delete posts, and lock post count?!

Yich
08-17-2012, 03:40 PM
I haven't seen the weapons. Is it just the bow that's op?

Edit nooooooooo!!!! Just realized that was my 1338th post. How do I delete posts, and lock post count?!

Edit post -> Delete.

You're welcome. Gratz on the leet bro.

CrimsonTider
08-17-2012, 03:46 PM
This is ridiculous. Sure, you can call all of us whiners for pointing out a VERY obviously OP weapon. You only damage your own reputation. Take a look at the stats for these, then come back. your little suggestion "just go farm them" is the most pure form of ignorance known to man. I have 10 pink bows and a bajillion purps. I can farm them all day, it doesn't make them any less OP. Sure, I'm a bit upset that hours upon hours of farming to buy my 15 purple SBL is now in the toilet, but the point is these ruin PvP. It was balanced (people who played alot got good gear and win, rewarding "good behavior" in STS's eyes; players who were new could get noobier gear, giving them an incentive to play more). Now anyone can go in the black hole, do absolutely nothing but walk as the rest of his/her party kills FRAGX, and they can get the new mega OP weapon. If you think this weapon isnt OP, beat me with any other weapon at level 17 while I use one of the new ones. If you manage to do that you would prove me wrong, but that's a bigger if than "if these weapons don't get nerfed".

If you play at lvl 17, then you ought to know, like many others do, that level of PvP is far from class balance. So if a weapon(s) can be introduced to make a more viable argument for more classes to play, then I say it is for the better of PL. People will now begin playing with bird/mage builds more to bring more variety. But please, spare us all with the "balanced" argument.

And as far as your "come beat me" attitude is concerned: If you are so "pro", then shouldn't you welcome a new challenge? One of my closest friends is one of the best pvper's in the 12-21 range and I never once heard him complain last night. He was actually excited about the new gear.

I should also point out, this thread contained a lot of excellent, constructive discussion til you came out with your "damage your own reputation" comment. Might want to think about how a flaming thread like yours affects how you are perceived.

Yich
08-17-2012, 03:58 PM
If you play at lvl 17, then you ought to know, like many others do, that level of PvP is far from class balance. So if a weapon(s) can be introduced to make a more viable argument for more classes to play, then I say it is for the better of PL. People will now begin playing with bird/mage builds more to bring more variety. But please, spare us all with the "balanced" argument.

And as far as your "come beat me" attitude is concerned: If you are so "pro", then shouldn't you welcome a new challenge? One of my closest friends is one of the best pvper's in the 12-21 range and I never once heard him complain last night. He was actually excited about the new gear.

I should also point out, this thread contained a lot of excellent, constructive discussion til you came out with your "damage your own reputation" comment. Might want to think about how a flaming thread like yours affects how you are perceived.

As far as balance goes, 17 mages have the potential, 17 dex bears are the lazy mans choice. 17 birds are unexistent, so it is considered fair for a 17 bear to fight an 18 bird with no handicaps (E.g. No using *insert skill here*).

I can't begin to count how many times I've seen "quit being lazy and just go farm it". Seriously? That's ridiculous. I have plenty of them, it's not out of laziness that anyone takes to forums to "complain" about these wicked OP weapons.

Also it's not exactly bragging if I'm giving myself an advantage such as "I get this weapon and you don't". It doesn't make me pro that I can win with these weapons. Anyone can. It only proves my point.