View Full Version : Someone stole my itunes account and bought plat from you guys

katraz
08-31-2010, 01:33 AM
And the Paypal account that my itunes was attached to is now frozen. If an admin would like to send me an e-mail I will send them the transaction numbers so they can hunt this person down - especially if they already got the plat.

Both my bank and paypal are gonna block the transactions so no one is gonna get paid.

Admins, you have my e-mail

15 Charges

08/30/2010 at around 5am.
1st order number is MGT3WTSQSM Invoice # 145011002616

jonboy
08-31-2010, 02:03 AM
Hey, katraz, do you play PL ?

katraz
08-31-2010, 08:03 AM
Hey, katraz, do you play PL ?

Nope, I was once a Wow/Aion/EQ/DAOC guy tho

bmc85uk
08-31-2010, 08:12 AM
I'm an ex EQ/EQ2/AO player, give it a try you might like it, then again don't expect anything as hardcore as a fully fledged MMO ;)

katraz
08-31-2010, 08:17 AM
Is it on Android ? I am on Sprint

Futumsh
08-31-2010, 08:21 AM
You'll have to go through apple for this - they handle the refund process.

katraz
08-31-2010, 08:31 AM
Yeah, looking at the number of people who get defrauded on Itunes and Apple/Itunes Customer Service, thats not likely.
But I have sent them the required e-mail since no voice/chat options are available.
Paypal has sent off the inquiry for fraud e-mails to apple.

I just wanted to make sure the little bastard didn't get his plat.

katraz
08-31-2010, 08:57 PM
And thats exactly what I expected from Itunes... LOL

Dear ******

My name is Kyla, and I understand you are concerned about unauthorized charges made to your account. I know how worrisome this can be, and I am here to help you any way I can.

I urge you to contact your card issuer as soon as possible to inquire about canceling the card or account and removing the unauthorized transactions. You should also ask them to launch an investigation into the security of your account. Under the circumstances the iTunes Store cannot reverse the charges for those purchases without chargeback orders from your card issuer.

I strongly recommend you change your account password immediately. Changing the password will help to prevent anyone else from using your iTunes Store account to place orders without your knowledge. To increase the security of your account I highly recommend that you follow the suggestions outlined in the following article:

iTunes Store: Best practices for protecting the security of your account
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4156

If you wish, you can also remove your payment information from the iTunes Store as follows:

1) Open iTunes and sign in to the iTunes Store.
2) Select "View My Account" from the Store menu.
3) Enter your password and click the View Account button.
4) Click the Edit Payment Information button.
5) Select "None" as the payment type.
6) Click the Done button at the bottom of the page.

If you suspect you are the victim of identity theft, consider following these recommendations:

- Contact the fraud departments of any consumer reporting company to place a fraud alert on your credit report.

- Close the accounts that you believe have been used without your knowledge.

If you would like your iTunes Store account to be enabled, please reply to this email with the following information:

1) The billing address listed on the account, and

2) One of the following:

- the last four digits of the payment card used for your iTunes Store account
- the order number of your most recent purchase
- the name of any item you've purchased using this account

I'm sorry I could not be of more assistance with this, #####. If there is anything else I can look into for you, please let me know.

Sincerely,

Kyla
iTunes Store Customer Support
http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/ww/

vulgarstrike
08-31-2010, 08:58 PM
well rodger, it seems you are in an unfortunate loop. these things should normally be handled with the credit card campany