View Full Version : Broken skills from long ago

Dynastu
08-17-2012, 09:54 PM
For ~a number of months now...~ Several skills have been broken.

Restore is broken on birds. Restore only works when standing still.
Replenish is broken on bears. Replenish only works when standing still.
Heal is semi-broken for elves. Heal doesn't work 100% of the time (not sure how to exploit this.)
Mana Shield is semi-broken for elves. Mana shield doesn't work 100% of the time (same scenario as heal [don't you dare say it's because of blast shot... It happens versus mages as well]).

This has been stated... Many... Times, and it seems as though the develepors have been avoiding this. Is it purposeful? Is it a bug? Is it being looked into if it is a bug..?

These bugs can be quite problematic in many ways (namely PvP, but PvE as well). I found that I had to buy a skill respec due to Restore being practically rendered useless for my bird in PvP. Which brings up another matter...

What happened to free respecs? O.o

The current plan is to change the cost for respecs to be free for several days so people can experiment. I believe there will also be a limit to keep people from respecing while in a PvP area to remove a potential abuse.

:confused: It said, "The current plan...". Did you change your mind, or just accidentally forget?

Hahahahabirdy
08-17-2012, 10:01 PM
You spelled developers wrong. You're welcome ^^

Dynastu
08-17-2012, 10:03 PM
You spelled developers wrong. You're welcome ^^

Lmao, oops... Thanks, yet again, for making me look stupid :D

"Oh, look. Dynastu posted a thread. I think I'll correct his spelling/grammar."

Hahahahabirdy
08-17-2012, 10:22 PM
Lmao, oops... Thanks, yet again, for making me look stupid :D

"Oh, look. Dynastu posted a thread. I think I'll correct his spelling/grammar."

It's one of my favorite things to do!

NotYoCookiez
08-17-2012, 10:30 PM
Free respec where are you?!?!

And yes those skills are broken, and as for the mages skill I can't explain either but its just a thing that randomly happens time to time, can't really explain how to trigger it

CrimsonTider
08-17-2012, 10:34 PM
Don't forget that crafted 2h weapons/vanity shields still mix and the join button still dc's when entering Monster Bash.

Otahaibab
08-18-2012, 01:48 AM
Yea and dont forget...ugh dont forget....ugh nvm most have been listed
And on a serious note WHAT HAPPENED TO FREE RESKILLS(inspent like 10 platinum making the perfect bear)

Dynastu
08-18-2012, 10:29 AM
Devs, can we please get an answer to this? We've been needing these skills to be fixed for quite some time now. I'm loving all of the new content that's being released so rapidly, but the glitches mentioned above really are annoying.

Justg
08-18-2012, 10:34 AM
Hey guys, honestly I don't know the status on these, but I will submit it to QA. Unless there is a reason they were nerfed or changed, we'll get them fixed.

Cahaun
08-18-2012, 10:41 AM
Hey guys, honestly I don't know the status on these, but I will submit it to QA. Unless there is a reason they were nerfed or changed, we'll get them fixed.
Thanks G!

Dynastu
08-18-2012, 11:58 AM

Thank you!

Justg
08-18-2012, 12:31 PM
Cinco thinks he can get some of these resolved on Monday. While we are on the topic of cleaning up, can anyone point me to a thread about when being able to move while chatting broke? Not saying we can do anything about it, but if it is one of those minor annoyances we can look in to it.

Matutd
08-18-2012, 12:33 PM
Yeah, can only chat while walking if you use tap to move

Livemau
08-18-2012, 12:43 PM
maybe i will finally put more than one point into heal

Matutd
08-18-2012, 12:44 PM
I have like 6-7 points in heal :/

Dynastu
08-18-2012, 01:02 PM
Lol, Birdy got my thread title edited... :cool:.

Cinco thinks he can get some of these resolved on Monday. While we are on the topic of cleaning up, can anyone point me to a thread about when being able to move while chatting broke? Not saying we can do anything about it, but if it is one of those minor annoyances we can look in to it.

I'd have to look back pretty far to find the thread, but this occurred when the User Interface code from DL was rolled in.

Elyseon
08-20-2012, 10:04 PM
Yeh restore is kinda vital, this has been giving a disadvantage for awhile
Yet you fix a fun dmg buff that only affects one map first even tho this restore problems been going on for months