PDA

View Full Version : Exp for quests

icantgetkills
08-31-2010, 04:07 AM
Hello fellow legends :).

Does anyone agree that you should get exp for quests??? I finished all forest haven quests I'm lvl 10 I finish all dark forest I'm level 12 so I get to balfort and get owned anyone like this idea ?? And anyone think u should get 3-4 exp for a boss kill?

caelitus
08-31-2010, 04:15 AM
they should give a bit more- as most peeps have ao2 map 3 open and just level from 1-45 in four hours. perhaps an incentive to go back and quest would be quests
that give much more exp - which lures experienced players back to the older maps, and in turn helps new players out to.

nattissen_88
08-31-2010, 04:20 AM
I was surprised that there were no xp for quests when they started. I thoght that it was standards for mmorpg's.

Elffy
08-31-2010, 12:47 PM
Ya I suggested this early. It seems quite strange this wasn't already implemented.

icantgetkills
08-31-2010, 03:59 PM
Hopefully the devs.can add it soon when they release lost expiditipn campign

Kurlz
09-01-2010, 03:00 PM
completely agree, i was really shocked to realize that quests didnt give xp, especialy after playin WoW, where when i started a night elf, i was lvl 3 after doin two quests...lol
maybe it could be added later, hopefully. it would give quests more of a point, since currently all you get is like 500 gold at most, or fairly weak weapons or armor...

Necrobane
09-02-2010, 02:34 AM
Yeah already posted this....it just makes no sense. questing should award more xp then grinding. It just makes quests pointless. I think finding quests (like chest opening ect) should award about 1/10 xp, collecting quests (get me 30 skeleton bones) should award 3-4/10 xp and boss kills should be 4/10 xp. I did a rough calculation and that wouldn't quite get you between questing areas with a little grinding but would make it a lot more smooth ;)

Snakespeare
09-02-2010, 11:38 AM
Yeah, I agree. When you finish a quest and turn it in, it would be good to get an XP bonus.

For the record, you currently get good items so that you don't need to spend gold on anything but potions. For instance, that bone armor is pretty useful. I recall that the noob quests with instructions also set a character up so that you can now enter the game at 3rd level with nice armor and weapons.

But y'know, I feel that boss kills should have more XP anyway, regardless of quests. 4 XP for a boss kill would be cool.

cjchad
09-02-2010, 01:51 PM
I was disappointed you only get gold. ('more tomes' quest- collect 1000 and something tomes from chests. No experience for that!?!????

icantgetkills
09-04-2010, 05:32 AM
Ikr some quests take so long and watt do you get? A orange shield and 30g? Very imbalanced I finished all quests except 1000 chests and I'm level 23 >.> I needed strong party for the fathorn quests because I was low level bit of a shame