PDA

View Full Version : PvP and new weapons

Ape
08-18-2012, 07:45 AM
This is about pvp and those new weapons that are released.

I myself do alot lvl 17 pvp and these new weapons turned this level pvp into crap.
I'll explain:

First pvp was about skills and every little point in dmg and armor etc.

So the people with the most skills and best armor had the best chance on winning, for example gundamsone, he ownd like every level 17 and under.
Now this changed, skills, good armour or not, everyone can win. It's just all about hitting the first debuff with those new bows, level 12s now even have a big chance on winning from level 17s.

I'm not sure if this is in other pvp levels the same but please fix this!

About 95% of the pvpers is with me on level 17 and from my friends who have pvped atleast some months 100% is with me.

WarTornBird
08-18-2012, 08:11 AM
Thread number 40,000,007
If a lvl 12 is giving you a run for your money and your to lazy to go farm a pink bow which could possibly take you I don't know 10 minutes? That's your own fault. Chill with the pvp for maybe an hour and just farm. If you can't beat them, join them right? Seriously, if a level 12 is killing you though, and your lvl 17 you might need to change your strategy a bit. :/

Ape
08-18-2012, 08:13 AM
no I didnt get killed by a 12 and i got a lvl 17 pink bow but i now see this happening alot.

LookBehindMe
08-18-2012, 08:17 AM
Well from my time playing lvl 18 I've see that it has evened the field ALOT!
Aa far as I can most of the people complaining are the ones that could spend 500k+ per twink and had the best op stuff.
Now everyone can get it and they don't know how to handle it.

Phoenixking
08-18-2012, 09:01 AM
Can a bird pvp at that level? :o

CrimsonTider
08-18-2012, 09:14 AM

Yep and the bears are raging now... literally.

Pimpslide
08-18-2012, 09:27 AM

Yeah, they always could. Just it's waaay easier now.
People tend to underrate every other class under 20 because ages ago bears actually did pwn.

IN THE PAST
Mages beat bears because of kiting. I've seen onebeastmage actually beat a 15 bear nuking as well.
18 Birds can beat bears level 17-18 half of the time, because the dodge is luck.
Bears Vs. Bear was just all luck mixed with two skills that need timing: For levels 18-20 is hell scream, and anything under is first stomp or kite.

NOW
I've actually tried it now on all classes 20 and under... It's quite easy to rush, and get rushed, as well as win in a 3v1, and also to lose in one second in a 3v1. 1v1 is all about whether the bow blinding proc hits. It's MUCH faster than normal, and takes a little less skill (as well as skills) to PvP. Some people prefer it like this, some people don't.

The only thing holding back other classes was their lack of damage (like a bear). They made up for it in kiting, and lucky dodges. That's why mages got so popular at 25+ because when they get that buff, it's significantly better than a bears. Now, these new bows allow mages to kite while doing significantly more damage (trust me mages hurt. Four kite combos before was 1/4 health. Now It's about 2 combos. I think some mage got me to 1/4 in one combo. [This was just freak luck though, I ended up winning by a pathetic cheap strategy of treeing every single drain life and skill besides lightning the mage threw out in an attempt to get him down to 0 mana.] You can still 1 hit mages but usually they just drain and heal their way out of trouble. The only way to beat a kite mage if you are a bear now is to attempt to survive until their mana runs out.

Birds now have mix of dodge and damage, quite like those "OP" str bears everyone was talking about a month before.

It's different, faster, and sometimes (say if you get rushed) more convenient. Not as fun, but I guess everyone has different opinions on this.

Ape
08-18-2012, 09:41 AM
devs changed my thread name.
I think they did this so noobs didnt rage quit this game cuz of frustating pvp, but they didn'y have to do this to the old elite pvpers..

Pimpslide
08-18-2012, 09:42 AM
devs changed my thread name.
I think they did this so noobs didnt rage quit this game cuz of frustating pvp and they make more money -_-

Hm, just noticed that you are ape. Howdy!
And Ape is MadeforPK? Had no clue. Lol.

Ape
08-18-2012, 09:46 AM
yup thats it

Livemau
08-18-2012, 09:49 AM
i noticed against ppl my lvl i do better with sword and shieldbut against higher lvls the dmg of my 66 pink forgotten bow (found by twinklaser) helps me more with high levels

MightyMicah
08-18-2012, 10:11 AM
Thread number 40,000,007
If a lvl 12 is giving you a run for your money and your to lazy to go farm a pink bow which could possibly take you I don't know 10 minutes? That's your own fault. Chill with the pvp for maybe an hour and just farm. If you can't beat them, join them right? Seriously, if a level 12 is killing you though, and your lvl 17 you might need to change your strategy a bit. :/

The core problem is not found in a lazy attitude that says "I don't want to farm." The core problem is that pvp is no longer fun as it should be. Personally, the thing that I hate the most about the update is that the little variety Pocket Legends had was just stripped away. I joined a level 35 match to find the entire room, mages, birds, and bears, all with the exact same weapon. I'm not opposed to the idea of a dungeon giving out good weapons. I'm opposed to the idea of PL pvp dominated with a single item.

cookiez
08-18-2012, 11:06 AM
Jesus PLEASE STOP MAKING NEW THREADS LIKE THIS! Many,many,many people have already stated the SAME thing.

And lemme guess, your friends are all bears? CORRECT!, God forbid you finally have competition

Edit^^ I counted and there are like 10-11 threads already made

MightyMicah
08-18-2012, 11:11 AM
Jesus PLEASE STOP MAKING NEW THREADS LIKE THIS! Many,many,many people have already stated the SAME thing.

And lemme guess, your friends are all bears? CORRECT!, God forbid you finally have competition

Actually, Jesus didint make this thread. Maxedtank did. ;)

cookiez
08-18-2012, 11:39 AM
Lol^^

LookBehindMe
08-18-2012, 11:59 AM

*claps wildly* BRAVO!!!!

call it
08-18-2012, 03:55 PM

Ape
08-18-2012, 11:03 PM
Call it ik ur a bird and im glad u like the update but all markets fallen apart, check the weapon prices now, everything is dropping.

Phoenixking
08-19-2012, 01:27 AM
Yeah, they always could. Just it's waaay easier now.
People tend to underrate every other class under 20 because ages ago bears actually did pwn.

IN THE PAST
Mages beat bears because of kiting. I've seen onebeastmage actually beat a 15 bear nuking as well.
18 Birds can beat bears level 17-18 half of the time, because the dodge is luck.
Bears Vs. Bear was just all luck mixed with two skills that need timing: For levels 18-20 is hell scream, and anything under is first stomp or kite.

NOW
I've actually tried it now on all classes 20 and under... It's quite easy to rush, and get rushed, as well as win in a 3v1, and also to lose in one second in a 3v1. 1v1 is all about whether the bow blinding proc hits. It's MUCH faster than normal, and takes a little less skill (as well as skills) to PvP. Some people prefer it like this, some people don't.

The only thing holding back other classes was their lack of damage (like a bear). They made up for it in kiting, and lucky dodges. That's why mages got so popular at 25+ because when they get that buff, it's significantly better than a bears. Now, these new bows allow mages to kite while doing significantly more damage (trust me mages hurt. Four kite combos before was 1/4 health. Now It's about 2 combos. I think some mage got me to 1/4 in one combo. [This was just freak luck though, I ended up winning by a pathetic cheap strategy of treeing every single drain life and skill besides lightning the mage threw out in an attempt to get him down to 0 mana.] You can still 1 hit mages but usually they just drain and heal their way out of trouble. The only way to beat a kite mage if you are a bear now is to attempt to survive until their mana runs out.

Birds now have mix of dodge and damage, quite like those "OP" str bears everyone was talking about a month before.

It's different, faster, and sometimes (say if you get rushed) more convenient. Not as fun, but I guess everyone has different opinions on this.
I should have said it more clearly, I meant to say if birds had a better chance at pvp, you answered that though so thanks

Hadesofshadow
08-19-2012, 01:52 AM
Call it ik ur a bird and im glad u like the update but all markets fallen apart, check the weapon prices now, everything is dropping.

like when new level caps come out :O

Phoenixking
08-19-2012, 01:56 AM
like when new level caps come out :O
Me too, in the future