PDA

View Full Version : Forgotten Procs (A Fluff Post)

FluffNStuff
08-19-2012, 12:09 PM
I tested the three new weapons in PvP against myself to check out the procs on them and this is what I found. This was done with level 12's, but I am sure the proc's do not change with level. Note I tested the Pinks, I am not sure if the purples also proc.

Forgotten Bow: Blind Shot Debuff. Reduces Hit by 15% Lasts for ~5 seconds.

Forgotten Blade: Break Armor Debuff: Reduces Armor by 15 points. Lasts ~3 seconds.

Forgotten Staff: Blessing of Vitality Buff: Increases Self Armor by 32 Points. Lasts 12 seconds.

Note, the blessing of Vitality Buff will not stack with a mage's buff or with itself (it takes the higher of the two). The blind shot will stack, I am not sure about the break armor due to its short active time.

-kyleww
08-19-2012, 12:29 PM
wow i need to try that staff in low level pvp

ThePvpTwink
08-19-2012, 12:29 PM
32 armor for 12 seconds proc.......................that's a lot

WarTornBird
08-19-2012, 12:30 PM
I read it and was like...wait did I forget a proc o.o then it all made sense :p but yea the staffs proc is a little ridiculous ._.

CrimsonTider
08-19-2012, 12:30 PM
Out of thanks so I shall thank thee here.

Also, seems to me the devs knew what they were doing. This makes team play, especially at low levels, a new component. The weapons do increase damage, but the procs do seem to counteract this on different levels.

Otukura
08-19-2012, 12:57 PM
Are you sure it doesn't stack? The sewers gemstone staffs give the same proc, and with them it will stack.

Yich
08-19-2012, 01:10 PM
Um this is different then what I noticed. When I tested proc on the bow it took away 50 hit %. This was with a lvl 17 bow.

FluffNStuff
08-19-2012, 01:48 PM
Um this is different then what I noticed. When I tested proc on the bow it took away 50 hit %. This was with a lvl 17 bow.

I kept getting 30% at first, but that was because it was stacking so quick. You might have had 3 stacks.

FluffNStuff
08-19-2012, 01:54 PM
Are you sure it doesn't stack? The sewers gemstone staffs give the same proc, and with them it will stack.

I originally thought the timing was around 20 seconds because it kept going longer but a new rage symbol would not appear and my armor would not go any higher. I then tested on my mage, and after I triggered, fired blessing of Vitality, and my armor only went up by the difference between my current skill buff and the 32 armor proc from the weapon.

Zeus
08-19-2012, 02:27 PM
Fluff, the bow is still dominant over all the other three forgotten weapons in PvP. Extra armor vs reducing your opponents hit so he doesn't land a hit on you on the first place? I know which weapon I'll be choosing in PvP. It's not just the damage that makes the forgotten bow OP, but the proc. If you take away the damage and make it lower than current WF items, I'd still be choosing the forgotten bow due to its awesome proc! :)

CrimsonTider
08-19-2012, 02:30 PM
Fluff, the bow is still dominant over all the other three forgotten weapons in PvP. Extra armor vs reducing your opponents hit so he doesn't land a hit on you on the first place? I know which weapon I'll be choosing in PvP. It's not just the damage that makes the forgotten bow OP, but the proc. If you take away the damage and make it lower than current WF items, I'd still be choosing the forgotten bow due to its awesome proc! :)

"So what you're saying is there's a chance?" Lloyd Christmas - Dumb and Dumber

Zeus
08-19-2012, 03:31 PM
"So what you're saying is there's a chance?" Lloyd Christmas - Dumb and Dumber

LOL!

Small chance, but go for it, Crim. :)

FluffNStuff
08-19-2012, 03:45 PM

I thought forgotten weapons were just OP over all other weapons, now they are OP'd against themselves? MONSTERS I TELL YA!!!! Anyway, 85% sure (after blinding proc) that there are other threads where people Condemn\Exalt the effects the Stats of these weapons will have on the game, I would like to keep this thread to just discussing those stats, mainly Procs.

Chopper
08-20-2012, 10:40 AM
I didn't even realize there was a proc on these items, duh!

I'm using the purple one, which gives better stats. Has anyone confirmed if there is any proc on the purples?

ThePvpTwink
08-20-2012, 12:11 PM
I only noticed proc on bow and sword...the staff didn't work for me

Zelthox
08-20-2012, 01:06 PM
I used a purple staff on my lvl12 and there is a proc-32 defense for purp staff as well, so I assume the other purples proc as well. I'll have to test it out.

FluffNStuff
08-20-2012, 01:09 PM
I only noticed proc on bow and sword...the staff didn't work for me

The staff takes the longest to get the proc to happen. Make sure you don't have any buffs, and look for the rage symbol to appear.

earthkuma
08-20-2012, 01:21 PM
Thanks for ur hard work^o^
Keep good working sir^o^ /