PDA

View Full Version : Gold sink idea which kills black market

Since2010
12-11-2022, 01:07 PM
As we have seen the whole community talks about inflation and next broblem is black market. To fix or lets say kill this two biggest problems in pl here is the only and best way:
Add the Vendor to the new town to sell the high end vanities and expensive items purchable with GOLD

Items like:

- Blackended Helm of the Dragon
- Blackended Scales of the Dragon
- Dragon's Breath Seared Helm
- Dragon's Breath Seared Scales
- Dragonet's Piering Helm
- Dragonet's Piercing Scales
- Dragonet's Elite Fire Xbow
- Dragon's Breath Elite Staff
- Elite Fire Axe of the Dragon
- Elite Marlin Sword
- Elite Wave Twister
- Fossilized Dragon egg
- Humaina Face
- Founder's Helm
- Crown of Persistance
- Nuri Shield
- Mantel of Humaina

Curvatwo
12-11-2022, 02:26 PM
I respectfully disagree. Recoloring and re-releasing will always be the worst way to release content. It is dry, overdone, and alienates previous generations of players that received items. Stop Diluting PL history with unlimited remakes and recolors.

Fiooooooooo
12-11-2022, 04:31 PM
This will never happen and it shouldn't even be a question.

Fwend
12-11-2022, 08:45 PM
Something we finally agree on.

Reintroducing all these high end items that all the black market players buy and sell and make thousands of USA dollars on daily, as well as selling Pocket Legends gold, that they bot in Isle of Night in locked games alone.

As well as creating a full map of 5 different accounts, and running a macro to bot the new campaign to loot mythic items as well as dragon fangs

There is one particular player who had over 10k dragon fangs within the first week, crafting mythic items for others for pl gold. As well as flooding the consignment store with mythic level 115 item's. How is this possible?

He bot the new map with 5 different accounts at level 115. He even offered to sell the bot programn to others on game for real life money.

STS are unaware of the black market activities of these players.

I pleade STS to crack down on this, it is a major issue currently on game, look into Epicnpc blackmarket website.

Curvatwo
12-11-2022, 09:10 PM

Reintroducing all these high end items that all the black market players buy and sell and make thousands of USA dollars on daily, as well as selling Pocket Legends gold, that they bot in Isle of Night in locked games alone.

As well as creating a full map of 5 different accounts, and running a macro to bot the new campaign to loot mythic items as well as dragon fangs

There is one particular player who had over 10k dragon fangs within the first week, crafting mythic items for others for pl gold. As well as flooding the consignment store with mythic level 115 item's. How is this possible?

He bot the new map with 5 different accounts at level 115. He even offered to sell the bot programn to others on game for real life money.

I pleade STS to crack down on this, it is a major issue currently on game, look into Epicnpc blackmarket website.

I disagree that they should re-introduce old campaign discontinued items, and I am shocked you support this tbh

on the second part - agreed, these players need to be banned. Everyone that has ever bought Items for irl money should be banned forever. This would include the top 3-5 richest players in the game. I won't name-drop, but we all know who they are, But I know your friends will find other things to do once they are gone :)

Fiooooooooo
12-11-2022, 09:21 PM

I find it curious how you are always up to date on the current botting and black market shenanigans sunny. And I have checked out the website you so graciously mentioned, and it doesn't look super active in my opinion, maybe you know more details about how active it is though XD.

Curvatwo
12-11-2022, 09:22 PM
I find it curious how you are always up to date on the current botting and black market shenanigans sunny. And I have checked out the website you so graciously mentioned, and it doesn't look super active in my opinion, maybe you know more details about how active it is though XD.

Wait that's true assf I didn't even know about epicNPC until Sunny brought it up? Is she always on that site??? Why is nobody looking into this...

Fwend
12-11-2022, 10:17 PM
Clearly if I asked STS to look into it, I have nothing to fear.

But accusingly others is a deflection on yourself.

It is easy to look at what is sold on that website and compard to what players are selling on game who obviously uses it. The proof is all there.

Fiooooooooo
12-11-2022, 11:12 PM
How is that deflecting for myself, im broke ash. On top of that I never accused you, I alluded to it but if you want me to, I can, and considering you have a history I wouldn't be surprised. It also seems like a good way to drive traffic there by mentioning it multiple times on forums.

Since2010
12-12-2022, 05:14 AM

Thanks Sunflwershine for your great post. I dont wan to report anyone but just a little hint (could you devs check those accs who are against this idea are they clean) i promice they arnt.

And fio thanks for your posts i dont want to make this thread drama thread to post about you and few other ppl...just want to send my message to Sts lets make revolution, lets end Black market and this inflation!
-Best wishes

Since2010
12-12-2022, 05:17 AM
Wait that's true assf I didn't even know about epicNPC until Sunny brought it up? Is she always on that site??? Why is nobody looking into this...

Lets say anyone who plays PL for even 1 month, gonna know about this because unfortantly there is a lot bm players.

NukeDragon
12-12-2022, 08:34 AM
Why not just make discontinued items untradable, and reintroduce the human faces or make something similar but better?

Fwend
12-12-2022, 09:11 AM
I don't think making discontinued items account bound is a solution, because in the past this just caused players to buy and sell accounts more with those exclusive items.

To fight inflation and combat the huge blackmarket issue where sts is loosing thousands of dollars, we have to think of a way to make those discontinued items less lucrative to sell for real life money.

One way is to flood the game with them via buying them for PL gold and this also is a great gold sink. As the original thread was suggested by Since2010.

Kazori
12-12-2022, 10:01 AM
if you want to cause more players to quit the game over being upset about their legitimately earned rare discontinued items being released again then this is a great way to do so.

Idevour
12-12-2022, 10:09 AM
Bringing back old items would be the worst decision they could make.

Take a look at bot accounts, shouldn't be to hard to tell. But why bring back old items? Seems like anyone that wants them brought back is trying to get the game to die faster than it already is.

Nihiliste
12-12-2022, 10:50 AM
This is probably the most ridiculous and terrible idea anyone has ever suggested and it shouldn’t even be considered by Cinco. As Kazori stated, this is a perfect way of making the remaining players of this game quit.

Curvatwo
12-12-2022, 11:16 AM

Take a look at bot accounts, shouldn't be to hard to tell. But why bring back old items? Seems like anyone that wants them brought back is trying to get the game to die faster than it already is.

Fr. I feel like anyone suggesting this loses all reputation

Since2010
12-12-2022, 11:20 AM

This thread was "cheese"... you have og mantle this is the messenge am trying to present. As i said i dont wanna make drama thread to tell about you guys one by one with proofs...

Since2010
12-12-2022, 11:22 AM
This is probably the most ridiculous and terrible idea anyone has ever suggested and it shouldn’t even be considered by Cinco. As Kazori stated, this is a perfect way of making the remaining players of this game quit.

Dont you have white tourney and humania acc? at least humania acc

Nihiliste
12-12-2022, 11:29 AM
Dont you have white tourney and humania acc? at least humania acc

I own a silver tourney shield and a white tourney shield, is that a problem?

Idevour
12-12-2022, 11:32 AM
This thread was "cheese"... you have og mantle this is the messenge am trying to present. As i said i dont wanna make drama thread to tell about you guys one by one with proofs...

I haven't owned that mantle in 4 years. My signature is also 4 years old should I change it?

Absolize
12-12-2022, 12:04 PM
I can agree something does need to be done about the insane inflation and BM items getting flooded in where people do decide to raise prices because it’s not a problem to them to keep buying gold off of BM sites. I’m not sure what the solution would be, but I can’t think this suggestion would be a good idea.

FFA
12-12-2022, 01:19 PM
My idea/solution

Start with creating one vendor, This vendor will have every item/vanity in PL.

Make platinum tradable. Make it so it can be listed in CS/traded.

The vendor needs to have every item worth more gold than it's actually normally selling for, This is to have it available but at a cost that it's either not worth it or will take gold out of the community.

Have the same items also available for platinum, Each vanity set should be a minimum of 2,000 plat. (Remember plat at this point will also be a tradable currency, That you can buy/trade and will have a significant value)

With this idea STS can profit, And the players that want these items can then purchase them.

I think any other alternative to this idea will ruin the economy in game, Simply because nothing will have value.

* Side note: I like that you also left tourney shields off this list. I think that's the one set of items that should never return for sale. *

Absolize
12-12-2022, 01:23 PM
My idea/solution

The vendor needs to have every item worth more gold than it's actually normally selling for, This is to have it available but at a cost that it's either not worth it or will take gold out of the community.

Have the same items also available for platinum, Each vanity set should be a minimum of 2,000 plat. (Remember plat at this point will also be a tradable currency, That you can buy/trade and will have a significant value)

With this idea STS can profit, And the players that want these items can then purchase them.

I think any other alternative to this idea will ruin the economy in game, Simply because nothing will have value.

* Side note: I like that you also left tourney shields off this list. I think that's the one set of items that should never return for sale. *

Better idea, considering people will buy platinum to obtain the items and people will buy platinum just to sell it.

It can turn a huge profit for STS considering those items are wanted by the community and will also kill the amount of gold in the game.

Endpoints
12-12-2022, 01:36 PM
This idea won't really solve anything, blackmarket would always be there because there's always something with value (gold). And if the supply is high, prices would just go down and won't really solve inflation.
If the rarity of an item is removed and everyone have them, would anyone want/buy them anymore?

Curvatwo
12-12-2022, 01:40 PM
My idea/solution

I agree plat should be tradeable like AL. They can add an intermediary if they want like tradeable CS slots, but if you think about it plat is already tradeable through tickets and recipes, they just need to expand that idea.

NukeDragon
12-13-2022, 09:12 AM
As for the discontinued items and faces, I think if you made a vendor where you can get a recipe for plat and have to farm items to craft. They should be maybe even harder than farming demonic sets. Just an idea, as for the faces, they could just remove them like the droid costume.

NukeDragon
12-13-2022, 11:33 AM
Another idea is that the items you have to buy with stuff like the dragon fang currency. Meaning you have to play a whole lot to be able to buy them.

Idea from Decimatingyou

Idevour
12-13-2022, 12:39 PM
Another idea is that the items you have to buy with stuff like the dragon fang currency. Meaning you have to play a whole lot to be able to buy them.

Idea from Decimatingyou

So, make it even easier for bots to get stuff?

NukeDragon
12-13-2022, 01:56 PM
So, make it even easier for bots to get stuff?

I see that as an issue. Otherwise make a plat vendor in respected Townes just to sell the items at high prices. Unless my other post is more appealing.

Islamiyah24
12-14-2022, 09:11 AM
100% Disagree. Especially on the cop, soh and bd sets. Those are exclusive items and I know that you know it. Past cap rewards and old exclusive events vanity shouldn't be added to the game anymore, they also stated about the bd sets and humania face before that it can never be happen. They also said that if they are going to that, permission to the vanity creator should be ask first. -1 -1 -1 -1!!

Excellencies
12-14-2022, 09:25 AM
Funny tho, last time we see something brought back those items ended up as trash to these ppl who asked for it. And pretty sure, if they agrre on this one, well I'd say there'll be more loss to the already small community.

NukeDragon
12-14-2022, 10:14 AM
Then just make them account bound like every cap now.

Idevour
12-14-2022, 10:24 AM
Then just make them account bound like every cap now.

This idea is awful aswell. Leave them the way they are. What is the point in making them account bound?

Everyone is so worried about inflation and black market players

1. Black market players take a look at certain guilds I think you might be in one of those guilds.
2. Inflation, is probably fixed for the most part after the nerf of myxx. Now we just need a little gold sink. How about give the option to open crates with gold? 1m per crate

NukeDragon
12-14-2022, 10:35 AM
This idea is awful aswell. Leave them the way they are. What is the point in making them account bound?

Everyone is so worried about inflation and black market players

1. Black market players take a look at certain guilds I think you might be in one of those guilds.
2. Inflation, is probably fixed for the most part after the nerf of myxx. Now we just need a little gold sink. How about give the option to open crates with gold? 1m per crate

I like that, and tbh there is no definite way to stop the BM. Lots of people going to use it.

Curvatwo
12-14-2022, 11:22 AM
Thanks Sunflwershine for your great post. I dont wan to report anyone but just a little hint (could you devs check those accs who are against this idea are they clean) i promice they arnt.

And fio thanks for your posts i dont want to make this thread drama thread to post about you and few other ppl...just want to send my message to Sts lets make revolution, lets end Black market and this inflation!
-Best wishes

bro just said anyone who disagrees with reintroducing old items is a BMer, lol

Nihiliste
12-14-2022, 12:21 PM
It’s a habit of his, I am sure most people are used to Golem’s slanders. Ironic aswell.

Idevour
12-14-2022, 12:38 PM
I like that, and tbh there is no definite way to stop the BM. Lots of people going to use it.

I also want to make it clear I am in no way calling you a BM player, I hope you did not take it that way

Absolize
12-14-2022, 04:48 PM
100% Disagree. Especially on the cop, soh and bd sets. Those are exclusive items and I know that you know it. Past cap rewards and old exclusive events vanity shouldn't be added to the game anymore, they also stated about the bd sets and humania face before that it can never be happen. They also said that if they are going to that, permission to the vanity creator should be ask first. -1 -1 -1 -1!!

They’re exclusive to people who BM them and that is pretty much it. No one else can afford them for what they currently go for.

Islamiyah24
12-15-2022, 05:10 AM
They’re exclusive to people who BM them and that is pretty much it. No one else can afford them for what they currently go for.

I think you mean to all of us, I do own something valuable but not something like bd or og mantle. Though we're not bmer, I can tell it the way you say it. You'll realize it later on.

+ Adding them back is disrespectful to ppl who really owned them without bming. You might read Idevour idea, that's +1 right?

Since2010
12-15-2022, 09:03 AM
How funny... its sad to see that most of you who are against this idea is the reason why i made this post :(

Cinco
12-15-2022, 09:11 AM
How funny... its sad to see that most of you who are against this idea is the reason why i made this post :(

I applaud efforts to thwart the black market because they come from a well-meaning place. Unfortunately the ideas themselves are not always good.

Also, lashing out against those who disagree with you is bad form (even here).

Best wishes! Closing.