PDA

View Full Version : Flank em and Shank em

iprotectnoobs
08-17-2012, 04:58 PM
Hello developers and citizens of PL,

I'm here to basically give my view on the overpowered "forgotten treasure" weapons. My view: Nerf them. Now now, I know what the majority of you'll say: "You're just being lazy.", "Just buy em", "It'll create a gold sink.", "It gives noobs an opportunity now." "PvP is much more balanced.", "Stop complaining, just adapt." etc. I'll basically be countering all of these and be giving my honest testimony.

I've basically played this game from the start and have done a whole lot of work to obtain the gear I have today. I know some of my gear might not be that be that expensive today, but back then it was. And i worked my behind off for two years to get all of it. I'm a PvP-holic. I pride myself on having the best gear. Example: I have all green-ice, three different gear sets for my 35 voodoo and around 20 different items of gear JUST for my 35 copperhead bear. They aren't worth that much now, but the effort I went through to gain them is whats most important to me. Now how do you think I'll feel if all of my previous effort just became obsolete in one week? HINT: VERY VERY MAD. Basically, I feel betrayed. This is what I get for working that much? This is what the loyal customers of Pocket Legends gets after 2 years of devotion? It's basically a slap in the face to me and every hardcore twinker out there. It's like paying 60k for a Porsche, then finding out some hobo got a Lamborghini for free.

For all those people that are accusing me of being lazy, it is kind of ironic because in reality I am the one who farmed for 2 years while they only have to farm for a week and then have better weapons than me. As a side note, I'm already farming the dungeon and have probably farmed a lot more than most people have. (I really just want them for vanity and wouldn't be mad if they got nerfed.)

For all the people who are talking about a gold sink, the reality is that the in-game economy and the value of gold is becoming even more unstable. A 35 pink forgotten bow sells for more than 1 million in cs already, and several other twink pinks are already surpassing the 2 million mark. This and the fact that the prices of previous weapons are dropping is going to make it even harder for the average PLer to obtain these weapons. (Notice I said AVERAGE PLer, and not you forumers who have 70+mil in their acc :p )

For all those people who say it'll help noobs, Ill give some info. The average noob is not likely to farm for hours and would be lucky if he or she even got one pink in the dungeon, so it only reinforces the wealth of the wealthy and doesn't do much for noobs. Sure, they'll have op purple weapons but their armor and amount of gold would still be in the dumps.

For all those people who are tired of me complaining, Ill tell the truth. Previous game changes might have seemed unfair, but they pale in comparison to this. No previous update has ever affected such a large level range. (Levels 10-56) And I am not simply going to sit back and let StS simply change the whole game without getting some feedback and knowing how players feel about it.

For all those people who say this has balanced pvp, the truth is that it's not. Melee bears aren't even an option and now bows have the most damage and speed. Plus they have a blind proc. What does this mean? Everybody will use bows, even mages with staffs will be behind in terms of attack damage because the new bows only require a little dex. People say that PvP is being brought back for dex birds, but I think its more like PvP has been GIVEN to dex birds lol.

Very lastly, I really think that the gear has made the early campaigns look very lame. There isn't much of an incentive to farm there, nor do the campaigns actually seem hard when you have a bow that can one-shot enemies. There's supposed to be some fun and satisfaction in the fact that you have to work hard and cooperate to clear the campaign. It almost seems like boosting when you're just breezing through.

This is my honest opinion and i am not here to flame. Don't be afraid to give me CONSTRUCTIVE criticism and please dont troll or give me some random statement without backing it up. Lastly, thank you guys for taking the time to read this. :)

Very Very Lastly (lol when will it stop?), I think replacing the weps with vanity items would be a cool option other than nerfing the weps, just like in Star Legends. People will still be flocking to the dungeon and spending money on plat and the 4.5x damage helm because the boss is still hard. Thank you.

CrimsonTider
08-17-2012, 05:03 PM
Why not include this in one of the other 1,000 threads about the exact same topic? You have already posted on some of the other threads (which have gathered plenty of interest), so why not just add this there?

iprotectnoobs
08-17-2012, 05:08 PM
haha because none of them go into specific detail about it
most of the other threads have around 2-5 sentences about the weps and i wanted to go more deeper :)
oh and btw could i have your feedback too?

CrimsonTider
08-17-2012, 05:15 PM
My feedback is clearly stated in the other threads as yours could have been as well.

Bunnyshoota
08-17-2012, 07:03 PM
I completely agree to nerf them. Especially at L10-30, twinking has now become more of a matter of who can spam skills faster than using actual skill. At Level26 pvp, everyone has a forgotten bow, and almost all mages just ms at the start. Even though this is beneficial to many new players and those with less fortune, I think that they should seriously be nerfed. A L26 version should have at most 3x-7x damage, not that crazy nuking spamming thing.

Livemau
08-17-2012, 07:13 PM
well i just bought a 66 pink bow so if they get nerfed they better also start shooting orange darts

LwMark
08-17-2012, 07:14 PM
Y should the other ones be better, an not these? Say the WF are the best pvp weapons for 10-20, well they were from a event, just like these are from a event.

maneatingtree
08-17-2012, 07:20 PM
Yes but WF affect only that certain range, not everything over lvl 10 and under 56

Hadesofshadow
08-17-2012, 07:24 PM
Yes but WF affect only that certain range, not everything over lvl 10 and under 56

every 5 levels

twinks are at every 5 levels

your arguement makes no sense

to OP, just buy it and stop complaining ffs

LwMark
08-17-2012, 07:26 PM

Also i just a farmer in FH , i think level ten named treeeatingman lol i thought wqs u an they said no, theh had founders and sog on aswell

iprotectnoobs
08-17-2012, 07:41 PM
every 5 levels

could you tell me which part doesnt make sense? the twinks being at every 5 levels doesnt make any sense :)

cookiez
08-17-2012, 07:47 PM
For all those people who say it'll help noobs, Ill give some info. The average noob is not likely to farm for hours and would be lucky if he or she even got one pink in the dungeon, so it only reinforces the wealth of the wealthy and doesn't do much for noobs. Sure, they'll have op purple weapons but their armor and amount of gold would still be in the dumps.

Ummmm, this is NOT true at all, I was in a game (hidden treasure ) and the biggest noob got a pink bow, it made me mad but he did get it so, proves noobs can get pinks

razerfingers
08-17-2012, 07:49 PM
So what if you collectors and farmers go broke. Make us nowmal PLers feel like we got awesome gear for once so i say dont nerf :)

Sent using spray paint from a "can"

iprotectnoobs
08-17-2012, 07:51 PM

Ummmm, this is NOT true at all, I was in a game (hidden treasure ) and the biggest noob got a pink bow, it made me mad but he did get it so, proves noobs can get pinks

hehe well lets get into the nitty gritty then
a noob = a very new player who is probably not fully dedicated to this game + doesn't really know it well + wouldn't play more than 30 minutes a day at most
soooooooo im willing to bet they dont farm hours a day and apparently that noob got it and he or she got lucky then just as i said but theyre not likely to farm more and more and get a ton of pinks will they?

Bunnyshoota
08-17-2012, 07:55 PM
every 5 levels

Lol hades, you obviously dont understand what MET is saying, so lemme dumb it down so you can comprehend it.

Maneatingtree is saying that winter festival items are pretty much only good in twinking for level 10-25 or 30, a relatively small range.

However, these new fortune items (especially bows) are pretty much the best weapon in terms of damage/dps for levels 10-56, regardless of pvp or pve.

iprotectnoobs
08-17-2012, 07:59 PM
thx for clarifying bunny :)

ThePvpTwink
08-18-2012, 01:02 PM
New weapons= pvp is all ffa/rush

LwMark
08-18-2012, 02:28 PM
So what if you collectors and farmers go broke. Make us nowmal PLers feel like we got awesome gear for once so i say dont nerf :)

Sent using spray paint from a "can"

Severly damaged an broke now, but its not my game i dont make rules

McBain
08-18-2012, 02:46 PM
From what I've seen, yeah...the forgotten weapons are damage-heavy, but overall they're still trumped stat-wise by higher level sets IMO. Haven't compared stats for lower level stuff. I see no need to nerf these.

LwMark
08-18-2012, 02:51 PM
I guess theres really no point in collectin items any more except for very fewwww, other then im just sellin everything, gold never loses value i guess, its ok though

Livemau
08-18-2012, 02:53 PM
I guess theres really no point in collectin items any more except for very fewwww, other then im just sellin everything, gold never loses value i guess, its ok though

lol i cant wait until the day when ppl wont accept gold as a currency because its worthless like dirt. Worn Bows will be the new currency (lets hope cuz i have a bunch after farming recipes)

Yich
08-18-2012, 03:24 PM
Y should the other ones be better, an not these? Say the WF are the best pvp weapons for 10-20, well they were from a event, just like these are from a event.

LOL The WF items aren't the only items used at this level range... Ever heard of a talon? No? Mk. How about an X bow? No? That's GG bro. You can't win with talon, Xbow, Any WF item, Melee weapon, Magic weapon, any other dex weapon, Forgotten staff or forgetten blade against this new wicked OP Forgotten bow.
What could you do before? Use a talon and a shield for a fair fight against any WF item. You could also kite with an xbow and if you got enough hits in before they caught ya, you just might win. Now if they catch you at all, it's GG. So ugh, GG.

call it
08-18-2012, 04:03 PM
You can't win with talon, Xbow, Any WF item, Melee weapon, Magic weapon, any other dex weapon, Forgotten staff or forgetten blade against this new wicked OP Forgotten bow.

I have beaten, and been beaten talon vs pink bow at same level.
If you can't beat a new player who has a bad build and a pink bow, then quit PVP or get better.
Replacedbear kicked my proverbial several times, I was using pink bow and he used talon.

These bows have low range, a good bear can keep out of your distance with stomp, and using a SBL or duckfoot, or xbow, own you.

iprotectnoobs
08-19-2012, 12:38 AM
Exactly you should look at the stats for lower levels :)