PDA

View Full Version : What I Like and Dislike so far..

Taikeo
08-17-2012, 02:09 PM
I have been playing Dark Legends for a couple of weeks (Also downloaded Pocket Legends and Star Legends). So far this is my favorite game ever on my iPad.

Ally Missions - Although I never really cared for Mafia Wars or other such games on Facebook, I really like this feature here! I play very casually (job, sexy wife, and 4 year old son take a lot of my time.. not necessarily in that order.. lol) and this allows me to level at a decent rate even with limited playtime.

Theme/Tone - I love the Dark tone of this game. I like darker fantasy and horror and this game fits the bill. I only wish there could have been a werewolf or hunter faction to choose from as well. I am not too into the SciFi theme of Star Legends.

Graphics/Animations - I love the way the game looks. The character models and animations are awesome! I love how the vanity items and weapons look. I like how I can look how I want with vanities but still have good gear with weapons and gems. This area is the one thing that has kept me from enjoying Pocket Legends more. Although I do not mind cartoonish graphics, I have trouble getting into the way too cartoony animal characters/armor/vanities and the goofy animations of the characters.

Simplicity of Controls - I like only having 4 powers active on the UI. This keeps things simple. I play WoW and I really wish that game's abilities were more streamlined. You either need a gaggle of keybinds or have to click like 30 things in the UI.

Dislikes:

Claustrophobic Feel - Everything feels so small. No exploration. Dungeon maps seem very short. I would like to see larger outdoor and multi-level indoor maps. I also would like to see some sort of minigames in the Vampire District.

Lack of Story -The basic theme is very cool, just wish there was more meat to it.

Repetitive - The mission environments are too repetitive. I would like to see more variation in the locations.

Boss Mechanics - While I certainly don't want anything like WoW bosses or expect something like that from a mobile game. It seems that either you just power through with elixers and bllod packs or when you actually have someone to run with on multiplayer it is a cake walk.

Trading/Auctions - I don't like that I can't sell or trade many things from my inventory. It seems any legendaries I have gained from Ally missions can't be sold or traded. I can't wait until vanities can be put up for auction. I also think I should be able to sell off/trade unwanted vanities that I have purchased for gold or platinum. I do however like the fact that items aren't 'soulbound' and can be sold or traded even if you have equiped them.

Carapace
08-17-2012, 03:26 PM
thanks for the feedback Taikeo!

I'll hit on a couple of things I've mentioned in other threads on topics you've hit in here, so it's more convenient for you and others to peek at and get a decent synopsis.

Claustrophobic Feel - This is as designed, to feel more "bite sized" for players. Having said that there are some ideas coming along that should help create the larger scale content for players looking for it, as well as additional game play styles over time.

Lack of Story -Originally there was a lot more connecting the story together through actions and cut scenes. Ultimately these went away when we removed the energy system requirements to dungeons. In the new expansion I am making an effort to bring more story into the player view however.

Repetitive - this issue came up over the last few weeks as well. Notable in regards to farming content on the same map over and over again. There have been some internal discussions on this, but I'm most certainly aware of it.

Boss Mechanics - It's very true that the majority of bosses in the game are a bit tame compared to normal MMO's. We do have a few beefier ones, namely Kriegberg, and the end boss for the next incoming campaign. These ones benefit from a bit more strategy, as well as teamwork. The majority of the rest remain easier for the sake of casual friendliness. I love raiding mechanics, and other MMO games but this isn't the game to inject all of those ideas as it would only accommodate a small percentage of players. Get close to the level cap and give Kriegberg a try :vsmile:

Taikeo
08-21-2012, 08:59 AM
Thanks for the response Carapace!

As I said this is my favorite game on my iPad.. so I think it is a very good game! I do understand the idea that it needs to be 'bite sized' and agree whole heartedly... I just want tablespoon bites instead of teaspoon ones. :smiley_simmons: It sounds like you are leaning that way with some of the things you said and that will make this very good game great!

Have read a bit on the forums lately and I am glad you are not going to mess with the Ally mission's XP gains. Since as you say this game is meant to be casual friendly, I don't want to have to grind 3d missions to level. I usually set ally missions a few times per day and run 3d missions maybe about an hour (some days not at all though). I really don't want to have to adopt a more hardcore playstyle to level.

I am level 25 now and was wondering what is the philosophy behind the insane jump in xp required to reach 26 compared to 24 to 25? I understand it being more just not like 4 times more. Double.. ok, maybe even triple... I am ok with it, it just seems sort of odd to me.

Rare
08-21-2012, 11:05 AM
I am level 25 now and was wondering what is the philosophy behind the insane jump in xp required to reach 26 compared to 24 to 25? I understand it being more just not like 4 times more. Double.. ok, maybe even triple... I am ok with it, it just seems sort of odd to me.

This is commonly referred to as the "elite cap". Meaning it is there to keep the grinders going. For Dark Legends, when you reach level 26 you get the Kriegberg Helix of Invasion (you can see people carrying the axes around) as a reward for making the long journey. I'm guessing they will continue to have a reward for reaching this elite cap going forward. But no guarantees.

You'll actually find that all 3 Spacetime games have this same type of reward system for reaching the elite cap.

Carapace
08-21-2012, 11:15 AM
Aedenos hit it on the head, 25 is the current "soft cap" but the elite cap is 26. There is a reward associated and you have a head start in the next expansion when the level cap rises. His information is correct :vsmile:

Taikeo
08-22-2012, 07:19 AM
So let me see if I have this straight... I searched the auctions yesterday and found no level 26 legendaries. So the soft cap is 25 and all the end game items are 25? And the elite cap is 26 but that is just to give something extra to shoot for and you get some cool axes to show off that you did?

HunterSLAYER
08-22-2012, 07:32 AM
So let me see if I have this straight... I searched the auctions yesterday and found no level 26 legendaries. So the soft cap is 25 and all the end game items are 25? And the elite cap is 26 but that is just to give something extra to shoot for and you get some cool axes to show off that you did?

You don't like golden axes?

Sent from my Xperia S using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

Rare
08-22-2012, 09:08 AM

Yeah... that's about it. HOWEVER, you can get lvl 26 weapons from ally missions. But they aren't as good as the Helix.

Taikeo
08-22-2012, 10:46 AM
Yeah... that's about it. HOWEVER, you can get lvl 26 weapons from ally missions. But they aren't as good as the Helix.

Thanks so much! I am glad I understand now. And now that I do, I think that's cool and something unique to STS.

I am about 2/3 of the way to 26, I should have bought some pink gems when I hit 25.. lol

@Hunterslayer - I was just asking to make sure I understood. I do like the axes.

Wretch
08-22-2012, 07:03 PM
If you have enough gold buy them from the CS, in game gems are better than the plat bought ones.

Cahaun
08-22-2012, 07:16 PM
Once you get the helixes, you'll find them hard to put down. Also, the Solstice Fire Star is a powerful level 26 gem with a small speed boost.

Wretch
08-22-2012, 11:12 PM
Once you get the helixes, you'll find them hard to put down. Also, the Solstice Fire Star is a powerful level 26 gem with a small speed boost.

Absolutely correct!