PDA

View Full Version : Third Character Slot

Burton
08-30-2010, 01:46 PM
I am thinking of purchasing a third character slot soon and I was wondering what type of character it should be. Currently I have 1 enchantress mage and 1 ursan warrior and an obvious choice for my third slot would be an avian archer but I was wondering if making some sort of hybrid (ursan mage, enchantress warrior, etc) would be a better choice.

If your choice is for me to make some sort of hybrid, I would appreciate some advice on that (where to place skill/attribute points, etc) because I am inexperienced with hybrids.

kavanah
08-30-2010, 02:19 PM
Well respecs are pretty cheap, so instead of getting another 45, just spend some plat on respecs and try the hybrids out. I would be careful to wait until 1.4 though, in which you will get a few new respecs!

Barbamitsos
08-30-2010, 02:20 PM
dont respec... the hybrids wont own in some time... make a pure archer

Burton
08-30-2010, 02:25 PM
any estimation on when 1.4 will come out?

kavanah
08-30-2010, 02:25 PM
A week or two, its been submitted to Apple for approval!

Burton
08-30-2010, 02:35 PM
any specific hybrid you think is best?

kavanah
08-30-2010, 02:38 PM
depends? pve paladin prolly

Burton
08-30-2010, 02:42 PM
could you explain what that is?

Chickdigcookies
08-30-2010, 02:56 PM
pve is player versus environment
pvp is player versus player

I like PvE. Farming for gear is fun.

Pally is a STR based Mage...i personally dont like them because i just hate melee.
Bowtress is DEX based Mage...my favorite.
Intbear is INT based Ursan
Bowbear is DEX based Ursan
Intbird is INT based Avian
Strbird is STR based Avian

but as Barbamitsos said, they wont own in a week or two. 1.4 will have Stat Drive Skills...as a mage, more int = more magic damage/heal....birds will be increased with dex, and warriors with strength.

Burton
08-30-2010, 03:12 PM
so i should just make a pure archer since 1.4 will make hybrids not as good?

Chickdigcookies
08-30-2010, 03:23 PM
so i should just make a pure archer since 1.4 will make hybrids not as good?

basically, yes...

Snakespeare
08-30-2010, 03:53 PM
pve is player versus environment
pvp is player versus player

I like PvE. Farming for gear is fun.

Pally is a STR based Mage...i personally dont like them because i just hate melee.
Bowtress is DEX based Mage...my favorite.
Intbear is INT based Ursan
Bowbear is DEX based Ursan
Intbird is INT based Avian
Strbird is STR based Avian

but as Barbamitsos said, they wont own in a week or two. 1.4 will have Stat Drive Skills...as a mage, more int = more magic damage/heal....birds will be increased with dex, and warriors with strength.

Some people say "Bowchantress". For Intbear I say "Ursan Mage". Intbear sounds lame. I have also heard "Warbird" for a Strbird.

Snakespeare
08-30-2010, 03:55 PM
Nope. I think you should make a paladin and go on the quests. Then, if you want to respec later, they will give you free respecs when they change the skill system. So, while it lasts, you might as well see what all the hoopla is about regarding paladins.

vulgarstrike
08-30-2010, 04:49 PM
I would go with a pure archer. though, if it was me, I would skip both respecs and characters until ao3 comes out, unless you are hardcore. I think time would be better spent finding farming and earning enough gold for the new equipment

TwinkTastical
08-31-2010, 04:29 AM
Well respecs are pretty cheap, so instead of getting another 45, just spend some plat on respecs and try the hybrids out. I would be careful to wait until 1.4 though, in which you will get a few new respecs!

AKA 12 hrs